How to connect Wi-Fi to a phone: connect to a router, configure
Since the topic is rather short, we will not rant once again and tell you what Wi-Fi is on the phone, what it is eaten with, and how to connect Wi-Fi to the phone (or the phone to Wi-Fi). Let’s get down to business right away.
The only thing you need to know about Wi-Fi. It is a wireless Internet network, the speed of which depends on the Internet service provider and signal quality. The range of the Wi-Fi network varies from 2 to several hundred meters, depending on the signal strength.
Both in iOS and in Android, the connection to the network occurs in the same way. Let’s get started:
- Open the menu, look for the “Settings” button.
- We find the term “Wireless networks” or “Wi-Fi”. Poke at her. Wi-Fi enabled.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen.
- Choose a name and enter a password.
- Click “Connect”.
In Android smartphones, the first two items can be excluded. You just need to unlock your smartphone, open the quick menu and hold down the “Settings” button. Well this is for the very lazy.
And further. When a Wi-Fi network is not available on Android smartphones, the mobile Internet is always automatically turned on on them.
How to connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi, see the following video instruction:
Ios does NOT want to connect to the network
The sequence of actions to enable Wi-Fi on iOS is in the following two pictures:
Quite often, iPhone owners complain that they cannot connect to the wireless network. Some even kick themselves in the chest with their heels, proving that this is a “bad network”, the smartphone senses it and does NOT connect. It reads funny, but it looks even funnier. The problem may lie in the Inability to connect correctly, in the smartphone itself and in the router. (No, we are NOT calling iPhone owners foolish).
If you are the owner of “apple phones” and nothing happened after the “connect” button, do not despair. Even if this is where your knowledge in the field of smartphones ends, our article will help you.
- Make sure you are within range of the network.
- Still, check if you really turned on the Wi-Fi module.
- If you do not know how to connect Wi-Fi to your phone at home, then check the router itself first. Are all wires connected? The “Internet” and “Wi-Fi” lamps on the router should be on.
- As the modern saying goes, if something doesn’t work, restart it.
- Reboot the router and router itself.
- Humble yourself.
If all else fails, try the following:
- Try connecting to the network elsewhere. Go to the establishment and ask the employee to help you.
- Try connecting from other devices. If the result does not exceed your expectations, then Contact your Internet provider.
- Try connecting from your iPhone to other networks. If the result is the same, then you have a direct road to the service center. Your Wi-Fi module is not working.
Yes, there is a lot to do. If this list scares you, ask for help from someone who is more or less versed in this.
Connect your Android smartphone to the network
If we say that all iOS are the same. we will NOT be wrong. If we say that all Androids are the same. we will NOT be wrong either. In almost all Android smartphones, the connection to Wi-Fi is done using the same manipulations: Menu-Settings-Wi-Fi. That’s all.
If the smartphone is new, just tap on the Wi-Fi icon from the extended menu, all available networks will appear on the screen. Choose the one you want, enter the password and enjoy.
Let’s describe the connection to a Wi-Fi network using the example of a Samsung phone:
- Go to settings and click the Wi-Fi icon.
- We activate the module and click on the icon to open the list of available networks.
- Choose the connection you want, write the password and voila. Wi-Fi turned on!
Windows Phone OS
If your smartphone runs on this OS, connecting to Wi-Fi is easy too:
- Go to settings.
- Slide your finger to the right to enable the module.
- Choose a network and log in.
If the connection to the router is hidden
How to set up Wi-Fi if the phone does not see the network, or it is hidden? It will be logical that first we need to turn on the Wi-Fi module itself.
The action plan is as follows:
- We break into the “Settings” menu.
- Our further actions depend on your smartphone. If you have an old Android, then go to “Wireless networks” and select “Wi-Fi”.
- If the smartphone model is newer, then the Wi-Fi setting will be in the first lines of the settings.
Now we need to find the Wi-Fi network on our own, since the smartphone does not want to detect it automatically. To do this, click the “Add network” button. In the appeared period, enter the exact name of the network. Exact! Enter your password and you’re done.
Your smartphone should connect to the network. Congratulations, now you know how to set up a hidden network connection!
What to do if DHCP is disabled?
First you need to understand what DHCP is. It is a dynamic host configuration protocol. a network protocol that allows computers to automatically obtain an IP address and other parameters necessary for networking.
