Connecting a printer via Wi-Fi router via usb cable
The idea to write an article on how to connect a printer to a computer through a Wi-Fi router using a USB cable, arose after a question of one of the readers of the blog. He referred to the video in which I talked about setting up in Windows 10 of a common access to the print server on the network. And now I decided to make up for this gap and make a text illustration to my lesson. I’ll show you how to make a wired printer wireless and connect to a computer or laptop on Windows via Wi-Fi network.
There are several ways in which it is possible to connect the printer to any computer inside the wireless local network via Wi-Fi. Let’s list them.
- Printer through a router. Optimal in price and practice, this is when an ordinary home printer that you have been using for many years, connects to the USB port of the router. In this case, you do not need to buy any additional equipment and chemize with any settings.
- Printer through a computer. First of all, we can give overall access to the printer, which is connected by a regular USB cable to a computer that has a Wi-Fi adapter. Thus, any other PC or laptop through an intermediary in the form of the main computer will be able to print documents. The disadvantage of this method is that such a scheme would cause one inconvenience. the computer would have to work all the time so that there was access to the printer. Agree, it is inconvenient, especially when it comes to a working machine at home, and not a small office computer allocated specifically for working with network devices.
- Print server. Print server, or a print server, is a separate device equipped with a Wi-Fi module, which is connected to an ordinary non-wireless printer and with which it can be made by a full-fledged network. It is convenient to use this option, ever, the printer is installed far from the router, or the latter does not have a USB port to connect it.
- Built-in printer Wi-Fi. A great option for those who have thought to change or purchase a new device. In the presence of a immediately built.in wireless module, the printer is directly connected to the router and is available for all network users. However, the printer is a reliable thing and we do not change it often, so in most cases it is impractical to buy a new expensive device.
Option No. 1. connect the printer to the computer over the network
This method is good only because it does not require additional costs. The main minus will be that the PC connected to the PC printer should always be turned on. If you turn it off, the access of all computers on the network to the printer will also be lost. If this suits you, then we will start setting up.
- We shame access for all devices that are on this local network. To do this, enter the “Start”, “Management Panel”, “Networks Management Center”,” Change additional parameters””.
- New window, expand the “Private (current profile) tab”, set the points opposite the line: “Turn on network detection”, “enable overall access”,” Allow Windows to manage connections””. And also install the bird opposite “Turn on automatic setting””. We persist.
- Make the same settings above, on all devices that are connected to your local network.
- We proceed to the installation. We go to the “control panel”, we find “equipment and sound” there or immediately you will see the “Devices and Printers” section, it all depends on the version of your Windows.
- The window opens where your connected printer will be displayed. Your task is to bring on it and press PKM and, from all sections, choose the “Printer properties”.
- The window opens, press “access” in it, put the bird “General access to this printer”, click “Apply”, “OK”.
- Now, so that all devices that on your network can use this printer need to be done: open the “conductor”, clat on the left side “Network”.
- Find in the PC list, which is connected by a wire to the printer and click on it twice. The window opens, it will have an icon of your printer. Click PKM and select “Connect“.
That’s all, you can try, print something. Now you know how you can connect to the printer on a local network thanks.
How to configure a printer with Wi-Fi
To get started with the printer on the network, you need to configure the router. The instruction for the router can help you with this. Given that there are a huge number of different routers, we will not linger at this stage. We hope that you will not have problems here.
It is important that to operate the printer in the connection mode to the Wi-Fi installation of the driver on the PC will not be enough. It is advisable to proceed to this procedure after setting up the printer itself.
After you set up a router, feel free to go to the All-In-One Printer settings and connect to the access point. There should also be no problems with the printer settings. Usually everything is intuitive there, and if difficulties arise, then you can get information from the user management.
Usually follows: 1) Setting up the Wi-Fi connection on All-In-One Printer (network setting-Wi-Fi is recommended-select the necessary network and enter the password).2) installing the driver on the PC connected to the same network as the printer is connected.
To do this, you can use the disk that came with the printer, or use the file from the official website of the manufacturer. During the installation of the driver, various dialogue windows will periodically pop up. follow the instructions not forgetting to refuse updates. When a window appears with a choice of connection method, select “Connection over the network”. Next will be a search for available devices that are connected to the same network as PC. From the displayed list, you need to select the right model and continue installation.
If when setting up a Wi-Fi connection on All-In-One Printer, the necessary network is not displayed, you need to go into the router settings and check the item called the Data Transfer channel or the Router Broadcasting Channel. Printing devices cannot perceive values consisting of two digits (10 and above). It is necessary to change this value to the one of the number (1-9) so that your network is displayed.
If the printer was previously connected by the cable, and now it has been necessary to work on Wi-Fi, these actions can be performed as follows: 1) We go into the following categories: the control panel and sound / device and printers.2) Click the right button on an empty background so that the context menu appears and select the “Add devices and printers” item or just click the button.
3) follow further instructions
Printer setup and preparation for work
The setting is much simpler than it might seem at first glance. Just follow the above instructions:
- The search for available printers has begun. We will not wait for its end and simply choose the point “The necessary printer is absent in the list”. Click.
Share any Printer through Modem / Router’s USB Port to Network PC or Laptop- Huawei hg814v5 Router
- The type of device select by tcp. We fill the other two lines with the address that we drove into the address bar of the browser to open the internal menu of the router. 168.0.1 you may have a different address.
How To Share A Printer On Network Wifi and LAN. Windows 10/8/7
- We got to the previous page where we chose special parameters. Now everything is chosen from us, so we click on the button further. Left a little.
- Now you need to install the drivers. Select your printer model and use the update center, or the disk from the manufacturer.
Fine! Next should come a message that the setting was successful and the printer is ready to print. This means that we successfully completed the setting.
Using this instruction, you can also connect the printer to other computers of your Wi-Fi network. Now any device can make a request to your printer to print documents. We hope that the article was useful for you, and you were able to learn how to connect a printer through a Wi-Fi router.
Solving problems with Wi-Fi
Office equipment has recently been equipped with a Wi-Fi module, offering the user to quickly and easy to make a printer with a network. Windows 8, 10, as well as later versions of Android, installed on smartphones and tablets, can not always work correctly with the printer on a wireless network. The problem lies in the compatibility of software with the operating system. Very often, users in the post-Soviet space do not have the opportunity to fully use the seal by Wi-Fi, the module of which is built into the printer.
In such cases, there are two solutions:
- Connect the printer to the router using USB according to the previously described instructions.
- Connect the printer via wireless connection WPS. Naturally, the router must have Print Server, support the existing printer model and the rapid connection of WPS should be tied to the print server.
Into a single whole
The print function was available not one, but on all your computers of the home network equipped with Wi-Fi modules, as well as on mobile gadgets, the printer must be connected directly to the router. This can be done in any available way: according to USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, the main thing is that both devices have at least one common intensity. And of course, for the router to support the printer.
If the devices do not have the same connection intenses or the router does not recognize your model, they can also be connected, but only through an intermediary. About what could be an intermediary, I will tell further.
Direct USB connection
The bulk of the printing devices of the home segment has only a USB port for communication with the outside world. The same nest should have a router.
- Turn off the power of both devices, as the working router, most likely, will not be able to determine the printer.
- Connect the USB-shener to the apparatus nests, then turn on the router and after a couple of minutes-the printer (this is time to withstand in order to load the first).
- Using LAN port or wireless communication, connect the router to the computer through which you will set up.
This is interesting: the Internet does not work on Wi-Fi on the phone with Windows Phone 8 (8.one)? Solving problems with the connection to Wi-Fi on Nokia Lumia
- Go to the route control panel by introducing IP Address 192 into the address bar of the browser.168.0.1 (used most often) or the one indicated on the label or in the instructions of the device.
- Logging, indicating the login and password of the administrator in the next window (pre.installed data for the first entrance are also indicated on the label attached to the bottom of the router).
Rinters equipped with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network modules is even easier to connect to the router. If both devices support WPS (QSS)-the technology of auto-compounding devices via Wi-Fi, it is enough to press the corresponding button on both other ones (there should be no more than 2 minutes between presses) or enter the PIN code that will give out the access point: the method depends on the specific implementation of technology.
If WPS is not supported, we do it as usual: we find our access point in the list of networks available to the printer and enter the password.
The Bluetooth connection is also nothing complicated: we turn on the option on both apparatus and after establishing the connection we enter a one.time access code.
Connecting a network printer to Windows 7 OS.
Check the connection of your printer using a web-intese, opening any browser and enter the address line http: // 192.168.one.one. In the window that appears, enter the login and password (Admin and Admin, respectively).
Next, go to the Start menu. control panel. devices and printers. add a printer (button at the top). In the window that appears, select “Add the local printer“:
In the next window, select the printer port (see. rice. 4). Go to the “Create a new port” item and select Standart TCP/IP Port in the drop.down list.
After pressing the “Next” button, the printer installation master will ask the IP address of the printer on the network, the printer address corresponds to the IP address of the router-192.168.one.one. Indicate it in the field name or IP address and remove the dick from the point “Surrender the printer and choose the driver automatically”. Click “Next”.
The window “Search for the port of TCP/IP” will open. Wait until the window appears to enter additional information about the port.
Select the type of device regular (Generic Network Card) and click further:
Now you need to install the driver for the printer. Select your model from the list or click on the “install from the disk” button and in the conductor indicate the path to the file with the driver. Then click on. Enter any printer name and press the button again. A window will appear with the printer installation process at the end of which the installation master will offer to configure the overall access to the printer through a local network.
Choose the option “There is no common access to this printer” and click on. The master will report the successful installation of the driver and offer to use the default printer. Now it remains to press the “Ready” button and configure the properties of the port.
Open the Start menu. devices and printers. Find your printer, click with the right mouse button and select the “Printer Properties” item. Go to the Porta tab, put a box on the port that you created earlier and click on the “Reference Port” button “
In the settings of the TCP port, select the LPR protocol and set the name. Now click OK to save settings.
Which printers are compatible with iPhone and Airprint?
This list is huge. There are hundreds of printers supporting Airprint. As a result, a simple viewing of the list probably will not help. Instead, find on the page the desired model using the “Find” command. On Mac Command F, search in your browser. On PC use Ctrl F.
Printing from your iPhone may not seem to be what you need to do often, but as smartphones become more and more integrated into work and personal life, the ability to print is becoming more and more important.
For any iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad under the control of iOS 4.2 or higher, print is carried out using AirPrint technology, which allows iOS devices to print on printers connected to Wi-Fi networks. The fact that the printer can connect to Wi-Fi does not mean that it supports Airprint, but the vast majority of them do it. Before assuming that your next printer supports AirPrint, find this list of printers compatible with AirPrint, or go to the website of your favorite printer manufacturer and find “Airprint compatible” in the specifications of the model you have chosen.