What gives the connection of the phone to the TV “Samsung“?
Synchronizing devices provides users with many benefits:
- the smartphone can be used as a full-fledged TV remote control;
- the implementation of the transfer of video content and photos for playback on the big screen of media equipment;
- connecting a joystick or keyboard along with a smartphone turns the TV into a large gaming console;
- the ability to conduct a full presentation;
- convenient search for sites on the network via a mobile device, information is viewed on a larger display.
Special accessory is a hybrid docking station that allows you to turn your phone into a desktop computer.
- Using an HDMI cable, the station is connected to “Samsung TV”, indicating as a broadcast source.
- The smartphone is connected to the stand via the USB connector and the “Duplication” mode is selected.
Ways to Connect Mobile Phone to Samsung TV
Wi-fi network significantly expands the functionality of media technology, especially TVs. Connecting a mobile phone allows you to share content and play information on a large screen.
The choice of synchronization method depends on the model and capabilities of the devices. Let’s consider the disadvantages and advantages of each option using the example of the TV “Samsung”.
- Can I connect my phone to a Samsung TV?
- What gives the connection of the phone to the TV “Samsung”?
- Is there a difference in connection
- “Android” devices and Apple?
- Regular TV “Samsung” and TV “Samsung Smart-TV”?
- Step-by-step instructions on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV
- No wires
- Screen Mirroring technology
- Stream YouTube
- Wired connection
- Chromecast box
- Dex station
- Possible connection difficulties
For this type of connection, it is enough to have a TV with support for wi-fi, which, when connected to the network, can be turned into a monitor for a mobile device.
Can I connect my phone to a Samsung TV?
You cannot synchronize devices directly through standard programs installed on smartphones. In some cases, you cannot do without an additional adapter:
- lack of necessary ports;
- old phone model (up to 2015);
- lack of “Smart-TV” function.
Used to view a wide range of video content. Provides the presence of the YouTube service on both devices.
- After launching the application on your smartphone, you need to go to the settings menu and activate the Watch on TV function.
- The service is turned on on the TV and the manual connection mode is selected in the settings.
- A code will appear on the screen, which must be entered into the corresponding window of the smartphone, add “Samsung TV” to the list of devices and give permission to broadcast.
The method is suitable for owners of LG mobile phones of the G2 and Nexus 4 line. Media devices are synchronized via the adapter using the cable that comes with the kit.
Used for Samsung TV with HDMI, DVI or VGA ports.
YouTube allows you to duplicate the playback of videos on the TV screen. For this:
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone. Click on your account icon and go to “Settings”. Click View on TV.
- Connect both gadgets to the same Wi-Fi network. If the mobile does not see Smart-TV, do manual pairing by clicking “Connect manually”.
- On TV in a similar application, ask for the code. Enter this code on your smartphone and click “OK”. Two devices will make a stable connection.
If both devices are ready to connect, a corresponding icon will appear in the application.
Create a wired connection to duplicate your smartphone screen with minimal lag on your Samsung TV.
If you sync your Samsung phone and display, you can:
- Play mobile games that will be displayed in full screen. By pairing a mouse, keyboard or gamepad via Bluetooth, you can build a semblance of a console for Lite-versions of games.
- Watch movies, videos, photos and other sources of information running on your phone.
- Search for information on the Internet through the phone, looking at the display of a larger diagonal.
- Control content on TV via smartphone.
Let’s take a look at all the possible wireless pairings. There are many ways to connect Samsung Smart-TV with iOS and Android phones.
There is a special accessory that allows you to connect Samsung Galaxy phones (j5, j7, a7 or other line) with any TV. The accessory is called: “Dex-station”. Works in two variations:
- The smartphone duplicates the image on the screen with a large diagonal.
- The smartphone is used as a mini PC, and the “Dex” shell appears on the screen.
This accessory connects to any TV via HDMI cable. It is a hybrid phone docking station combined with TV-Box functions for large displays.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect the station to the TV.