In order to connect to a router that has the DHCP function disabled, you need to check the “Additional parameters” line. A window will open in front of you where you can manually enter IP addresses, proxy server and other data to clarify the network.
Second option. enable DHCP on the router. To do this, you need to go to the router settings, which we will write below in the same article.
Connect without passwords
Many of the latest smartphones are equipped with the WPS button connection function. This is the same useless button on the router. To do this, open the Wi-Fi module in your smartphone, click the “Advanced” button and select “WPS connection”. You need to press the WPS button on the router itself. The smartphone will connect to the router without any passwords or data entry. Now you know the easiest way to connect your phone to a router.
If the problem is in the router
If all else fails, and you know for sure that everything is ok with the phone, the problem may be in the router. What are we doing:
- Connect the router to the network, check if everything is connected.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on our phone and look for the name of our router in the list and connect to it.
- The router does not work for us, so using the mobile Internet we open our favorite Google or Yandex and in the search we write 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Now we need a password. If the device has NOT been configured before, then most likely login / password. admin / admin. Sometimes the data for entering the settings is written on the back of the router. If the data has been changed, reset the router settings with the Reset button.
- Now you need to configure the connection and give your network a new name and come up with a password.
If we are talking Not entirely clear, watch the following video, where you can clearly see how to configure the router from the phone:
No professional skills are required in this. If you are too lazy to do all these manipulations yourself, ask any student who will be at hand. He surely knows how to deal with your question.
And you should start to better understand your own smartphone. You bought it Not just to call, right? Otherwise, you would buy a simple phone, not a smartphone.
How to connect a WI-FI camera to a computer, phone, router or video recorder?
Let’s look at the Possible options for connecting a Wi-Fi (wi-fi) CCTV camera.
Wi-Fi camera works as a standalone and independent device.
In this case, the archive can be written to a memory card or Cloud service. The purpose of connecting a video camera. This is the ability to remotely view and archive the recording. So, we have: a home Wi-Fi router with the Internet. We connect the RJ45 network connector of the camera and the computer with a wire (patch cord). Using a browser, go to the web interface of our “video eye”. We are looking for a section dedicated to WI-FI (the menu is different in different manufacturers), we go, now we need to connect our video camera and our Wi-Fi router. In order for the device to automatically connect, We must register this: indicate our Wi-Fi network, indicating the password from WI-FI, indicating the protocol for encryption: WPA2, and do not forget to check the box: connect automatically. Next, reboot the camera and disconnect the cable. Hooray! She is already sitting on the router wirelessly. Then we can use a tablet / phone / PC to connect to our wireless network to watch video and control the device.
Connect to a Wi-Fi DVR.
Video recorders with a built-in Wi-Fi module can most often be found in a ready-made set of wireless video surveillance.
Procedure for connection:
We connect the recorder and the computer with a wire (patch cord). In the registrar settings, we set the network settings: the name of the WI-FI network and set the password for Wi-Fi.
We connect the video camera and PC with a cable (patch cord). Using a browser (sometimes a disc with an application is included in the kit, in this case you can use it) go to the web interface of our camera. We are looking for a section on Wi-Fi (the menu is different for different manufacturers), we go, now we need to connect our camcorder and our Wi-Fi router so that the camera automatically connects, We must register this: indicate our Wi-Fi network, specifying the password, specifying encryption protocol: WPA2, and don’t forget to check the box: connect automatically. Next, restart the “video eye” and disconnect the cable.
We go to our registrar, and to the desired channel. Add the required WI-FI camera, the picture should appear.
Connecting WiFi camera to the DVR (without WiFi) via WiFi router.
With self-selection of wireless camcorders, you can easily assemble such a kit. Let’s say you already have a router. What else do we need to connect? Actually, wireless Wi-Fi cameras and a video recorder. The recorder will be connected to the router with a patch cord (cable). And the cameras will connect to the router (see point 1). Further, in the settings of the video recorder, we put on the desired channel, the required video camera. Please note that not every WI-FI camera will make friends with the registrar in this way. Incompatibility was mainly observed with desktop specimens, with cameras in the form of toys. As a rule, they are designed and work as a full-fledged single product, unfortunately, not very suitable for use in a video surveillance system.
