Rear-view cameras for the radio, manufactured by third-party manufacturers, have a shape that does not correspond to the used license plate light. To simplify installation, it is allowed to cut the case with the subsequent installation of the product between the backlight lamps. This arrangement improves the lens’s field of view and makes it easier to calculate the trajectory when maneuvering in reverse. The device is installed after installing a DIN standard 2 radio with a liquid crystal screen.
Approximate algorithm for installing the camera on the back of the car:
- Cut a rectangular hole in the plastic trim or metal casing located above the license plate attachment point on the trunk lid. The metal edges are treated with an anti-corrosion compound. It is recommended to select the installation point in such a way as to avoid trimming the body panel, since it is impossible to provide reliable protection against corrosion in artisanal conditions.
- For trimming, it is required to dismantle the plastic trim with backlight shades, which is attached with clips or screws. The installation method depends on the car model.
- The window is marked by drilling 4 holes with a diameter of 2-3 mm, then the opening is cut using a file or a jigsaw. The edges are smoothed with a file. A test installation of the camera is performed to check the viewing angle of the selected layout solution.
- Mount the camera body into the housing and secure the parts with 2-component epoxy adhesive. It is recommended to first make sure that the lens is positioned correctly by connecting the equipment to the radio. Since the epoxy glue hardens within 3-5 minutes, the user has time to adjust the position of the device.
After installing the rear view camera, they begin to lay the connection cables, which are routed through the passenger compartment to the head acoustic unit. The type of connection between the cord and the player depends on the model and manufacturer. Pioneer radios are equipped with a special plug for connecting a camera. Users confuse it with the yellow “tulip”, which is intended for switching equipment operating in manual control mode.
To use the camera, it is necessary to use head equipment equipped with an appropriate connector for commutation. For high-quality display of the picture, 2 Din-size radios with Windows CE or Android operating system are used. For video output, a recorder is also used, made in the form of a rear-view mirror, mounted on top of a factory element. The equipment ensures the storage of information, the quality of the recording depends on the modification of the photosensitive element used.
- By the method of signal transmission from the camera. There are devices with and without wires. In the second case, the installation of an additional WI-Fi unit is required, which provides broadcast and decryption of the information stream.
- By the angle of view, which defines the controlled area behind the vehicle. The equipment is equipped with lenses that provide a capture angle in the range of 120-170 °. To control additional zones, it is possible to connect 2 cameras through a special controller.
The selected device is equipped with a robust housing that is resistant to road agents. In addition, the product must be waterproof, since liquid penetration will degrade the image quality and damage the device. It is also necessary to select a camera for reasons of installation location.
Correct connection diagram of the rear view camera guarantees the start of signal transmission only after engaging reverse gear. For commutation, a switch located in the speed selection mechanism is used. On some cars, such an element is absent, therefore, a connection is used to the reversing light switch or to the lamp holders located in the aft lampshades. The patch cable is carefully inserted into the plug, held by the factory spring contact.
The instructions supplied with the radio tape recorders contain recommendations on how to properly connect and adjust the camera. If the user has any difficulties when connecting or installing additional equipment, it is recommended to contact the service center.
To connect the camera to the head unit, use the connector located on the back of the equipment. Before purchasing an additional device, make sure that the installed player supports rear view camera wiring. The camera is powered by a cable labeled Reverse that connects to the reversing lamp circuit. The RCA plug is installed into the standard video input jack located on the rear of the radio.
The connection to the Pioneer radio tape recorder has several differences:
- the camera’s yellow plug fits into the socket marked R.C IN;
- in the cable harness of the head unit there is a cord with a violet-white insulation, which is responsible for the signal supply of the activated reverse gear.
It is recommended to lay the switching lines after installing the camera, since during the installation process unforeseen difficulties may arise that require the use of a different layout solution.
How to connect (connect) a rear view camera to a Chinese 2 DIN radio
The growing car park leads to a shortage of parking spaces, so motorists are forced to park their cars in narrow aisles and gaps between adjacent vehicles. To ensure visibility of the space behind the car, cameras are used to display the image on the display of the audio head unit. When self-improving the car, the user needs to know how to connect a rear view camera to the radio and how to adjust the equipment.
