How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a laptop, phone and other devices: step-by-step instructions
A portable Bluetooth speaker is a compact device for amplifying the sound volume of a playback device and playing audio files. It can be connected to a computer, audio system, smartphone and almost any gadget via Bluetooth or 3.5 mm mini jack to enjoy music anytime, anywhere.
Ways to connect to different devices and step-by-step instructions
The way of connecting a portable audio speaker depends on the type of playback device, whether it has Bluetooth function or a wired connector.
Wi-Fi, mobile phone, microwave oven are devices operating in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band, and therefore may adversely affect the performance of the Bluetooth speaker. To identify this negative factor, you need to turn on the speaker and place it next to one of the potential interference generating devices. If the music plays with noise, you need to change the frequency settings for sending and receiving data on the playback device and speaker so that they do not work at the same frequencies.
How to connect to a phone or tablet
It is easier to connect Bluetooth speakers to mobile devices than to a laptop and especially a stationary PC, which requires a wired connection or the installation of a Bluetooth module. To pair the speaker with your phone or tablet, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu section of the phone.
- Open the “Bluetooth” tab.
- Select the option “Turn on Bluetooth”.
After completing the above steps, a list of devices available for pairing will open. If the name of your portable audio device does not appear in the list, you can search for it. After the equipment is connected, the smartphone will save its name in the list of available devices and the next time you connect, you will not need to search.
Incorrectly connected speaker
If the device is paired with a computer or laptop, it may intermittently lose communication with it due to improper connection. Updating the connection is simple. you need to uncheck the box with a headset in the connected devices window and instead click on the sound settings of the wireless speaker, choosing the desired configuration.
How to turn on the radio
To tune the radio on the speaker, you need to insert a USB cable into it, which acts as an antenna. After that, you need to press the power button and the adjacent button with an hourglass sign for the radio to turn on. It is configured using the Play / Stop buttons, and the search for radio stations is carried out with the “plus” and “minus” buttons.
Charge your Bluetooth speaker
The device is charged by connecting it to a computer, laptop or a network adapter with a connector for a micro USB plug.
Connecting “Alice” to the Internet
If you have just purchased a speaker, then in order to activate it, give the device access to the Internet. Here is an algorithm on how to connect the “Alice” column to Wi-Fi:
- Plug the speaker into a power outlet.
- On the phone, connect to the Wi-Fi network to which you plan to connect the speaker (frequency. at 2.4 GHz).
- Download the official Yandex application on Google Play or the App Store. If the software is already installed on the device, update it to the latest version.
- How to connect “Alice” (speaker) through the phone? Open the program on your device, log into your Yandex account.
- If you have a Yandex subscription, enter the profile on which it is activated. you will be able to use the subscription on the column.
- Let’s continue to analyze how to connect the Yandex-column Alice via the phone. In the Yandex program, go down to the “Devices” item.
- Then follow the path: Device Management. Add. Smart Column.
- How to connect the column “Alice” to the Internet? Select the desired Wi-Fi network from the list, dial the code if necessary.
- Put the phone to the speaker, click on “Play sound”.
- Within a few seconds, a connection will be established. the voice assistant himself will say this.
How to connect a mini-speaker “Alice”? Use the same instruction.
Connecting “Alice” to the TV
Please note: you can only connect the big Yandex.Station to your TV, not Mini. With the help of such “Alice” you can watch movies and TV-channels on the big screen.
Thus, the big Yandex.Station will play the role of a set-top box, but without a remote control. all commands are performed only by voice. How to connect the station “Alice” (column)? It’s simple: connect the speaker to your TV using an HDMI cable. If the connection was successful, you will see the familiar “Alice” interface with a text representation of voice queries and search results on the display.
How to connect the speaker “Alice” to the TV? You don’t need to do anything. the smart electronic assistant will do everything you need. To watch a movie or TV series, it is enough to tell the station: “Alice, turn on the movie (title).” The device will search for it in Amediatek, Kinopoisk, ivi and other supported services.
You know what the “Alice-mini” column is, how to connect this station to the phone. But there is also an unofficial way to output sound to Yandex.Station from a TV or computer via HDMI. However, remember that such actions may lead to a malfunction of the installed software:
- Follow the link in your browser: https://quasar.yandex.ru/skills/
- Launch DevTools.
- In the same DevTools go down to the Network tab.
- Then you will need to open the column page along the path: Device Management. Yandex.Station.
- Try changing any of the values. For example, for the screensaver, select not a photo, but a video.
- This will get you set_device_config request
- Right-click on the line with it, click on “Copy”, and in the drop-down menu select Copy as fetch.
- In DevTools open “Console”, paste the copied text.
- Find the line body “:” \ “location_override \”: \ “home \”, \ “name \”: \ “Yandex Station \”, \ “screenSaverConfig \”: \ “type \”: \ “VIDEO \” “
- Then insert the following: body “:” \ “hdmiAudio \”: \ “true \”, \ “location_override \”: \ “home \”, \ “name \”: \ “Yandex Station \”, \ “screenSaverConfig \” : \ “Type \”: \ “VIDEO \” “
- After these actions, it remains to press the Enter button and on “Finish”.
If this method does not work, then you can try another one:
- Go to any of the browsers at the link: https://yandex.ru/quasar.
- Pressing F12, launch DevTools.
- Go to the Console tab and enter the following text: window.storage.permissions.showHdmiAudio = true
- Press Enter.
- Now it’s time to go to the page of your Yandex.Station. you will see on it a new switch “Sound transmission over HDMI”.
The result of these unofficial settings. you can output sound from the TV to the speaker, which will give it louder and more surround sound.
How to connect the column “Alice”?
Today we will figure out what needs to be done to activate the speaker with the voice assistant “Alice”, how to connect it to Wi-Fi for the first time. Let’s consider how to connect the “Alice” column for all possible use cases:
Connecting the Alice speaker to a computer or laptop
You can freely use the mini-station “Alice” as a wireless speaker for broadcasting music from a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. How to connect the Yandex-Alice column here? To do this, you need the following:
- Tell the column: “Alice, turn on Bluetooth”.
- Another option for activating the Bluetooth module: hold down the microphone mute button on the speaker for a few minutes. until the backlight of the device starts blinking.
- How to connect a column “Alice” to a computer? After that, turn on Bluetooth already on your PC or laptop, start the search for wireless devices.
- Select a column from the list that appears and connect to it. The standard name is usually: Yandex.Station-XXXXXX.
- Wait until the light ring on the device stops flashing. this means that the connection is established.
- Turn on music and enjoy high quality sound.
Before connecting the Yandex-Alice speaker to your phone or computer, keep in mind that as long as music is being played via Bluetooth, it will not be possible to use it as a virtual assistant. In order for Alice to hear you again, you need to disconnect the wireless connection. If you have previously paired the speaker with your computer or smartphone, then in its list “Alice” always remains in the visible section.
Are you looking for how to connect a smart speaker “Alice” to a computer? Please note that without Bluetooth, via an HDMI cable, you will not be able to connect a smart speaker to a PC. at this stage, Yandex.Stations (in official mode) do not provide audio output via HDMI.
Connecting the speaker Alice to the phone
Let’s figure out how to connect the “Alice” column to the phone. You can use the speaker with the virtual assistant “Alice” to listen to music from your smartphone. Use a simple life hack:
- Ask the speaker to activate Bluetooth. For example, say: “Alice, turn on Bluetooth”.
- Then turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- How to connect a smart speaker “Alice”? A list of devices available for pairing will appear on the screen. select the column with “Alice”.
- As soon as the devices are paired, you can listen to music, podcasts, audiobooks and any other sound from your phone through the speaker.
How to connect a speaker to a phone via Bluetooth, USB and AUX
Do you want to enjoy your favorite music on your mobile device, but the volume and bass are not enough for you? Read our instructions and you will learn how to connect the speaker to the phone in three different ways:
- Via bluetooth
- Via USB and AUX cable (if the speakers do not have their own power supply)
- With an AUX cable (if the speakers have their own power supply)
If you know how to connect, but you can’t do it, at the bottom of the article we have collected recommendations that can help solve the problem.
Bluetooth speaker connection
Let’s consider how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone. This method is very convenient, since you do not have to use wires when connecting.
In addition, unlike ordinary speakers (for example, from a computer, or a music center), Bluetooth speakers usually have a small size and stylish appearance, such as this small model from Nokia:
A big plus is also the compatibility of almost all wireless speakers and smartphones with each other, regardless of the manufacturer. For example, you can easily connect a Sony Bluetooth speaker to a Samsung phone.
