How to quickly connect wireless headphones to a computer via Bluetooth?
Oh, how many times have I fallen from the chair, after forgetting that I was wearing headphones. I tried to get up. I think everyone is familiar with this picture. The problem is that in this way you can not only break the wired headphones, but also rip out the port of the sound card. which can lead to damage to the sound system or the motherboard.
That is why I decided. and still bought myself wireless headphones. Using my example, I will show how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer or laptop.
HELP! Dear readers of our wireless site. I tried to reveal all sides of this unfortunate problem in the article. If something does not work out for you, then write your questions in the comments, and I will be happy to help you. May the Wi-Fi Guide come with you.
- In the tray in the lower right corner, you should see a Bluetooth icon. If it is hidden, then just click on the arrow that points at the top to open hidden icons.
- Now click on the “Blue tooth” icon and from the drop-down list “Add Bluetooth devices”. If the device is turned off, turn on!
- Next, you need to turn on the headphones. For me, they are activated using the power button, which you need to hold down until the device starts to burn. Some models have a separate Bluetooth button that activates the transmitter.
- The computer will try to find any devices and in the “Options” window you will see the name of the headphones and the word “Paired” if the connection was successful.
Solution of problems
No bluetooth in task manager
- Perhaps you just have the drivers for the adapter installed. In the same place, in the device manager, go to the “Other devices” tab. Perhaps “Unknown device”. and will be our Bluetooth.
- Click on it twice and in the “Driver” tab, click “Update”. If the drivers are not updated from the Windows server, then you will need to look for drivers from the motherboard, since the Bluetooth adapter is sewn there. You can also download the driver pack from https://drp.su/ru/foradmin. Scroll down a little to the “Driverpacks” section and download both packs.
- If there is nothing at all in other devices, but you gut feel that you have Bluetooth. Maybe it is disabled in the BIOS. When rebooting, hold down one of the keys: Del, F2, F3 (the button depends on the version and type of BIOS, so you need to try all the buttons).
- As soon as you appear at the very core of your PC, go to the device tab. If you find Bluetooth, just turn it on by putting it in the “Enabled” mode.
- For installation, simply insert the device into an available USB port.
- Next, the drivers should be downloaded automatically.
- If this did not happen, then go to the task manager in the “Other devices” tab.
- There will be a new apparatus. Our task is to update the drivers. Sometimes a disc comes with the device, then it is worth making an installation from it or downloading firewood from the official website.
Checking the “Blue Tooth”
And so, the lack of a built-in Bluetooth module may become a small problem. Unfortunately, not even all laptops have this transmitter, let alone desktop computers. Now we will check if we have Bluetooth or not.
- Simultaneously hold down the Windows button and R. The command execution window will come out. We enter such a line “devmgmt.msc” press “OK” or Enter.
- We look at the device manager. It is necessary to find any mention of Bluetooth that will say that this technology is present in your computer.
- Double click on the adapter device. A window will pop up where it will be written that the device is working normally.
If the device is not detected, but you know that it is, then go to the chapter troubleshooting in the same article.
Already at this stage, you can try to play any music, but problems may arise. The fact is that a successful Connect does not say that after that the sound will play without problems. So, if the sound is interrupted or the headphones are silent, we go to adjust the sound.
- Go to “Start” and look for “Control Panel”.
- Further, depending on the OS version, you need to go to the sound settings. Just find the speaker icon and double click.
- The settings menu will open. We are interested in the first tab “Playback”.
- Double click on the headphones. After that, in the line “Device Application”, there should be “Use this device (incl.)”. If not, then activate the headphones. Click “Apply”.
- For every fireman, restart your PC or laptop. After that, turn on Bluetooth on the PC, then activate the headphones and try again to listen to the sound.
Headphone connection with optional adapter
I will also tell you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer, which immediately have a built-in adapter for a PC, which looks like a flash drive. That is, even if there is no Bluetooth on the PC, then the headphones can be safely used.
- Turn on the headphones and plug the adapter into the USB port.
- In the start in the search bar, enter “Device connection”, click “view devices and printers”.