- Place the phone on the stand by connecting it to the MicroUSB port.
- On TV, select this station as the source.
- On an Android device, specify the type of displayed information. “Duplication”.
Technology for mirroring the screen of a Samsung master to a slave. This option is available on many smartphones. For example: Galaxy S8, A5, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc. TV series: F, J, K, M. support this option. To connect:
- Turn on Smart TV.
- Press the “Sources” button on the remote control and select “Screen Mirroring”.
- Do the same on your smartphone. Unfold the notification shade completely and activate the option.
- Select your TV in the found devices.
In later firmware versions, the desired function may be called: “Smart View”. If the device does not detect additional devices, check that:
- TV was connected to Wi-Fi, internet and was in pairing mode.
- The mobile was in the same WI-FI network.
- The router worked fine and the devices were in good coverage.
While the previous options are based on Wi-Fi Direct (pairing two devices using one router), Miracast allows you to pair two devices directly, regardless of the network from which they receive Internet.
The only condition is that both gadgets must support Miracast technology. To sync:
- Activate Mirakast on your TV device.
- In the gadget on Android, lower the curtain, enable the corresponding option.
- In the new screen, click “Start”.
- After detecting the gadget and pairing with it, a stable connection will be established.
Connect Your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone To Your Samsung TV
There will be a delay. it is especially noticeable during dynamic scenes of a movie or game. It is difficult to achieve perfect synchronization wirelessly, especially in high definition. If you need a stable, high-quality picture without gaps, connect the TV to your Android device via a cable.
How to Connect Samsung Phone to Samsung TV: 5 Actionable Ways from Hamster
You can display information on a Samsung TV from a variety of sources. The smartphone was no exception. The article discusses the issue of connecting a phone to a Samsung TV.
Smart View App
To connect to the TV from any Android and iOS device, the developers provided the above option for other models as an application. Consider a more detailed instruction on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV:
- TV and mobile must be on the same Wi-Fi.
- Download the Smart View application from the Play Market or AppStore and launch it on your phone.
- Nearby TVs will appear in the software menu. Select your device and click “Connect”.
It is noteworthy that the option works adequately with iPhone 7, 8 and older versions.
In addition to the screen mirroring function, you can:
- Control Smart-TV with a smartphone instead of a remote control.
- Use touch dialer as an analogue of a gamepad.
- Turn off TV or put it on standby (sleep).
Modern models of mobile phones with Android operating system support Miracast technology. This wireless standard is released by Intel.
It should be borne in mind that when working in this way, certain delays may occur. This applies only to those cases when the image is broadcast from the smartphone directly to the TV screen.
To connect the phone to the TV in this way, you will need to open the settings of both the TV and the smartphone. Activate Miracast function on both devices.
Using a router
This is an easy way that many users turn to. To use the router as a connecting device, you will need to carry out the following procedures:
- you need to open the menu of your Samsung TV;
- then you need to click on the “Network” item and go to an additional subsection;
- select “Wireless network”.
You should select the desired network, depending on its name. By clicking on the correct item, you will need to enter a security password (the security code of your Wi-Fi network). After that, it will turn out to connect the mobile phone to the home network.
Broadcast via YouTube
- Before you start synchronizing your TV and smartphone, you need to make sure that the YouTube app is installed on the latter. If it is not in the device menu, you need to download the program from the market.
- Launch the installed YouTube app on your smartphone. Open the settings menu. Activate the Watch on TV option. If you did everything right, then the Samsung TV screen will display instructions with prompts for all subsequent actions.
- Launch YouTube on your TV. Go to settings. Designate the connection type. “In manual mode”.
- A special code will appear on the screen of the South Korean TV, which must be entered in the corresponding field on the screen of your smartphone. After that, you need to click on the “Add” button.
- In the list of detected devices, you need to find your Samsung TV. Once you’ve found the equipment you need, agree to broadcast. After that, you will be able to watch the video not on the small display of the phone, but on the big screen of the TV.
