Most Proxy, unfortunately, do not change IP (these servers are also called transparent), but simply cache data, speeding up access to resources due to the fact that part of the content is uploaded to an intermediate server
A proxy connection is a bit like Tor. However, when using Proxy, there is no question of encrypting information. The traffic from the browser where the application is installed goes through the proxy server, and the rest of the software goes out under the real IP address. Web proxies are used when there is no need to completely hide the real IP.
VPN connection on home computer
To create a VPN connection on your computer, you first need to select a VPS (virtual private server). This can be any provider whose VPS is located in a territory that does not fall under the jurisdiction of Russian legislation, but is located as close as possible to the real location of the client.
Let’s take a look at how to create and configure a VPN connection in Windows 7:
We go to the “Control Center” and activate the link “Setting up a new connection”.
In order for the system to issue all the necessary settings for working on the network, the computer’s network card must be configured in the automatic mode of receiving network settings
When setting up a VPN, the features of the equipment used are taken into account, since it is necessary to configure not only the remote server and the user’s computer, but also various routers and firewalls
For automatic configuration and subsequent starts of the VPN PPTP connection, you can download and run the AutoVPN program, which will automatically create a VPN connection with all the necessary settings
To connect to the VPN server, you must have an account in your preferred virtual network
The Internet is an extremely insecure network, and a VPN with OpenVPN, L2TP / IPSec, PPTP, PPPoE protocols is a completely secure and secure way of transferring data
Setting up on other operating systems is not much different.
In addition to hide.me VPN, servers such as:
ExpressVPN is a virtual private network service offered by Express VPN International Ltd. based in the British Virgin Islands
IPVanish VPN is a commercial VPN service based in the United States
The main feature of VyprVPN is that the entire network operates entirely at the facilities of the company itself, that is, without third-party contractors, which allows it to control all work from A to Z
NordVPN is a personal VPN provider that has desktop apps for Windows, macOS and Linux, mobile apps for Android and iOS, and an Android TV app.
TunnelBear is the best choice for beginners, as it is one of the most convenient services, however, the free subscription is limited to only 500 MB of monthly traffic
That is, there is plenty to choose from in order to make full use of the Internet, which is especially important for residents of the post-Soviet space, for whom access to many interesting sites is limited. When choosing a VPN provider, you need to focus primarily not on the cost of packages, but on such important indicators as:
- storage by the server of logs;
- the degree of encryption of the Internet connection;
- the provider’s willingness to release information to government agencies or law enforcement agencies;
- reliability of hiding the facts of connection to a private virtual network.
These applications replace the real IP address when you enter the same site. Thus, if you need to open several resources at the same time, you will have to use an anonymizer for each, which will cause inconvenience and slow down the work.
There are many paid and free anonymizers on the Internet. Some of them even allow you to select the flag of the state to enter the site. Basically, anonymizers are used to communicate in social networks. To visit a prohibited resource, just enter its IP address in the search box.
When choosing an anonymizer, many factors should be taken into account, the main of which are the speed of work and the support of the websites the user needs.
Change IP with VPN
Using a VPN. virtual private network. reliably encrypts traffic, which makes it possible to bypass any blocking, as well as protect your network from hacks and viruses.
How to Setup a VPN on iPhone (in 2021)
Change IP manually
To update the unique PC number, you need to register new device parameters in the computer network settings:
Open “Control Panel” → “Network and Internet”.
With a small number of devices in the local network, you can assign a static IP address manually to all computers
When establishing an Internet connection, robots are only interested in the presence of a unique IP address, and it does not matter that it is already the tenth for this computer in 5 minutes
In the “Network and Sharing Center” window, only the local part of the network card is displayed, the layout of which depends on the available network connections
TCP / IPv4 is a combination of two well-known instructions for maintaining IP addresses and data integrity
The peculiarities of the fourth version of the protocol are that each address is four bytes, there are reserved digit structures that cannot be used by ordinary users, any packet contains the protocol version, its full length, unique identifier, IP of the recipient and sender
The concept of an IP address and its types
Network IP address. a unique identifier for laptops, camcorders, cell phones, televisions, printers, PCs and other devices in Computer NetWork.
