iTunes to help
How to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling through “iTunes”? This is not so difficult to do. Perhaps, bringing the idea to life is as easy as when working with a mobile phone.
How is iPhone formatted? It is necessary:
- Download and install on a computer the current version of iTunes for a particular operating system of a mobile device.
- Connect smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Launch “iTunes”. Wait until the connected device is detected by the operating system.
- Select the “Overview” tab in the smartphone menu.
- Click on “Restore.”.
- Select the desired item. The firmware will have to be prepared in advance.
From now on, it is clear how to clean an iPhone 4 completely before selling through a computer. As a rule, the subscriber himself chooses which formatting method to choose. In fact, everything is easier than it seems.
Before the trial
First of all, it is important to understand that the device must have a “wrong” status. He points out that the iPhone has never been unlocked. This means that after all the described actions, the gadget will work normally with the connection.
An unlocked iPhone, after formatting, turns into an ordinary gaming gadget. it stops catching the network and the Internet. If the status of the device is unknown, then the user performs all actions at random. It is impossible to say exactly how the process will turn out.
How to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling: detailed instructions
Any gadget needs to be cleaned of unnecessary information from time to time. It is recommended to pay special attention to the process before selling devices. Otherwise, the new user will take possession of someone else’s data. This article will talk about how to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling. What instructions are recommended to use to bring the idea to life?
The next tip is great for those who decide to act at a distance. In some cases, you have to think about how to clean the iPhone 4 completely before selling it remotely. Is it possible to do this at all?
The answer is simple: yes, every iPhone owner is able to format his gadget remotely. All you need to do is have an iCloud connection. This service allows you to bring your idea to life without much difficulty! It is advisable to work with a cloud of data through a computer.
Formatting via iCloud will proceed as follows:
- Open the iCloud.com page in any browser on your computer.
- Pass authorization on the service.
- Launch Find My iPhone application.
- Click on the “All devices” button. In the list that appears, select the desired gadget.
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” button. The label will appear on the right side of the display.
- Click on “Erase”.
- Re-enter your Apple ID information. You only need a password from your account. This step is needed in order to make sure that the actions are performed by the owner of the smartphone.
- To complete the operation, click on “Next”, and then on “Finish”.
How to clear iPhone 4 completely before selling it remotely? The answer to this question will no longer be a hassle. The suggested trick works even when the smartphone is turned off.
How to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling? The first way. it is working with a mobile device. The most common scenario. Deleting data from iPhone without additional applications is the easiest action.
Just a few clicks. and the task will be completed. How to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling? It is required to follow the instructions:
- Turn on your mobile device and wait for it to load.
- Go to the “Settings” menu item. There it is necessary to visit the “Basic”. “Reset”.
- Select “Erase content and settings“.
- Confirm intentions several times. To do this, you need to select the “Delete” button.
- Enter your Apple ID code. This step cannot be skipped. It appears if Find My iPhone is enabled in iCloud.
Once all the steps described are completed, the smartphone will reboot. After that, the information will be erased. It is important to ensure that the gadget has enough battery power. To format, you need to leave about 25% of the battery.
What’s next? After the subscriber formats the smartphone memory, he will be prompted to either restore data or start working with a new account. The first option involves the return of information on a particular date. It is only suitable when the smartphone is not planned to be sold. Otherwise, it is necessary to focus on the second sentence. It allows 100% reset of user data.
Now it is clear how to clean iPhone 4 completely before selling. If you forgot your password, be sure to restore factory settings using iTunes. Otherwise, you can act as it is convenient for the subscriber. Most often, it is working with iCloud or a mobile device that is used in practice. After the option of a complete data reset is selected, it will no longer be possible to return them.
How to clean iPhone from junk and viruses?
Due to the fact that smartphones from Apple over time begin to freeze and glitch (however, like all other similar equipment), the question is brewing of how to clean the iPhone. Sometimes it also occurs before the sale of the device.
We will analyze the process of cleaning the iPhone from cache, garbage, unnecessary files, and so on.
We clean the cache
Each application, as you know, has its own cache and you can uninstall it one by one for each program. But it is much easier to remove it completely, for the whole phone.
