Antenna cable connection
Not all Dandy set-top boxes can be connected to modern TVs using an AV cable. In such cases, a normal antenna cord should be used. This method has a number of disadvantages that must be taken into account. Among them, experts distinguish the following:
- poor quality of the displayed image;
- difficulties in setting up a TV, regardless of whether it is old or modern.
Connecting and configuring Dandy using an antenna cord occurs according to a certain algorithm of actions. It involves the following steps:
- Connect the two devices with an antenna cable.
- Turn on the set-top box and install the cartridge in its place in the slot.
- Turn on the TV and adjust its settings by searching for new channels.
If all the above steps are performed in the correct sequence, a corresponding connection is formed between the Dandy set-top box and the TV. Then you can enjoy the installed game.
It is also worth paying attention to some of the nuances that Honor needs:
- When performing any manipulations with the antenna cable, you should make sure that all devices. both the set-top box and the TV. are disconnected from the mains.
- If during the implementation of the setting, the game image periodically disappears on the screen, you should check the cable connection.
- In the absence of color rendition, be sure to once again make sure that the cord is connected securely or repeat the settings made earlier.
Thus, if everything is done in accordance with the instructions, connecting Dandy to the most modern TV is not at all difficult.
In order to connect the set-top box to the TV, you need to figure out which cable you need to use. To do this, you need to inspect the rear panel of the device. If it has 3 round red, yellow and white inputs, use an AV cable. It is often called a tulip due to the appearance of this cord. Structurally, such a cable consists of three branches. They are designed to transmit video and audio.
Despite the fact that almost every old TV was equipped with AV cable inputs, many modern models also retain this feature. In order to connect the set-top box, you need to follow the following procedure:
- connect the RSA Jack cable to your TV and set-top box;
- insert the game cartridge into the console;
- connect the power supply to the mains;
- start the selected game;
- switch channel to AV.
After completing all the above actions, the logo of the game itself or the company that is its manufacturer should appear on the TV screen.
A distinctive feature of the AV cable is that it allows you to clearly transfer the picture to the TV screen. Antenna cables sometimes do not cope with this task at the proper level. In addition, setting up a set-top box using an AV cable is much easier and faster.
Connecting to an old TV
In order to understand what are the features of connecting Dandy to old TVs of different models, you need to pay attention to the following nuances:
- Samsung. Many users have difficulty connecting the console to this particular TV model. This is due to the fact that on some of them, instead of the standard yellow and green inputs, you need to use white and yellow. To connect to them, you just need an adapter with 3RCA. Without it, in some cases, it is not possible to connect the set-top box.
- LG. The video cable should be connected to the TV of this manufacturer with an A / V to HDMI converter. Thus, you can connect and configure Dandy on an LG TV without any difficulties and problems. It should be noted that such a connection allows you to achieve a high-quality picture on the screen.
- Philips. The TVs of this brand compare favorably with many others. This is due to the fact that they have standard inputs. white and yellow. The configuration of these devices is carried out using the remote control. To do this, you need to press the “Input” button.
It is even easier to connect the Dandy set-top box to an old TV than to a new one. This process takes no more than a few minutes of free time.
Instructions for connecting Dandy to modern TVs
Games have long been an integral part of the lives of many people, both children and adolescents and adults. A significant transformation with them took place in the 90s of the twentieth century. This was facilitated by the emergence of mass access to a variety of consoles. One of the most popular among them was Dandy. Due to the fact that this console is more than 20 years old, its connection to modern televisions causes certain difficulties. Before starting this process, you should first understand about all the problems that you will have to face. This is what will be discussed later in this article.
Using an adapter
If the interface of a modern TV is in the form of a comb, you will need to use a special adapter. On the one hand, it consists of a cord with 3 wires, on the other. a SCART connector.
How to connect mi phone with Samsung Smart TV
It is imperative to pay attention to the fact that the signal transmission of the IN type must be set on the adapter. Otherwise, the device may not transmit the game image you need to the TV screen.