Single, desktop Wi-Fi camera.
As a rule, such products have their own applications for a mobile device and for connecting to a computer. Recording archive in such devices is kept on a flash card. Video cameras can have a very unusual and beautiful design, have bright colors and are more suitable as a toy for adults, and not for a full-fledged video surveillance system.
Author: Dmitry Samokhvalov, technical editor at Rucam-Video.
How to connect your phone to a PC via Wi-Fi
For people who DO NOT tolerate the clutter of the workplace with wires, and therefore strongly prefer a wireless mouse and keyboard, today we will open a way to connect a phone to a computer via Wi-Fi so that you can exchange files between devices.
Transferring files between PC and Android
We will consider this scheme on Android devices. For example, in order to connect a smartphone to a laptop via Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network, for example, to the same router.
Then we recommend using the file manager “ES Explorer”, which has many useful functions, including the ability to connect a smartphone to a computer via Wi-Fi.
This application can be downloaded for free from the Play Market.
How to connect
Next, we will show you how to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi and tell you what steps you need to perform on your smartphone and what on PC.
- Connect to the router to which the computer is connected.
- Run ES Explorer.
- In the main menu of the application, swipe from left to right, so that an additional menu appears.
- Select the “Network” section.
- Now you need to click on “Remote Access”.
- If you went through all the previous steps correctly, a window should appear with the “Enable” button, click on it.
- After that, you will see the address where you can go from the PC to the phone’s file system.
With Android finished, go to the computer.
- Open Explorer or open the desktop shortcut “My Computer”.
- In the window, enter the address in the line (located in the upper part of the window), up to a symbol, the address that is displayed on the phone. Then press the [Enter] button on the keyboard. The folders with the files that are on the phone will be displayed. Among the possibilities will be available: reading, transfer, copying, moving, deleting, renaming files directly from the PC.
With the introduction of Total Commander
If you are used to using Total Commander on your computer as the main file manager, then we will show you how you can log into your smartphone via TC.
The connection on the phone is done in the same way as we described above.
After all settings are made on Android, go to PC.
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press the [Ctrl] [F] buttons to open the settings window for the FTP connection and click “Add”.
- In the column “Connection name” write any name. This will be the name of the device to which the phone is connected to the computer.
- In the next column. “Server”. you need to write the address that gave the phone number (only one digits), for example, 192.168.1.15:3721.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- After the performed actions in the window you will see a line with the address you specified.
- Mark it, left-click on it once.
- Click “connect”.
- A window asking for “Username” appears. Enter any word into it (it does not matter what he enters), Confirm the entry with the “OK” button.
- Next, the device will invite a password. You can just enter “1” (without quotes). Select “OK”.
- After all actions, you will see a list of folders and files from your mobile device. File operations are the same as for USB connection.
How to connect Android to computer via Wi-Fi
I have extensive experience in setting up and connecting access control systems (ACS) and time attendance systems. And also I am engaged in setting up servers, computers, workplaces. I work as an engineer at Technootkrytie.
Failed to connect via total commander
Hello. If you want to connect a smartphone (tablet) to a computer to transfer data via WI-FI, then it is better to do this using the AirDroid application (http://bezprovodoff.com/wi-fi/dopolnitelno/peredacha-fajlov.html). The article describes different methods, but the option with using the AirDroid app will suit you. This program allows you not only to transfer files from a tablet (smartphone) to a PC and vice versa, but also to control your mobile device. send SMS, watch and edit the phone book and much more. At the same time, on the PC, you will see the battery status, the amount of free memory, and so on. It is worth noting that this application works over the Internet. If you only need to transfer files and at the same time there is only a local one (home network without Internet access), then the FTP-server application is better suited for such purposes. This application shares the specified folders on the mobile device and makes them available on the computer.
The microSD card installed in the smartphone is not visible in the explorer on the computer. How to see it and go to it?
Hello. Please clarify your situation. Does the phone itself see the card? As I understand it, you connect the phone to the computer and the Map is not displayed. We tried to connect your microSD card to the computer directly through the card reader?
For the user: simply by implementing MyPhoneExplorer. Without any of this curve of garbage, plus there is still the synchronization of the telbook, organizer and SMS if necessary. All that is written above is called. through the ass, i.e. Together with es.
Connect the WEB camera to your Android phone. Step-by-step instruction. How to connect a WEB-camera to the phone
Connecting an external camera to modern smartphones is often NOT required, since they are all equipped with their own built-in modules. However, this action may become necessary if you want to improve the quality of shooting, create a collective picture or organize remote video surveillance. Let’s consider how to connect a WEB-camera to a phone via a wired or wireless channel.
Wired communication is more reliable and requires minimal knowledge in this area.
Before proceeding with the configuration, you should make sure that the device supports data transfer via the OTG protocol. I entered the manufacturer’s name and phone model in the search engine, you need to look at the technical characteristics of the device, where the presence or absence of the function will be indicated.
If the smartphone supports the OTG protocol (the protocol is also used to connect a flash drive and a computer mouse), to connect a webcam, you must do the following:
- Open the Play Market and install one of the recommended applications: USB Camera. Connect EasyCap or USBWeb. There are other programs of this kind, but almost all of them work according to the same principle. provide interception of an image from a webcam and display it on the phone screen. If these applications DO NOT work properly, you should look for other.
This instruction demonstrates how to connect a WEB camera to a phone via USB, but in the USB Camera application. Connect EasyCap also has a set of additional features. Among them, the transmission of images through the network deserves special attention. To display a picture on a computer, you must:
- Click on the red circle in the lower right part of the application window and select “IP Camera Server”.
- Open a browser on a PC and enter the LAN addresses.
- In the program settings, set the login and password for connection.
- Enter data in the browser. The image will start broadcasting on the computer.
Remote control allows you to activate the “Motion Detection” function, which starts video recording when moving objects are detected in front of the lens.
Connecting an IP Camera
Wireless connection has a number of advantages: no need to support the OTG protocol on the phone, monitoring what is happening can be carried out from a distance, both over the local network and over the Internet.
Most modern IP cameras use Wi-Fi data transmission, and only a few. via Bluetooth-channel. Let’s consider how to connect a WEB-camera to a phone using a Wi-Fi network.
To complete the connection, you must:
- Download and install the “tinyCam Monitor FREE” application.
- Open Wi-Fi settings in your phone and connect to the camera’s hotspot.
Run the program and go to the main settings.
In the window that opens, specify the Web port number, login and password for connection. If the data is correct, the status “OK” will be displayed.
The functionality of the application is very wide: there is the possibility of activating a motion detector, triggering an alarm by sound, automatic recording, etc. It also supports adding multiple devices and transferring data over the Internet to access the camera outside the home.
Wi-Fi connection on phones and smartphones. How to connect Wi-Fi on an Iphone
IMPORTANT! Before setting up your phone, first check if you are within range of a particular wireless Wi-Fi connection. You can use home Wi-Fi, or you can connect the Iphone to free networks, for example, in cafes or shopping centers.
- Go to the home screen and go to the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the term “Wi-Fi” and turn on the option.
- Then it will automatically search for available Wi-Fi.
- Choose a name and connect.
This method is suitable for connecting to unsecured routers, for example, in public places.
If you are connecting to secure Wi-Fi, the sequence will be slightly different:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the term “Wi-Fi” and turn on the option.
- After automatic search for Wi-Fi, select the desired access point.
- Enter the password and click “Connect”.
If you cannot connect your phone to Wi-Fi in this way, then you are entering the wrong password. To find out the correct one, Contact your Wi-Fi administrator.
DO NOT FORGET! To connect your phone to secure Wi-Fi, you need to know the password, a “lock” icon is displayed next to such connections.
There are also situations when you need to connect your phone to a hidden access point that is NOT displayed in the general list. To connect a smartphone, you need to know the exact name of the Wi-Fi:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the term “Wi-Fi” and turn on the option.
- Press “Other” and enter the exact name.
- Click “Security”.
- After that, you need to select the type of protection, as shown in the illustration below.
- We return to the “Other network” item and enter the password.
- Click “Connect”.
Most common problems when trying to connect an IOS phone to Wi-Fi
It often happens that they seem to have done the right thing and followed the instructions, but nevertheless it is impossible to connect the phone with the IOS operating system to Wi-Fi. DO NOT despair and think that the saying “Technique in the hands of a monkey is a piece of iron” about you. Most likely, it’s not a technical glitch.
