Indoor antennas are compact. When choosing, rely on the presence of an amplifier, because such devices have insufficient gain. Although, for an apartment, this will be an excellent option.
Search and tune available channels
When you have connected the set-top box to the TV, launch the tuner menu and:
- Find the tab that allows you to start the channel search. She is at the top of the list.
- Scan by clicking on auto search.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
Signal quality check
Signal quality check is considered a useful option, especially when using an antenna. Find the INFO button on the remote, and press it several times. This should bring up a hidden menu, where two scales will be demonstrated by which you can determine the quality. than 70% is considered a normal value. If this figure is less than the prescribed value, then move the antenna to another place to solve the problem.
Connecting a digital set-top box via tulips (RCA)
Tulips or RCA are used in all TVs and set-top boxes. The connection procedure is pretty simple. Just be guided by the colors. For example, the red cable should only be connected to the red connector and the white cable to the white one. These two wires are responsible for the transmission of a sound signal, and the yellow one gives a picture.
How to connect Samsung TV to digital TV without a set-top box
If you are using a non-old Samsung TV, you can use your digital TV without a receiver. The activation process itself does not require a lot of experience. Any user can customize the number, the main thing is to follow the instructions:
- Launch the main menu and go to the “Broadcast” tab.
- Click on “Auto-tuning”.
- Next, you will need to indicate the source. Select the antenna or connector you are using from the list.
- On the opposite type of broadcast, select “Digital broadcasting”.
- Put “Full” next to the search mode.
- Start Scan.
- The system will start detecting broadcasts by adding the channel names to the list.
- You don’t need to save anything manually, it happens automatically.
- Wait for the search to complete and click “Next”.
If the automatic search ended due to an error, or you noticed that it found far from all TV channels, then you can conduct a manual search. For this you need:
- Go to the parameters and select the “Channel” tab.
- Specify the country by location.
- Select frequencies. 298000-362000 kHz.
- In the next line, enter “Digital”.
- In the search type select “Network”.
Which Samsung TVs need a set-top box
It is worth noting that not all TVs require a receiver to operate digital TV. In some models, this function is built-in, so they do not need to connect additional equipment. These devices include TVs with Smart TVs, which require Wi-Fi to function properly and to provide advanced features.
A DVB-T2 receiver is found in many models since 2012. You will find them in the LS, M, Q, H, J, K, F, E series. To enjoy digital broadcasting, simply connect the antenna and start the initial setup with the remote. You will need to indicate the country of location, set the current time, search for channels (the system will perform the procedure automatically, just click on the “Ok” button).
If you are not sure if your model of device requires a receiver, then check its part number. Look at the batch number. For example, the attached screenshot shows that this model belongs to the “F” edition.
You don’t need a lot of equipment for digital broadcasting. It is enough to purchase an antenna and a receiver (if the TV does not support Smart TV). The main problem that users may face is the choice of antenna. There are two main types. indoor and outdoor. What is the difference and which option is better to buy?
Which Samsung TVs need a set-top box
Some Samsung models support digital TV without receiver. These TVs already have a built-in Smart TV and can easily connect to your home Wi-Fi. A tuner with DVB-T2 support is built-in by the manufacturer in models released later than 2012. This includes the series. LS, M, Q, H, J, K, F, E. They do not require a separate set-top box, just connect the antenna and perform the initial setup through the main TV menu.
To find out if you need a receiver, you need to check your TV model. The number is located on the back panel. In the picture shown, the device belongs to the F series.
When choosing an outdoor antenna, consider the recommendations:
- Choose a device without an amplifier. Outdoor antennas do not need similar equipment.
- Give preference to directional antenna types.
- If you plan to set up digital TV in a country house, where there are rather difficult conditions for signal reception, then purchase wide-angle antennas.
- For more difficult conditions, choose with a preamplifier.
Many models of indoor antennas are supplied with an amplifier included in the kit. This is due to the fact that the presented devices do not differ in high amplification rates.
Connecting a digital set-top box to a Samsung TV via tulips (RCA)
Connecting through tulips is the most affordable option. RCA outputs are available on all device models. Connect the cables by color. red to red, white to white, etc. If an image is transmitted through the yellow wire, then the other two are responsible for sound transmission.
Which antenna to choose
First of all, you should find out the distance to the nearest television tower. If the repeater is not far away, then a simple antenna will do.
Thus, the following classification can be presented:
- Indoor antennas. Good performance when receiving a signal if the repeater is located nearby. in a city or close to a house. The distance to the tower should not exceed 15 kilometers.
- Outdoor. In the case when the tower is at remote distances, then choose a device that works in the decimeter range. That is, it should pick up frequencies from 470 to 860 MHz.