You can connect the adapter with 3RCA and SCART connector to your TV and set-top box in just 1 minute. After that, it will take no more than 2-3 minutes to complete the remaining tasks required before starting the game process.
Installation and connection to modern TVs
Despite the fact that at the moment almost everyone has their own personal computer and emulators that are currently popular, nevertheless, sometimes many have nostalgia for consoles from the 90s. This also applies to Dandy.
In order for the connection of the set-top box to be successful, you must first prepare several devices, such as:
- Power Supply;
- joysticks for one or more people;
- AV cable (so-called tulip);
- special adapter.
It only takes a few minutes of free time to connect the gaming console directly to the receiver itself. In this case, the installation scheme can be varied. It directly depends on what type of cable is used. It can be as follows:
- AV cable;
- satellite antenna cable.
Since a large number of Dandy models were produced, their kits could be different. In some, a connection cable was present, in others, it had to be purchased additionally.
How to connect Xiaomi to TV?
Going on a trip or just visiting friends, from time to time there is a need to view information from a smartphone on a large screen. Copying everything to a USB flash drive is an option, but not suitable when it comes to online content. What to do in this case and how to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4x (or any other smartphone) to the TV?
If the TV is modern and supports Miracast technology, everything is quite simple and does not require much effort. The method of activating the wireless mode in such a TV can be found in the instructions for it.
To connect to such a TV, you need the included Wi-Fi module. In this case, it is not necessary that it be connected to some kind of wireless network.
For Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell
We go into the settings of the smartphone system and select the item “Additional functions”. In the window that opens, select the item “Wireless display”.
We activate the “Wireless Display” function and wait for the smartphone to find an available monitor.
All that remains is to click on it and wait for the connection.
For smartphones on “pure” Android (Xiaomi Mi A1)
On Xiaomi Mi A1, the process of connecting a wireless screen is slightly different. We go into the settings of the smartphone, select the “Screen” section, where at the very bottom we click on the “Broadcast” item.
Next, click on the ellipsis and activate the “Enable” item. After that, the screen will display a list of devices available for connection from which we select the required.
If the connection is successful, a duplicate image from the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen and you can enjoy the contents of your mobile device on the big screen.
Of course, not all TVs support the technology of wireless image transmission with sound, in this case additional devices come to the rescue. One such device is an inexpensive but effective dongle from MiraScreen. You can buy it on Aliexpress for only 9.99.
An HDMI port is required to connect to a TV. although with a special adapter “HDMI-tulips” it is possible to connect to old TVs.
Having connected MiraScreen to the TV, insert the supplied cable with the antenna into it. It also houses a USB plug that supplies power to the device. It can be plugged into the TV’s USB port (if available) or any charger. Recommended charging parameters. 5V / 1A.
Once connected, the screen will display the current operating mode (Apple or Windows / Android). Switching between them is carried out by pressing a small button on the side of the device.
All that remains is to connect the smartphone according to the instructions described above.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Two devices in one. as, for example, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (adapter with cable). will suit the owners of Apple phones. This adapter allows you to synchronize your iPhone or iPad with almost any device that has an HDMI input: connect your mobile phone or tablet to the projector, as well as a monitor and TV. any device will be able to simultaneously broadcast everything that is happening on the user’s smartphone to an external source.
Watching videos, slideshows, surfing the web. these processes will not be limited by the size of the device display.
How to connect your phone to your TV: 10 ways
Do you want to show photos or video footage from your smartphone to friends and family, but do not want to huddle in front of the small screen of your mobile phone? Connect your Smart device to your TV and enjoy a high-quality picture on a large display. How to do this. read the article. We looked at 10 popular ways to connect a mobile phone to a TV screen.
Some methods are suitable for android gadgets, some for iPhones. Read on to find the one that suits you best. The article describes both connection methods that involve the use of cables and USB wires, and wireless options.