- Next, right-click on a free field. select “Add devices”.
- The operating system will frantically search for connected devices. The installation of the drivers will also begin. At the very end, you will see a window with a message that the device has been added.
- Now in the same place in “Devices and Printers” we right-click on our headset and select “Bluetooth Operations”.
- The system will automatically search for the required services. At the very end, click “Listen to music”.
Now you can turn on any player, video or watch movies on the Internet, and listen to sound from brand new headphones. If errors appear during installation, then install the drivers from the disk, since usually such a headset comes with an additional disk with software. In any other case, you can download the software from the official website.
Instructions for Windows XP
In this version of this OS, the actions will be slightly different from its newer versions. Expand the “Start” menu, click on “Run.”, type in the command “ncpa.cpl” (without quotes) and click on “OK”.
A list of network connections will open, find “Wireless network connection”, if it is disabled, then enable it. Click on it with the mouse (right click) and then go to the item “View available wireless networks”.
Interesting! If the connection is not fast enough, you can use the effective methods from the article. how to increase the speed of the Internet to fix it.
Instructions for Windows 10, 8.1 and 8
Click on the wireless connection icon, which is located in the taskbar (see the picture), a panel will pop up on which the available networks will be displayed, select the desired one and click on the “Connect” button.
If the network is password protected, then enter the required password in the window that opens and click “Next”.
Next, you will be asked to indicate the visibility of your PC on this network, if you are not at home, then it makes no sense to allow other computers to see yours, i.e. enable sharing.
Everything, now you can use the Internet, try to measure its speed for the sake of interest, read about this in the article. how to check the speed of the Internet.
How to connect Wi-Fi (WI-FI) to a computer and laptop
Wi-Fi wireless data transmission technology has become a part of our everyday life. It can be found almost everywhere, in shopping centers, fitness centers, restaurants and cafes.
But, despite this, still not everyone knows how to connect Wi-Fi to their computer or laptop, and even more so to other devices, for example, to a TV or game console that supports this technology.
From the previous post, you could find out what Wi-Fi is, now we will take a closer look at how to connect to WI-FI in Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP.
Important! Before proceeding directly to setting up the connection. check that you have installed drivers for the Wi-Fi module, and that the corresponding adapter is generally present on your PC.
How to connect Wi-Fi to computer and laptop
The first step is to make sure “Wireless Network Connection” is enabled on the system. To do this, press “WIN R” on the keyboard at once, type in the command “ncpa.cpl” (without quotes) and click on “OK”.
A list of network connections will appear, see if the wireless works, if not, then turn it on.
Now, making sure that everything is included. let’s go directly to the Wi-Fi connection.
Instructions for Windows 7
The Wi-Fi connection icon should be displayed in the taskbar (see the picture), click on it. a list of the nearest wireless networks will appear. For the network you need, click on the “Connect” button.
If it is password-protected, then enter the password in the window that appears and click on “OK”.
Access to the global web will be open, and you can easily visit sites of interest to you.
As you can see, it’s easy to connect to Wi-Fi, for different versions of Windows the steps are almost the same, so it’s not difficult to figure them out. You always have only good and high-quality Internet!
How to connect a TV to a computer via Wi-Fi?
Recently I bought myself a large TV set with a Smart TV system. And then the question immediately arose. how to connect your computer to the TV via home WI-FI. In antediluvian times, they used an HDMI wire. but this is wildly inconvenient. As it turned out later, there are a lot of ways and each has its own pros and cons. But I’ll highlight one. DLNA.
DLNA or in English Digital Living Network Alliance is a certain kind of standards that help to stream multimedia files (photos, videos, music) over a network between devices through a router. That is, you downloaded a movie, put it in a folder, shared it (made it visible on the network to other devices) and now you can watch this movie on TV. For this we need:
- A router with a configured Wi-Fi network;
- The TV and computer must be connected to this wireless network. If you do not know how to connect a TV set, you can read my article on this matter here. Everything is clearly stated there.
- The wide screen must have a built-in Wi-Fi module. To check this, just go to the settings. Then go to the section related to the network and see if there are wireless network settings.
