How to connect a rear view camera to a car
How to connect a rear view camera to the radio tape recorder
To connect you will need:
- – radio with monitor
- – rear view camera.
The rear view camera should have 3 views. The yellow wire is for connecting the video image. Red wire. this is the positive lead for the power supply. Black negative wire for power connection. The red and black wires connect to the reversing light. Then the camera works when the reverse gear is on. Almost all cameras are designed for short use when parking, and in continuous operation, the camera fails.
Be careful when connecting. Incorrect connection damages the radio or camera, although some cameras have protection against incorrect connection. In cameras, the positive wire is rarely equipped with a built-in fuse. When connecting, try to find short-circuit protection with a 0.5 A fuse.
When making the connections, carefully insulate all the wire connections, while the electrical tape is overlapped. Check how the supply wires are connected to avoid short circuits. Check system operation in all modes.
How to choose a rear view camera?
The answer to this question will be individual for everyone. It all depends on what you want and what you have. Simple rear-view camcorders cost somewhere around 50. They will help you when parking your car, but I must say that for this money they will offer you.
First, about the resolution of the camera. Everything, even cheap options, guarantee quite comfortable video for viewing and have the proper resolution.
Secondly, the camera must have good sensitivity. In fact, this is the ability of the rear view camera to work in low light conditions. Camcorders in black and white mode at night are more sensitive.
Thirdly, it depends on the angle of view of the camera. It usually starts from 120 degrees to 180 degrees. The larger the viewing angle, the larger the area and when the car is moving in reverse, you will be able to control when parking, you will be able to guarantee a safer movement. But a very large overview “panoramic effect” seems to many not very convenient.
Fourth, it depends on how the camera is mounted. They can be embedded, for example, they can be executed separately or they can be embedded in the frame under the registration plate.
Fifthly, if you have a multimedia recorder with an LCD screen, then you do not need to take a monitor to display the picture from the camera. If a radio tape recorder is not available and you are not going to install it, then you need to take a rear-view video camera with your LCD monitor. It is better to place a rear view camera in the middle for maximum coverage to the right and left of the parking area. If you push it strongly inward, then its edges will be “cut” by the bumper.
Don’t flaunt your camera. In this case, the camera will get dirty from flying dirt, and the camera can simply be stolen. You can place the video camera on the backlight of the rear license plate. If you move a little away from the car, then the camera is not visible.
Power and video signal wires from the rear view camera can be pulled into the luggage compartment through any plug in the area of the rear bumper or spare wheel. Take power for the camera from the power cable of the reversing light. It will be easier to disconnect the block that goes to the rear headlight and when the reverse gear is off, go over the contacts, find which contact is powered.
Then you need to connect a clip to this wire, it will be a green-white or red-white wire, one after the block, the other to the block. Pull the wiring to the monitor or radio, pull it on the left side, dismantle the sill covers and lay the wires better under the carpet of the passenger compartment.
When the wires are stretched, the search for power and power supply for the rear-view lamp begins, if you have a monitor, but this cannot be done for the radio. You should trace where it comes out of the dashboard and connect ahead of you.
From the above examples, it became clear how much clearer and more comfortable it became to park a car with a simple camera. Maybe the given result will be the final motivation for someone to install a video rear view camera on their car.
Installation and connection
The installation process is individual for each car brand. But a number of things in common with all machines can be noted. For work, you may need the following tools and materials:
- electric drill or screwdriver;
- soldering iron, acid, solder;
- a set of screwdrivers, stars and other keys;
- electric wires;
- glue or sealant;
- electrical tape or tape.
- You should start with the installation of the peephole. If there are special slots for the video sensor, then you just need to remove the plastic plugs and insert the device into the hole. But how to install a rear-view camera in those cars in which the manufacturer did not provide for such points? Using an electric drill and a drill of the appropriate diameter, a hole is made in the bumper next to the license plate. Then, using glue or sealant, the camera peephole is glued to the inside of the car part.
- Now you need to pull the wires from the camera into the luggage compartment. First you need to connect the negative wire (usually black) to the vehicle ground. Any bolt that connects something to the body will work for this. It is only important to sand the circle near the bolt or hole to ensure reliable contact. The positive lead (red) is best fed to the power cable of the reversing light. Then the power to the camcorder will be supplied only when the reverse gear is turned on.