It is built on the basis of TCP / IP protocol stacks in the format:
- IPv4, which consists of four numbers from 0 to 255, separated by dots (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), which displays the network number and node number;
- IPv6 is a modernized version of the protocol, where addresses are written as a combination of Latin letters from “a” to “f” and numbers from 0 to 9 (x: x: x: x: x: x: x: x).
TCP / IP is a network model for transmitting information in digital form, in which a set of protocols provides end-to-end data transmission
According to the functions they perform, IP addresses are divided into:
- local (internal, “gray”), used within the same home network, wireless (Wi-Fi), corporate or provider network;
- external (public, “white”), intended for Internet access, through which operators track user actions in the global network.
- dynamic (floating). with automatic update every time the modem is restarted;
- static (fixed) addresses written on the network card according to the user’s registration data and which is the hallmark of the equipment.
How can I change my IP address?
Changing your IP address can more than dramatically increase your online privacy, which will help keep your personal information safe as a result. Using a virtual private network (VPN) such as Hotspot Shield VPN. this is the fastest and easiest way to change your IP address to take advantage of these online security measures.
If you want to skip this guide and change your IP address with a simple click of a button, download Hotspot Shield VPN now.
How can I change my IP address on my phone or tablet?
The first step is to download the Hotspot Shield app to your phone. Once it’s installed and configured, just go to your device’s settings and enable VPN.
Why should I change my IP address?
Before we dive into the details, let’s take a look at the most important reasons why you might want to change your IP address.
- You want to protect your personal information from hackers
- You are traveling the world and want to access sites in your country if they are blocked at your location now
- You don’t want your internet browsing history to be recorded
- You do not want to reveal your real location
- You want to bypass ISP restrictions or censorship
Changing your IP address will help you avoid all these problems, but only if everything is done correctly.
Hotspot Shield makes it easy to change your IP address and helps keep your personal information safe. Installation is so easy that you are protected in a couple of minutes.
What’s the fastest way to see if my IP address has changed?
Finding your public IP address is easy. Click here to access our IP address determination page, which will show you the current public IP address of your computer. Go to the page before and after you change your IP address to see the difference.
How do I change my IP address on my desktop or laptop?
Changing your IP address on a Mac or PC is also very easy. Once you have installed the Hotspot Shield app, you will see a new Hotspot Shield icon in your menu or taskbar. Click on this icon to bring up the power button and click on it to change your IP address.
How to set up VPN on any device
Let’s take a quick look at how to connect a VPN on all types of devices, and at the same time see what options are there for automatically setting up a connection.
Best VPN for Newbies
To keep things simple and easy to get started with a VPN, we recommend starting with ExpressVPN. This company offers the most technically advanced applications for various devices: computers, laptops, phones, under various operating systems. They have detailed instructions on how to set up a VPN for your game console, Smart TV, routers, streaming services, and more. Everything is extremely clear and simple, so even an inexperienced user can handle it.
How To Use VPN On iPhone! (2020)
With ExpressVPN, you’re guaranteed to be able to set up your internet with a VPN.
Make your choice. Learn more about VPN for music or movies, and how to save money on purchases.
There are no separate VPN services for Telegram, and there cannot be. You set up a general connection, and any messengers, applications and sites will work through it.
Go to the extension directory, select the service you like and click on it. Install as usual, it will integrate itself into the browser. No complicated configuration is required, the maximum is to select a country or indicate on which sites to be included. Read more in our review.
It is advisable to initially choose a service that is friendly to gamers: many offer separate game servers when connected, which are already optimized and configured. There is no separate manual game setting. Read our VPN for gaming review.
How to set up a VPN
For some reason, it is believed that setting up a VPN is difficult, but this is not at all the case: in most cases, no participation is required from the user at all. VPN providers release special applications for various devices that are installed like regular programs, automatically configured and launched with just one button. VPN configuration may be required only in rare cases. We tell about everything in detail.
How to set up VPN on a computer
It is possible to configure the built-in VPN on Windows or Mac, but we do not recommend doing this. Yes, this will give you the ability to change your IP address, but it will not protect your privacy and anonymity too much. In addition, all information about online activities will be available to Microsoft and Apple.
The easiest way is to use the VPN client, you don’t need to configure it, and it starts automatically. 99% of providers have Mac and Windows clients.