So. we have a wireless network and a connected computer and TV. Now there are three options for setting up a DLNA server:
- Using the program;
- Through the built-in player;
- Manual setting.
HELP! Dear readers, write your questions and describe the difficulties you encountered in the comments. and I will try to help you. Good luck with the settings!
The computer does not see the TV or vice versa
There are several steps to solve this problem:
- Go to the network settings of the TV and check that it is connected to your home network;
- Reboot your router and TV;
- Repeat all the instructions above. you may have forgotten to do something;
Setup via Windows Media Player
- Start the player. To do this, click “Start”, so as not to scour the wilds of Windows, enter the name “Player” in the search bar. Run the application.
- Look in the left window: “Music”, “Video” and “Image” and there are the sections you need. I will show with an example of a video. right-click on this section and select “Manage video library”.
- Now you will see all the shared movie folders. by default. I, on the other hand, created a folder on the “D” drive in advance, where I store films and series. To add this folder, you need to click “Add” and select it.
- Hurrah! Now it has been added. But that’s not all. click on the “Stream” button and select “Advanced streaming options” from the drop-down menu. On the top ten and eight, the section will be called “Enable streaming media”. Will be located at the very bottom. you can’t go wrong.
- Now let’s name the server name (The one that will be displayed on the TV), by default this is the name of the computer. And just below, select our TV, which should already be connected to the network. Opposite it, click the “Allowed” checkbox and click “Next”. Then again “Next”.
- The PC will issue a password. It is better to write it down. as you will need it to connect your computer to the TV. It is not a fact that it will be requested, but it is better to write it down on a piece of paper or take a picture on your phone. Please note that there are both upper and lower case letters here. this is important.
- We go to the TV, turn it on and look for any mention of DLNA and multimedia server in the settings. Once you are there, you will see the name of your PC. Perhaps, when connecting, you will need a password, which I mentioned earlier.
This company has a licensed program with which you can safely configure the server on your PC.
- Download and install the program from the office. site. https://www.LG.com/ru/support/smart-share.
- After starting, go to the parameters and turn on the server if it was turned off;
- Go to “My Shared Files”, click on the folder with the plus sign and select any folder with videos or photos.
- After that, you will see all the movies in this folder.
The program is very convenient. In this case, you can immediately connect to the TV. You can start movies directly from here.
Manual configuration for all models (Philips, Samsung, Xiaomi)
To get started, go to any drive and create a folder. For example, “Video”, it will store all films, amateur home videos. But in fact, it doesn’t matter, you can upload any media information there. You can also download films from the Internet there.
- Right click on this folder and select “Properties”;
- Go to the “Access” tab and click “Share”;
- There will be a small arrow next to the add button, click on it and select “All” (That is, all network users). And click “Add”. A new rule will be added at the bottom. Click “Sharing”.
- Now you will see an icon that the folder is now networked. In order to check whether a folder has been added, you need to go to “Network” in the same window on the left. Then go to your computer and you will see our “Videos” folder.
- Click once on the network connection in the lower right corner and go to the control center.
- Select the third item in the left column to change.
- If you have Windows 10, you will also need to click on the arrow next to the “All networks” section. On Windows 7 and 8, you get to where you need to go.
- View to have access to shared folders open on the network.
- Scroll down to the bottom and disable password protection.
- That’s it. now we go to our TV and turn it on. You need to go to the settings. Each TV company has its own name for the connection to the DLNA server (in our case, this is our computer and the “Video” folder):
- LG. Smart Share;
- Sony. Sony Bravia;
- Samsung. AllShare.
- But sometimes this section can be called directly as DLNA. As soon as you go there, you will see the name of your computer. We go there and see our video folder.
We kindly ask you to familiarize yourself with the formats supported by your TV in advance. You can find out about them in the documentation. You need to understand that Smart TV supports all formats of video, pictures and music. So, if you do not see some files or they are crossed out, this means that the TV set cannot read them.