Connecting Bluetooth speakers on smartphones with Android and iPhone is carried out in the same way:
How to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Mobile
- Turn on the speaker and activate Bluetooth on it (if it does not start automatically);
- On the phone, go to the “Settings” (or “Options”) menu;
- Open the Bluetooth section;
- Move the slider of the same name to the right to activate the wireless connection and start searching for available devices;
- After the list of devices is displayed, find the name of your speaker in it and click on it within a few seconds, a connection should be made, and the speaker should make a sound or change the color of the indicator (depending on the model);
- Try playing music on your phone. The sound should play from the speaker.
If you have a JBL speaker, read a separate instruction on how to connect a JBL speaker to your phone
By the way, almost all wireless speakers have a 3.5 mm jack, which means they can be connected via an AUX cable. The main thing is that your phone also has such a connector.
Connecting a speaker via an AUX cable
To connect the speaker to the phone via AUX, the speakers must have their own power source (battery or plug for connecting to an outlet).
- Include columns
- Insert one end of the cable into the headphone jack on the speakers
- Insert the other end into the 3.5 mm jack on the phone
An icon or signature with the text “Audio jack connected” should appear on the display of the mobile device.
Connecting a wired speaker to the phone via USB and AUX
If the speakers do not have their own power source (for example, some ancient Sven speakers) and can only be powered via USB, then to connect you will need:
- Adapter from regular USB to mini or micro USB (depending on your phone model)
- USB cable
- AUX. cable.
- Insert the adapter into the phone jack, and into it the USB cable from the speakers. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the speakers themselves. Thus, the phone will be used as a power source
- Connect devices with an AUX cable.
With this method of connection, it is better to use speakers with an amplifier so that there is no extraneous noise and low-quality sound.
If the speaker does not connect to the phone
If the speaker does not connect to the phone via Bluetooth, or the connection is made, but the sound from the speaker does not come, then try the following recommendations:
- Restart your phone first (it helps a lot)
- Make sure the speaker is in Bluetooth mode correctly. Usually this can be seen by the indicator on the dynamics, but to be sure, look at the instructions.
- Make sure there are no other Bluetooth connections (such as headphones) at the moment. The phone can only connect to one gadget at a time.
- Some speakers have a “weak” Bluetooth module and only work in close proximity to the smartphone. To eliminate the influence of this fact, try connecting two devices at a minimum distance from each other.
- Reset the speaker settings. It is usually done by pressing multiple buttons at the same time. The combinations vary from model to model, so see your speaker manual.
- If the connection was made, but the sound does not go, then try to break the connection, and then, in the Bluetooth settings menu of the phone, click on the name of the speaker, and then select the “Forget this device” item. After that, search for available devices again and try to connect.
- Try connecting your smartphone to another device. If it also does not connect to it, then most likely there is a software malfunction. In this case (if rebooting or updating the system did not help), do a factory reset on your phone.
- If none of the above helped us, then perhaps there is a malfunction in the operation of the Bluetooh module of one of the devices. In this case, it is worth contacting specialists.
In this article, we described how to connect speakers to your phone: via Bluetooth, USB and AUX. We hope this tutorial helped you.
For more instructions on wireless speakers, see the Speakers section
How to solve the arisen problems
Why does my smartphone not see the bluetooth headset? This question can be encountered quite often. It’s just that such a headset has been very popular for many years. Since it is quite convenient, especially for drivers. In addition, taking into account the traffic rules, it is prohibited to talk on the phone while driving. That is why wireless speakers and microphones are used. But, despite this, most users do not know how to use them.
Why you need to know certain nuances and rules of use. In addition, you first need to pair the devices. In other words, add the headset to the list of connections. over, in order to prevent some inconvenience, after synchronizing the device, the speakers will not be connected by other phones.
- Discharged battery.
- Sync mode not enabled.
- Headset disconnected.
There are few reasons why the smartphone does not see the headset. And they all consist of the equipment that connects. It’s just that there are almost no settings on smartphones. You can only enable and disable Bluetooth and activate the discovery mode.
Attention! There are simply no other reasons, since no settings exist. In addition, Bluetooth operates on the same frequency, so there are no divisions by brand and manufacturer of speakers.
What difficulties may arise
If the Android phone does not see Bluetooth, then in this case it does not matter whether the phone model or the Djibiel speakers are. The Bluetooth standard is universal and in case of problems, there are several reasons for malfunctions:
- Bluetooth is disabled in the smartphone. This is the first thing to check. Open your smartphone settings, make sure the mode is active.
- The speakers are either discharged or disabled. In certain speakers, the power key must be held for at least 5 seconds to activate the headset.
- The headset was synchronized with other equipment or not properly connected. In some cases, a headset that has been paired via bluetooth with another device cannot be connected to a new smartphone. It’s just that the headset is automatically connected to the first phone, and after that the synchronization mode is turned off. To activate it again, you must hold down the power key until the indicator lights up. A window for entering the connection code will appear on the smartphone. Standard code. 0000.
Connecting the speaker to the phone via bluetooth: features
At the outset, it’s worth noting that speaker manufacturers have some standardization. So, there are two main connection methods:
- Connecting via Bluetooth. This feature is found on any tablet or smartphone. Therefore, this method is considered universal. It also does not require wires, but this option is considered the most energy-consuming.
- Connection via audio cable. Certain manufacturers install a suitable connector for Bluetooth speakers. This has a clear advantage: sound is transmitted through the wire much better.
Reference! It is very rare that manufacturers of Bluetooth speakers use any other options for sound reception. For example, some may use Wi-Fi for this. But this method is not universal, since not all smartphones can transmit sound via Wi-Fi.
How To Connect Bluetooth Speaker To Phone || CONNECT BLUETOOTH SPEAKER TO PHONE
How to connect a speaker to a phone via bluetooth
Nowadays, a smartphone is not only a communication method. This gadget is actively used for listening to music and watching videos. But there is one caveat. the phone’s speakers do not always produce high-quality sound. Therefore, some users connect Bluetooth speakers to their smartphone.
Step-by-step connection of the speaker via bluetooth to the phone
If you purchased a Bluetooth speaker, you will certainly want to connect it wirelessly. Typically, Bluetooth is used for wireless connection. His version does not matter. it only affects the energy consumption and the radius of reception.
The easiest way is to wirelessly connect a bluetooth speaker if it and the phone are equipped with an NFC chip. If it is available, then you just need to put the headset to the cover of the smartphone, after which the devices are synchronized with each other in automatic mode. you will only need to confirm this connection by pressing the “Ok” button.
If there is no NFC in one of the devices, then it will be necessary to connect manually. Most often, this only needs to be done once. This is done in this way:
- Activate the wireless speaker with the power button.
- Go to the notification panel on your phone.
- Hold your finger on the Bluetooth key. You can also go to the corresponding menu using the “Settings”.
- In this case, you must first enable Bluetooth, if it was previously disabled. For what you need to use the appropriate switch, which is located at the top of the menu.
- Use the search key. If Bluetooth has just been activated, then the search for nearby devices, as a rule, starts in automatic mode.
- All Bluetooth devices connected at this time and located in the field of view must appear on the phone display. Click on the device that is similar in name to the wireless speaker model.
- The phone activates the synchronization procedure. It is likely that it will be necessary to enter a certain code, which is located somewhere at the bottom of the column. Or they may be asked to perform other actions with the device. for example, hold down the power key for 5 seconds. But much more often, for effective pairing, you do not need to perform any manipulations at all.
Subsequent connection to the speaker will occur automatically when the headset is turned on. Naturally, for this, Bluetooth must be turned on on the phone.
Most owners of a wireless headset wonder which connection method is the most convenient. Almost all users recommend Bluetooth. But keep in mind that this connection is compressed, unless your headset and phone support AptX. But, all the same, portable speakers are small in size, so they physically cannot reproduce the highest quality sound.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone?
Most modern gadgets are compatible and easy to connect with each other. How to connect a Sony speaker to a Xiaomi phone? As easy as if the manufacturers swap places and you need to connect a Xiaomi speaker to Sony. Use the universal instruction:
- Turn on the speaker (if necessary, activate Bluetooth or search mode manually)
- Go to the “Settings” or “Options” menu, select the section with Bluetooth.
- Turn on device search.
- In the list of gadgets available for connection, find your audio device, connect.
- When both devices are connected, try playing some music.
Interesting fact: If you are looking for an answer to the question of how to connect a JBL bluetooth speaker to your phone, the process is slightly different. The device is turned on as follows: press the button and hold it until a characteristic signal is heard and the rim around the speaker starts flashing in two colors: red and blue. After that, follow all the steps from the instructions above.
How to connect the speaker to the phone?