If you can’t connect your phone to Wi-Fi, do the following:
- Check the router connection. And also make sure you are in range.
- Check that your smartphone has Wi-Fi enabled. Go to “Settings”, then to “Wi-Fi”. If there is a blue check mark next to the desired name, it means that the connection in the phone is complete and problems are observed in the router.
- If you want to connect your phone to Wi-Fi at home, then check if the cables are connected correctly and if the router is configured correctly.
- Reboot your IOS phone and reconfigure it.
- Reboot the router and reconfigure it too.
If all else fails, try the following:
- If you are trying to connect your smartphone in a public place, contact an employee of the establishment and ask him to set up Wi-Fi.
- Check the connection on second devices, for example, a laptop, or ask others if the Internet works in them. If the second devices also have connections, then there is a problem with the Internet provider. Contact your internet provider.
- Try connecting to a different location or to a second Wi-Fi. If attempts are unsuccessful, elect to a service center to check your Iphone.
- Update the firmware version of the router and check that your smartphone is in the list of supported devices.
How to connect Android to Wi-Fi
Many people think that setting up an Iphone is really NOT an easy task. Few would argue with this statement. But about Android, many believe that these are easy-to-use smartphones, which even a child can figure out. However, in fact, when trying to configure Wi-Fi, there may be some difficulties here.
In general, the popularity of Android is growing every day. Probably, there is no longer a person who would not have a smartphone or tablet with the Android operating system in the arsenal of home appliances. Even the smallest children today actively use these gadgets instead of the usual toys, dolls, cars, etc. But at the same time, few people know how to properly configure Wi-Fi.
It is worth connecting a smartphone once and in the future the smartphone will independently connect to Wi-Fi. But it is not uncommon to observe situations when you need to configure Android manually.
For a visual illustration, we will use the LG G4 smartphone with the Android 5.1 operating system. However, the model doesn’t matter, Android smartphones are almost the same.
Before you start configuring Android, you need to install Wi-Fi, turned on the adapter. The adapter is turned on in two ways:
- Through the toolbar.
- Through device parameters.
The first method is very convenient: swipe your finger across the screen (from top to bottom) and see the toolbar, as in the figure:
We are looking for a Wi-Fi button with a corresponding icon. Click on it and thus activate the Wi-Fi model.
After that, the system starts searching for available wireless networks and the following list appears on the screen:
Select the one you need and connect. If it is password protected, enter a combination of characters and click “Connect”. The whole process is automated and does NOT take much time.
Another question is if the connection is hidden in the router parameters or the DHCP function is disabled. Then you need to configure Android manually.
How to manually configure Wi-Fi on Android if the router connection is hidden
As with the first method, first we need to enable the adapter. But the methods listed above do not suit us for this. Changing the strategy: first go to “Settings”. And then we act depending on the version of the phone. We find the item “Wi-Fi” and open its menu. We turn on the adapter. If you have an earlier model, then find the item “Wireless & networks” and select “Wi-Fi Settings”. We translate the adapter into the on position.
Next, we proceed to the manual search for available connections: you will be presented with a list of access points that were found automatically. If you are connecting to a hidden network, click “Add Wi-Fi”:
Enter the exact name of the hidden access point (SSID) and go to security, as in the illustration below:
After that, saving the changes.
IMPORTANT! The entered name must match the name specified in the router.
How to manually set up Wi-Fi on Android. If DHCP function is disabled
In order to add a new connection to a router with the DHCP function disabled, put a tick in the “Connect additional parameters” line. Next, you will be able to independently enter the IP address, proxy server and other information. To enter an IP address and other information, select Static for IP Settings. We fill in the lines that appear with data in the router and start “Save” or “Ok”.
As you can see, special professional knowledge and skills are NOT required, the process is simple and straightforward. If you follow the instructions provided and do everything correctly, you will be able to set up your Android or Iphone in a matter of minutes. We hope this article helped you.
Connecting an action camera via Wi-Fi. to a computer or phone
With a quality SJCAM action camera, you can shoot in difficult and unusual conditions. However, to get the best experience, you need to take care of the health of the device, use the latest version of applications, and correctly set the settings. It is important to know how to connect an action camera to your phone via WI-FI. The article will tell you about the features of THESE devices in more detail.
Recommended memory cards for SJCAM
The more information can be stored on a medium, the greater the degree of autonomy will be in the cameras. It is advisable to use a card with the maximum capacity for storing information. If you use a grade 10 card, you can count not only on the maximum shooting time, but also on high quality video material.
Updating the software on the camera
It is essential that the latest software update is installed for good and reliable performance. The easiest and most reliable way to do this. use the manufacturer’s proprietary software. The update procedure will be described below:
- You need to download the latest update from the manufacturer’s website to your home computer.
- For installation, a class 10 microSD card is used. You need to format it using FAT 32.
- A file with the bin extension is copied to the root directory. Its name cannot be changed.
- The device needs to be charged to 75% or more, then insert a MicroSD card.
- The update will be carried out automatically.
- After its completion, the file must be removed from the card.
Checking the camera for originality
To purchase the original version of the SJCAM action camera, you need to know five basic rules:
- Those who counterfeit these devices DO NOT put the company logo on their product.
- There are silver screws on the waterproof box, in fakes they are black.
- Different user interface used.
- Fake copies sometimes have spelling errors in the inscriptions.
- If you make a flashing on the camera with the latest version, then as a result, only the original production camera will remain working.
Important! Focusing on the signs given here, you can NOT make a mistake when choosing and purchase an original high-quality and reliable model.
Connecting to the phone via WI-FI
One of the most popular models. SJCAM SJ4000 WI-FI, how to connect it to the phone, will be described further.
This can be done using a special application that works with this brand. In order to find it, you need to do the following:
- You need to read the QR code, which is on the packaging box. To do this, you need to download an application on the Play market that can recognize it. As a result, you will be able to get a link to download the program that will connect to the wireless connection. This can be done for android or iPhone.
- You need to read data and get a link to download the application to work with the device.
- To connect, you need to turn on the camera, then press the WI-FI start button (it is usually located on the side and contains an image of an up arrow). If such a button is not provided, then this option can be found in the menu.
- In the smartphone, you need to go to the network settings, then to WI-FI. After opening the list of available wireless networks, you can see the one called as the camera.
- Next, you need to connect. The default password is usually “12345678”. If it is different, this should be stated in the instruction manual.
After connecting the wireless connection, the application is launched, which receives video from the camcorder.
Reasons for poor connection of the app to the camera
The wireless network is created using a signal from an action camera, which is not always strong enough to provide a quality connection.
In addition, it should be borne in mind that an overloaded channel in the used frequency range can be selected in the network. In this case, communication cannot be carried out Until a more suitable option is selected.
To connect a device, you must:
- Make sure the action camera is original and not fake.
- It is advisable to use the best. the latest version of the program.
- It is possible that the application is automatically updated at this time. The temporary inability to connect may be related to this. In this case, you need to wait until the end of the process. After that, the quality of the connection should be restored.
You can try disabling and re-enabling wireless. How to connect to an action camera via WI-FI, it was described above.
Causes of image flickering
The image quality depends on which card is used for recording. If it has insufficient volume, it leads to a decrease in video quality. To avoid such a situation, you need to use a class 10 card and the maximum available volume.
If the action camera is fixed on a shaking surface, it will give an unstable image. If you choose a more secure mounting location, the video shaking should stop.
Why the camera creates a lot of files
The number of video files depends on the shooting options that have been selected. In time-lapse photography, you can see that the camera has added a large number of small files. If you change this parameter, the video will be recorded in one file.
Can SJCAM be used as webcams
The manufacturer has provided that some models can be used in this capacity if connected to a computer. This applies to M10Wi-Fi, SJ5000WI-FI, M10WI-FI, M10 and some others. In order to use them as a webcam, you need to connect to a computer using a USB cable. To get an image on the PC screen, you need to download the corresponding application from the manufacturer.
Important! Such a malfunction can occur for various reasons. They can be related to camera quality or firmware version. In some cases, the prerequisite is a device malfunction.
In order to fix the problem, you must:
- Reformat the microSD card and make sure it works well. Low-grade and low-quality media will prevent the camera from recording video normally.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to update the device firmware. To do this, go to the manufacturer’s website, download the latest version and update.
