Recovering data on a new iPhone and connecting Apple Watch
We have a local copy, now we need to connect the new iPhone to the Mac to transfer the information. After connecting the gadget to iTunes, you will be prompted to restore it from the latest backup, which we do.
When the process is complete, Apple Watch can be connected. Instructions:
In this step, select the “Restore from backup” section. We indicate the most current version of the copy and wait for the process to complete.
Now the Smartwatch is linked to the new iPhone, all information has been restored.
Preparing Apple Watch to connect to a new iPhone
In iOS, to connect Apple Watch to a new gadget, you need to save all your personal data using a simple and functional backup system in iTunes. First, we break the pair between the old iPhone and the smartwatch.
In the course of this process, the information from the Apple Watch will be backed up to the device’s memory. To do this, follow the steps:
These actions are performed quickly, it will take less than a minute. After breaking the pair, the clock is cleared of all content. a full reset is performed. All content from Apple Watch will be preserved on iPhone.
Saving an iPhone backup
If you choose to back up information to iCloud, then there are no nuances here:
How to unpair an Apple Watch and pair a new Apple Watch with your iPhone
You can also create a local backup copy of your data on a Mac, because you can recover from it many times faster than using a cloud server. Instructions:
There is a rather important nuance here. The backup copy must be encrypted.
You can use any password, but you need to add encryption, since the data will not be saved in the copy from the Apple Watch. all information from the Activity and Health applications will disappear.
If you don’t have an old iPhone, or all data has been erased from it
In this situation, the Smart watch can still be paired with the old device. To break a couple, we perform the following actions:
How to connect Apple Watch to a new iPhone. transfer settings
Now we will figure out how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone for the first time or if you have changed iPhone to another. We will analyze all the nuances and connection options.
This article is suitable for all iPhone 12/11 / XS (r) / X / 8/7 and Plus models on iOS 14. Older versions may have different or missing menu items and hardware support specified in the article.
IPhone doesn’t prompt to use Apple Watch during setup
If you encounter this problem, then unpair the pair between your old iPhone and your smartwatch. Then you need to pair with the new iPhone. When a prompt is displayed, you should restore your Smartwatch from a backup. Check that your gadgets are up to date, otherwise the backup may not appear in the list of available ones.
Back up your old iPhone
Use these steps to get your old iPhone back to iCloud or iTunes. Your iPhone also backs up your Apple Watch. Find out what is copied.
If you have an old iPhone and won’t erase it
Disconnect your Apple Watch from your old iPhone. Then choose one of these options depending on when you created your new iPhone:
- If you just restored your new iPhone from the latest backup, a couple of devices. Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch is up to date, otherwise you may not see your backup listed. When you asked, restore from the watch backup. Your activity, workouts, or content, settings may be lost depending on how the old backup.
- If your iPhone has been backing up several days or weeks old and you want to keep as much content as possible, erase your new iPhone. Then transfer content from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. You may lose some of the content on your new iPhone. Remember to sync your Apple Watch and back to iPhone.
Here’s what you need to switch
If you don’t have an old iPhone in your hands, you need to use different steps. Please select an option below.
Pairing Apple Watch with a New iPhone (How To). Netcruzer TECH
If your iPhone doesn’t ask if you want to use your Apple Watch during setup
Disconnect the Apple Watch from your old iPhone and then sync it with your new iPhone. When asked, restore Apple Watch from a backup. Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch is up to date, otherwise you may not see your backup listed.
How to connect Apple Watch to a new iPhone
When you’re ready to get your new iPhone, you can transfer your Apple Watch from your old iPhone to your new one.
Refresh your old iPhone
Before you turn on your Apple Watch on your new iPhone, update your old iPhone and update your Apple Watch. It can take from a few minutes to an hour for the update to complete. You might want to update overnight or wait until you have time and make sure both devices are charging.
Can I help you
Follow the steps below for your question.
If you forgot your iPhone at home, your watch will become useless?
No. Even if the Apple Watch does not have access to data, there are still enough features that you can take advantage of:
- Time view.
- Setting alarms and timers.
- Tracking physical activity. heart rate, pedometer (although the route cannot be tracked. there is no GPS receiver).
- Viewing photos and playlists.
- Apple Pay.
- Various third party applications.
Pairing takes place in several stages:
- As in the first case, you need to click on the application icon.
- Click the “start pairing” button.
- A manual setting option will be offered at the bottom of the display. Select it and press the “i” button.
- After the iPhone “sees” the watch, repeat the steps from the fourth step of the previous setup.
- When pairing, both devices should be close to each other.
Is it possible to connect Apple Watch and another Bluetooth device to iPhone at the same time?
Apple still hasn’t provided any official information about the simultaneous operation of the iPhone with the Apple Watch and other Bluetooth devices (such as headphones). But most likely it will be possible.
How to Connect Apple Watch to New iPhone. Transferring Settings
How to sync iPhone to watch automatically
After the work done in the first and second paragraphs, it follows:
- Place the smartphone over the animation that appears on the watch screen.
- Turn on the video camera and fix the dial exactly in the center.
- Wait for the notification that the pair has been created.
Setup Apple Watch on Your New iPhone!
If pairing is not possible in this way (it is impossible to open the camera), a pair is created manually.
Pairing and breaking a pair
When the watch is connected to the iPhone, the user will be presented with two options:
- set up Apple Watch like new;
- restore a backup from a backup.
Having chosen the appropriate option, the following follows:
- Choose which wrist the accessory will be worn on.
- Agree to the iTunes Terms of Service.
- Specify your own Apple ID.
- Confirm actions on three pages with information about services, Siri voice assistant and diagnostics.
- Set password. Confirm it simultaneously on mobile and watch.
- Choose a method of downloading and installing programs.
- Wait until sync is complete.
Until the end of pairing, you need to keep the devices close to each other. The completion of pairing is indicated by the characteristic sound notification and vibration of the watch. After the indicated signals, press the Digital Crown.
If you’re not asked for an Apple ID, you can sign in later in the Apple Watch app:
- Open the app.
- Select “Basic”.
- Tap on Apple ID.
- Sign in.
The step with setting the password can be skipped without any problems. However, it is better to consider a combination so that you can later use the Apple Pay, Digital Touch and Handoff options.
When you disconnect from Apple Watch, your watch returns to factory settings. To break a pair, you need to place your phone and Apple Watch close to each other:
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Go to the tab called “My Watch”. Select a suitable device in the upper corner of the display.
- Click on the icon with the letter “i” (information).
- Select the “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
- Press again to confirm the decision. You can only confirm with a password.
IPhone creates a watch backup before stopping pairing, which you can use to restore data later.
# 2. how to erase all data in Apple Watch using iPhone:
This procedure is standard and is provided by the developer in case the user, for example, has forgotten the password to unlock his Apple Watch.
then just click “Erase content and settings of Apple Watch
“And then confirm the action with one more tap.
My bad first setup experience
Setting up the Apple Watch for the first time wasn’t quite as quick as I expected it to be. The process itself is very easy, but the speed of rebooting, charging and syncing takes some time. Therefore, having bought a new watch, do not think that you will set it up in 5 minutes in the nearest cafe over a cup of coffee and go with it for a walk around the city. Anyway, I didn’t succeed.
I bought an Apple Watch at the airport when it was more than two hours before boarding. And all this time I spent charging, setting up and updating watchOS.
The stumbling block was the charging itself. The clock was discharged into the trash and did not even want to turn on. I partially charged them from the “power bank”. Doing it on the go is a challenge. Magnetic charging does not hold up well and constantly falls off the watch.
After charging the watch to about 20 percent, I began the process of setting up a pair of Apple Watch with an iPhone, but at the end of the synchronization of applications, the watch was again discharged and the whole process had to start from the very beginning. Including charging itself.