Why is it necessary?
Thanks to the Wi-Fi wireless network, modern users have the ability to connect a variety of technical devices to each other. These include televisions and smartphones. This synchronization option when using home equipment provides many interesting and useful functions.
When you connect a smartphone to a Samsung TV, its characteristics and options will remain the same, but a number of certain actions will be much more convenient and interesting.
- You can connect your phone to a Samsung TV if you want to play your favorite games on the big screen of media technology. You can also connect a keyboard or joystick to the TV using the Bluetooth network for the most convenient game.
- By connecting the phone to a Samsung TV via a Wi-Fi network, users can play their favorite movies, video clips, photos and other necessary content on the gadget and transfer them to the big screen, which is very convenient.
- Often the need for this type of connection arises if you need to organize an impressive presentation on a large screen diagonal.
- It is very convenient to browse interesting Internet pages by connecting your phone to a Samsung TV.
- If you correctly connect the phone to the television equipment of the South Korean brand, it will be possible to control the latter using a smartphone, instead of a remote control. This is a very convenient solution, which is used by many owners of such devices.
The level of functionality of the considered technique increases if you correctly synchronize it via a Wi-Fi network. Such solutions make media devices not only multitasking, but also easy to use.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV over Wi-Fi?
The Wi-Fi network opens up wide boundaries for its operation for users of modern media technology. Nowadays, a variety of devices can be synchronized with each other. Often there is a need to connect a smartphone to a TV. We will learn how to do it correctly, using the example of Samsung technology.
Let’s start with the most popular option. Pairing two devices can be done using modern technology Wi-Fi Direct. It is provided on almost all Smart TV models produced today.
This option is also supported on most modern smartphones.
The main task is to connect devices to each other without the need to get an access point. A smartphone is recognized by a TV in the form of a multimedia device.
To pair your phone with Smart TV using Wi-Fi Direct, you need a certain algorithm of actions.
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Select the section that contains the parameters of the wireless connection
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- Next, you need to open the Samsung TV settings. Run the specified function and on this device.
- A notification about the start of scanning will be displayed on the TV screen.
- The television equipment will show the entire list of devices available for connection.
- Find the name of your smartphone in the list.
- A corresponding notification will be displayed on the display of the mobile phone with a request to synchronize devices.
- You will need to confirm the connection.
- Now you can start playing any selected files on your smartphone. everything will be broadcast from your phone to the large screen of your Samsung TV.
If you decide to connect your phone to a Samsung TV, there is a certain pattern you should follow. There are several effective ways to transfer an image from a smartphone to a TV screen using Wi-Fi.
Usually, when connecting a mobile phone to a Samsung TV, serious problems do not arise, but there are times when the TV equipment does not see the smartphone. The device may not recognize or see existing Wi-Fi networks at all. In such cases, you do not need to be scared and think that you bought a low-quality or faulty TV.
Often, when it is impossible to connect the phone to the TV using a wireless Wi-Fi network, the case lies in the router. Perhaps the router is already overloaded and cannot cope with the loads. Perhaps the device is completely faulty and requires repair or replacement.
Often, users are in a hurry to connect their phone to a TV using Wi-Fi, without bothering to make sure that this module is provided in their device. Today on sale you can find enough TV-equipment, in the configurations of which Wi-Fi is not available. But this does not mean that such a problem cannot be solved. Installing a suitable Wi-Fi adapter will fix the situation.
If your smartphone fails to connect to your Samsung TV for one reason or another, a few simple steps are recommended. Perhaps they will solve the problem.
- Turn off the TV equipment completely for 10-15 minutes. It is not enough to turn off the device just by pressing the button on the remote control. Unplug the power cord. There are widespread cases where restarting Samsung devices resolved Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Unplug the router for about 30 seconds. Then connect the device again.
- Make sure other devices in your home, such as a computer, laptop, or tablet, connect seamlessly to your Wi-Fi network.
Consider a few useful recommendations regarding connecting a smartphone to a Samsung TV via Wi-Fi.