- When the camera is connected to the car’s electrical network, you need to run the video cable through the passenger compartment and connect it to the monitor. The manufacturer usually equips the camera with a wire of sufficient length, so when choosing a “route” for laying, one should rely on the accessibility and aesthetics of the connection. So that the wire does not subsequently fall under the fasteners and is not accidentally damaged, it should be attached to the body or existing wiring using electrical tape or tape. It is not difficult to connect the video cable to the camera output and the display input, since the wire is equipped with connectors called “tulip”.
- The parktronic screen may have several similar connectors. Then you should adhere to the identity of the color on the wire and video input. Some cars have a display in the radio. In this case, there must be a special input for connecting a camera on the back of the music device.
- When the monitor is connected to the rear view camera, it remains to connect the display to the mains and install it on the dashboard. The negative wire is connected to the mass of the car in the most accessible place, and the positive wire is attached to the power wire of the reversing lamp. It is located in the area of the gearshift lever under the torpedo.
- The monitor can be attached to the panel using self-tapping screws, but it is better to use double-sided tape for mounting.
How to properly connect a rear view camera
Many modern cars already in the basic configuration have such a useful option as parking sensors. It helps novice motorists to park in tight city conditions, and also to feel more confident when reversing. The most visual and operational information about the situation behind the car is provided by a rear-view camera paired with a monitor located on the dashboard. Those motorists who do not have this useful option in their cars can install it with their own hands. The main problem in this work will be the question of how to independently connect a rear view camera. You can cope with the task with a calm and consistent performance of all technological operations.
There are many different camera models on the automotive market today. They differ in price, quality and technical parameters. Manufacturers care as much as possible so that the car owner can independently install and connect the device, having a certain set of skills and abilities.
- First of all, you should pay attention to the shape of the camera. The further installation procedure will depend on this. Some models are supplied to the retail network with special brackets, while other products must be introduced into the bumper, lighting or trunk lid.
- After choosing a suitable shape, you need to decide on the viewing angle. With a narrow focus of the video sensor, it can be difficult for the driver to assess the whole picture of the situation behind the situation. But the other extreme also negatively affects the responsiveness of the driver. With a large viewing angle, a lot of excess gets into the field of view, so it takes a motorist some time to focus on the main objects and subjects.
Preparing for installation
The introduction of a rear view camera will require the car owner to dismantle some of the trim elements and the simplest wiring skills. Removing plastic parts does not like haste. It is important to find all the fasteners and also determine the points where the latches are installed. Then, using a set of screwdrivers or sprockets, you can easily prepare the car for installation. Any work with the electrical wiring of the machine must be accompanied by the disconnection of the battery.
- First, you have to look into the trunk and determine the places where the wires from the camera enter the salon. There are usually additional plugs, or even better, run the wires next to the existing wiring.
- The “peephole” itself is usually installed in the bumper or in the license plate light. Each owner independently determines the best place for video surveillance in his car. Sometimes you have to completely dismantle the bumper, and someone is limited to removing the plastic strip for the license plate illumination. In some cases, the camera is conveniently placed in the license plate frame; some manufacturers prudently make special mounting slots for installing the camera.
- We’ll have to remove some parts in the front of the cabin. The torpedo and the lower part of the dashboard will have to be disassembled to gain access to the wiring and lead the wires to the monitor. Sometimes you have to pull out the car radio.
When most of the preparatory work has been completed, you can proceed with the installation.
Checking and setting
After connecting all the wires and devices, it is necessary to check the performance of the resulting video surveillance system. To do this, you need to connect the battery, turn the ignition key and engage reverse gear. If a picture with the required image appears on the monitor, you can safely proceed to the assembly of the interior trim.
Many cameras have an adjustable lens. It may be difficult to immediately assess the performance of the camera. Then you can turn the peephole in the right direction after several test drives.
Installing a camera with your own hands will not only save a significant amount of money, the car owner will know the connection diagram of the device, easily adjust the camera, and find the cause of the breakdown without outside help. Therefore, it is better to try once in order to subsequently avoid visiting the ever-busy masters of the service station.
If you liked the article, tell your friends by clicking on one of the buttons below.
How to install a rear view camera on a car (connection diagram)
Novice drivers still have a poor sense of the dimensions of their car, which is why, in very cramped circumstances, there are difficulties with parking. Also, experienced drivers, in search of a parking place in unfamiliar places, can bump into fittings sticking out of the ground or other obstacle, therefore, in order to protect yourself, your own and neighboring cars from visiting a service station, you should purchase a rear view camera.