How to determine the location of the camera
Before starting the installation of the connection cables and the reversing camera housing, you should find the point that provides the greatest viewing angle and is not thrown by dirt when the vehicle is moving. Depending on the body configuration, the equipment is mounted on the license plate light strip, luggage compartment lid or rear bumper. The connection of a Chinese-made camera is performed instead of the room backlight, while a diode is stored inside the unit. This mounting scheme does not provide a high-quality picture.
Placing the equipment at the height of the bumper allows you to capture space at a distance of 2-3 m from the rear of the vehicle. Remember that the lower the vehicle is, the smaller the field of view will be. Because of this, contact with a subtle obstacle is possible when reversing. Installing the device on the trunk lid expands the radius by 30-35%. This installation technique is not used on trucks and vans, since it does not allow maneuvering with the rear doors open.
On buses or trucks, the device is mounted on the upper edge of the body; the lens is pointing down.
The user can install two cameras by connecting them through a dedicated controller. The screen of the radio tape recorder displays a picture from each source or from 2 at the same time. The parameter is adjusted through the settings of the hub. It is allowed to use a 2-position switch that broadcasts a signal from different sources.
Depending on the location of the device, the signal transmission harnesses are laid. When using a wireless product, a reliable signal transmission is required. Metal elements of the body reduce the intensity of data transmission, therefore, the number of partitions between the transmitter and the receiver should be minimized.
If the radio tape recorder does not see the connected device, then you should configure the equipment through the menu. Android head units are equipped with a function that displays parking guidelines on the display.
The distance between the elements and the degree of curvature when turning the steering wheel are adjustable depending on the size of the car.
Function and ability to adjust parameters are not available in all players.
The adjustment of the operating parameters is carried out through the menu sections. The user activates the signal transmission and then adjusts the picture resolution on the display. It then searches for the balance of brightness and contrast under different ambient lighting conditions. On Pioneer head units, a warning message appears on the screen informing the driver of a possible mirror image. The text is displayed when the camera is off; to disconnect, you will need to adjust the polarity of the connected cable of the reverse indicator.
Tips to install AHD reverse camera on JOYING Android car stereo?
How to connect devices
To connect the camera to the tablet in the car, you first need to insert the device’s tulip into the corresponding slot of the video capture card or TV tuner. Then the USB-OTG adapter is inserted into the tablet, and the plug of the video device is connected to its socket. After that, the application is launched to control the camera, to which you need to supply power from the vehicle’s on-board network. The image will appear on the screen of the computing device. If a camera with Wi-Fi is used, then the gadget should detect the access point created by the device and connect to it.
If you want to connect to a smartphone, you will need to follow exactly the same sequence of steps as when connecting a tablet. The application for displaying the image on the screen may not be suitable. But you can always pick it up from the Play Market, especially since the link is in the section with the tablet connection.
Connecting the camera to Android is real and easy. It is much more difficult to decide on the device to which the image will be displayed, and to find an application for the rear view camera on Android, which would be compatible with the model of your gadget.
You can go the route of least resistance and install a wifi camera. Although it will be a little more expensive, it is easier to install and configure.
You can also choose equipment that works via Bluetooth, although you risk getting less high quality. It is up to you to decide which equipment to use and what you need. We advise you to ask the sellers for the characteristics and capabilities of the purchased gadget model, as well as to clarify the availability of support for connecting via OTG.
How to install and connect a rear view camera to your Android tablet
There are several ways to connect a rear view camera to your Android tablet. Depending on the characteristics of the gadgets, wired and wireless connections can be used.
We will not tell you how to mount the equipment. Let’s start from the moment of connection. To connect a camera to an Android tablet:
- Connect the camera leads to the corresponding inputs on the EasyCAP by simply color matching.
- EasyCAP connect to OTG adapter.
- Now you can connect the other side of the OTG cable to your tablet.
Connection work completed. But the equipment won’t just start up. You will need a dedicated Android program for the rear view camera.
At the moment, several programs, both paid and free, are working with the equipment that we have connected.
One of the best and most popular free ones is FPViewer. Therefore, we advise you to use it. If you have connection problems on your tablet model, try any other option from Google Play. until the picture appears.