To do this, it is best to use the Battery Doctor program or any other smartphone cleaning software (there are quite a few of them). After downloading, just go to the “Junk” tab and click on the “Clean up cache” button. After that, Battery Doctor will check the entire system for unnecessary cache and remove it.
Tip: Additionally, clear your Safari cache. In some cases, cleaning programs do not affect this application for various reasons, so it is better to do the cleaning manually. To do this, open the “Safari” item in the settings and select “Clear history and site data”.
To free up the phone memory, be sure to look through the entire list of installed programs. perhaps you no longer need some of them and you can freely delete them.
Most likely, half of the installed software you do not use regularly or do not use at all. Accordingly, it is better to remove unnecessary applications. You can install them back at any time if you need them again.
As you know, to delete applications in iOS, you just need to hold down its shortcut on the desktop, and then click on the cross.
There is a small life hack that concerns applications in iOS. It consists in reinstalling them. After that, the volume of each program is significantly reduced.
Therefore, if you really need some program, uninstall it, and then download it again in the App Store.
Hint: Re-adding mail also helps. To do this, go to the settings, open Gmail (or another email client) and delete it, then add it again.
This is due to the fact that any mail client during its work saves a huge amount of garbage from letters (images, attachments, etc.). It all needs to get rid of.
We remove viruses
To clean the device from viruses, you can use one of the following antiviruses:
In most cases, the program will prompt you to perform a virus scan after installation. If this is not the case, then there is always a check item in the main menu. You just have to click on it.
For example, in Avira on the main tab “Antivirus” there is a button “Scan”. Everything is quite simple, as in other programs from the above list.
Delete photos and unnecessary files
You should do the same with photos and files. look through them all for what you need and which you have not opened for a long time.
As for the photos, they are deleted as follows:
- In the “Photos” program, hold down one picture in the general list.
- It will be possible to put a check mark on those pictures that will be deleted or with which other actions will be performed. Select those that are not needed with checkmarks.
- Click on the trash can icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
In the same way, you can get rid of unnecessary files. go to the file manager and delete them all.
If you really need all the photos and files, use cloud storage, for example, iCloud.
Preparing to Delete Data from iPhone
Before proceeding with the procedure itself, it is worth remembering one feature developed by Apple. This was done in order to maximize the protection of user information. Make sure your smartphone is unlocked before formatting.
In this case, after cleaning, you will again use your device, but if the iPhone is unlocked, you need to delete the information very carefully. This happens because the unlocked device becomes an analogue of the iPad. It will be just a multifunctional device, but you will no longer be able to call from it. Do not forget about it.
Working with the interface
For a start, take a closer look at the interface. The iPhone has a special setting that allows you to make backups of information, as well as format it. How do I remove unnecessary items? The procedure is performed in several steps, it is better to follow the following sequence:
- turn on your gadget;
- wait until the operating system is fully loaded;
- go to the main settings;
- look for the information reset sub-item;
- click “Erase.”;
- if you had a protective combination on your iPhone, enter it;
- confirm the desire to delete the data, two windows with notifications will pop up. You need to give your consent.
Further, when the “Find iPhone” function is enabled in iCloud, it is worth entering the Apple ID. This must be done, otherwise the device will reboot. After that, the iPhone is cleared of user-generated content.
How to completely delete all data from iPhone
Hello. Did you know that iPhone stops working promptly when there is a lack of free memory? If you start to notice that the device “thinks” for a long time, freezes. it’s time to clean it. In this article, I would like to talk about how to remove everything from the iPhone correctly so that the device can continue to work more efficiently.
What to do with apps on iPhone? Some users delete them manually, it is not very convenient and takes a long time. This will require a phone storage. It can be found on all Apple products. The following steps are performed here;
- turn on the device;
- go to the settings, then the main ones. statistics and storage;
- click on the program that you do not need;
- a menu with operations will pop up;
- click delete.
All erased applications can only be restored by reinstalling. If your device has few programs, you can use this option. Otherwise, you need global formatting.
After you have got rid of unnecessary software, cleaned the phone book, you can erase your browser data. There is also a sequence of steps for this:
- download the updated Opera;
- you clear the cache of Safari, for this you do not need to download additional software, only standard tools are used;
- go to the Safari settings;
- click on clear history;
- confirm actions;
- press clear cookie, confirm action.