After these steps were taken, the device should have been restored. However, in some cases this may NOT happen. In such situations, you need to contact technical support on the website or hand over the device to the service department for repair.
Action cameras allow you to shoot in conditions where it is impossible to do it the second way. They can not only make great shots, but are also protected from damage and various accidents. In order to use the cameras most efficiently, you need to know their features and work with them in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to connect a phone to a router via WI-FI?
Mobile internet, of course. quite a useful technology that allows you to connect to the worldwide network almost anywhere in the world. But for home use, 4G communication standard is far from always convenient and profitable, especially if the subscriber has a high-quality modern router installed.
And in this article we will analyze how to connect a phone to a router, and how home WI-FI Internet is more profitable than a “classic” mobile connection.
At the same time, we will immediately “get rid” of several common misconceptions:
- – firstly, almost any modern phone can be connected to the WI-FI network: the success of this operation in no way Does not depend from the manufacturer of the gadget (whether it is Samsung, Nokia, fly, LG or a simple pusher) or its appearance (a “classic” push-button phone or a modern sensor)
- – secondly, the connection of “mobile” Wi-Fi Also does not depend on the Internet provider: if a WI-FI access point exists, then you can connect to it. And who provides this resource: Rostelecom, mts, byfly or a millionaire neighbor. doesn’t matter.
- – and finally, the operating system installed on cell phones (Android, Windows Phone or iOS) only affects the way the LAN connection is configured.
So which phone can be connected to the router via WI-FI?
Correct answer: a phone, the hardware of which includes a special WI-FI module.
The presence of such is indicated by the inscription Wi-Fi on the packaging of the device or the corresponding mention in the user manual.
Why WI-FI Internet on your phone is better than 4G connection?
- – Benefit: why pay extra for mobile traffic when there is a “free” home Internet?
- – “Unlimited”: with a WI-FI connection to the Internet, you do not have to “count” the spent megabytes.
- – “Independence” from mobile operators: in the absence of a mobile signal, you can safely use the Internet (on some devices, even with no SIM card).
- – Battery saving: Wi-Fi application is less power-consuming than working on LTE or 3G networks, therefore, when working on Wi-Fi, the battery drains more slowly.
Let’s take a closer look at how to connect the Internet on your phone through a router on the main mobile OS.
How to connect WI-FI on Android phone?
Connecting Android devices is almost the same for all models of cell phones and smartphones: the differences are NOT significant.
To connect WI-FI, you first need to unlock the device and go to the main menu.
Next, in the list of icons, look for “Settings” (the icon usually looks like a gear, or a panel with horizontal sliders) and go to the OS settings.
In this window, the main settings menu will appear in front of you: here (usually the first item) Wi-Fi settings are located. go to the Wi-Fi submenu.
(For “older” versions of Android, you first need to go to “Wireless networks” and select “Wi Fi Settings” there)
In the settings window:
- – if the Wi-Fi adapter is on. networks available for connection will be displayed;
- – if the Wi-Fi module is off, the system will prompt you to turn on Wi-Fi and view available network connections. You can connect the adapter with a slider (usually, in the upper right corner, see the picture).
Select the network you need from the list, and in the dialog box that appears, write the password to access this network.
If you entered the password incorrectly and the connection to the wireless network did not happen. click on this network again and in the dialog box that appears, specify “Forget”, after which you should enter the required Authentication data again.
How to connect an iOS phone to a WI-FI modem?
To set up a connection to a WI-FI access point on iOS, you first need to go to the main menu and select the “Settings” subsection there.
Then select “General”. “Network”. “Wi Fi”.
Set the touch slider to “ON” to search for available WI-FI access points.
Select your home network from the list of networks and enter Authentication data.
If everything is specified correctly, in the future your phone will automatically connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
How can I connect WI-FI on my Windows Phone.
Connecting such phones is almost identical to setting up Wi-Fi on Android devices.
The only difference is here. visual design of the menu interface.
Find in the menu “Settings”, then go to the submenu “Wi-Fi” and select here the network you are interested in.
Enter the password to connect to Wi Fi if required. the phone is ready for use on the home network.
How to connect your phone to a public Wi-Fi network
In order for the phone at home to be able to connect to a wireless network, you need a router. It can be a laptop or a computer with a WI-FI adapter. The main advice: do not be lazy to put a high-quality password on the network and connect the WPA2 security type. You should NOT strive to be a good neighbor, this is fraught with many problems from running out of traffic to problems with the law if a dishonest person connects to your network.