Connecting the radio
In order to connect to an Android radio, you will need to carry out almost the same steps. No need for an OTG adapter, because the radio has an input for a full-size USB cable.
The radio tape recorder may not be able to detect EasyCAP via the app. This problem is solved as follows:
- Engage reverse gear.
- In the window that appears on the screen of the radio, check the box next to “Use as default” and click “OK”.
- In the next window, select the first item.
- The camera image should appear.
Which tablet is right
A pre-owned 7-inch tablet is suitable for installation in a car and use with a camcorder. To ensure proper performance, the amount of RAM of the device must be at least 1 GB. If you have Android 4.1 or newer operating system, the required applications can be installed from the Google Play Store.
On older devices, the software for a camera or tuner with a video input can be installed by connecting the gadget to the computer and downloading the APK file to the latest. Installation of the application in this way is carried out if the required program is not in the Play Store.
The 7-inch tablet, which works with the rear camera, can be installed in one of the sun visors in the interior of the car. A larger computer can be placed on a stand that attaches to the dashboard. If the gadget assumes wireless charging, then you should choose a holder with an appropriate charger.
Connecting Rear View Camera to Android
Many modern cars are equipped with on-board computers and rear-view cameras. In new models, even some budget cars, everything is already connected, and you can use the camera in the car without completing anything yourself. But what about those with a leaner trim or older model that doesn’t have an on-board PC? The easiest option would be to install the device on Android. It can be a car radio, a tablet, or even a smartphone. You will learn how to connect a rear view camera to Android devices in this article.
Why is it needed
You can reuse an old but workable tablet.
With it, you can go online while parking, watch videos or listen to music if you connect the gadget to a USB modem and a car radio.
If your tablet is equipped with a cellular module, you can make voice calls. Another role of the tablet in the car is to use it as a navigator. Thus, you can not only connect a video camera and an Android tablet. this device will benefit the driver.
With the help of special software
If installing the drivers did not solve the problem, this can only mean one thing. this Android device does not support Connect from third-party gadgets. In this case, you can resort to using a special application that is designed to connect peripherals.
For example, the CameraFi app is a great tool for pairing an Android mobile gadget with any USB camera. This is all the more true even in cases where the smartphone is equipped with its own camera (or even two). And this is understandable, because the capabilities of the built-in camera are often in many ways inferior to their digital counterpart of the budget class.
You can find out more about the functionality of the utility and the compatibility of connected devices on the manufacturer’s website or on Google Play. we will now tell you how to work with the program.
For CameraFi to work, we need an OTG adapter (see above), download and install the application from any specified source.
So, after installing the application, we connect the Android device and the camera
Now we launch the utility and for its correct operation we give the necessary permissions (the “OK” button). In the “Settings” section, you can select the quality and resolution options for both photo and video (they depend on the capabilities of the camera). The application interface is simple and intuitive, so there should be no problems.
The utility also allows you to record audio and video streams, set the desired prefixes in the name of any file, and then view the finished photos or videos.
In addition, CameraFi will be an excellent assistant for connecting an action camera, microscope or endoscope, DVR, etc.
Another tool that I would like to talk about is StickMount, an application that automatically recognizes an external video camera (flash drive, mouse, etc.) via a USB connection, and then provides a list of all available connections. Also, the utility allows you to simultaneously connect multiple video devices.
After installing the program, connect the camera and launch Root access. Now you need to agree with the proposed conditions, after which the camera must be determined and will be ready to work.
- For correct operation, the program may need Root access.
- StickMount is distributed on a paid and free basis (for full use it is better to use the PRO version).
- If there are problems with the playback of files shot by the camera, you need to change the shooting format in the settings (AAC or MPEG4).
We connect the USB camera
For the most part, Android devices (at least gadgets starting from version 3.1) are equipped with USB On-To-Go technology, the essence of which is the ability to provide power to external media that were connected via micro USB.
To connect a camera of this type, a special adapter with a full USB connector at one end and a mini-USB at the other, which should be included with the device:
If its presence is not provided by the manufacturer, then the absence of such an adapter in our case is not a serious obstacle, since it is not difficult to acquire it in communication salons, especially since it is also useful when connecting joysticks, a mouse, a keyboard, a card reader and other peripherals.