Do you want to set up digital TV in a country house where the tower is located at a great distance? Choose an antenna with an amplifier.
How to connect a digital TV box to a Samsung TV
How to connect a digital set-top box to a Samsung TV. this question arises for many who have recently started using digital TV. Some TV models do not support this format, but this problem is solved by the receiver. In the article we will consider which TVs need a set-top box, how to choose an antenna and the connection procedure.
How to connect Samsung TV to digital TV without a set-top box
Modern Samsung devices connect to digital TV without a tuner. The configuration process is not complicated, because it is carried out automatically by the system itself, just select the desired parameter. Instructions:
- Open the menu and enter the “Broadcast” section.
- Select automatic setup.
- When choosing source, specify the connected antenna or the input used.
- In the “Channel type” tab, click on “Digital broadcasting”.
- In the search mode item, select. Full.
- Click “Scanner”.
- The detected broadcasts will appear in the list. They are saved automatically. Wait for the system to complete the procedure.
- Autosearch can be restarted if necessary.
In some cases, manual configuration may be required. For example, when autosearch fails or does not find the entire list of broadcasts. For manual tuning, go to the “Channel” section in the menu and select the connected cable instead of the antenna.
- In the country tab, change to Russia or Eastern Europe.
- Go to “Cable Search Settings”.
- Use the remote control to specify the frequencies. 298000-362000 kHz.
- Select “Digital”.
- Search type. Network.
How to Connect to Digital TV: Choosing a Broadcast Format
Thus, connecting the receiver to the TV is necessary in order not only to receive the signal, but also to decode it. A wide variety of equipment can serve as a receiver in such cases. His choice directly depends on the broadcast format itself.
The choice of the receiver for the TV will depend on the broadcasting format.
Cable TV. If such a broadcasting model is selected, then the picture is already displayed on the screen in a certain format. Here, instead of the receiver, a special wire with a high bandwidth is connected, which only transforms the signal, which is encoded into the DVB-C format. The equipment itself, which receives the signal, is installed in a place indicated by the provider, which is responsible for its uninterrupted operation.
Helpful advice! The need to connect an amplifier for a digital signal encoded in the DVB-T2 format depends on the distance of the antenna from the repeater.
Satellite television. This is the earliest format that appeared in the days of analog broadcasting and even now broadcasts digital channels such as DVB-S. Satellite TV provides a number of benefits to broadcasters, requiring a minimum of infrastructure for broad signal distribution. Signal reception is provided by satellite reflector antennas, the so-called dishes. Before distribution, the signal is encoded in the DVB-S2 format. This is the second generation of digital broadcasting.
Terrestrial TV or DVB-T. It is the current alternative to analogue TV that works on the same principle. Signal reception is carried out through a decimeter antenna capable of receiving frequencies of terrestrial analog and digital satellite TV broadcasting in the range from 0.3 to 3 GHz. For decoding, use a digital receiver to the TV. How to connect the equipment, we will consider further.
Digital TV connection options depending on the broadcast format
How to set up a digital set-top box to your TV and tune all channels
Depending on which device needs to be connected, the type of connection itself and, accordingly, the settings are selected. They are conventionally divided into three categories:
You can set up the set-top box and channels through connecting a satellite receiver
- Connecting to a TV with a built-in digital tuner without using a set-top box. In this case, to tune TV channels, it is enough to select TVK for each of the multiplexes and simply set autosearch. The setting will take place in automatic mode. The channels found during the search will also be saved automatically.
- Connecting to a TV using a digital set-top box. In this case, as a rule, they use a simple and inexpensive receiver designed for broadcasting digital television of the T2 standard on an old TV model. Before setting up a digital set-top box, Honor should make sure all tuners are connected via an A / V cable. To do this, you need to turn on the AV channel in the TV receiver and only then use the autosearch on the set-top box.
- Connection via satellite receiver. Such devices function differently and, despite the broadcast format, they receive each broadcast as a simple signal, but of a certain frequency. There are thousands of TV channels at their disposal here, which have their own base frequency, so automatic tuning is carried out over the entire frequency range of decimeter waves, and this will take quite a lot of time. In this case, it is better to use manual channel search. This will allow you to immediately create your own channel rating.
DVI connector types: DVI-DVI cable specifications
There are several types of DVI connectors, the characteristics of which must be understood in order to properly connect the set-top box to the TV. Among them are the following:
- Single link DVI is a single mode cable that uses four twisted pairs of wires of different colors. These are the so-called green, blue, red and clock signals. They make it possible to broadcast a signal of 24 bits per pixel, which helps to achieve the maximum resolution. 1920×1200 (60 Hz) or 1920×1080 (75 Hz).