- Be prepared for the fact that when you connect devices using Miracast, the video will be transmitted in good quality, but games can be broadcast with a slight delay. 0.5-1 sec.
- If you have a lot of smart devices in your home, you need a good router at home to sync them using Wi-Fi. Buy expensive and reliable equipment, as weak devices will not withstand heavy loads.
- When choosing a Wi-Fi adapter for your Samsung TV, make sure it is right for your model. Better to buy devices of the same name brand.
Next, watch a video on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV via Smart View.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV
A huge number of gadgets that have flooded our lives do not always facilitate the tasks set, and often also throw up problems.
Viewing video files and photos from the screen of a mobile phone is inconvenient and not always appropriate if it is possible to connect your favorite smartphone to a Samsung TV and display an image or video stream on a large TV screen. To accomplish this task, there are several options, both over wireless protocols and using a wired connection.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV to watch movies via USB
The most common and understandable way to output content from a phone to a Samsung TV is synchronization via USB, you can transfer both video files and files for viewing and editing the necessary content, depending on the situation.
The wire, or the adapter used in this case, it is better to purchase a universal one, suitable for all Android devices.
The main condition should be the presence of an HDMI, VGA, DVI, Display Port or miniDP plug on the other end, based on your devices. Using a wire, we connect the phone to a Samsung TV.
Then, in the TV settings, select the channel marked HDMI (on some TV models, these channels may be designated H1, H2, H3, H4). At the same time, if the question of connection is not displayed on the smartphone screen, then manually select the “Connections” section of the menu on the phone in the options, after which the broadcast signal should start.
Because the location of the TV carrier often does not allow putting a phone and / or tablet next to it, this method does not always find its practical application.
Why is it needed?
First, once you connect your phone to the TV, you can still use all of the phone’s functions as before, but it will be easier to browse content. And secondly, sometimes there are force majeure situations in which the ability to display information on a TV medium is the only way to save the situation, for example, organizing a video selector or urgently organizing a broadcast.
Let’s consider all the display of the phone screen on the TV using the example of the most demanded company on the TV gadgets market, namely Samsung.
Slim Port to help you
Unlike the previous method, this one is much more productive and simpler, connection via SlimPort allows you to display the image from the phone to the Samsung TV immediately.
Connecting via Slim Port provides better quality broadcasting, because the signal is transmitted without decoding, and as a result there are no lags during image transmission.
How to Mirror Phone Screen to Samsung TV via Slim Port
Another plus is that at the same time you can connect an adapter to charge the battery, which will significantly increase the content viewing process. The image quality corresponds to the standard 1080p. You will need the port itself and the cable from the TV.
Having established the connection channel on the TV, often denoted by PC or HDMI, at first you will see the inscription “no signal”. After that, you need to pair the information carriers and the desktop of your gadget will appear on the TV screen.
It will not work to save on the quality of the cable. Cheap copies will create extraneous noise, and sometimes they will not miss a signal at all.
Connection via MHL adapter
Having at our disposal modern gadgets with the support of the MHL, it is simply a crime to deprive yourself of the opportunity to play games.
For this, the developers came up with a way to initially implant the MHL standard into devices, which allows video feed directly from the data port, which, by the way, can be used as a banal charger.
It looks like a hard drive. Having such an adapter at your disposal, there is nothing easier than having access to the TV, convert the telephone format to a more convenient one for games, after connecting the phone to the TV. After connecting the adapter to the phone, follow the instructions displayed on the screen of the gadget.
The ability to use this method significantly accelerates the loss of charging capacity of the mobile device, because when broadcasting to TV, the battery does not charge. If your gadget model does not support this type of connection, then you should not be upset. This indicates that you are already using more advanced models, in which the mistakes of past experiments have already been taken into account.