Slimport was offered to users of smart devices by Analogix, based on the development of DisplayPort.
This standard works on an almost identical principle to the well-known MHL: support for 7.1 multichannel sound, UltraHD and 4K playback. DisplayPort or HDMI is used to connect to external image sources, USB microslot on the user’s gadget.
Important: direct connection of a mobile phone to the TV screen is not possible in all cases, so the user is advised to stock up on an additional adapter.
- Lack of external power supply.
- USB host capability: connecting additional devices to the adapter.
- free of any patent fees unlike HDMI.
MicroHDMI is one of three high definition multimedia interfaces. This “wire” facilitates the task of connecting smartphones to an external display (or TV), which allows you to display an image on it.
- USB microformat remains “free”: some smartphones have “embedded” HDMI-input in “micro” format.
- No additional “recharge” is needed.
- Fully compatible with classic HDMI type.
- Easy to connect: the user can use several connection methods using a combination cable (classic “full Size” “micro”) or a normal full-size HDMI adapter suitable for him. In the case of a mini-format HDMI cable, the option with an adapter is also relevant.
This cord is another option that makes it possible to synchronize a smartphone with a TV screen. MHL is a combination of a function performed by HDMI (such as Dell DA200 USB-C), which is responsible for transferring high quality audio and video signals, and micro USB, which powers the smartphone battery.
- Classic. involves the use of an adapter cord with three wires: HDMI-in. for connecting to a TV screen, USB-in in microformat. for connecting to a power source and USB-out of the “micro” type. for a mobile phone. The flaw in this synchronization method is the extra wire.
- Direct Connecting. HDMI-out on TV MHL-out on mobile phone. This method of connection is convenient, however, it is not compatible with every TV.
- Exclusive. created by Samsung, which is available to users as a separate adapter or as an add-on to some products. Exclusive. there are additional contacts with an indicator of 11 pins, while the standard has only five. It is important to take into account that the number of pins in devices must be the same, otherwise you will need an additional adapter to connect the devices.
Chromecast is a development from Google that allows you to display an image on a TV screen from a mobile gadget, for example, from Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
- connect the phone to the HDMI connector located on the TV;
- provide power supply through the network or USB port;
- install the appropriate extension on the phone;
- specify the code (it will appear on the screen after installing the extension);
- allow network access.
The advantages of using a Chromecast service are to increase the speed of interaction with the host of smart TVs.
DLANA is a technology for exchanging media data (between devices supporting this technology), provided that the interacting devices are united by a network connection.
Attention! To owners of smartphones released by LG, DLNA is known as “Smart SHARE”. Samsung calls this technology AllShare, and SONY calls this shell VAIO Media Server.
How to synchronize a DLNA service with a smartphone (for example, HTC):
You need to make sure that all devices have an Internet signal Launch “Gallery” Select any of the available files Press “more” Select a player corresponding to the brand or specific model of the TV.
After the actions performed by the user, the selected photo will appear on the TV display automatically. This applies to any files stored in the smartphone gallery.
Note: if the task failed, then the user will need to download a shell that is compatible with the brand of the device. As a rule, the name of the shell is identical to the additional software.
If the smartphone or TV does not have an HDMI connector, the user can synchronize devices using the MiniDisplay-Port adapter.
Important: the adapter must be selected corresponding, for example, MiniDisplay-Port to HDMI.
In fact, it is an interface standard for outputting signals to monitors, known to the user as Display-Port. The prefix “mini” says that this is a miniature copy of it, which allows you to use the appropriate connector for mobile gadgets.
MHL 3.0 (for 4K)
Adapters (as an option, DIGITUS MHL 3.0) have become available to users since 2013, expanding the horizons of smartphone owners:
- 4K 30Hz image transmission.
- High quality audio. Dolby TrueHD. for 7.1 and DTS-HD.
- Battery charging up to 10W.
Interesting: the first gadgets to support the 3.0 standard were the technology produced by Sony: the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and the tablet PC of the same series.