It is also important to talk about the location of the camera. Thanks to the experience of those who have already dealt with this device, it can be noted that:
- the installation height should be from half a meter and above, otherwise it will be more difficult to navigate;
- usually for these purposes, they choose a license plate light in the center of the trunk (if we are talking about a passenger car);
- if this is a van with a double tailgate and an offset license plate, then you should think about arranging a different place, but also observing the height conditions.
You can also consider the option popular in recent years on the market with the purchase of a license plate frame with a built-in lens. Suitable only in case of a high location of the room.
Let’s summarize. The optimal installation site is a meter from the ground, strictly in the center. If the design features allow you to “hide” it in any niche in order to avoid unnecessary rainfall and splashes, subject to the above conditions, then this would be an ideal option.
What are the rear view cameras for a car
It should be noted here that in luxury cars and premium trim levels, it often comes by default and is tightly integrated into the multimedia complex.
But car owners without this option will have to choose and mount the device on their own. In addition, if a monitor is not provided, then you need to take care of its purchase.
But first, you should familiarize yourself with the types of cameras that the modern market offers:
- A universal option. The richest selection can be found in this niche. How to choose from such a variety below.
By itself, this format is convenient in that it will suit absolutely any car. The bottom line is that the kit includes a small lens in a waterproof case and a wire. You can connect it to a monitor, phone or car radio.
- Built in the license plate. Almost the same as the option above, the only difference is in the aesthetic component.
Not everyone will like the black box with a lens sticking out at the stern, and in this case the camera is almost invisible (it is better to use it on car models with a high license plate).
- Established or factory. Sometimes it’s wiser to purchase a camera from a car manufacturer.
Indeed, often premium configurations receive a camera as an option, wired, for example, into one housing with a brake light or a license plate light. Only in this case you will have to change the entire light source.
In any case, the installation instructions will be the same. It remains only to pay attention to the technical characteristics of the lens described below.
The camera comes with one RCA wire with a red and yellow tulip.
Connection is possible as follows:
- Find the tailgate power wire.
- Using a multimeter and control (light bulb), set “” and check the voltage (12V).
- Connect a wire with a black plug (included in the kit) to the red tulip. It also has red and black wires. Connect the red wire to the “” size, black to any nut (ground). On this we leave the red tulip alone.
We connect the yellow RCA to a long wire, which will then go to the salon to the monitor.
Note! Before starting work on connecting the camera, you must disconnect the battery.
Choice and purchase
When buying, Honor has the following nuances.
- Chamber working temperature range. Relevant for residents of Siberia.
- The presence of dust and moisture protection corresponding to the operational features. Ideally IP66 or IP67.
- Viewing angle. The camera must show at least 120 degrees to see the boundaries of nearby cars.
- Image quality. It will be more convenient to use a device with a color transmission and capable of night mode.
- Signal standard. For these purposes, the PAL or NTSC protocols are usually used. If they differ for the monitor and the camera, then there can be no talk of any interaction.
- The presence of markup. Some models have a built-in algorithm that applies the markings of the parking lot and the dimensions of the car directly to the reproduced picture.
Note! In fact, if the camera does not broadcast the markings, then, as most users claim, the device becomes almost useless.
If you buy a camera with a radio signal, then you will not have to touch the interior trim, apart from the torpedo.
Therefore, we will analyze the choice of a typical car owner. the camera is connected with wires to the multimedia screen built into the torpedo (or an optional touchscreen installed on the brackets).
Installation work includes the following steps:
- Remove the trunk trim (partly along the path of the wires).
- Remove the trim in the passenger compartment along the path of the wires of the rear lights.
- Remove the monitor from the torpedo.
- Drill the mounting holes (usually it is enough to make a hole in the attachment point).
- Install the device on the latches or bolts (depending on the model purchased).
- Connect the wires according to the instructions below.
Important! Basically, the trim elements are kept on clips and latches. Disassemble slowly, using a minimum of effort, so as not to damage the factory mounts.
If the desired element is planted on the sealant, it does not need to be ripped off. How to lay the wires, will be more in detail below.
In order not to make unnecessary holes and get by, so to speak with “little blood” it is worth pulling the wires (yellow tulip for connection to the monitor) through the corrugation in the trunk, through which the wires from the lanterns also go.
- Take a thick wire 30 cm.
- Make a hook on it.
- Fix a tulip on it.
- Before that, put on a heat shrink.
- Warm up the assembled structure so that the heat shrinkage shrinks.
After that, this structure (you can additionally coat it with oil) will be easily threaded through all the engineering holes through which the wires from the rear dimensions go.