Connection via MHL adapter
Wireless pairing via Wi-Fi
Adapters and adapters are far from always lying in s, especially those suitable for all models of TV carriers. That is why, almost immediately after the adapters, data transmission technologies appeared via wireless networks and applications, in particular via Wi-Fi, in order to broadcast images and videos on the Smart TV screen.
To use this method, you just need to find your TV model in the lists of devices available for connection and make the possibility of pairing them available.
Broadcast video stream and image from phone to Samsung TV via Wi-Fi
In some cases, it is not possible to broadcast the full screen of your mobile device, so watching videos from old phone models on a Samsung TV that is not the latest models requires settings and a certain codec format. Viewing will be limited to video files or applications with suitable specifications.
Another modern opportunity to connect a phone to a Samsung TV via Screen Mirroring is a video broadcast from a smartphone screen to a Samsung Smart TV:
Wireless connection methods
The development of wireless technology has provided a wide variety of ways to connect in this way. Each TV manufacturer is trying to release a unique application that provides a connection with a smartphone via Wi-Fi.
So, LG TVs offer the ability to connect via Smart Share, a software product that allows you to connect a compatible phone of the same brand to a TV via Wi-Fi (due to the fact that LG Smart TVs in most cases are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module, no problem should not occur with the connection). It is enough to have a configured home Wi-Fi network, connect both devices (smartphone and TV) to it and activate the Smart Share function on them.
Another giant of the entertainment industry, Samsung, offers its users the AllShare function (as a simple and reliable way to connect a smartphone to a TV). The essence of the connection is not much different from LG models (with Smart Share): set up a home network, connect both devices to it and activate the function responsible for the wireless connection.
Apple users have the option to connect a smartphone (usually an iPhone) to a TV via AirPlay. The technology implies the use of a special set-top box for the TV, thanks to which the connection is established in just a few clicks on the phone, does not require even the slightest adjustment from the user, and also provides high quality information transfer. The only condition for smooth operation is that the connected devices must be in the same Wi-Fi network.
We examined the “unique” ways to connect a smartphone to a TV, inherent in any one manufacturer of equipment. It remains to say a few words about universal connection methods that also use Wi-Fi wireless technology.
This method is also possible to connect these devices. Yes, it will not allow you to duplicate the image from the tablet display to the TV, but you will be able to use the gadget as a USB drive acting as a signal source. In this case, data management is performed using a TV interface, and a modern TV is able to “read” not only most video and audio formats, but also common formats of text documents and presentations. Thanks to this, you can turn your TV into an advanced whiteboard for presentations and slideshows from your favorite photos.
How to connect? It’s very simple: take a “micro USB” cable (or “mini USB”. depending on what type of output your smartphone has), plug one end into a special connector on the phone, and the other into one of the USB ports on the back of the TV Do not forget to turn off both devices in advance so that when you turn them on, you get a working connection that does not require any edits.
This concludes the “wired” connection methods, we pass on to the description of the wireless ones, through which it is possible to establish the operation of the devices.
This method is not in vain made in the first place: HDMI has recently gained immense popularity, and connectors of this type can be found on most modern electronic devices (smartphones are no exception). HDMI is loved by users for its high quality and bit rate in digital format. Just one cable allows you to set up “sending” both video and audio signals to the TV.
It is not difficult to guess that a prerequisite for connecting your smartphone to a TV via HDMI will be the presence of the same-named connectors in both devices (in smartphones you can find micro-HDMI or mini-HDMI). You can verify their presence by reading the instructions, or visually (on the TV they are located on the back panel, in the smartphone, most often next to the USB connector).
The connection is created as follows: turn off the tablet and TV, then, after connecting both devices with an HDMI cable, turn them on. In most cases, after switching on, the connection will be automatically configured, the result of which will be the activation of the “mirrorring” function, in which the image from the smartphone display will begin to broadcast to the TV.
If the automatic configuration did not happen, you can do it manually: for this, go to the menu of both devices. In the TV set, select the signal source “HDMI” (if there are several HDMI connectors on the back of the TV, indicate the number of the one used), and on the tablet, activate the signal transmission function via HDMI. That’s all. This completes the connection process. Let’s move on to the next method.