The second time everything worked out, but the update to the latest watchOS version took some more time. As a result, almost 2 hours later, I received a ready-to-use Apple Watch with almost empty batteries, so I again spent the next 2 hours of flight on their full charge.
But in reality, things are not so bad. You can connect Apple Watch to iPhone much faster if you don’t make my mistakes. It took me 15 minutes to re-pair the Apple Watch with the iPhone. But by this time, you need to add charging, time to install applications and watchOS updates. Anyway, I recommend brewing coffee. Drove!
Unpairing Apple Watch
Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
Tap My Watch, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
Tap the button next to the Apple Watch you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
How to switch Apple Watch to a new iPhone
Depending on which method you use to set up your new iPhone, you will follow slightly different steps when setting up your Apple Watch.
It seems that a lot of letters, many points are written above, but all this is only so that you do not worry once again and do not ignore the encryption of the backup, which is quite easy to do, as practice has shown.
In fact, the process is very simple and it is enough to do it only once, in order to then perform the actions automatically:
- unpaired Apple Watch;
- made an encrypted backup of data from a smartphone to iTunes;
- connected a new iPhone and restored a backup to it;
- connected an Apple Smart Watch to the new iPhone, choosing to restore data from a backup in the process;
- received all my data, applications, contacts, notes, messages, application settings (including third-party ones), photos and even “saves” from games.
Everything about everything takes 5-10 minutes of personal time, and the rest of the recovery process lasts without your participation, that is, you can go about your business. As a result, you get all your personal workspace on the new iPhone, so to speak. Actually, for me, the iPhone is a working tool that is used every day and should always be ready for work. And this is one of the reasons why the iPhone has remained my main smartphone for eight years.
Yes, I’m just horrified by the idea of how, with each change of Android smartphone, I was tinkering with the transfer and recovery of personal data in third-party applications and not only. The only thing that Google normally syncs from device to device is contacts and things tied to Gmail services (calendar, mail). All the rest is darkness and horror. As such, the company does not have a unified and effective system for backing up and restoring data. Yes, what is there to talk about if she can’t figure out even with her Nexus devices?
At the same time, in the iPhone, I have photos from even 2010, taken on the iPhone 4 and wandering from phone to phone since then, replenishing with new ones along the way. Before that, I saved the photos locally, as I dabbled in jailbreak and when updating the firmware or gadget I set up the phone from scratch, and did not restore from backups. But how I stopped this funny business, I constantly used data backup, and since then a whole family history has gathered in the iPhone photo album.
- Share this
- Apple Watch,
- From the editorial board
How to properly connect Apple Watch to iPhone
Smart watch is a multifunctional gadget from Apple. To take advantage of the device’s capabilities, you need to know how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone.
I can’t pair my Apple Watch with my new iPhone!
You may still need to turn off Activation Lock on your old iPhone. Check if your old device is connected; in the worst case, try resetting the Apple Watch from the watch itself.
How to use Activation Lock on Apple Watch
How to Transfer Apple Watch to a New iPhone |
If you’re lucky enough to own a new iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, or iPhone 11, you might be wondering what to do with your current Apple Watch. Here’s How to Transfer Your Current Wearable to Your New iPhone!
Wondering how you can pair your new watch with your existing iPhone? Here’s how to set it up.
Break a pair and create it from the beginning
In the absence of contact between the devices, the pair is broken and re-created.
- On the watch, they select the “Settings” section, go to “Basic”, press “Reset”, select the “Erase content and settings” button.
- The Watch program is launched on the phone. Select the section “My watch”. A clock icon appears at the top of the screen on the left. Next to it is the “i” button, which you need to press.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Unpair Apple Watch” box. Click on it again to confirm the action.
- Pair iWatch and iPhone.
- At the end of the procedure, the gadgets restart.