If the client does not work, you can manually configure VPN on Windows using the instructions from the VPN provider’s website. There is always either a help section or an opportunity to chat with technical support. If not, forget about this dubious service and find another.
Choice of our specialists (recommended)
Nord VPN in the VPN service rating is especially recommended for those who need increased security and anonymity on the network.
VPN setup instructions for iOS
You can enable VPN on iPhone in different ways. Although this is usually done through the built-in device settings or using third-party applications.
Let’s start by taking a closer look at the first option. That is, we will set up a VPN on the phone itself without installing special software from the Internet.
- We pick up the iPhone 6, 7, 8 or some other version of the “apple” gadget.
- Open “Settings”.
- We go to the “Basic” section (on some OS versions, you will need to go to the “Network” subsection).
- Scroll down and click on “VPN”.
- Click the “Add VPN configuration” button.
- A menu will appear in which you will need to set certain parameters. We start by choosing the type of connection. There are only three of them. IKEv2, IPSec and L2TP. Which one to choose and what to enter depends on the VPN provider you choose. For example, to connect to Hide.Me, you can specify everything as in the screenshot.
- After filling in all the fields, tap on “Finish” at the top.
- Then we return to the “Basic. VPN” settings section. The connection you created will now be displayed here. To activate it, set the vpn switch to the appropriate position (by moving the slider to the right).
- In addition, the “VPN” switch will appear in the main settings menu of your iPhone (where Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc. are enabled). This means you can quickly activate it next time.
For reference! VPN is a kind of link between your mobile device and the Internet. Its main function is to give a false IP address to mask the user’s real location. Although today many of us use VPNs in order to remove blockages to various prohibited sites.
If the iPhone is connected to the network via a VPN, then this is indicated by the corresponding icon in the top notification bar (usually it does not blink, but is simply displayed). It also happens that he suddenly suddenly disappears. This means that the VPN connection is not working. As a rule, there are two reasons for the problem:
- unstable internet connection;
- crashes on the server providing vpn services.
- To get started, manually reconnect to the VPN using one of the above methods.
- Then check if your connection to the mobile Internet or Wi-Fi network is stable.
- Pay attention to the correctness of the specified settings.
- If you used the application, then just install another service. The program you downloaded and downloaded earlier is likely to be blocking the VPN connection in this area.
- You can also try to restart the device and disable the antivirus software.
How to setup an iPhone VPN connection
How to use a VPN on iPhone
VPN (full name. Virtual Private Network) is a way of organizing virtual computer networks over real ones. Why is it needed? They use VPN for a wide variety of tasks. For example, to bypass the blocking of access to certain sites that are prohibited in a particular territory. They use this communication technology in order to increase confidentiality. VPN makes it easy to encrypt your connection. As a result, the requesting IP will not receive your individual number, which says where you connect to the network, but another, tied to a place or a specific country.
So we invite you to work with us to figure out how to set up a VPN on iPhone. At the same time, we promise that the information below will be relevant for almost all models. 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 7, etc.
How to connect VPN on iPhone using the app?
There are many VPN programs available on iPhone. precisely, every VPN provider has its own app. Therefore, you can simply go to the App Store, download and install it.
Although we recommend paying attention to the Betternet program. This is one of the most user-friendly of its kind. To connect and disconnect vpn, you need to tap just one button. At the same time, the time for using the VPN is not limited. True, with the first launch, you will have to configure the profile. With the subsequent entry into the application, this will no longer have to be done.
Also, you will not need to create accounts or use any other additional services. Just go to Betternet, press “Connect” to connect and “disconnect” to disconnect. Also in this application there is no advertising, registration, etc. Even in China it works (there are a lot of restrictions on various resources), where the same popular VPN Master turns out to be useless.
Ask how this free VPN is doing without any financial backing? It’s simple. If desired, each user can become a volunteer and help the project by promoting and installing applications from the App Store. Quite interesting and uncomplicated.
For reference! What other programs for working with vpn can you recommend? These are Tunnel Bear, OpenVPN connect and Cloak. If you have not only an iPhone, but also an Android smartphone, then it is better to use the Turbo VPN program on it.
How to remove VPN on iPhone?