Important! If your phone does not have a micro-HDMI connector, you can use a special micro-USB to HDMI converter. It is able to convert the signal from micro USB and prepare it for sending to the TV in such a way that the latter recognizes it without any problems.
Several ways to connect your smartphone to your TV
Smartphones that have appeared relatively recently are developing by leaps and bounds, offering users an ever wider range of opportunities: high-speed Internet access, all kinds of applications, social networks and exciting games have long become the norm for the owner of a “smart” phone. In search of expanding the capabilities of their gadgets, users are increasingly looking to learn how to connect a smartphone to a TV in order to use the latter as a solid-sized display. This will allow you to watch movies (stored in the memory of the gadget) on a full screen, take a completely new look at your favorite games and bring communication with friends on social networks or via Skype to a new level.
The purpose of this article is to acquaint you with the basic methods of connecting a smartphone to a TV. If you came to this page, you probably know why you need to create this type of connection. Therefore, it makes no sense to waste your time on a long introductory part, it is better to go straight to the description of specific methods and actions.
This technology allows you to do without using a router with a configured home network, that is, you can connect the tablet to the TV “directly”. The main thing is that your phone and TV support Wi-Fi Direct technology. The main algorithm that allows you to connect a TV to a tablet in this way:
- Launch Wi-Fi Direct on a smartphone. To do this, go to the device settings menu, select the “Wireless networks and connections” tab, then look for Wi-Fi Direct, opposite which you need to click on “activate” (or “OK”). You should see a message about the successful launch of the function.
- We put the smartphone aside and go to the TV. Here we also go to the menu and, through it, we get to the “Network” tab (you can often find a special button on the remote control that facilitates access to this menu item). Among the connection methods, we look for “Wi-Fi Direct” and activate it. After activating the function, it will be possible to select a device for connection (in our case, this is a smartphone that we set up a couple of minutes ago). Select your phone (be guided by the “device name on the network”; it can be set in the gadget settings) and send a connection request. In just a few seconds, the smartphone will “catch” the request and offer you to complete the connection setup by pressing the “yes” button.
- That’s all. You can start using Wi-Fi Direct technology at your pleasure.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to connect a TV to a smartphone. You need to clearly understand the goals that you are pursuing and know the technology that you can turn to in your case (which connection method is supported by both the TV and the smartphone). It only remains to take a couple of steps to connect the devices, and you can start using them “in pairs”.
Displaying the smartphone screen via Miracast is in a sense repeating the process of using Bluetooth. To connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV in this way, you should:
- Activate device search on TV and mobile device.
- Allow data exchange.
- Connection will occur automatically if the corresponding option is selected in the smartphone.
This is a general pairing scheme, but a detailed example is the connection on a Sony Xperia M4 phone:
- Open smartphone options.
- Go to Xperia Connections, then Miracast Screen Mirroring.
- Press the orange Start button. The TV will be searched.
- Next, you should select its name. After connecting, the picture from the phone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Miracast provides enough data transfer rate to display 4K video. With regard to games, the situation is worse. there is a 0.5-1 second delay, which is very noticeable in dynamic scenes.
Ways to Connect to Samsung Smart TV
Android or iOS smartphones can be connected to Samsung TVs. To do this, the latter must have their own operating system and access to the Internet. Pairing devices is performed for displaying images and videos, controlling a TV, transferring files. The article will take a closer look at how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV.
There are four ways to connect a mobile device to a Samsung TV: via the app, the built-in function of the Samsung smartphone, Miracast, and an HDMI cable. The choice of method depends on the goals of the user, the OS of the phone and the TV model. So, for games, it is better to use a wired connection, as this will avoid delays in image transmission.
Before proceeding with the description of the step-by-step guide, it should be noted that the TV must be connected to the Internet. This is done over a wired channel or using Wi-Fi. The smartphone must also be connected to the Internet and be on the same home network with the TV.