TV as a wireless monitor
A year ago, all computers and laptops that had an Intel processor had Miracast or WiDi technology. It allowed you to display your computer screen on any TV over Wi-Fi. But the company completely stopped supporting this technology and removed the program from the official website. It is not yet clear why this happened. And not all TVs support this standard. But on old operating systems Windows 7 and on some eights, you can synchronize PC and Smart TV. To broadcast your desktop you need:
- Press the Windows button and P at the same time.
- Don’t click anything on PC yet. Turn on your TV and go to settings. Go to the network section and see if there is a Miracast or WiDi section. Or something similar. Go to this application.
- On the PC, select “Duplicate” or “Connect to a wireless display”.
- We allow access on TV and enjoy the stream.
The easy way
This option is the most convenient and least expensive in terms of the number of actions and time. It does not require any additional processes to be performed. You just need to install the device in the desired place and turn it on. Of course, the gadget must be within the reach of the Wi-Fi coverage through which information will be exchanged.
After the device is connected to the mains and turned on, you will need to start the PC. Then we install the drivers from the accompanying disk and reboot the system. After the operating system is fully loaded, where the Wi-Fi module will be automatically launched, go to the “Start” menu located in the lower left corner of the monitor screen, and in the right column of the window we find and click on the position “Devices and Printers”.
By clicking, a window will be launched, where all connected devices will be displayed, including the ones we need. It will not be difficult to find it, since its name will display the manufacturer and model.
Just right-click on it to bring up the context menu, and select the second item from the top with the name “Use as default”.
If everything was done correctly, then a round green icon with a white checkmark will be displayed on the device icon.
In principle, that’s it. the gadget is ready to use. But before printing any documents to the printer via Wi-Fi, it is recommended to print a test page.
Devices with this type of connection have one very significant drawback, namely, if you forget to turn off the device after use, then an unscrupulous neighbor or colleague will be able to connect to it and send a couple of unnecessary files for printing. Therefore, it is advisable to turn off the device at the end of the work.
In terms of execution, this method practically does not differ from the previous one, with the exception of some nuances. Immediately after installing the drivers and utilities from the printer, you will need to go into the settings of the device itself and select the network to which it will be connected.
This is done very simply. It just takes a little patience and care. In principle, everything will be approximately the same as when adding any other device to an existing Wi-Fi network.
First, we find the desired network, and then enter the encryption key. It seems like a trifle, but the convenience grows significantly. In fact, you have succeeded in making the printer networked over Wi-Fi. And this allows almost any Wi-Fi device connected to this access point to directly send files for printing, without the intervention of a personal computer or laptop.
In addition, devices coupled according to this scheme are completely devoid of the disadvantage of the previous method, and the level of ease of use becomes simply prohibitive.
We connect the printer to the laptop via Wi-Fi
The last decade has passed under the umbrella of mobility, and therefore manufacturers have begun to slowly switch to wireless technology. Output media are no exception, and today let’s look at how to connect a printer via Wi-Fi.
About printers and the nature of the problem
Despite the fact that there are not so many commonly available types of printers, about five, the technologies by which they work are being improved by each company that produces them. Thus, it turns out that in fact each model is more or less unique in terms of technology of work and production.
The idea of a wireless connection has long been pushed into this area of computer technology. Already five years ago, it was possible to purchase a multifunctional device (MFP) with support for Wi-Fi connections. It would seem worth adding a Wi-Fi module. But it’s not that simple.
Even now, there are many different subtleties and ways to connect a wireless printer to a gadget or computer. In fact, each model can have different from its predecessor not only settings, but also the very principle of operation. Therefore, connecting a printer to a computer via Wi-Fi is not such an easy thing. But what can I say, there is a case when a new-fangled device with Wi-Fi support could not be configured even in the native service center.
But it’s okay to connect, but setting up a printer via Wi-Fi in some cases is simply super difficult, and sometimes even almost impossible. Why so confuse and complicate such a process, which should initially be simple and intuitive, is unknown.
Since there is no universal method, at least a few of the most common ones should be described. But even this does not guarantee that they will be at least partially useful to everyone who purchased such a device. In any case, here we will consider the three most common connection methods, which can be conditionally designated as follows:
The last option we are considering, how to connect a laptop to a printer via Wi-Fi, is the most difficult relative to the previous two.
Such pairing schemes have their own nuances that can play a role, or they can even be left out. The fact is that it may happen that the device will work from the start and no special actions and manipulations will have to be performed. This course of events is possible only if the stock IP address of the device is located within the same subnet with the used provider and the dedicated client.
Simply put, this is unlikely, especially since most of the currently used are not static IP addresses, but dynamic ones.
For machines with a similar connection scheme, you will need to add to the PC settings the IP address that the printer uses.
You will need to go to “Devices and Printers” again and click on the “Add Printer” button.
In the displayed window, two blocks will be presented, of which we need the lower one, which has the signature “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”.
The updated window will start automatic search. When the printer is found, it will be displayed in the main part of the window.
We double-click on it, and a small window will appear here, where you will need to enter the IP address specified in the instructions for the purchased device. When we finish entering the data, a notification will appear about the successful connection of the device. After restarting your computer, you can start printing the necessary documents.
How to protect your Wi-Fi network
I have over 10 years of experience in the IT field. I am engaged in design and adjustment of commissioning works. I also have extensive experience in building networks, system administration and working with access control systems and video surveillance.
I work as a specialist in the Techno-Master company.
My HP 2900 printer is connected to a stationary computer, and the computer is connected to a Wi-Fi router. I’m trying to connect this printer via this Wi-Fi using the described 3rd method, but the laptop does not find any printer, although the stationary computer finds it right away. What is the reason, explain. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I will be grateful and thanks in advance.
Connect your GOPRO to a PC Wirelessly // Great for live streaming!
It did not help, the printer cannot be found using the network.
How to connect a tablet to a computer via WI-FI: two easy ways
MyPhoneExplorer is a multifunctional program for wireless communication between tablet and PC.
In addition to transferring files, it helps to view calls and messages received on the device, has a built-in organizer and allows you to assess the state of memory.
How to download from a GoPro to a PC or Mac using Wi-Fi!
What do we have to do?
- 1. Install the MyPhoneExplorer server application on your Android device.
- 2. Install the MyPhoneExplorer client program on your PC.
- 3. On the tablet, connect to a Wi-Fi network, launch MyPhoneExplorer.
- 4. On the PC, connect to the Wi-Fi network (to which the tablet is connected) and launch MyPhoneExplorer. On the left sidebar, click on the “Files” drop-down list
- 5. Select the type of phone “Smartphone with Google Android”, connection via Wi-Fi, press OK.
This completes the setup. Now, every time you start the program (on a tablet and PC) on your computer, you will need to click on “Files” and you will see a list of files that are in the memory of your Android device.
How to connect a tablet to a computer via WI-FI?
The easiest, safest and most functional way to connect your tablet to your computer is via a USB cable. The only drawback of this method is that the cable is not always “at hand”, so in this article we will look at how to connect the tablet to a computer via WI-FI. However, do not forget that the wireless connection may disappear at the most inopportune moment, and it is beyond the power of an ordinary “user” to predict the mood of the elusive spirit of Wi-Fi.
All about local area networks and network equipment
Method 2: AirDroid
You can also solve the question “how to connect a tablet to a computer via Wi-Fi” using the AirDroid program.
AirDroid is an application with MyPhoneExplorer functionality and beneficial differences (such as working in a browser without installing a program on a PC and flexible control of an Android device). At the end of the configuration, you will have access to the desktop, which you will see in the browser window.
- 1. Install the AirDroid server application on the tablet and launch it.
- 2. Press the “Start” button on a green background (if it is not there, go to step 5).
- 3. In the dialog box, select “Wi-Fi Settings”
- 4. Connect to a Wi-Fi network (to which your PC is connected)
- 5. Go to the website “web.airdroid.com”, or to the address below (for example: 192.168.42.129:8888)
Now in your browser window you can see the desktop, with which you can control the tablet connected to the computer via WI-FI connection.