In the cabin, it is already worth starting from the situation. If there is room, it is best to pull the RCA over the top of the door seal. If not, then on the threshold from the driver’s side.
Preparing for installation
Before installing the rear view camera on your vehicle, you will need to remove several trim elements of your vehicle. You should start work only if you have at least basic knowledge of the wiring device. It is especially important to remain calm when working with plastic elements, because a rush in this matter can lead to unpleasant consequences.
First of all, you should inspect the “front of work” and install all the points with latches, as well as find all the fasteners. This will allow you to quickly and easily prepare a car for the installation of this device using ordinary screwdrivers. In addition, it should be remembered that it is necessary to carry out any work on the electrical wiring of the car after completely disconnecting the battery.
How to install a rear view camera on a car with your own hands
The basic equipment of most modern cars initially includes such a useful device as parking sensors. This device helps not only beginners, but also experienced car drivers to park anywhere in the city, even in particularly tight spaces, and also gives a feeling of complete confidence when reversing the car. At the same time, the most useful information about the current situation is provided by a rear-view camera. This device, working in conjunction with the display on the dashboard, gives a clear idea of what is happening behind the car. Car owners who do not have this device can always connect it with their own hands. At the same time, everyone can cope with this task, the main thing is to clearly follow the instructions.
Dismantling some parts
- First of all, you should inspect the trunk and find the best entry points for wires from the device to the interior of the car. For this, most cars have special additional plugs and you can use them for this function. But it is better to stretch the wires with the wiring already present.
- Next, we decide on the place of installation of the “eye” of the video camera. Usually this device is mounted in the license plate light or directly in the bumper. Choose where to connect the rear view camera is more convenient for you. Sometimes for these purposes it is necessary to carry out a thorough dismantling of the bumper, but it is possible and limited to minimal alterations. For example, remove the plastic strip from the room lighting. In addition, this device can be installed in the license plate frame, because most manufacturers of these parts add special grooves for mounting such devices.
- You will also have to disassemble some of the details located in the front of the car interior. In order to get access to the wiring and connect the camera to the monitor, you will need to dismantle the bottom of the dashboard, as well as the torpedo. In addition, you have to pull out the car radio.
After completing these preparatory work, you can proceed to the next stage of installation of this device.
We connect the camera to the monitor
At this stage, we will analyze how to route the cable from the video camera to the monitor through the car interior. Most often, this device is equipped with a wire of the optimal length, therefore, it is quite possible that you will find the most aesthetic way of connection. Remember to attach the wire to the body in several places with electrical tape. This will allow you not to worry about accidental damage to the cable or getting it under the fasteners.
It will not be difficult to connect this wire with a video camera and a display, because it is equipped with a “tulip”. a special connector provided for this case.
All that remains is to connect the monitor to the wiring, after which you can install it on the dashboard. To do this, connect the negative cable (black) to the earth of the machine. This can be done in any convenient place. And positive, connect to the wire responsible for the operation of the rear light. You can find it under the torpedo, in the area of the gearshift lever. The display of the device can be attached to the control panel with screws, but it is better to use double-sided tape for this purpose.
Choosing a camera
Today, there is a wide and varied selection of rear-view cameras. over, each device differs in technical parameters, appearance, as well as cost and quality. But at the same time, each such device is made taking into account that an ordinary car enthusiast can do its installation, and not a high-level locksmith. What to look for when buying a camera:
- First of all, take a closer look at the form of the device, because how you will mount it in your car directly depends on it. There are models that need to be mounted separately on special brackets. While other devices will have to be embedded in car parts, such as lights or bumpers.
- An important factor when choosing this device is the viewing angle. A viewing angle that is too narrow will not give you a complete picture of the situation from behind. But you shouldn’t go to the other extreme and give preference to the maximum directivity of the video camera. Indeed, in this case, you will be presented with information about many unnecessary objects. So you have to think for a few seconds to concentrate on the main subjects.
How to install a rear view camera. Step-by-step instruction
The installation process for this device depends largely on the make of the vehicle. But there are some general rules that apply to all cars. To work you will need:
- Electric drill.
- Soldering iron.
- Insulating tape.
The installation process should begin with the installation of a peephole. If your car has special grooves for this device, then you need to pull out the plugs and insert the camera into the resulting hole. If your vehicle does not have such “amenities”, then make the desired hole with an electric drill. You yourself will choose the best place where to put the rear view camera. Then insert the peephole and fix it with sealant or glue.
In the next step, you need to pull the wires leading from the device into the trunk. Next, we connect the negative wiring (black) to the ground of the car. For these purposes, any fastener connected to the body is suitable. Just don’t forget to sand the area with sandpaper. this will ensure the most reliable connection. The positive charge wire (red) is optimally connected to the reversing light. In this case, electricity will be supplied to the device only after turning on the reverse gear.
Checking the work
Upon completion of all installation work, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the camcorder. In order to do this, you need to connect the battery, then start the car and engage reverse gear. If a picture from the camera appears on the display, you can start assembling the interior trim. Otherwise, disconnect the battery again and check if the wiring is connected correctly.
Even a novice motorist can cope with such a task. At the same time, hand-made installation will help save a lot of money and time, because you will not need to go to the repair shop and wait for the auto mechanics to be free.
Advantages and disadvantages of rear view cameras
- The viewing angle of the rear view camera is more than one hundred and thirty degrees. This is done specifically so that the car owner has the most complete picture of the outside environment.
- The rear view camera gives a mirror image, that is, what the driver sees in the monitor to his left is actually on the left. This helps to avoid confusion and the need to adjust to the camera’s vision.
- The disadvantages include poor visibility at night. There are cameras that allow you to get a better image at night, but because of the unnatural image, they are inconvenient to use during the day.
- Many drivers do not recognize this accessory and consider it unnecessary. However, a rear view camera can help beginner drivers to park and just make life easier for experienced drivers.
Rear view camera: rules for selection and installation
The rear view camera transmits the situation from the rear of the car to the monitor located in the passenger compartment. It allows you to park faster and easier, which is very important, especially at night and in big cities. Parking lots in residential areas are overcrowded, most people arrive at night, when almost all the parking spaces are already taken. A rear view camera allows you to more accurately make a parking maneuver without damaging your own vehicle or the car of your neighbors.
Which model to choose
When choosing a rear view camera for a car, you need to pay attention to several parameters:
- camera design;
- video output method;
- monitor on which the image will be displayed;
- camera optical system parameters.
The design directly affects the appearance of the vehicle. Installing the camera behind the rear window will not give the desired view, so you need to mount it from the outside, focusing on the bumper. By their design, cameras are standard, mortise, universal, built into the license plate frame.
Alfa Romeo 4C Wireless Reverse Camera Install
It is most convenient to use a camera that is least noticeable to others. The standard camera is placed in the place of the sign illumination or in a special hole for it. The mortise camera is installed directly into the bumper of the car. To install it, you will need to make a hole in this part.
The versatile camera mounts to any suitable surface. You can fix it with tape or screws. It is very noticeable, for fastening you will need to make holes in the case. The rear view camera in the license plate frame can be fitted to almost any car model. Unfortunately, it is very easy to steal it.
The camera should display the image on a device convenient for the driver. It can be an auto-navigator, a car device screen, a separate monitor mounted on the dashboard. The device must be compatible with the camera.
There are two ways to connect the camera and monitor. First wired, second wireless.
- The first method is carried out by cable. From the pros. this method does not depend on the quality of the connection. The difficulty lies in the need to run the cable through the entire cabin.
- The wireless method is carried out using radio waves. With this method, the equipment is much easier to install, however, radio waves can transmit images with interference. In addition, such a signal is valid only at a distance of no more than fifteen meters.
Most wireless cameras are conventional cameras with a radio module attached. The video signal is transmitted either using an FM connection or using a WI-FI connection. The first method is suitable for displaying on car navigators, the second for displaying on a tablet or smartphone. In the second case, a special application must be installed on the output device.
How to display the camera on the screen of the radio tape recorder
To display the camera on the screen of the radio, firstly, the radio itself must be equipped with a display and support video formats. If your radio tape recorder does not have these functions, then you can purchase a rear-view mirror already equipped with a built-in screen.
So, we connect the device to the monitor. To do this correctly, you must, first of all, carefully read the instructions for the equipment. Sometimes radio tape recorders have several inputs for camera plugs, in which case you need to be guided by color. Usually the radio input is located on the back wall. In order to connect the device, you will have to dismantle the music player.
After you have connected the monitor and the camcorder, you need to connect the radio tape recorder back to the network and insert it into place. Remember that a wire with a negative charge must be connected to the mass of the car in the most accessible place, i.e. it must be grounded, and the wire with a positive charge must be connected to the rear-view lamp. Usually the power cable of this lamp is located next to the gearbox.
You can also display the camera on the mirror screen. To do this, you will need to connect the mirror itself to the wiring in the car and carefully lay the wires. This can be done along the ceiling and lowered to the driver’s seat, hiding behind the dashboard. When buying such a mirror, be sure to pay attention to device compatibility. It is desirable that they are from the same manufacturer.
Camera model selection
The choice depends on what image quality you want to see on the monitor. Also, the main criterion for choosing a camera is the presence of a flashlight. This is necessary so that when parking in the dark, you can see all the obstacles on the way. Also, before buying a device, you need to decide for yourself what it will be:
- picture color. What kind of picture you will see on the monitor. black and white or color;
- online shooting at night and in poorly lit places;
- viewing angle;
- the quality of the transmitted picture;
- shockproof and waterproof case;
- the presence of the marking of the parking zone.
Installing additional gadgets
When installing a rear view camera, some drivers also install washers for it. Consider the installation process, since this is a necessary device, especially in slush conditions and off-road trips.
- an ordinary hose with a length of at least two meters;
- washer nozzle. It is not necessary to buy a new one, you can use an old one, for example, from any car, even from a Russian one. But, if you still decide to buy a new one, then you can safely purchase a nozzle for any car produced by AvtoVAZ;
- key for 10;
- plastic straps;
- tee for divorce;
- drill and drill in 6 mm.
The necessary material will be inexpensive, you will definitely keep within 100 rubles. Further, the action plan is the same as when installing the camera, so it is better to mount the camera and its washer at the same time.
Install a Rear View Reverse Backup Camera for only 30!
So, we remove the casing, disconnect all the wiring in case the hose passes, we pass the hose, bring one end of it into the hole of the rear view camera, install the nozzle on the hose, fix it, put the tee for water supply and you’re done! This procedure can take 1.5-2.5 hours, but your camera will always be clean and the image is clear.
If you install the device in a car workshop, then you can immediately ask to install a washer, it will not take much time from specialists.
Installing a rear view camera
As with any action, the installation must be done in stages. In fact, there is nothing complicated. So, let’s take a closer look:
- First, remove the entire trim inside the car. This must be done as carefully as possible so that later you do not have to spend additional funds on its restoration;
- set the display to which the image will be fed. You can display the image on the rear-view mirror, you can display it on a separate screen located directly under the radio tape recorder, or you can purchase a radio tape recorder with a screen and display the image on it;
- we connect all the necessary wires to the on-board computer. This is necessary in order for the information to flow to the screen;
- we remove all the wires, hiding them under the casing. For the best fastening and reliability, you can fix the wiring with ordinary tape to the frame of the machine, or fix it to the casing and to the frame using double-sided tape;
- we bring the wires to the location and fasten the sheathing in place;
- install the camera itself. It is best to install it so that it is minimally exposed to contamination, and when you open the trunk, you do not touch it at all. It is most convenient to place the camera above the number;
- we check the correctness of the camera. To do this, launch it and display the image on the screen. If there is an image, then everything is installed correctly. If it is not there, then the whole point is in the wiring or malfunction of the device itself.
Where to install
It is best to install the equipment in a location where it will be least affected and virtually invisible. This will protect it from both pollution and the actions of intruders. Typically, the camera is installed above the number, sometimes along the perimeter of the bumper. On some car models, you can see round holes covered with plastic on the rear bumper. A camera and more than one can be mounted in these holes. Everything directly depends on the car model. For example, on the Audi Q 7, the rear view camera can be installed under the trunk lid, above the number. Most models allow you to install the gadget just above the number. Some drivers also mount the device on the trunk lid. In this case, you may need more wiring than you expected. But if your machine has a ready-made solution for installing the device, it is better to use it.
There are not so many connection features. All devices are connected as standard, regardless of the model. Remember that the unit is powered by the rear light, so it must be connected to the wiring to this light. So that you can more clearly see how to install a rear view camera on different cars, we suggest you watch the video for each model:
As a rule, the camera comes with very detailed instructions for installing it on different car models. If the installation principle is the same, then a number of car brands are indicated simply by a list, which most often happens.
Installing a rear view camera on a car yourself
For novice drivers, a rear view camera is a great way to learn how to park properly and get a sense of the car’s dimensions. To install a rear view camera, you can contact a service center or install it yourself.
This function is called Parktronic and is now installed on almost all models at the factory. But if it is not installed, then you can install it yourself.
To do this, you just need to follow the instructions and everything will work out.