This procedure allows you to delete all information that was entered and saved in the browser. Here, too, you cannot return everything that was erased.
We use iTunes
For the second method of cleaning the device from everything unnecessary, you will need the iTunes application. It can not only help in formatting, but also restore the operating system of the smartphone. First of all, you should select the current software version. It is downloaded to your computer. It all depends on the version of iOS installed on the iPhone. After that, you can use the sequence of actions described below:
- enter the “iTunes” program on the PC;
- connect your smartphone to a computer via a cable;
- waiting for the definition of equipment in the program;
- click on the inscription “iPhone”;
- go to the “Information” section. “Synchronize contacts”. “Everything”;
- from below, select the “Advanced” item;
- put a mark next to the “Contacts” item;
- confirm your actions.
Thanks to this instruction, you will be able to clean your “Contacts”. You will not be able to restore deleted numbers in the “apple” device, if you have not done a backup before.
Any iPhone owner who wants to remove everything from it can use another software. iCloud. You can also work with this program remotely, for example, if your device is stolen or lost. How to quickly erase? I note right away that erased information from the phone book and other information cannot be reanimated. Formatting is done like this:
- you turn on the PC, it must have an Internet connection;
- go to iCloud.com;
- in the window that opens, log in using your AppleID;
- click “Find devices”, the map comes out;
- select the iPhone model from above;
- in the panel that opens, press “Erase”;
- there is a warning that the process is irreversible, again press “Erase”;
- enter the AppleIdy password, so you can prove that you are the owner of the formatted device;
- click “Next” and “Finish”.
This will start the uninstallation process. Thanks to this option, you can protect yourself and delete all data remotely.
- If there are a lot of photos, and they take up the bulk of the space, just start the “iCloud Media Library”, it automatically sends the pictures to the “Cloud” and clears the space.
- You can clear the accumulated music cache by deactivating the “iCloud Music Library”, you need to wait for the deletion and then turn it back on, while the tracks remain, and the offline files are erased.
- If the bulk of the space is occupied by Safari data, you can also get rid of it without dropping the device. For example, you can delete a reading list.
delete contacts using iTunes
In this method, we will tell you in detail how to delete contacts from iPhone using the familiar iTunes program. By the way, in the same program you can restore photos that you accidentally deleted. How to do this, read 4 Ways to Recover Photos on iPhone.
In order to delete all phone numbers in iPhone at once using iTunes, follow the following list of steps:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On your PC, open iTunes and click on the iPhone button. Usually, the name of your iPhone and its memory size are pulled up, for example, iPhone Sergey 8 GB (as in the photo).
iPhone 11 Pro: How to Hard Reset and Erase All Data
- Find the “Details” item in the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- In the window that appears, check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with” and select Windows Contacts from the drop-down list. Also check that the checkmark is next to the item “All contacts”.
- Scroll down the page and find the “Add-ons” block, where check the box next to the word “Contacts”.
- When all the manipulations are completed, click on the “Apply” button and start the synchronization process.
The point of all these actions is that there is no file of the selected format on the computer, therefore, during the synchronization process, the old phone numbers will be deleted, and the new ones will not be added. If you have a saved contact list on your computer, then this method is not very suitable for you, because instead of the old list of numbers, you will have a new one in your phone book.
delete contacts using iCloud
Of course, you will have to get confused with this method, but it will allow you to finally register with iCloud and start using its functions to the fullest. In order for this method to work, you must be sure to log in with your Apple ID both on your phone and on your computer. If you do not have an Apple ID, then be sure to get one before proceeding with this method. You can do this for free, but how. To delete contacts on iPhone using iCloud, you need to perform the following series of actions:
- In the phone, select the “Settings” application and scroll to the iCloud item.
- The phone will ask you to enter your ID and password. enter everything and press the “Login” button. At the bottom there is a button “Get Apple ID for free”, you can click on it and fill out a simple registration form.
- In the window that appears, the device will ask you if you need to combine data from iCloud with the information stored on the phone itself. Click the “Combine” button.
- If the slider in the “Contacts” field is inactive, activate it by moving it to the right. You don’t need another iPhone.