The smartphone has long ceased to be just a means of communication. They play games on it, watch movies and, of course, listen to music. The built-in speaker of the phone is not designed for loud sound reproduction, so many people think about connecting speakers to the phone. over, the market for portable audio devices is simply teeming with a variety of models.
How to connect a mini speaker to your phone?
So, you have become the proud owner of a portable audio system. There are four most popular ways to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone. 3 of them are wired (via USB or AUX cable), the last one is wireless (via bluetooth). Wired are most often used at home, wireless. on the street, when you least want to think about where to put the wires.
How to connect a USB speaker to your phone?
The smartphone has only one mini-jack (3.5 mm jack), so you cannot connect an ordinary stationary audio system to it: it requires two connectors of this kind. With portable speakers (for example, models designed to connect to a laptop), it’s easier. They connect to the smartphone as follows:
- Through an adapter and a special AUX cable. It is a cable with two mini-jacks at the ends: one connector is inserted into the phone, the other into the speaker. When it comes to stationary speakers, which usually do not have their own power source, proceed as follows:
- Buy a USB to mini or micro USB adapter;
- Insert the corresponding connector into the phone and connect its other end to the speakers (now the smartphone will become a power source for the audio device instead of the mains);
- Connect two devices with an AUX cable.
- Via AUX cable. Speakers that can play music without an external power source use the same AUX cable without an adapter. If everything is in order, the message “Audio jack is connected” will appear on the smartphone screen.
- Via USB cable. This method is also suitable for devices with their own battery or accumulator. You can even use a charging cord if it fits. Usually, a USB cable is included with the phone, in which on one side there is a regular USB connector connected to a charger, and on the other. a mini or micro USB. Disconnect the cable from the charging, insert the standard connector into the speaker, the second into Smart.
Limited mobility is the main drawback of wired connectivity, which is why more and more users are choosing wireless devices.
What to do if speakers won’t connect?
If none of the above methods helped, it is better to contact specialists who understand all the intricacies of modern gadgets.
How to connect a speaker via bluetooth to a phone
Smartphone today is not only a way to be close to friends and family. We use it as entertainment to listen to music or watch videos. But often smartphones don’t have good speakers. For comfortable listening, many users use Bluetooth speakers. They have several speakers, an additional speaker for bass effects, an interesting appearance with an original illumination reminiscent of a disco ball. How to connect a speaker via bluetooth to the phone will be described in the article.
How to solve the arisen problems
Sometimes the phone just doesn’t see the speaker. And it is important for listeners to turn on the device quickly, for example, for drivers. For motorists, wireless headsets are an incredibly convenient solution, since they can be used to talk on the phone, listen to music and an audiobook. But constant crashes make it harder to work with the device.
Portable devices have their own unique properties and rules of use. Music will only play through the paired device. Simply put, a portable player must remember the phone. Then the settings on the smartphone will be automatically paired in the column.
Some speakers have poor detection systems, so sometimes the phone doesn’t even see them. There are few settings in the menu of smartphones, so it is easy to find the reason for refusing to work. For convenience, it is worth remembering the original name of the player in order to find your own in the menu of found tools.
What difficulties may arise
When turned on, the device may not detect the portable player, but this does not depend on the smartphone or speaker model. Check some parameters before working:
- The transmission function is disabled on the phone. If everything is on but still not working, you need to restart Bluetooth.
- The column is not ready for work. it is discharged or turned off. In order for the device to work, in some cases, you need to hold down the shutdown button at the column for several seconds. Modern developers use universal charging ports, so if you listen for a long time, you should think about a separate powerbank for the speaker. Choose a powerful battery. LEDs and display also reduce the model’s performance. for long playback, choose a model without sophisticated backlighting.
- Anyone can connect to a Bluetooth headset with the transmission turned on, and if the music does not start playing when turned on, then we check. Is the device connected to your smartphone? Most speakers only connect to one smartphone. Sometimes a password is required to listen, usually it is a standard one. 0000.
Connecting the speaker to the phone via bluetooth: features
The column can be connected in different ways. There are two ways:
- Bluetooth connection. Modern devices always have such a function, on any smartphone or tablet. Many people use this method. It does not require wires. But Bluetooth consumes a lot of power and the phone will run out in just an hour of listening.
- Using an audio cable. Such a wire connects to the headphone jack and transmits sound well. But it is not the most convenient, because the distance from the device and the speaker is not determined by your needs, but by the length of the wire.
Some smartphones can stream audio over Wi-Fi. But this method is rarely installed on both speakers and phones. For older models, a memory card port is provided. This type of connection is also convenient, because with it you can add an unlimited number of audio files and not waste Internet traffic, constantly turning on music over the network. Apple-branded phones, laptops, and tablets have their own proprietary connector, and forward-thinking developers are putting such a port in a portable player as well. But the most popular are the first two methods.
Do not spare money for a good device, because the sound deteriorates a little with a wireless connection, and with bad speakers, drying out music is not at all pleasant.
Step-by-step connection of the speaker via bluetooth to the phone
If you bought a portable device, then you will definitely want to try its wireless function. In almost all cases, a Bluetooth module is used for wireless connection. His version does not matter. it only affects the energy consumption and the radius of reception.
The easiest way to connect the model is if it and the smartphone are equipped with an NFC chip. Then we just lean the gadgets against each other and wait for the connection. But there are devices without a chip, and for them you need to follow these steps:
- Turn on the wireless speaker with the power key.
- Open the settings in your phone.
- Long press the Bluetooth button, open the configuration menu of this module. By opening the tinctures, you can also find this menu.
- We turn on the module with a swipe or by pressing the power button.
- The device will start searching for suitable options by itself. Use the “Search” button. If Bluetooth has just been activated, then the search for nearby devices, as a rule, starts in automatic mode.
- Once the search is over, you will see all available connections. Find your column and click on it.
- If the device has not previously memorized the player, then they are synchronized or will require you to enter a security code. On simpler models, no connection code is required.
When Bluetooth is on, the phone itself will find the desired portable speaker and connect to it. The main thing is that the player itself is not turned off and not discharged.
You need to choose a portable player based on several criteria: size, sound quality, protection from external factors and appearance. If you are planning to not take the device with you, then it is worth staying at the small options. They also have an attractive price tag. If the speaker is chosen for the home, then large options with good sound quality will do. One modern speaker completely replaces a good speaker system.
Portable players are also taken for long walks in nature and for large parties. It is possible that liquid or dust may collect on the column. Therefore, if the use of the device will be very wide, then you should choose waterproof and durable models.
Everyone has their own convenient way of connecting, but many agree that avoiding wires is convenient. The main disadvantage of Bluetooth speakers is audio compression, although not in all smartphones. But this problem is solved by the quality and size of the speaker itself. Using portable devices on the road is much safer than headphones, as the driver hears sounds from the outside world. Such devices were created for convenient listening to your favorite tracks, wherever you are.
Connecting a JBL speaker to your phone
Sometimes you need to hold down the power button for a few seconds. In most cases, nothing is required.
Next time, the connection will be made automatically as soon as the audio system is turned on (do not forget that Bluetooth must be turned on for this).
You can use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to connect an audio speaker.
over, not all audio systems support the first technology. Expensive and very expensive models have such support.
Most likely, in the near future, portable systems will be equipped with an inexpensive Wi-Fi adapter.
A popular way to connect portable systems to your phone is using Bluetooth wireless technology.
How to use a Bluetooth speaker using JBL as an example.
The process of connecting two devices using Bluetooth technology is called “Bluetooth pairing”. To connect two accessories together, important conditions must be met:
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR SMARTPHONE TO THE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER
- they must have active bluetooth;
- the device we want to connect to must be visible;
- the accessory has pairing mode enabled (this will make it visible).
Turn on the speaker and set the pairing mode. For information on how to enable pairing mode, refer to the manual that comes with your speaker.
- On your phone, open “settings”.
- Click “Bluetooth”.
- Move the enable slider to the right.
- You will see a list of devices that are located near the iPhone.
- Find and click on the column name.
Listen to music through your portable speaker. Sound will now play through your audio system.
Turning on the speaker via Bluetooth on the phone
Once you set up the connection between the JBL audio speaker and your smartphone, the next time you turn on the speaker, the phone will connect automatically if you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone.
This is convenient when using the speaker from your phone.
Connect to the phone with a wired method, possibly as follows:
- through the AUX cable, then the audio speaker must have its own power source;
- via USB and AUX if the speaker does not have its own power supply.
Less and less often, you can find models that are equipped with an AUX input. This connection provides sound quality, although it is not completely portable. Multiple speakers can be connected using the AUX cable.
Connecting to a Samsung phone
- Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to a Samsung phone is simple. Let’s take a look at Samsung Galaxy as an example.
- Open Bluetooth settings. Make sure your phone and your JBL wireless speaker are paired.
- Tap on the audio system name on your smartphone to activate the pop-up menu. Open the “parameters” section.
- Instead of the “phone” profile, select the “multimedia” profile.
- Click the “connect” button and wait for the green check mark to appear, which indicates that your JBL is connected.
Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to the phone
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows two or more devices to be connected over a short distance. Today Bluetooth is used to connect a phone and a wireless speaker.
Bluetooth connects to the phone wireless headset, headphones, smart watches, pedometers.
Bluetooth has a big advantage here, since the connection is simple and the signal range is sufficient up to 10 m, which is enough.
When you disconnect due to the distance between devices, most gadgets will automatically reconnect after getting close.
Enabling Bluetooth on your smartphone is simple. On the notification bar, tap the Bluetooth icon to activate it and then hold it to configure (but this may not work on some gadgets).
You can access additional settings from the menu “Phone”. “Settings”. “Wireless networks”. “Bluetooth”.
An important concept of Bluetooth technology is “Visibility”, which determines whether the phone is visible to other devices (whether it appears in the list of available).
Visibility can only be turned on for a while to connect to another gadget, phone.
Once the devices are connected to each other, visibility is optional. Conversely, it’s a good idea to turn off visibility unless you plan on connecting to a new one.
The NFC function is a technology that allows wireless communication between devices such as smartphones or smart gadgets over a short distance.
NFC makes it easy to set up data exchange.
Connecting via Bluetooth using the example of JBL.
Reset network settings
Most Sony loudspeakers reset their current Bluetooth network settings. Typically, you can reboot the system by holding down the wireless button for 10 seconds. In this case, the device will reset all paired devices, clear the connection history.
This is convenient, since the column will automatically tune to the closest available gadget during the first launch.
Smartphone diagnostics is performed in a similar way through internal Bluetooth settings.
If it is still impossible to connect, try resetting the wireless service timeout. To do this, in the settings, find the items “Visible device time” or “Device timeout” and check the “Do not use” checkbox, or turn off this feature altogether.
The speaker has already been paired with another device
The second possible reason in 50 percent of cases is the current connection of the audio speaker to another gadget. Look, you may have previously connected another device, and now it is nearby. It can be anything: tablet, computer, other phone.
We will exclude in advance the possibility of pairing from outside devices. If a pin code is set on the audio speaker, a stranger will not be able to link the two devices. As a result, if there are no other devices nearby, we will solve the problem in a different way:
- For the device to cancel the current pairing and connect a new one, hold the Bluetooth power button on the speaker.
- After the pairing function is disabled on the phone, a window will pop up asking for the code.
- If you do not remember or did not set the password, then the factory code is set as standard for 90 percent of the devices. 0 0 0 0.
- After confirming the code, the device will connect to the audio speaker.
Due to the perfection and technical simplicity of others, obvious problems are rarely encountered when connecting to a mobile portable speaker.
Diagnostics and problems
Sometimes there is neither time nor money to take both devices to a service center to determine what exactly is wrong. In this case, conduct a self-diagnosis of the Bluetooth connection.
With audio speaker
- First of all, make sure that the speaker is not connected to any device and that it is charged and working. Charging should be sufficient: sometimes interference occurs with low battery power.
- Next, reconnect the wireless connection with the second product. You can find out or change the authorization code through the speaker’s internal programs.
- If none of this helped, but you want to listen to music via Bluetooth, you will have to take the device to the master.
Alternative ways to connect to the phone
If the Bluetooth connection is not working, there are other options for connecting the smartphone to the Jbl. For example, you can use a cable to connect directly. Most often it has an AUX or USB connector. If any other: use adapters or purchase the required cord for connection.
Of course, wires are much more inconvenient than bluetooth, but if there are no alternatives, you need to use this variation.
Why Bluetooth can’t find a device
In general, Bluetooth does not find networks around for three reasons:
- There really are no active gadgets nearby.
- Bluetooth is not enabled on the speaker itself, or it is low on power.
- The device is already paired with another.
Technical problems with your phone
In the most rare cases, the error lies in the connected smartphone. The software and firmware of phones of new models is regularly updated and patched. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that the problem will be in it.
But if you are the owner of an old gadget, then the option of problems with the internal headset cannot be swept aside. In this case, try to download and install the new version of the mobile system. Or take your phone to a repair center.