How to set the date and time on the computer in the BIOS, Windows 7 and Windows 10
Sometimes there are situations when you need to change the time on a computer or even a date, but as practice shows, novice users of computers Even this simple task can put in a dead end. After reading this article, you will learn how to set the date and time on the computer entering the BIOS settings, as well as in Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
In which situations may need to change the time settings on the computer? For example, you flew up with your laptop on another time zone and that your computer worked local time, it will need to change it.
Or for example, you have after turning off the computer constantly gets off time and you need to configure it every time. In this case, you must first figure out why it happens, and already eliminating the malfunction, set up the date and time.
Time can be born due to the fact that the battery was discharged, then you just need to replace it. By the way, as soon as you pull the batter from the system board, all system settings are assembled and returned to the default settings, including the time and after replacing the battery you will need to configure it.
Some programs that have a license tied to the date will not work if it is not correct on the computer, so you need to follow the normal operation of the system hours.
For experienced users: Command line on behalf of the administrator
To set up time, via the command line, run it with administrator rights. In the Start menu, in the “Utilities Windows” section, click on the “Command Line” label Right-click. Next, select “Advanced”. “Run on the name of the administrator”.In the command-line console, enter the command (you can copy and paste) TIME: HH: MM. Instead of “HH” you need to specify a number indicating the clock, and “MM” means moments. Press Enter confirmation key. Time in the system will be changed.
The easiest way to set the correct time is to go to the settings window from the context menu (trait). To do this, right-click on the clock in the taskbar (in the lower right corner of the screen) and select the appropriate item.You will then find a dialog box similar to the above in which you can enter the required parameters.When working with time settings, always pay attention to the time zone. Maybe it is installed wrong? Precisely because of this and may occur in the OS. If the clock is knocked down after each restart of the computer, you should replace the power battery on the motherboard. 18 01 2019
3 How to change the time format and date
If you want, you can change the date and time format in Windows 10. This will change the way to display time and date on the computer.
- Go to the time and language parameters.
- On the next screen, click the date and time in the side menu on the left. On the right pane, click Additional Date and Time Parameters, Regional Settings.
- On the next screen, scroll down and click on the link change date, time and numbers.
- On the next screen, you can change the time display format and date on your computer.
1 Automatic Setting Time and Date in Windows 10
Follow these steps to automatically set the time and date on your computer with Windows 10.
- Click Start Settings icon.
- On the settings screen, select the time and language option.
- On the next screen, click the date and time in the side menu. On the right pane, select the correct time zone depending on the region or the country where the computer is now.
You can also enable the Automatic Summer Time Function. If the country in which you live, follows the transition for summer time.
After you choose the right time zone, the clock on the computer will be automatically configured to display the correct time and date.
If you enable the automatically switch option for summer time and back, your computer will automatically move forward for 1 hour in spring and back to 1 hour in autumn, depending on summer time transition settings in your region.
How to change the time on the computer
The time on the computer screen is shown in the lower right corner of the screen, and the fact that the clock shows the time constantly very convenient for work. Sometimes you have to change the time settings, especially when moving from winter time and vice versa, from summer on winter. In addition, the recent time is often changing, all this requires changing the date and time settings.
Change the time on the computer, you can click on the clock, which are in the extreme right of the string “Start”. At the same time, the computer will display the calendar, look into which is sometimes necessary, and the dial with arrows. In this window you need to click on the “Changing the date and time settings”. the “Date Time” window opens.
In the window that opens, you can change the date and time and set the time zone settings. After the next decree on the translation of the shooter, the time on my computer began to be periodically stopped: a few days after installation, the clock began to go for one hour ahead. After changing the time zone, this problem no longer manifested itself.
Why did the watch showed incorrect time? It turns out in Windows 7, computer clock is synchronized with the Internet. The “Time On the Internet” tab can be found in the Date and Time window, where the computer is configured to synchronize with what site. You can change the synchronization settings by clicking on the corresponding “Edit Settings” button, and you can turn off the synchronization by removing the checkbox in the window that opens.
The “Additional Watch” tab allows you to customize the clock in another time zone, it will be necessary when, for example, you need to have time to connect to a remote seminar (webinar), which are usually held for Moscow time, or have time to start trading on the stock exchange if you are engaged in Internet Trading.
Thus, the calendar and watches are hiding in the lower right corner of the screen. All date and time settings are available when you click on the clock. The clock on the computer is not required to constantly check and bring the arrows, as they are synchronized with the Internet over the Internet.
Like a large number of other parameters, date and time can be adjusted via the command line. Note that it must be launched on behalf of the administrator.
- Click Start and enter CMD. In search results you will see a command line. Click on it right-click and select Run with administrator rights.
- To check the current date, enter the DATE / T command, and to check the current time, enter TIME / T.
- To change the date via the command line, enter the DATEM / DD / GGG. MM is a month, DD. this is the day, GGYG. year. In other words, to set the date on September 5, 2017, you need to enter DATE09 / 05/2017. After that, Windows will automatically change the date, and you will see a new value on the taskbar clock.
- To set the time through the command line you need to use Timexx: XX. Instead of xx: xx need to enter the right time. For example, Time10: 00. After entering the command, press ENTER and changes will be automatically used.
Changing the time zone is carried out both through parameters and through the control panel.
How to configure the date and time in the system parameters?
To configure the date and time you need to go to the “Start” menu select “Parameters” or use the simultaneous press of the “WinI” keys. Click on the “Time and Language” icon
For manual administration of the date and time you need to disable the setting “Set the time automatically”
Make the current date and time and click on the “Edit” button
Problems when changing parameters
When setting up time and dates errors occur: the freshly installed parameters are reset, changes are not applied, throws out with an error from “settings”. It highlights these most frequent errors:
- The problem consists in a single failure in system work. After or reset the settings fails to stop.
- Auto shockronization of time is activated on the device, so attempts to change the settings manually do not succeed. To disable autosynchronization, you should remove the checkbox from the value “Use the date and time of the network” in the time settings and dates.
- There was a conflict of time zones SIM card and smartphone (most often happens to Tele2 operator).
- Marriage in the firmware of the device. In this situation, if you are not an experienced user, it is better to contact the service center. With independent flashing there is a big risk of damaging the device.
To correct the problem with the conflict of SIM cards and time zones, perform such steps:
- Initially, we keep important information from your smartphone to another place, otherwise it will be lost.
- Pull out the SIM card and reset the settings. Return the gadget to the initial state. To get such a possibility, go to “Settings”, select “Restore and Reset”, after which click on the “Reset Settings” button. On the devices with a reset can not be done. it can destroy the firmware.
With a third-party program
A variety of programs have been developed to work with time. For example, you can use the free ATOMIC CLOCK SYNC. Download its free version, weighing less than megabyte, from the official site. https: // www.worldtimeserver.COM / ATOMIC-CLOCK /.
In the main program of the program you can always see the most accurate time. In an additional tab, you can manually change the gap, after which the time on the computer will be synchronized with the world.
Atomic Clock Sync you can find out the exact time