It is enough to set up the connection once, in the future the phone will automatically find the home network.
Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi: reasons and solutions. 1. Wi-Fi is connected, but says “no Internet access”
There are several reasons. First: the router is really NOT connected to the network at the moment or is working with errors. It needs to be rebooted. You can ask the staff about this if it comes to a restaurant or cafe. Or, do it yourself: we recommend disconnecting the power cord for 2-3 minutes, while checking whether the Internet and ethernet cables fit tightly into their cells.
Second: you are too far from the router, and it simply “does not reach” your device. Try to move. If this happens at home, move the router somewhere else. Signal transmission may be obstructed.
Third, you haven’t finished connecting to the network. In many public networks, a mandatory requirement is user authentication on a special page that comes out after you click on the “connect” button. You may have prevented the page from opening. In this case, find the network in the list of available ones, click on it and select “Delete”. Reconnect and wait until the start page opens, where you will need to enter your phone number and password, which will come to it. If the page does not open automatically, go to your default browser and try to open any page. A window for authorization should appear.
Fourth: The date and time are set incorrectly in the phone. Check settings, enter correct data.
Fifth: There are problems with the IP address. Go to the list of networks and click on the one you need with a long press. Select “Change Network”, then “Advanced Settings.” Here in IP Settings, set to “custom” and enter 192.168.1.X (where X1) (Make sure this information is correct by looking at the label on your router. His IP-address will be indicated there. Phone number will be the same numbers, except for the last one. Choose it according to your taste.)
Sixth: It is possible that you do not look at the free network, the Internet is distributed only to the IP / MAC address of devices specified by the administrator, i.e. You will NOT be able to connect without meeting the administrator.
Seventh: Perhaps the connection is being blocked by a “security program”: a firewall or antivirus. Try turning them off.
The phone is not connecting to Wi-Fi and the computer is connected
This suggests that the problem is not with the router or provider, but with the device itself. Although, the communication channel may be clogged and the router simply does not support a large number of devices. Try turning off the Internet on your computer or laptop and only connect from your phone.
The easiest solution is to restart your phone. If it doesn’t help. Delete the network. To do this, go to the list of available WI-FI, by long pressing the screen next to the name of your network, call the drop-down list and press the button “delete this network” (option: “forget the network”). Together with it, all settings will be deleted: remembered IP addresses, DNS and other parameters. Then find the network you need again and connect to it by entering the password.
If this does not help, find in the “Settings” of your phone the item “Reset mobile Internet settings, WI-FI, Bluetooth.” It may be located in the “System” section or in the “additional functions.” Reset the settings, restart the phone and try again connection attempt.
All in vain? Download an anti-virus application to your phone and test it. Malware can intentionally block Internet access or disrupt access due to certain settings.
Writes “saved”, but there is a connection, authentication error
If you are trying to connect to a public network in a restaurant or airport, for example, then the explanation can be very simple and offensive for you: the limit on connections to the router has simply been exhausted, it cannot cope with the number of devices that attacked it, eager to get into the network. This often happens in crowded places: at holidays, concerts. Any channel has a limit, and feeding the phones of thousands of voracious users can be difficult. Or an old router is installed and the phone simply does not support its settings. It is difficult to solve the problem in this case, it remains to wait or look for another network.
Also, a public network can be protected by a password and you DO NOT know it or enter it incorrectly. Try to talk to local employees, maybe they will reveal a secret for you, even if it is NOT a public network for all customers.
If we are talking about a home network, this error may indicate a freeze of the router. In this case, it can be reanimated by simply holding down the reset button or disconnecting it from the power for a couple of minutes.
If the error persists, go to the settings of the router through your computer (by entering the IP address of the device in the address bar of the browser), check that the encryption type is WPA-2, the DHCP server is enabled. And yes, make sure the password is entered correctly. On the router and on the phone. Even if it seems to you that you remember it by heart and there can be no problems with that. Sometimes, during the dialing process, an error may occur and you will not even know in which character: just change the password and again Try to log into the network.
Also check the date, time and region settings on your phone and router. Their mismatch can lead to devices blocking each other.