- We connect our device using an OTG adapter to a USB camera.
- After that, our tablet / smartphone should define the connected device as a drive.
- Now we just have to reboot our gadget.
If the connection has been established, then using any file manager, you can view active connections in the corresponding folder.
This is the easiest way to connect the camera to Android, for example, to communicate via Skype. However, not always in this case, everything goes as we would like. One of the most common reasons is the lack of necessary drivers, which, however, can be installed by downloading them from the official website of the smartphone (tablet) manufacturer.
How to connect the camera to Android
How to connect a camera to Android. You have opened a page with this topic, so you are looking for an answer on how to connect a camera to Android. We will omit lengthy arguments about why this may be needed, and go directly to the essence of the issue.
We connect an IP video camera
Some devices do not have a function that allows you to work over the OTG protocol. But this does not mean at all that users with such gadgets will not be able to connect a web-camera to them. In such cases (and not only), wireless technologies can be successfully applied.
To do this, a smartphone / tablet and a camera that support Wi-Fi technology, a stable Internet connection (local or global) and an application that converts the stream from the periphery.
You also need to equip your Android with a special video player capable of streaming video files in flv format (for example, VPlayer).
The TinyCam Monitor app is quite in demand and will be an excellent choice for connecting even multiple cameras to an Android device. With its help, you can not only conduct video surveillance from any IP camera on an Android or Google TV device, but also connect a video recorder to broadcast images.
- We connect the camera by pressing the button on the body.
- Download and install the utility on your smartphone or tablet.
- Then enter the SSID and password specified in the instructions.
- After that, we need to position the devices so that the NFC tags on both gadgets that provide data transfer touch.
It remains to wait a few seconds. Done:
And another application that is popular with users that can easily turn an Android device into a video surveillance camera. IP Webcam.
Once in the settings menu after connecting, the first step is to set the resolution and picture quality and activate the motion detector, which has a sensitivity from zero to 250 units. In addition, for our own convenience, we remember the location of the archive recording.
IP Webcam is distributed in paid and free versions. The PRO version provides many tools for customizing the camera interface: displaying the record button on the display, controlling the volume, choosing their location, size, etc.
details on how to connect Android, how to watch a WEB-camera in the video:
How to connect a tablet to a camera?
The signal transmitted by the camera is analog, the tablet recognizes digital. Therefore, just like that, with one cord, these two gadgets cannot be connected to each other.
Rear view camera is connected to Android tablet using EasyCap adapter and OTG USB adapter.
It is the EasyCap device that will capture the analog signal from the video gadget and convert it to digital in real time for display on Android. It is an adapter equipped on one side with colored RCA chips for tulips and S-video connector, and on the other with a USB connector.
OTG USB adapter is a piece of equipment that provides direct transfer of data from a USB drive to an end device, without having to first download it to a computer. On the one hand, the gadget has a USB port, on the other. a connector with which it can be connected to a mobile device.
So, with the theoretical part, in part, finished. Now let’s go directly to the instructions.
- On a digital device, install the EasyCap Viewer mobile application (or its equivalent) from the Play Market and launch;
- Do not forget to connect the rear view camera to the car power supply (powered from the reversing lights);
- Match the bells on the video cable from the video gadget with the corresponding connectors on the EasyCap adapter;
- The USB plug should be connected to the USB port on the OTG adapter;
- Plug the other end of the OTG into the tablet;
- Done. You were able to pair your car tablet with a rear view camera.
At this time, the EasyCap Viewer will transmit a black screen on the tablet display. However, as soon as you activate the gear lever to the reverse position, an image from the video gadget will immediately appear. Place the display on the car dashboard in a convenient place and feel free to maneuver.
If you are the proud owner of a rear view camera with a wireless module, connecting it to your Android tablet will be even easier. Just turn on the hotspot (Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) and find the network on your digital gadget.
We connect the rear view camera to the tablet and sit in the chair
Let’s take a look at how to connect a rear view camera to your tablet without having to purchase a separate monitor. The instruction will be useful to car owners in whose cars the standard head unit is not equipped with it.
What is a rear view camera device? This is a small optical peephole, most often mounted in the license plate frame, the video from which is transmitted to the display in the cabin. As a standard, the gadget is connected to the car radio. There are also cameras built into the rearview mirror. The devices are activated automatically when reverse gear is engaged. Their main purpose is to provide the driver with an overview of the blind spots while maneuvering the machine when moving back.
If the radio does not have a monitor, you can use any modern mobile device with a screen instead.
Will any device fit?
There are no extraordinary requirements for a gadget, especially if you do not have an old model. However, there are some nuances. So, what requirements must the tablet meet in order to connect a rear view camera through it:
- Connect to the Internet (to download the application);
- Support OTG function;
- Have an up-to-date version of the operating system compatible with the EasyCap Viewer application;
- Contain pre-installed audio and audio codecs;
- It’s easier to connect a rear view camera to an Android tablet;
Android Backup Camera Installation Guide. 4 Steps
Advantages and disadvantages
Well, we’ve covered how to connect a rear view camera to your Android tablet. Let’s briefly outline the pros and cons of this action.
- You do not need to buy a monitor if the radio is not equipped with it;
- Good signal quality;
- Easy to connect;
- You can use it from time to time (only if necessary), the rest of the time, use the tablet as a regular gadget.
- Lots of wires and cables in the cabin;
- Strong battery wear;
- The gadget will have to be constantly taken from the car or hidden (it is not safe to leave it in the cabin);
- With a wireless connection, the signal is transmitted with a small delay, often with slight interference.
How to put a rear view camera KIA RIO?
For a sedan and a hatchback, the installation is carried out according to similar principles.
Compared with parking sensors, it has the following advantages:
- the view of the space behind the trunk of the car is complete. Other cars, features of the markings and the road situation can be considered carefully, increasing if necessary. The obstacle can be seen and the degree of its danger can be assessed;
- the camera installed at the license plate looks elegant and aesthetically pleasing. To install it, unlike bumper-mounted parking sensors, there is no need to drill holes in the housing, especially if a mounting bolt is already provided;
- a number of camera models can operate in the infrared range at night, and web cameras are capable of transmitting information to a server, where it can be stored and processed;
- car cameras have the function of projecting onto the image of parking markings, which will help the driver navigate in tight urban spaces.
The video shows the procedure for connecting a rear view camera on the KIA RIO:
So, we will describe step by step how to install the camera on the KIA RIO:
- remove the trunk trim. To do this, you need to find the screws securing the trunk handle and the upholstery material itself, unscrew them, then remove the caps and carefully remove the upholstery;
- remove the housing of one of the rear lights, it is more convenient to work with the left one. To do this, find the clips holding it. Press them with your hand and carefully pull out the cover, disconnecting it from the wiring block;
- the camera is installed above the license plate, under the trunk curve. It should have a slight downward slope. This will improve the viewing quality. For the passage of the wires, you will have to make a hole in the case or, if there is an existing hole, into which the wires are passed for the license plate illumination, use it;
- through the trunk, wires can be passed into the cabin along the floor or fixed on the lid, in any case, by passing them under the upholstery;
- 2 wires of the camera are connected as follows, the first. with wires from the rear headlight block for power supply, the second. in the cabin is connected to the head unit.
Kia RIO rear video camera connection.
3.1. Our camera actually has two tulips: yellow and red. Connect the yellow tulip of the camera to the yellow tulip from the wire, which is stretched into the salon to the radio tape recorder.
3.2. We connect the red tulip with the black tulip wires, in which the second end is bifurcated into red and black wires, through which we will further feed and.
3.3. Go to the reversing lamp connector.
Check the work.
– turn on the ignition.
– turn on the reverse gear and see the image from the camera on the screen of the Android radio.
How to connect a rear view camera KIA RIO?
After installing the camera on the bumper, you will need to connect it to the power supply and to the monitor in the cabin. Connection will require basic knowledge of electrical engineering.
Before starting work, the driver must prepare:
- camcorder. The choice and cost of the model depends on individual preferences;
- monitor. Attaches to the rearview mirror. The device is not included with all cameras, you may have to purchase it separately;
- set of wires for connection.
From the tools, the driver must prepare:
- insulating tape;
Connecting a rear view camera to the Kia RIO Android radio. | ITHELP21.RU
Criterias of choice
If you decide to purchase a rear view camera, you may be faced with a large assortment of devices on the market. Many brands are engaged in the production of KZV, as a result, products differ not only in manufacturers and cost, but also in functionality, as well as configuration. In accordance with preferences and capabilities, you can purchase a complete set of device (camera with display), or connect the system to a Pioneer radio or other.
- A type. KZV can be either wired or wireless. In the latter case, it is necessary to organize a Wi-Fi access point in the car.
- Viewing angle. this parameter largely determines the quality of the image coverage. Optimally choose devices with a coverage angle of 120 to 170 degrees.
- Image quality, a lot depends on it.
- The body of the device. It is important that he be strong.
- Remember that all electrical work is carried out with a de-energized on-board network. Therefore, it is necessary to disconnect the battery.
- First, the camera is installed, in particular the peephole, depending on the design features of the car, a place may be provided for this element. If it is, then it is only necessary to dismantle the plug and install the peephole there. If there is no space, then you need to drill a hole in the bumper and fix the peephole in it with silicone or glue.
- Then the wiring from the device is laid in the luggage compartment, the negative terminal should be connected to the mass of the car, for this you can use a regular bolt. The positive lead connects to the optics wire that turns on when reverse gear is activated.
Diagram of connecting the camera to the display of the car radio
Checking and configuring the camera
To make sure that everything was done correctly and that the short circuit voltage of the type is working in normal mode, it is necessary to check the operability of the device. To do this, connect the battery, start the car engine and engage reverse gear. At this moment, a picture should appear on the display of the radio. if so, then everything is installed and connected correctly.
If there is no image or poorly displayed on the display, do the following:
- Go to the car radio menu and select “Settings” or “Settings”.
- Then go to the submenu “Cameras” or “Cameras”, depending on whether the audio system is Russified or not.
- Then in the existing list you need to find your camera.
- Using the settings, adjust the focus and other settings of the KZV eye.
After completing these steps, you can customize the system to fit your needs.
Guide on how to properly connect a rear view camera to the radio
Thanks to a device such as a rear view camera (RCV), the driver will be able to know how to park and what obstacles might interfere with it. Today you will not surprise anyone with such a device, recently more and more motorists are equipping KZV cars. From this material you can find out how the rear view camera is connected to the car radio and what you need to know about the choice of devices.
How to determine the location of the camera?
Before connecting the camera, you need to choose a place to mount the device. KZV can be installed in the trunk lid, license plate frame or in the rear bumper. Such a place of installation will not spoil the external design of the vehicle, this is the best option in terms of height. the necessary image will be displayed on the monitor.
Depending on the type, KZV can be mounted instead of license plate illumination, while the device is equipped with a backlight option. But its quality is much worse. The main criterion on which to rely on when choosing the place of installation of the system is how much the chamber will be contaminated. On many vehicles, due to aerodynamic features, the rear of the bumper can become covered with mud in bad weather.
Connecting to a radio tape recorder
- In order for the image to be displayed on the monitor of the car radio when turned on, it is necessary to lay the yellow wire through the passenger compartment and secure it with electrical tape. Make sure that the cable does not bend or be affected by moving parts of the body, otherwise it will have to be replaced soon. If the length of the wire is not enough for laying, you can try to increase its size using a similar cable.
- Then the wire must be connected to the audio system, for this you need to read the instructions for the radio tape recorder. The connection principle is identical in almost all systems. The end of the yellow wire, the so-called tulip, must be connected to the Video In connector.
- If you use the wireless version of the camera, then the principle of connecting the system will be identical. Instead of one end of the wire, a special sensor must be installed in the Video In connector, which is included in the set to the KZV. Actually, when these actions are completed, the installation procedure for the KZV can be considered complete. But before assembling the upholstery and preparing the car for operation, it is necessary to diagnose the system’s performance.
Installation from A to Z
How should the KZV be installed and connected? If you want the radio with a rear view camera to work for a long time, follow the recommendations below. For installation, you will need a circuit that should be included.