How to connect Samsung phone to a computer
The user cannot do some manipulations without contacting a computer and phone. This combination can perform many functions, for example, charging. If you connect Samsung to the computer, then the phone will be automatically fed by the energy of the device. Thus, the energy tank of the phone can be charged even without connecting to the charger, right through the computer.
Using such a connection, you can easily and simply transfer the images from one device to another. This is also a good option, because the user can transfer not only images, but also various additional files, documents. everything that the soul wants.
The need to connect samsung, and any other phone, exist. If you generalize everything, then you can:
- Charge the device;
- Transmit data;
- And in some cases you can even easily control the phone through the computer system, but this is only available using special programs.
Typically, the need arises when the user wants to throw images from phone to computer, since the PC system is quite voluminous and it is very easy to save images in it. In other cases, such a connection is really necessary.
Having made sure that the connection is an important component that each Samsung phone is worth knowing about, the question arises of how to do it. In fact, there are three proven ways that you should talk about further.
How to connect samsung to a computer
Samsung connection to a computer is a simple process, only you need to choose, with which it will be carried out. This can be done in three ways:
Thus, the user is given a large selection, which he himself can dispose. It is worth checking each way.
Connect the Samsung phone to the computer using USB
The first connection method. using a special cable. For him, first of all, the cable itself is needed, which comes with the device of the phone. Charging with which the Samsung tank is fed. the necessary option.
The user also needs to turn on the computer in advance, and also check that there are no viruses on it. This is necessary so that the computer does not infect a relatively weak phone system. Such a situation can poorly affect his work.
note! So that there are no problems with checking PC for viruses, you can use various programs. For this it is worth watching this video
After checking and preparing all materials, it is worth conducting the connection itself:
- Connection can be called successful if charging has gone to Samsung. If this does not happen, then it is worth checking the correctness of the cable. Does he have anywhere chips or other additional damage;
Galaxy S20/S20: How to Set USB Connection to Transferring Files / Android Auto
- To start data transmission, a pop.up window will appear on the screen, in which you need to click on the “allow” button. This will allow the computer to receive data about the operation of the device, thus guarantee that the images and other files will go through the phone system easily and simply.
This is the most basic way to connect a device to a computer. He has his pros and cons of. For example, the user simply may not have the right cable, and there may also be problems with the connection, which should be discussed later.
It is also worth noting that if the user is fine with this type of connection, then he can try others. They are more difficult to set up, but still take place as cool methods of connecting Samsung to a computer.
Connect Samsung via Wi-Fi to a computer
This is the second more complex, but progressive way to connect. It consists in the fact that the user can quickly connect the phone to PC using Wi-Fi. Previously, this method of connection was considered something unusual and impossible. At the moment, it is more popular than all other methods taken together. In order to use it, you will need two additional items:
You can use various software as a program. FTP server, my Phone Explorer and many others is perfect. It is worth noting that when choosing a program, you need to build on what functions it has. For example, FTP server works only with phone files, and if you need access to SMS. data, it will not work at all. It all depends on what the user needs.
If we consider those utilities that were previously named, the most multifunctional is my Phone Explorer. A more detailed review on her functionality, work in general, can be seen in this video
The user himself decides which device is best used to him. It is worth noting that when choosing, it is worth making an Accent for the functionality, as well as so that there are no viruses on the downloaded source. It is also important if there is a need to further protect not only the computer, but also the phone as a whole.
When the user set the desired program, it is worth taking a few actions:
- We activate the PC, install a special and selected utility on the device, and then activate it;
- In the utility itself, select the connection method. In this case, it is with Wi-Fi;
- After that we wait for the devices to synchronize. This is done quickly enough. Both the phone and PC should be connected to the same Internet network. Without this important point, synchronization simply does not work.
- Now the user can prescribe a special code in the settings to make the connection fast;
- Enter the PIN in the settings and the name of the device to which I would like to make a connection;
- We wait for synchronization.
Thus, using Wi-FI, you can also easily and successfully synchronize contacts, transmit the necessary data. This method is convenient when there is no cable or the user does not know how to work with it. The minus is that you need to install a program that will not take up a lot of space on the computer, as well as that a router is needed.
How to connect a Samsung phone via Bluetooth
This is the third way that also takes place. In order to use it, devices must have a special Bluetooth module in its system. On the computer it is located on the lower panel, and on Samsung. on the upper, in the dispatcher of the program.
Next, the user must prepare devices. On the computer it is worth finding the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, click on it. After that, a window opens in which click on “open parameters”. Now it is worth going to the “Parameters” section and using a tap on a checkmark to allow devices to detect a computer. Thus, the user allowed the devices to connect to the computer.
Now you need to carry out the very fraud, it is done quickly and simply. First you need to activate Bluetooth on Samsung by transferring a function to an active position. We confirm that other devices see the phone nearby.
When the adapters are finally turned on, in the same tray of the computer, click on the Bluetooth with the right mouse button and open the “Add device” item.
Before the connection, it is necessary to enable Bluetooth on each device. On smartphones with Android OS, wireless data transmission is included in the notifications curtain. On the laptop, this task is slightly complicated:
- To turn on the Bluetooth you need to find the physical button next to the keyboard or on the lateral face of the case.
- If there is no such button, study the keyboard: one of the functional keys is usually indicated by the “Sinezuba” icon, so you need to press the option, for example, fnf9.
- Go to the notifications or an area of icons on the taskbar, where the Bluetooth icon may also meet.
- Go into the parameters and select the “Devices” section.
- Select “Add Bluetooth or another device”.
- Select the required type of connection. The system will start the search, after which your smartphone should be displayed.
- Devices must be interconnected. Confirm their connection to each other.
This instruction works on PC with Windows 10 and 8, you need to look for a connection in the control panel on the Seven.
After a successful connection, open the conductor. In the “Network” section, your smartphone should be displayed, with which you can work as with a regular flash drive: open, copy, move and delete files.
A more exotic, but no less convenient way to synchronize PC and smartphone. To do this, you just need to connect both devices to one wireless network, but sometimes you will have to download an additional application to the phone.
The work of the method is based on the fact that the smartphone turns into a mini-server with its own Internet address. Thanks to connecting to one network, the computer easily finds this “server” and gets access to its file system.
Synchronization instructions look like this:
- Connect your devices to one Wi-Fi network.
- Open the standard conductor of files on the smartphone and look in it option “Network”, “Remote access” or “FTP”. If nothing of the kind has been found, download the ES application from Google Play.
- Go to the remote access section. Here, information is usually displayed that you are connected to a specific Wi-Fi network, after which it is proposed to activate the option.
- After activation, the code should appear in FTP: // 000 format.000.000.0: 00000. Enter it in the address line of the conductor on PC (to where the path of folders and files from the root disk is usually displayed). Press the Enter key.
- The computer will download the file system of your smartphone.
You can work with files in the usual way. After all the work is completed on the phone, you need to disable the remote access option.
If wireless data transfer methods for some reason are not suitable for you, you can just use the memory card installed on your smartphone. For this you need:
- Move to the memory card (microSD) those files that are subsequently required to be thrown away on PC.
- Pull out a flash drive from a smartphone and place it in a special cartrider. In addition, the card can be inserted into a USB-adapter, similar to an ordinary flash drive and designed to work with microSD.
- Insert a cartrider or adapter into the corresponding connector on a computer.
After connecting, all actions with such a carrier are no different from actions with a flash drive.
Samsung Smart Switch
For all devices with Android 4.3 and above there is another utility called Smart Switch. The software is compatible with the latest smartphones and tablets of the Galaxy series. You can download the distribution at this link.
The utility supports the restoration of backups from other phones, file transfer, saving contacts and updating the firmware on Galaxy devices.
First you need to download and install a program called Samsung Kies. It is freely available, and you need to download it from the official site at this link. www.Samsung.COM/Kies/. Next, it is necessary to act in accordance with this instruction:
Connection using USB
The method using a USB cable is the most common and simple option, since the cable is always included in the set of the purchased smartphone. Even if the cable is no longer working, you can buy new for little money in the nearest store. Another advantage of the cable is that it can be used on any computer (PC, laptop, netbook).
All you need is a USB cable, a phone and a free port on a computer.
- When connecting a device to a computer via a USB cable, drivers are first installed. After the installation is completed in the lower right corner of the computer, the USB drive icon will appear.
- After that, a window will appear on the screen of a mobile device with a sentence select the type of connection. You must click on “Put the files”.
- Then go to the computer to the “My computer” and find the icon of your device in the list of all disks and open it.
- As a result, two disks will open. One of them is Microsd, the other is the memory of the device itself.
- All contents of the disks are displayed in the form of folders and files that can be transmitted.
Smartphone not connecting to PC | Fixed | 100% working solution for phone is not connecting to PC
Connection via Bluetooth
Some people use Bluetooth to connect. This method is possible if the Bluetooth adapter is installed on the PC.
- On the phone you need to enable the Bluetooth function. After that, you need to open the control panel on the computer. In it you need to select the item “Network and the Internet”. Next, you need to select “Adding a wireless device“.
- When the search for available devices ends, you need to select your phone on the screen and come up with a code. Then, this code must be entered on the smartphone.
The connection will last until the Bluetooth function will turn off on one of the devices.
All these methods are quite simple, so everyone can try them all to decide which one more like and which of them is more convenient and fast.
Problems with the driver
When the first connection through the cord, the driver is installed on the computer. a special program for managing the connected phone. If the laptop does not detect a smartphone, when connecting which there were no difficulties before, then the problem may be with the driver. To fix this problem:
- Click on the “Start” with the right mouse button and select the “Device Manager”;
- In the window that appears, you need to find the line “portable devices” and click on it;
- If the driver does not work, then in the list the device will be marked with an exclamation mark;
- In this case, you need to click on the name of the device with the right button and in the drop.down list, press the “update of the driver”;
- After that. “Find the drivers on this computer”;
- click “Choose a driver from the list of already installed drivers”;
- In the window that opens, you need to select the necessary driver and click “Next”.
After updating, the exclamation mark should disappear. If this does not happen, you need to find the official website of the manufacturer of your gadget and download software from there.
Failed USB port of the computer
The laptop may not see the mobile device due to a USB port malfunction. To check this, you need to connect the phone to another port, if there are several, or to another laptop. Also, the operation of the connector can be checked using a flash drive. if it is also not found, then most likely the port is faulty. It is impossible to fix this on your own, you will need repairs.
If when connecting the phone to another connector or laptop, it is still not visible, then perhaps the case is in the wire. Cheap cables often do not have the necessary properties and quickly fail. Or they can be intended only to recharge the phone. Therefore, to connect a mobile device and a computer, it is best to use the wire that comes with the phone. If you are sure of the serviceability of a USB port, the driver is installed correctly, but the computer still does not detect a smartphone, try to replace the cord.
How to solve a problem
First you must make sure that a working cable is used to connect. The easiest way is to put the phone for charging with the same cord. If the device is charged, then the problem is definitely not in the cable.
The second point that users often lose sight is the wrong type of connection is chosen. When a person connects a smartphone with a PC, a notification appears on the screen of a mobile device, offering to choose one of several types of conjugation:
The default indicates the type “only charging”. With this connection, the smartphone to the Android OS just gets energy from the computer. Check the conjugation settings and select “Connect as a media device” or “USB-drive”. Only in this case, the PC will see the Samsung Galaxy S9 phone as a full.fledged media.
If, when connecting a mobile device to PC, nothing happens at all (the gadget does not even charge), you need to check the working capacity of the USB integration on the computer. For example, you can insert a USB flash drive or connect a mouse.
Problems of a physical nature (damage to the cable or connector) are solved only by the replacement of components. And in a situation where you choose the correct type of connection (media device) and use good accessories, faulty drivers are the reason for the appearance of errors.
As a rule, they are installed automatically at the first mating of a smartphone and PC. Uploaded only if there is a connection with the Internet. If you do not connect to the network, the drivers will not be loaded. Therefore, it is recommended to check the Internet access.
You can check the performance of the drivers as follows:
If the smartphone is not displayed in the device dispatcher, it makes sense to turn on the developer mode on the Android gadget:
- Open the phone settings.
- Go to the “For Developers” section.
- Activate a function.
- Click “USB configuration by default”.
- Select the value of “file transfer”.
When none of the proposed tips helps, the only way out is to reset the smartphone settings. This operation is performed if the owner of the device suspects that the conjugation is absent due to the presence of viruses.
After the operation from the mobile device is performed, all files will be deleted. In order not to lose important information, it is recommended to first create a backup copy.
As you can see, problems with the lack of visibility of the connected phone on PC can be both software and hardware in nature. over, there are a considerable amount of such problematic factors.
I would advise first to pay attention to probable mechanical damage in the cable and device. And then switch to software methods.
In many cases, the usual reboot of the smartphone (temporary battery removal) can help). Or work with the settings of the USB phone connection. If all of the above does not help and the computer does not see the phone via USB but charges, then it is possible to contact the qualified service center.
If the connection does not occur automatically
If the connection still could not be established, then the exact cause of the malfunction will be able to determine the masters on modern diagnostic equipment.
You can ask a question to the masters from our service center by calling on the phone or writing your question on the feedback form.
Perhaps you will also be interested in
Repair of Samsung laptops for 1 day
Order repairs in our service center, and get a serviceable device on the same day, with a guarantee of up to 1 year
Add a comment
Leave your question through the feedback form and it is the master who will call you back and will answer without imposing which. or services.
How to connect Samsung phone to a computer?
Today, a mobile phone is the most necessary tool for the life of a modern person. And the mobile phones and smartphones of the Samsung brand are located at the top of the rating of popularity. It is not surprising that many users ask the same question (including on my blog): “How to connect the Samsung phone to a computer”.
Frankly, I have a phone of the same brand (though already quite old by modern standards). In this article, we will consider how to connect the Samsung phone to PC and that it will give us.
What will be given to us the connection of the phone to PC
The possibility of backup maintaining all contacts (from SIM card from phone memory).
For a long time I have all the phones (including work). all in the same phone. Needless to say, what will happen if you drop the phone or it does not turn on just at the right time? Therefore. backup is the first thing I recommend to do you when connecting the phone to PC.
Phone exchange with computer files: music, video, photos, etc.
Editing any contacts, files, etc.D.
To AK connect the Samsung phone to PC
To connect the Samsung phone to the computer, you will need: 1. USB cord (usually comes with the phone); 2. Samsung Kies program (you can download on the official website).
Installing the Samsung Kies program does not differ in anything special from installing any other program. The only thing you need to choose the correct codec (see. screenshot below).
Codec selection when installing Samsung Kies.
After the installation is completed. you can immediately create a shortcut on the desktop to quickly start the program and start it.
After that, you can connect the phone to the USB port of the computer. The Samsung Kies program will automatically begin to connect to the phone (it takes about 10-30 seconds.).
To AK make backing up all contacts from the phone to the computer?
Samsung Kies launch field in Lite mode. just go to the data backup section and recovery. Next, click on the “Select all points” button and then on “backup”.
Literally within a few seconds, all contacts will be copied. Cm. The screenshot below.
In general, the menu is quite convenient and intuitively understandable. It is enough just to choose, for example, the “Photo” section and you will immediately see all the photos that are on your phone. Cm. The screenshot below.
In the program, you can rename the files, the part is deleted, partly copy to the computer.
By the way, the Samsung Kies program automatically checks your phone firmware and checks if there is a newer version. If there is, she will offer to update her.
To see if there is a new firmware. just follow the link (on the menu on the left, upstairs) with the model of your phone. In my case, it is “GT-C6712”.
In general, if the phone works fine and it suits you. I do not recommend performing the firmware. It is possible that you will lose part of the data, the phone can become “differently” (I don’t know. for the better or for the worse). At least. do backup before such updates (see. higher in the article).
On this today is all. I hope you can easily connect your Samsung phone to PC.
Systemic problems in the phone
Try to restart the smartphone. If not helped, look further. If nothing helps at all, then you may have to reset your Samsung to factory settings with a preliminary creation of a backup copy.
Perhaps something got on the phone connector or it was accidentally subjected to mechanical damage. Inspect it and, if necessary, clean it. If the cleaning of the nest does not give a result, and you see, then only the replacement of the damaged part will help.
Virus on the phone or PC
Some viruses may prevent the normal operation of USB ports. We recommend that in any case, check the computer and laptop using antivirus.
As you can see, the reasons for the fact that the computer does not see the Samsung phone can be a lot. If one of the ways of solving helped you, vote for it below, so that other users can start solving their problem correctly.
In addition to problems with the computer, it may arise that the Samsung phone flashes and does not turn on. If you suddenly have such a problem, then we hope this solution will help you.