To do this, go to “Settings”. Then select the “Basic” section. Then we click on “Profiles”. Find your VPN, tap on it and then press the red “Delete” button.
Many people today believe that VPN is an area that only hackers and computer gurus may need. But this is a misconception. Any user, if his favorite Internet resource is blocked, will want to bypass the block and restore access to it. And it will be possible to do this with the help of a VPN. At the same time, we talked in detail about how to “turn it over” in this article.
How to change Apple ID on iPhone?
Many people do not use their own account, because they believe that with a change in ID, they will lose all their personal data. This is not true. You can change your iPhone account without losing your personal information. Another misconception is that you must use a credit card to register an account. No, not required. Registration can be done for free.
To replace data, you do not need to use authorization on the site, you can do it directly from your phone. It’s good if you have already changed data before, if not, then there are several ways to replace it: using a PC, through iTunes and directly from the device.
How to reset iPhone 5 when changing ownership
Due to the constant improvement of various gadgets, any owner has a desire or need to update it, i.e. get a new model, and the old one becomes superfluous and is resold. Any device should be cleaned before being handed over to a new owner. Owners of Apple products often have a question: how to reset iPhone 5 before selling?
Zeroing the iPhone means returning it to its factory state, i.e. remove all additionally installed games, programs and erase personal information.
In fact, figuring out how to reset the iPhone 5 and doing it is not at all difficult, and this procedure will take quite a bit of time. First of all, before cleaning your smartphone, be sure to back up the data it contains. Further, in the device menu in the “Settings” section, you need to select “Basic”, go down and click on the “Reset” function. A list of actions will appear, among them you need to select “Erase content and settings”.
Together with all the data (photos, music, games, and others), with this cleaning, iCloud, Game Center, iMessage are automatically turned off. Do not forget about the “Find iPhone” function for iOS 7 users, ie. you need to remove your link to Apple ID (log in with a personal password, delete data from the device and erase the device from your account).
The contents of the device in iCloud storage will be preserved if you perform the cleaning in the standard way. If you try to delete “manually”, then everything will be deleted from the iCloud server. Even if the iOS device is already with the new owner, and its complete cleaning was not carried out in a timely manner, then there are certain ways how to reset the iPhone 5, and for such situations.
The simplest thing, if there is a connection with the new owner of the gadget, is to contact him with a request to clean the device.
For those who have iOS 7 on their phone and therefore have Find My iPhone, you can also remotely delete data from their device using iCloud.com/find. By going to this site, you can select your device and click on “Erase”. After that, when the information has been deleted from the device, you need to click on the “Remove from account” button. The time during which this operation will be performed, and it will become possible to connect the iMessage application on a new device. one day.
Create Apple ID
Next, you will be asked to fill in the fields with personal data and answer security questions. Answers will allow you to regain access to your account if you forget your password. It is recommended that you write down the answers to security questions and save somewhere in a safe place so that in case of something you can restore access. Please enter only real data. After entering, click “next”.
On the page indicating payment, indicate the card number. If you do not want to use the card, then you need to start registration by choosing some free application. When it is downloaded, it will ask for authorization and you need to select the “create Apple ID” item in the menu. Further steps will be identical. When you get to the registration of the card, select “no” and click “next”. Further steps are identical. A letter with instructions will be sent to the specified email address. Check your email and follow the link in the letter. This will complete the registration.
If you are under 13, you will not be able to create an account. Because there are age restrictions. Apple ID password must be at least 8 characters long and not have three repeating characters in a row. Must contain numbers. The password must not match the characters with the login. Consider these points, and you will register easily.
Setting up a VPN on iPhone
Via built-in settings iOS 12 and newer
To use this method, you must visit a resource that provides VPN services in advance, and create an account on it.
Let’s configure using the example of the free service https://www.vpngate.net/en. We are interested in a large table and only those servers where there is a green checkbox in the L2TP / IPsec column.
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Select the item “Basic”,
- Looking for “, VPN”,
- Click “Add VPN Configuration”,
- We select “, Type”, L2TP. Description., your arbitrary name. In the server field, copy the value of the DDNS hostname IP Address column, i.e. it will be something with the ending.opengw.net (for example vpn904585973.opengw.net). In the fields “Account”, “Password” and “Shared key” we just write vpn.
It remains to start the VPN. To do this, click on the button and wait for the connection.
If the connection did not occur, then there are 2 options:
- You made a mistake while entering data (server name, password, if any, etc.).
- The selected VPN server is no longer available.
Please note: if you use a paid VPN (you bought access from one of the services), then they may have their own settings. service instructions.
VPN setting and best apps not working on iPhone
To understand the reason why the VPN is not working on your iPhone, at the beginning of the article we will take a look at how to configure the VPN profile correctly so that you can trace your mistakes and fix them right away. Let’s also see how to use the popular free Betternet application.
And in the second part of the article, we will dwell on the reasons for the disappearance of the VPN icon, as well as the nuances of using this functionality on the iPhone X and newer, i.e. models without a classic status bar (with a monobrow).
This article is suitable for all iPhone XS / XR / X / 8/7/6/5 and Plus models on iOS 12. Older versions may have different or missing menu items and hardware support specified in the article.
Problem. the VPN icon is missing
When the iPhone is connected to the network using VPN, a corresponding icon will appear in the top notification bar. The disappearance of this icon will indicate that you are still connected to the Internet, but redirection is completed via VPN.
The VPN connection is interrupted, and it can be deactivated on its own due to problems on the server that provides the VPN service, or if the Internet connection is unstable.
In this situation, you need to manually reconnect to the VPN using any of the above methods. There is a chance that the device will first have to be rebooted, and only then reconnect.
VPN on iPhone via apps
Similar actions are much easier to do if you use third-party applications. For example, the free Betternet software from the App Store.
This method is the easiest to configure VPN on iPhone.
After the first launch of the program, you will be prompted to create a VPN profile automatically. Agree.
As a result, a new profile will be created and you will have a VPN icon at the top of the iPhone status bar.
In the application itself, you can select the country through whose server you will work. There is also a shutdown button (Disconnect).
How to listen to music on iPhone without internet
VPN not working on iPhone
There are reasons why VPN connection may not work on iPhone:
- Problems with the server providing VPN services.
- Unstable internet connection.
The first thing the user needs to do is check the stability of the Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection. After that, we check the correctness of the entered settings, if you used the connection method through the built-in settings. If you are using a VPN application, then you can try to install another program.
It turns out that the best way to solve VPN problems on iPhone is to choose a different application or service. It is important to choose a VPN that will function in your area.
What is VPN and why is it needed
VPN, or virtual private network, is a reliable way to protect the data that you transfer over the Internet. Technically, a VPN is a separate encrypted channel within a shared global network. When you connect to the Internet via a virtual network, you use the same sites and applications, but as if on top of the connection provided by your ISP. This means that a working Internet is required for VPN to function.
After connecting the virtual network on your device, all the data that you transfer will first pass through a secure channel to the VPN server, and from there go to the open Internet. Thus, neither the provider nor the attackers will be able to see which pages you visit, and your data, such as passwords, will be reliably protected from theft.
There is another undeniable advantage of using a virtual private network, which has become especially important in recent months, when Google services and many other sites turned out to be accidentally blocked by government agencies in pursuit of lawbreakers. Using VPN, you will be able to use familiar resources without failures.
How to manually set up a VPN for iPhone or iPad
For a better understanding of the VPN activation process, it is worth considering the manual configuration method. As a VPN service, the example below uses a free VPN Gate project, L2TP / IPsec technologies and iOS firmware.
- Go to the “Settings” application.
- You need to select the “VPN” option (or “Basic” = “VPN”).
- Click the Add VPN Configuration button.
- Specify “Type”. L2TP.
- In the “Description” field, write an arbitrary name for the connection.
- After filling in all the fields, you will need to enter the address of the VPN server through which you want to access the Internet. To get it, go to vpngate.net/en/ and take a look at the large Public VPN Relay Servers table and the L2TP / IPsec column. It is possible to use only those servers that have a green checkmark in this column.
- After making your selection, copy the lines with the ending. onengw.net or a numeric IP of your choice (the first option is recommended) in the “Server” field.
- In the fields “Account”, “Password” and “Shared key” write the word vpn.
- After filling in all the fields, click the “Finish” button.
- To start using the virtual network, in the VPN settings menu, switch “Status” to “On”. If everything is in order, you will see the corresponding indicator on the top bar.
Setting up VPN on iPhone or iPad
Many owners of Apple smartphones are intimidated by setting up a VPN on the iPhone: this procedure is associated with something complicated and difficult for an ordinary user. But using popular applications, you can set up VPN in a few clicks, including for iPad and iPod Touch.
VPN setup using apps
The same can be done even easier using the free Betternet app. This is the easiest way to set up VPN on Apple devices. After installing and launching it, you will find only two buttons: Connect and Disconnect.
With the only tap on the screen, you can start a connection via VPN or disconnect it and start using the Internet directly. Many are wondering why it is free. If in the case of manual configuration we are talking about an academic project, then Betternet can be helped by installing free applications from partners from the App Store.
The notion that encryption is necessary only for hackers and intruders is fundamentally wrong. Confidentiality of data transmitted over the Internet has long become a norm and a necessity, because information is expensive and privacy is inviolable.
It is recommended to use the DDNS name. you can continue to use it even if the corresponding DDNS IP address changes in the future. However, in some countries you may not be able to use the DDNS hostname. in this case, you must use the IP address.
- Enter 0.0.0.0/0 in the Route Forwarding field. Make sure you enter the correct value for this field. Otherwise, you will not be able to establish a connection to the VPN server.
- After that click the “Save” button.
For the L2TP / IPsec column Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android No client required in the server list, a check mark must be marked that indicates support for the custom L2TP / IPsec protocol.
- Copy the DDNS hostname (identifier ending in “.opengw.net”) or IP address (numerical value xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and enter it in the “Server address” field on the configuration screen.
- From the iPhone / iPad home screen, select the Settings app.
- Select the VPN option (or go to the Basic VPN menu), then click Add VPN Configuration.
- On the settings page, select the L2TP Type and add a connection name in the Description field, for example “VPN Gate”.
- Next, on this screen, you need to enter either the hostname or the IP addresses of the server from the pool of open VPN Gate servers http://www.vpngate.net/en/ (for the L2TP / IPsec column Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android No client required in the server list must be ticked).
- Open the list of open relay servers and select the VPN server you want to connect to.
VPN setup (L2TP / IPsec) for Android
This tutorial demonstrates how to connect to VPN Gate relay server using L2TP / IPsec VPN client built into Android mobile operating system.
Starting a VPN connection
- Enter vpn in the “Username” and “Password” fields when using for the first time. Check the “Save credentials” checkbox. Click the Connect button to establish a VPN connection
- After a VPN connection is established, the Connected status will appear in the corresponding entry from the VPN list. A VPN activation notification may appear on your Android device. Click on the message to see the status of the current connection.
It is recommended to use the DDNS name. you can continue to use it even if the corresponding DDNS IP address changes in the future. However, in some countries you may not be able to use the DDNS hostname. in this case, you must use the IP address.
How to change iCloud account
There are two ways to sign out of your iCloud account on iPhone, but either way requires you to enter your password. When buying an iPhone off-hand, you need to ask the former owner to remove the account from the device. Otherwise, he will have to do it through the official website in his personal account. If you log out on the iPhone itself, you can use the following method.
A simple solution on how to change account on iPhone looks like this:
- At the top of the screen, click on Apple-ID or iCloud in the old version.
- In the window that appears, enter the password, click on “Off.”.
- A list of applications will appear on the screen, the settings for which can be copied to your phone. To do this, set the sliders opposite them to the “Enabled” position. If removal is carried out irrevocably, move to the opposite position.
- To sign in to another account, reopen the Settings menu and select iCloud.
- At the top of the screen, select “Login to device”: either create a new account, or enter a ready.
- Enter the unlock code, after which it will be possible to combine the saved data from the old account with the new one. The selection method is the same as for copying.
Change account on iPhone
A phone account stores personal application settings and the owner’s personal information. The problem of how to change the account on the iPhone may arise when several people sell or use the gadget. To correctly change your account, you need to remember the authorization data and save important information before exiting.
An iPhone account stores a ton of useful information that only applies to the user. Therefore, it is useful to know how to delete your account from the device without leaving any “traces”. But if you want, you can copy some parameters to your phone for another account.