- Dual link DVI is a dual mode that doubles the bandwidth for 2048×1536, 2560×1080 or 2560×1600 screen resolutions. In this case, for large LCD screens (over 30 ″) with high resolution, you will need a video card with a dual-channel output, called
- DVI-D Dual-Link. A monitor with a maximum screen resolution of 1280×1024 requires a simple tulip cable. DUAL LINK is inappropriate here, as it serves to connect to monitors with higher resolution.
Speaking about the types of DVI connectors, the following devices should be mentioned:
- DVI-A Single Link, where the letter “A” stands for analog, that is, purely analog transmission is assumed;
- DVI-I, where “I” indicates that both analog and digital transmission is contemplated;
- DVI-D, where the letter “D” stands for digital-only transmission.
Today there are several types of DVI connectors
A special version is the DVI-DVI cable, produced in a length of 1.8 m. It is intended for broadcasting video signals in digital format between video devices that transmit and receive a signal. over, they have a DVI interface. This can be a computer, monitor, video projector, or LCD.
HDMI adapter: functional features
Tulip HDMI is a connector that connects a high bandwidth coaxial cable. It is installed in almost all advanced modern tuners and televisions. If the receiver is equipped with several inputs for the purpose of a different connection method, then the HDMI connector should be used.
Important! Considering the HDMI connector as a means of connection, it should be noted that it is he who is responsible for high-quality images in Full HD format.
The disadvantages of the HDMI connector include the lack of a function for supporting analog TV broadcasting, which is unacceptable for those users who broadcast few channels in digital format (mainly analog TV channels).
Almost all modern set-top boxes and TVs are equipped with an HDMI connector.
How to connect a Set top box to TV HDTV LCD LED Plasma or Smart TV
An RCA HDMI adapter is a cinch to HDMI to RCA converter. Such converters are usually used to connect older (in terms of inputs) but high quality (in terms of image) devices to HDMI inputs on modern devices. An inexpensive HDMI-SCART converter serves as an analogue of such adapters. In such a connection scheme, a triple cable with an adapter of the “tulip” type is usually used, which transmits video and sound in analog format, and HDMI. for obtaining digital image quality.
It should be noted that various USB ports are used as power supplies for the converters, which absolutely does not affect the quality of the signal converted using such an adapter. To be sure of this, it is advisable to test the adapter for compatibility. The check is especially important for HDMI-RCA adapters, since there is no conversion chip in the middle of the cable, which can affect the functionality of the device. That is why a converter is needed.
How to connect a DEXP digital set-top box to a Panasonic and Toshiba TV
The most popular digital set-top box company is DEXP. These devices are quite reliable in operation, easy to set up and at the same time relatively inexpensive. The only problem arises when connecting a set-top box to a TV, since it can be done in several ways. Therefore, you should study in more detail the instructions for a specific model and compare it with the instructions for connecting to a specific TV.
Before connecting a digital set-top box to Toshiba TVs, you should determine the age of the device model. If your old Toshiba TV works flawlessly, then you can simply reconfigure it to receive digital broadcasting. To do this, you need to purchase a universal tuner. Then a cable is connected to the installed antenna, the tuner is connected to it, and the set-top box is connected to the TV.
How to Connect a Set Top Box to Your TV
After connecting, you should configure the channels. To this end, using the remote control, you need to go to the TV menu, to the “Settings” section, select the “Country” window and click on the desired option. After that, in the input selection line, click on the word “Cable”, and below select the “Automatic setup” pointer, confirming the action with the “OK” command. In the new window, select the DTV search mode, and then in the submenu. “Fast scan”, setting the following search values: start and end frequency. 274000 and 770000, modulation. 256, speed. 6750. The network parameter must be automatic.
The DEXP brand is the most popular and demanded among console manufacturers
When it comes to how to connect a digital set-top box to a PanaSonyk TV, Honor should have less popularity of this brand. At the same time, the devices are easy to configure. Some of the values for most models are set by default, so there is no need to manually set them. After entering them, you just need to accept the terms of the agreement (at the bottom of the screen), after which the automatic channel search will begin.
HDMI VGA adapter: features and functions
An HDMI to VGA converter is used to convert a digital signal from digital quality equipment with an HDMI output to an analog signal that is fed to the VGA input. The HDMI-VGA converter has gained great popularity due to the functionality to connect a video card with HDMI output to analog screens of previous generations with VGA input.
The HDMI-VGA adapter is additionally equipped with an audio cable 50 cm long.An analog video signal from the adapter input is transmitted to the VGA-input of the monitor, and the audio signal goes through the cable to a monitor with built-in speakers, speakers or a stereo system.
HDMI to VGA adapter has many positive characteristics
The HDMI-VGA adapter has a relatively light weight and size. The package includes an adapter, an audio device cable with a standard 3.5 mm jack. It is a mini converter with support for 720P-1080i-1080P resolution, so it is suitable for different kinds of devices.
Thus, the main features and operation of the VGA to HDMI adapter are due to such characteristics as:
- compact dimensions of the adapter;
- HDMI digital video stream is converted to analog VGA signal with audio signal output to 3.5 mm jack;
- maintaining video output with a resolution of 1920×1200, 60 Hz;
- support for HDMI 1.4 version;
- converter parameters: width. 49 mm, length. 23 mm, height. 5 mm.
Helpful advice! The HDMI-VGA adapter does not need additional recharge, so it can operate quietly for a long time, powered by connected devices, without failing.
The HDMI to VGA converter is compact and versatile
How to connect a set-top box to a TV: equipment and accessories
The transition to one of the digital broadcasting formats requires the availability of certain equipment, which has its own special configuration. Devices designed for organizing each digital television format are required in a complete set. The most expensive is equipment for satellite television, including a receiver, a receiving head (there may be several of them) and a reflector.
A universal device for any digital TV format is a set-top box that has several purposes at once:
- Decoder. Signal decoding and image transmission to TV in both MPEG-2 and MPEG.4.
- Dashboard. Using the receiver, you turn on digital TV and control channels, as well as receive a signal when using the remote control.
- Content support. The set-top box is used to set up television and unblock paid channels.
Depending on the type of model and the purpose of the receiver, the devices are conventionally classified into profile and universal. In turn, the profile is divided into cable, digital and satellite. Universal are versatile, therefore they have a large number of connectors. over, each of them performs a specific function.
To connect the TV to digital format, you need to purchase a receiver
USB to TV: connection for viewing photos
Modern Android devices do not support USB Mass Storage, so your TV will not treat your device like a real external drive.
It assumes that your TV or monitor has a USB input capable of displaying files from a connected storage device.
Just connect the cable to your phone and then to the TV. By connecting the standard end of the USB cable to the display, change the input on the TV to USB.
On Android, you will probably need to change your USB settings to Transfer Files or Transfer Photos (PTP) by dragging notifications from the top of the screen when connected. In the menu, tap USB charges this device notification to change it.
Please note that this does not work with all TVs, in some cases the USB ports are solely for firmware updates.
Wait What is One Connect Box?
Have you met yet? Let me introduce you to your new best connection friend. Pick up an invisible connection and follow it to the end. There is no pot of gold, but QLED TV does have a One Connect Box, a small port box that sits at the end of an invisible connection. § This is what allows you to move devices out of sight. Let’s see what else you can connect to One Connect Box.
What else is needed: additional equipment
In addition to the set-top box itself, you will need to connect:
Just plug and play for video consoles
When you’ve gotten the latest game console or new media player, you’re in for the fun right away. Well, QLED TV is about to change your life. Here’s how to connect your DVD player to your TV (or Blu-ray!) Connect its HDMI cable to the One Connect Box. This is it. Or, if you’re wondering how to connect your gaming devices to your TV, it’s the same thing. Plug in the One Connect Box and get ready to win. It’s that simple!
Setting up channels through the set-top box is carried out according to the step-by-step instructions for this device.
- The set-top box and TV turn on.
- In the menu of the receiver, the item “Settings” is selected.
- We select the country and the type of signal. For Russia it will be DVB-T2.
- Turns on the item “Automatic signal search” or similar.
- The receiver goes through the frequencies available to it and detects the channels available on them.
- If the programs are found, you need to select the “Save” item in the menu. After that, the found channels can be viewed.
- If no channels are found, you can try to find them using manual tuning. To do this, you need to enter. which is broadcast in the area. After channels are found, they are also stored in the STB’s memory.
The image lags or freezes
is usually associated with the following reasons:
Unlike analog TV, in “digital” the receiver tries to recover the signal. Therefore, with strong interference, instead of ripples and hiss, there will be pauses in the sound, “cubes” on the screen, frame slowdown. If the interference is due to weather conditions, wait out. If the operation of some devices nearby (for example, the traffic police radar: sometimes they interfere with reception). try to change the setting by finding another frequency;
- Outdated software.
This is typical for satellite TV. Here you need to get the update kit via the info channel or computer;
- Hardware conflict.
Sometimes Chinese-made TVs receive a signal in an extremely peculiar way. Here you can try to reflash the TV in a specialized workshop.