TVs of the M, Q, K series already have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If you want to make a wireless connection in other models, you will have to purchase a special adapter that connects to the USB port.
How to connect samsung smart tv to mobile Wirelessly using App. VERY EASILY
Owners of Samsung smartphones have the ability to connect without installing additional software. The proprietary Screen Mirroring function connects two devices from the same manufacturer. It is supported by TVs of the F, J, K, M series, regarding the rest. you should clarify the information using one of the following sources:
- Instruction. The Mobile Device Connection section should mention Screen Mirroring. If there is no such information, there is no support.
- Company customer support chat. Follow the link http://livechat.support.Samsung.com/Customer_new/RU and ask a question to the consultant.
The following will describe how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV, depending on the OS version of your smartphone.
For Android 4.x and 5.x, the steps are as follows:
- Turn on the TV and call the “Source” menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Select “Screen Mirroring”.
Open mobile phone settings. Go to the “Connect and Send” section, then. “Screen Mirroring”.
Wait until the end of the search for available devices, select the required TV.
The connection process will start, as a result of which the image from the smartphone display will be displayed on the big screen.
For Android 6.x, the instructions are a little simpler:
Lower the quick settings shade on your phone.
Select the “Quick connection” item, then. the found TV from the list.
A list of available actions will open, where you should click on the line “Device screen. on TV “.
The pairing process starts. As a result, the picture will start to duplicate.
Owners of smartphones running Android 7.x should do the following:
Pull down the quick access bar by swiping from the top of the phone screen. Then repeat the action to fully expand the list of available actions.
Swipe from left to right to open additional settings. There you should select the item “Smart View”.
Smart View App
The method of connection via the Smart View application is suitable for owners of smartphones of any brand running both on Android OS (version 4.1 and higher) and on iOS (starting from version 7.0). To complete the task, you must:
The presented instructions will help you understand how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV. Among the main functions of the application, the following are worth highlighting:
- remote control;
- “Dual View” mode, which provides display of the phone display on the TV and vice versa;
- using Smart Hub widgets;
- turning off the power of the TV via Bluetooth (not supported on all models);
- game mode that turns your smartphone into a joystick;
- activating TV sleep mode.
Considering the ease of installation and the number of useful functions, we can say that this is one of the most optimal connection methods. However, there are others that have their own advantages.
This type of connection is carried out via a cable or a special adapter. Before purchasing peripherals, you should study the technical characteristics of both devices and make sure that the MHL technology is supported. If there is one, a cable will be enough, at one end of which there is an HDMI output, and at the other. a Micro-USB.
Otherwise, you will have to use an MHL-HDMI adapter. There are both branded adapters from Samsung and cheaper counterparts from other manufacturers on the market. A diagram of how to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using an adapter will look like this:
- The smartphone is connected to the adapter via the Micro-USB input.
- The adapter is connected to a power cable that goes to the outlet or to the Power Bank, as well as an HDMI cable, the other end of which is inserted into the corresponding connector on the TV.
- When all the connectors are connected, it remains to select the signal source on the TV. After that, the picture will start to be displayed on the big screen.
Although a wired connection requires additional equipment, it is the most optimal in terms of image quality and signal transmission speed.
How to watch movies from Android phone on Smart TV via WI-FI?
Further in this article, I will analyze in detail exactly the wireless methods of connecting a smartphone to a TV or TV set-top box for watching movies, videos or photos. Basically, we have two options to stream video from phone to TV. DLNA or MiraCast. The difference between them is that DLNA can only play files that are recorded on a smartphone. videos, photos or music. Plus, Miracast also has the ability to duplicate the smartphone screen on a TV monitor. Let’s take a closer look at each of these technologies.
In order to transfer recorded media files from your Android phone and play them on your Smart TV, several conditions must be met:
- Both devices must be connected to the same WI-FI router
- Smart TV and phone must support DLNA or Miracast (for Apple. AirPlay)
Connecting the phone to the TV via WI-FI adapter Mirakast
So, first of all we need a TV with support for Miracast.
- If you have a model with Smart TV, then most likely it is already built-in right out of the box. You can find out about this from the technical information about your TV.
- If not, then you need to connect the MiraScreen adapter (Miracast, AnyCast, ChromeCast, AnyView, ScreenShare) to the TV, which is supported by absolutely any TV. Samsung, LG, Philips, Sony or any other. I told you more about how to organize this in the article, the link to which is given above.
- If you want to play files from iPhone / iPad without installing additional applications (including video played from the browser), then you also need this adapter to also support AirPlay. an analogue of DLNA from Apple.
As soon as you connected the miracast adapter to the TV, it turns into a WI-FI access point and starts broadcasting a wireless signal called “MiraScreen_XXXX”. We need to connect our phone to this WI-FI network, from which the video from the display will be played to the TV.
All modern smartphones on Android and iOS already have built-in support for screen broadcasting via WI-FI. In Xiaomi, it is called that. Wireless Display, this function is located in the “Advanced Settings”
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV (Wireless)
Our receiver. MiraScreen will be displayed here. We select it and start broadcasting. the smartphone display image will appear on the monitor.
By the way, I already wrote about the wireless display in MIUI in another article. there I connected it to a video projector.
Ways to connect your phone to your TV
As always, you first need to decide what exactly you need to connect your smartphone to the TV for.
- You want to play files recorded in the phone memory (music, movies, photos) on the TV screen, or broadcast the smartphone screen to the TV, thereby turning it into an additional monitor?
- The second thing you need to understand is how the Android phone will be connected to the TV (or Smart TV set-top box). by cable or wirelessly via WI-FI?
Depending on the goal, he will choose one of the following methods:
- Via USB cable. suitable if you need to connect your phone to TV as an external drive and see all files available for reading on the monitor.
- Via HDMI wire. used for the second option to mirror the smartphone screen to the TV
- Using a DLNA server. the essence is that an application is installed on the smartphone, which turns it into a media server for distributing files via WI-FI. Then you can connect to it from any device from the local network, including the TV.
- Using MiraCast technology. a universal wireless method that is suitable for both broadcasting movies and cloning the screen to TV
Connecting Phone to TV via WI-FI To Watch Movies. Broadcast from Android to Smart TV Samsung and LG
Today I will clearly show how to connect an Android phone to a TV via WI-FI in order to broadcast an image and transfer video to a large Smart TV monitor. This is convenient for watching movies, as well as for playing games, since a tablet or smartphone turns into a kind of game console, and TV is used as a screen. This manual is suitable for connecting any Android phone, including Samsung, Huawei, Honor and Redmi, to a Smart TV of any brand. from Samsung and LG to Philips, Sony, Xiaomi, Dexp, Haier and others.
How to connect a TV to an Android smartphone to transfer a picture from the screen to watch videos on TV?
If your Android phone has a version lower than 4.2 (this also happens), then to broadcast a video or display image to the TV screen, you will need to download and install a separate application. For example, it is proposed to install the proprietary utility EZMira to our adapter, through which you can also configure in more detail the modes of operation of the adapter, as well as the image quality.
This can be done via a direct link from the Play Market and Apple Store, as well as by scanning the QR code displayed on the TV screen in the MiraScreen program.
Here we also first connect to the TV’s Wi-Fi network.
and then in the settings we specify the type of broadcast. MiracCast Standart.
That’s it. now my phone display is showing on my LG TV
If you now start broadcasting a video from this smartphone and stretch it to the entire display, then it will also fill the TV screen, as if you were watching it directly without a phone.
Smartphone connection and video transfer to Smart TV with built-in Miracast module
Now for those LG and Samsung TV models that have support for Smart TV and a wireless display out of the box.
Here you need to go to the “Network” section in the menu and select the “Miracast / Intel WiDi” section. Depending on the firmware version, it may also be called “WI-FI Direct”