- Now you need to go to iCloud.com and re-enter your Apple ID and password.
- The iCloud menu will open in front of you. Select “Contacts” from the drop-down list. In the list of contacts that appears, select several phones that you want to delete.
- After that, click on the gear in the lower left corner and find the “Delete” function. Click on it and confirm your action in the pop-up window. In just a couple of seconds, you will see the selected phone numbers disappear from your phone book.
How to Delete All Contacts from iPhone?
Seasoned iPhone owners have long been accustomed to going through quests that iOS developers never tire of coming up with. And those functions that seem elementary for Android owners raise a lot of questions among iPhone users. For example, you decide to sell your gadget, a logical question arises: “How can I delete all contacts from the iPhone?” Android users will say: “What’s so difficult, just select the” Delete all “option in the settings and clear the contact book.” To which experienced iPhone users will only smile and go to connect with iTunes.
We want to tell you how to delete all contacts on iPhone as quickly and easily as possible. Especially for this, we chose the four most popular, and most importantly legal methods.
deleting one contact at a time
This method of deleting contacts from iPhone is suitable when you need to get rid of a couple of outdated or unnecessary phone numbers. You can delete them one at a time using the standard functions of the iPhone itself. To do this, follow the following list of steps:
- In the Contacts app, select the number you want to remove.
- In the upper right corner, click on the “Change” button.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and find the “Delete contact” button, click on it.
- A window will appear where you will need to confirm your action and click on the “Delete contact” button again.
Such an easy and quick way to delete a contact from an iPhone will turn into torture if you need to clear the entire phone book, which has more than a hundred numbers. For mass deletion of contacts, we recommend using other methods.
Perhaps this is the easiest and fastest way not only to delete all contacts from the iPhone, but also to reset content settings altogether, including photos, records, notes, etc. This is ideal before selling your phone to ensure that your data and information are cleaned from the device.
Before resetting the settings, be sure to transfer all the content to your computer, otherwise you will not have the opportunity to restore all this data.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “General” and scroll down the page.
- Find the “Reset” item and select it.
- In the menu that opens, find and select the item “Reset content and settings”.
Just a couple of clicks and your iPhone is clean and ready for sale. You can also reset geo settings, keyboard dictionary, Home settings, or select Reset All Settings to completely clear your phone.
Illegal Ways to Delete Contacts from iPhone
It will not be a revelation that there are many ways to illegally delete contacts from an iPhone. The most popular is phone jailbreak. Basically, after jailbreak, you can install any program, go to the iPhone file system and work with iOS as with regular software. But! Let us emphasize that after such manipulations the phone becomes as unprotected as possible. If you had no viruses on your iPhone before jailbreak, then after this procedure it is very easy to put several viruses into your phone and then think about how to remove them from there. Is it worth it? We think not. over, there are legal and not too complicated ways to help you delete all numbers on iPhone quickly and easily.
How iPhones Are Professionally Cleaned | Deep Cleaned
There are also several programs for working with the phone book, but all of them are more aimed at grouping phones into lists, therefore, deleting there occurs by groups.
We hope that our article was useful, and the question “how to delete all contacts from iPhone” was solved once and for all.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
Quick Format iPhone
Formatting the iPhone will erase all data on the phone, including apps, custom preferences, and return the Apple phone to factory settings. Formatting your iPhone is a last resort when you have a problem with your mobile device. Remember, iPhone formatting erases data irrevocably.
Instructions on how to format an iPhone with your own hands
You will format iPhone X, 8, 7S, 6S, 5S, 4S and others or 3G to return to the factory settings of the smartphone.
Scroll down and select “Reset”.
Select “Erase All Content and Settings”. A warning window will appear. Confirm your choice. The iPhone screen turns off and then a standby symbol appears. After formatting is complete, the Apple logo will appear and the formatted iPhone will reboot.
IPhone Formatting Hint
After formatting, without a backup, it is impossible to recover deleted data on your phone! Therefore, before formatting iPhone, back up all contacts and data from your phone.
Technology news, video reviews, prices
38 Комментарии и мнения владельцев:
What is the iPhone 4S password? Please tell me.
I have an important article question. Should I still format my iPhone contacts? I don’t want to be in a situation of losing contacts.
How can you recover photos after formatting Apple 4s? Maybe there is a special application for a smartphone, help!
And Smart will ask for some more password if you format the iPhone 4s?
Urgent need a program to recover data from iPhone 3gs after restoring to factory settings
If you erase all data from the iPhone, then there will be messages in the search or not?
Who knows the password to restore factory settings iPhone w77?
I am very worried about what will happen to the purchased applications after formatting the iPhone 5.
Hello. How to organize remote formatting on iPhone?
Is it true that there are programs that recover deleted data in the phone, if so, then tell us the secret method of how to format the iPhone so that it is impossible to recover pictures and SMS
If there is, what is the name of the program to save files when formatting an iPhone?
Tell me, please, and if there is someone else’s account on the iPhone 4 in iCloud and when “resetting content and settings”, it asks for a password from this account. How can this be circumvented or, when deleting the account, asks to disable the “find iPhone” function. accordingly requires a password. some kind of vicious circle. I want to delete someone else’s account and make my main one! Help ((
Hello. How to Recover iPhone 3 after Formatting?
But I have a special situation. hint who the thread, how to restore the iPhone 4 if it requires someone else’s account
There are so many questions that I am afraid to delete something with the loss of important settings. Reassure me if you format the iPhone whether the account is deleted or not?!
hi chiba managed to do something with the account, otherwise I have a similar problem
Guys, if your iPhone requires an Apple ID of another owner, prepare money because it will cost you at least 3 thousand, I’ll tell you more, look for the previous owners and if they remember the password, you’re in luck
Hello! Need an instruction on an acute problem on how to completely format iPhone 5s without losing the jailbreak
I don’t know much about the phone. Please tell me why some local drive is opening in the iPhone folders on the computer?
After all, you can do the synchronization from iTunes on a PC, then sync again after a complete cleaning! and in order not to lose numbers, you can copy them from iPhone to SIM card!
Can I delete the profile in icloude ?? If there is enabled find iPhone after format, there will be problems. I bought a phone and there is a different profile and I can not go in and out What can be done help. When I want to make a password format, but I don’t know the password
I want to format the iPhone 5s, I want to go to the settings, but there is no “general” item, there are “basic” ones. This is the same? But there is no recovery either, there is a reset of all settings where a password is required. What to do, please tell me?!
Hi, thanks! I was going to sell the iPhone 6 and was just thinking how to clear the call log and blacklist on the iPhone, and then I remembered that I needed to clear the search and browser history, mail with all contacts in the phone, return the RAM to factory settings, but still came to the conclusion that it is better to find a way to completely clean the iPhone at once before selling. You helped!
Hello ! It is very necessary, but I do not know how it is possible to view deleted files and phone calls on the iPhone
I need to find out with the help of the program installed on my computer whether it is possible to recover photos from a formatted iPhone?
My sister probably did something wrong, because after formatting the iPhone does not turn on. She always deletes something in a laptop without thinking about it. in short, people who had a similar glitch with the iPhone, write how to get out of this situation and start the phone in working condition without sending it to a repair shop.
When I was thinking how to format the iPhone 4, I had no idea that the actions would be so simple. Thank you!
Hi, help how to format the lock iPhone 5 firmware stupid.
My iPhone does not turn on for the second day after a fall. How to reinstall the iPhone system if it does not turn on, can you flash the iPhone with a USB flash drive? If I’m thinking in the wrong direction, then what if the iPhone won’t turn on? I hate to think that I won’t be able to restore my iPhone.
Thank you for the science! Right now I will try to format my iPhone 🙂
But what if you started formatting via find the iPhone and its ring is constantly spinning? If you restart it, then it will try to format again
How to delete everything from your iPhone before selling it
Firework. Thank you very much for the tip on how to format the iPhone, this is a very useful tutorial for me. Everything worked out!
Thank you for the great backup advice! He is very necessary! Right now I’ll make a copy, clear the data and sell my iPhone 5s 🙂
It turns out this is a very useful thing. After all, knowing why and how to format an iOS device before selling it, or rather, in my case, the iPhone, comes out very important for me from the security side. Thanks for the really good advice.
Phone 5 S does not detect SIM writes a message
By clicking on the icon, share information on the social network: