What is phone trash?
Before you clean Android from garbage, you need to know and understand what “garbage” is for a phone. Hasty deletion of all unfamiliar files can result in the loss of important system information.
The following files can be classified as garbage on the phone:
- Cache. These are temporary files that applications create for their own needs. Cache files allow the application to run faster by pulling in the information it needs. After the release of their application, such files should be automatically deleted, but very often this does not happen. Thus, the cache from all applications accumulates and takes away free memory.
- Remote program files. Very often, uninstalling a program does not lead to the fact that it completely disappears from the gadget. Often, lost or damaged application files remain on the phone that are no longer needed.
Such unnecessary files significantly complicate the operation of the gadget. For other reasons why the phone slows down, follow the link. There are several quick and easy ways to clear Android phone memory. Let’s talk about them further.
How to clear Android phone memory using special programs
The problem of garbage accumulation on a gadget is very common. That is why today there are a large number of special programs that allow the user to quickly get rid of unnecessary files. The best programs of this type include the following:
- DiskUsage. This is a handy application that analyzes the phone’s memory load and shows accurate information in the form of a graph about which files are taking up the most space. Here, in the program menu, you can delete all unnecessary.
- SD Maid. This application knows how to clean Android completely from garbage. The program scans the contents of the phone, finds files that are not used for the operation of the gadget and offers to delete them. With just one click of a button, the user gets rid of the garbage. It should be noted that the program calculates garbage very accurately, so that nothing important will be lost.
- Clean Master. Popular, free software with a wide range of functions. It not only removes the junk accumulated on the phone, but can also act as an antivirus and even speed up the work of other applications.
All of these programs are easy to use and effective in their work. There are other good applications that can be found on Google Play, so the user can independently find a program for himself that will suit his gadget as much as possible.
How to clean Android junk?
Every smartphone user at least once faced the problem of lack of free space on his gadget. This usually happens at a completely inopportune moment. when you need to save a photo, video, audio file or download the desired application. In addition, the lack of free memory negatively affects the performance of the gadget. its work becomes slower, it can slow down and freeze. The reason is a large number of unnecessary files or “garbage” on the gadget.
In this case, memory cards for a smartphone will only be a temporary solution. First, because garbage accumulates on your phone quickly enough if you don’t clean it. Secondly, it is the RAM that most often suffers, which the memory card does not increase. How to clean Android completely of unnecessary files that slow down the operation of the device, we will find out further.
How to clear Android phone memory manually
Another easy way to clean Android from junk is to manually delete unnecessary files. The method is really simple, and many users clean their smartphones this way. In order to manually clean the phone of unnecessary files and free up memory, you need to do the following:
- Clean messenger folders. The modern smartphone owner usually uses at least two messengers. All of them save the received files. photos, videos and other files to the phone. It is worth deleting unnecessary files received from time to time, as they take up the most free space.
- Clear application cache. You can get rid of cache files through the settings. To do this, open the application manager in the settings. In this menu, the user can see which of the applications uses more memory than others. After opening an additional window about the application, information about the cache appears. Here the ego can be removed.
- Transfer applications to a memory card. If the gadget allows such an action, then it must be done. Moving applications will prevent the rapid overflow of internal memory.
Even the most ideal smartphone can show poor performance over time if its memory is full of junk. Therefore, periodic cleaning of the phone from unnecessary files in any convenient way will guarantee faster and better operation of the device. And how to clean Android in completely different ways, you learned from this article.
Removing application data
The applications you use can also accumulate a large number of junk files that simply take up space. To remove them, a useful program is built into the system. “Phone Manager”. The default dispatcher shortcut should be located on the desktop.
In the manager, select the item “Memory cleaning”. In the window that opens, you will see general information on unnecessary files and application data. It also displays data on messengers, which also tend to clog the memory with unnecessary “junk”. Another useful item is unused applications. Just delete what you don’t use.
Opposite each item there is a “Clear” button. click on it and free up space on your smartphone.
If, for some reason, there is no shortcut to the “Phone Manager” on the desktop or you have previously deleted it. that’s okay. In this case, go to Settings Memory Clear. The same menu will open to delete unnecessary data.
If you scroll down the window in the Memory Cleanup menu, you can see the Special Cleanup field.
Here you can find all the statistics on images, videos, audio, applications and large files stored in your Huawei’s memory. We look, analyze, delete all unnecessary.
Cleaning up RAM
First, let’s figure out how to clear temporary memory (cache). There are two ways to do this: close background apps or clean up individually in each app.
Clearing the browser cache
Over time, browsers accumulate a really large volume of unnecessary files that should be deleted periodically. Let’s look at this process using the example of the two most common browsers: “Google Chrome” and “Yandex browser”.
- Open chrome and click on the three dots icon.
- In the window that opens, select the “History” item. History “width =” 660 “height =” 696 “srcset =” ~ images \ kak-ochistit-istoriju-v-telefone-honor_9.jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11 /kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr6-284×300.jpg 284w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei- i-honor-scr6-379×400.jpg 379w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- Click Clear history Clear data. Delete data “width =” 660 “height =” 691 “srcset =” ~ images \ kak-ochistit-istoriju-v-telefone-honor_10.jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/ 11 / kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr7-287×300.jpg 287w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei.i-honor-scr7-382×400.jpg 382w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- As in the case of chrome, open the browser and click on the icons in the form of three dots.
- In the window that opens, we find “Settings”.
- There is an item “Clear data”.
Closing background applications
Everything is simple here. if you use a large number of programs, they often continue to run in the background. You can terminate their work in just two clicks:
- Click on the navigation icon in the form of a square.
- A window will open in which the applications running in the background will be displayed, as well as the amount of free RAM. Click on the basket and you’re done.
Clearing internal memory
Now let’s talk about the ways to free up space and delete unnecessary files on Huawei (Honor). There are several options here:
- Clearing the browser cache.
- Deleting application data.
- Banal removal of unnecessary programs and files (videos, pictures, messages, photos).
How to clear memory on Huawei and Honor
How to clear memory on Huwei and Honor? In this manual, we will explain how to free up space by clearing the internal memory and at the same time learn how to free up RAM.
RAM. Required for storing temporary files. The speed of the system depends on its quantity. You’ve probably come across a situation when the system starts to freeze and even opening simple programs takes longer than usual. The reason is just the lack of RAM. Most likely there are many applications open that are running in the background.
Inner memory. Everything is clear here. it is needed to store files and programs on your smartphone.
How to Clean Junk Files in Huawei
Clearing the application cache
To clear the cache of applications on your Huawei and Honor, do the following:
- Open the “Settings” smartphone.
- Next, select the “Applications” item. In the window that opens, click “Applications” again. Applications “width =” 660 “height =” 695 “srcset =” ~ images \ kak-ochistit-istoriju-v-telefone-honor_1.jpg 660w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11 /kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei-i-honor-scr3-285×300.jpg 285w, https://phonegeek.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-ochistit-pamiat-na-huawei- i-honor-scr3-380×400.jpg 380w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- The applications that you use most often eat up the cache. Take the Health program as an example. We find it in the list of applications, open it and find the item “Memory”.
- In the window that opens, you will see the amount of internal memory that this program occupies, as well as the cache. Click “Clear cache” and you’re done.
Another easy way to clear RAM is to simply restart your smartphone.
Standard removal of programs and files
Well, of course, you can clear the internal memory on Huawei through the standard explorer (shortcut “Files”). Applications are removed both from the desktop and through the “Settings”.
The most radical method to free up free space will come in handy in especially neglected cases. You can trivially reset the settings to the factory settings.
We will not consider third-party programs, since there is no point in them. The system has all the necessary tools that were described above.
How to clean Android phone from trash: manually and using programs
Over time, unnecessary files accumulate in the smartphone’s memory. They not only take up free space, but also negatively affect the speed of the device.
Cache and other unnecessary data (including temporary) are usually referred to as “junk” files. For example, those that remain after reinstalling or uninstalling applications and are not used by the system. Next, we will tell you how to clean your smartphone from “garbage” and free up memory manually or using special applications.
Smartphone cleaning applications
In addition to the contents of the cache, other “junk” data is stored in the device’s internal memory. For example, system files of already uninstalled applications or old saves from games. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to manually clean Android from garbage (only by looking through each folder individually), so it’s best to use special applications.
Average rating in the Play Store: 4.5
CCleaner is a multi-platform junk file removal and system monitoring program. Allows you to optimize device performance, clear cache, and also get rid of other temporary data.
- built-in Task Killer for task management;
- the function “Hibernation of applications” to disable applications running in the background;
- analysis of processor load and search for energy-consuming programs.
How To Wipe & Secure Your Android Phone Before Selling | ETPanache
In addition, the application is suitable for monitoring key indicators of system health and safe Internet surfing.
Average rating in the Play Store: 4.5
SD Maid is a suite of tools for managing applications and files. With SD Maid, you can remove junk, clear the cache, manage installed system and third-party applications. Additional functionality:
- optimization of databases and management of internal memory;
- built-in search for files (including duplicates) by name, date or other parameters;
- task scheduler to run applications on schedule.
The program is distributed on a shareware basis and is suitable for optimizing Android devices.
The applications described above are provided solely as examples. If for some reason they don’t suit you or you just don’t like them, then in the Play Store you can easily find other software with similar functionality.
Average rating on the Play Store: 4.7
Clean Master is a free app with built-in antivirus for optimizing Android mobile devices. Suitable for deleting cache and junk files. Additional built-in functionality:
- RAM Cleaner One Tap Boost;
- analysis of Wi-Fi networks and protection against unauthorized connections;
- applock to lock apps.
The application is distributed free of charge and perfectly combines functions for cleaning memory and antivirus protection of a smartphone.
How to delete cache data manually
The cache is an intermediate buffer in the internal memory of the device that stores temporary files (including multimedia) and data. Most often, they are loaded when the application is first launched or at a special user request (for example, caching online music, videos).
With the help of the cache data, the device quickly gets access to the necessary information, thereby speeding up the operation of some applications or the loading of pages in the Internet browser. Over time, too many unnecessary files accumulate in the intermediate buffer. Follow these steps to clear the cache on your tablet or smartphone:
Open the “Settings” menu and select “Storage” or “Memory” (the name may differ depending on the version of Android), which is located in the “Device” section.
A page with detailed statistics of free and used memory will appear. Click on the line “Internal shared storage”.
Scroll down the page and click on “Cache data” to delete the data of all cached applications. Confirm the action by clicking the “Ok” button.
This will delete all temporary app data from your device, including cached music, videos, and photos. Other files necessary for faster operation of the programs will be downloaded again, so you can not worry about deleting something important.
How to clean your smartphone from rubbish
You can completely clean your smartphone or tablet from debris only with the help of special software. In this example, we will use the free SD Maid application.
There are three types of cache on Honor mobile devices:
- User Application Cache. It is recommended to clean it regularly.
- Dalvik cache, which makes no sense to delete, since it will be recreated itself.
- The cache of system programs, which is located in the built-in memory of the mobile device in the / cache folder, it is also preferable not to delete it in order to avoid troubles in the operation of the operating system.
From this it follows that you can only delete the cache of user programs, which can be located in the built-in memory of the smartphone or on an external memory card.
How to clean Honor
Any program on your Honor phone loads data into the cache to make the application run faster. Thus, applications take up even more space. It should be borne in mind that if the program crashed or it was closed incorrectly, then the cache may not be cleared, due to which the memory becomes even less.
Modern Honor smartphones have a large amount of internal memory, but there are still situations when the phone warns about insufficient memory. Due to the lack of free memory, the gadget starts to work slower, it takes a long time to launch applications, and the user no longer wants to download new programs.
One of the most popular ways to clean up free memory growth is to clear the cache. But not all Honor owners are aware of the cache, as well as clearing it.
Removing the cache through the Recovery menu
You can clear the cache on any mobile device. If the first method is not suitable for some reason, then you can use another method for clearing the cache. To do this, you need to go to the Recovery menu. On an Honor smartphone, you can get into it as follows:
- press the button to turn on the smartphone;
- press the volume key (down or up);
- hold these buttons together for 10 seconds.
After that, the Recovery menu will launch, where the user should select the “Wipe cache partition” line. It is worth noting that the navigation buttons do not work in this menu, but you can navigate using the volume keys, the choice is confirmed by the power button.
What is cache?
Absolutely any application that is located on the Honor mobile device has its own folder where temporary files are located. For example, settings, application reports, etc. are stored there. So, when using the website in a browser, they can create copies of all pictures in order to load them from the memory of a mobile device in the future. This procedure helps a lot in saving traffic, as well as in speeding up content downloads.
If the owner of the phone removes the application from his mobile device, then there is a high risk that the folder with the cache will remain in memory. So, in the future, such folders can accumulate a huge amount, and free memory, on the contrary, becomes less. To free memory, you need to clear the cache. This process is very simple and also accessible to everyone.
Standard method for clearing the cache
The most reliable and simplest method of deleting the cache is considered to be the operation of the utility, which is located in the device’s memory. With it, you can safely delete unnecessary and temporary files without damaging any important folders and items.
The algorithm for clearing the cache is as follows:
- Open Settings on Honor Smartphone.
- Go to the “Memory” section.
- A window will be displayed where the user data is indicated, as well as how much space certain sections take up (for example, images, documents, applications, etc.). Below is the “Clear” button. You need to press it.
- A window will open where the user will see enough memory. It will also scan items for deletion.
- At the end of the scan, the user should click “Clean” and delete all unnecessary files.
After these actions, the free memory space will increase by an order of magnitude.
Deleting the cache of one program
Sometimes situations arise when you only need to delete the cache for one program that is installed on a mobile device.
To do this, the owner should use the following instructions:
- Open in the settings of the smartphone Honor.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Click on “Applications” again.
- Select the required application from the displayed list.
- Click on the line “Memory”.
- Press the button “Clear cache”.
After that the application cache will be deleted. In this way, you can manually clear the cache for those applications that the user himself chooses: