Forgot iCloud password on iPhone: what to do
In today’s article, you will find step-by-step instructions on what to do if you forgot your iCloud password on your iPhone. 5 ways to recover your password: by email, security question, two-step verification, two-factor authentication, and support. But first things first.
Surely each of you has forgotten your password at least once in your life. Today, with all the abundance of social networks, services and a variety of site formats, you have to keep a lot of data in your head. Therefore, it is not surprising that some of it is sometimes “lost”
Fortunately for us, the developers of the iCloud cloud service have prudently taken care of this possibility and introduced as many as five ways to restore access to your storage. In this article, we will talk about what to do if you forgot your Icloud password on your iPhone.
How to reset your password using email
The easiest way to restore iCloud if you forgot your password is to use the email linked to your account. This option is suitable for users of any device; If you have forgotten the password from Icloud on iPhone 6th, 7th, 8th or X, then this is what you need. The procedure can be performed even through a computer.
Change Apple ID password
- Enter the browser.
- In its address bar, write the address “https://iforgot.Apple.com”.
- On the page that opens, enter your Apple
- Select the “Reset” option.
- Then, when the system offers you several recovery options to choose from, select “Via E-mail”.
- Then click “Continue”.
- Open the email address you provided before.
- There should be a letter from the service, open it and follow the specified link; if not, check the “Spam” folder; if it is not there either. return to the previous page and select the option “Send the letter again” there.
- A page will open in front of you, where you need to enter a new password.
All that remains for you after that is to enter the cloud using the new data. Another reset letter will be sent to you, you do not need to reply to it, you can simply delete.
How to access iCloud by answering security questions
If for some reason you do not have access to the email associated with your iCloud account, then you can enable reset by security questions.
To use this option, you need to repeat the first four steps from the previous instructions, and then select the second option to restore access.
In this case, you will need to answer two security questions. You asked these questions and the answers to them yourself during registration. In addition, you will be asked to indicate your date of birth (the one that is indicated on your profile).
If you enter everything correctly, you will see a form for resetting the old password and creating a new one. After that, just go to your account with the new data.
If you are unable to regain access to your account, then the only option to log into iCloud remaining for you is to contact Support.
- To get started, go to “https://iforgot.Apple.com”.
- Enter your account details here.
- The system will give you all the matches.
- Then go to “https://getsupport.Apple.com/”.
- Request the restoration of access to your account, while you should indicate as much information about it as possible.
- If you are asked to send a photo with a box from the device or a passport. take it and send it; you may also be asked to answer additional questions about your account.
If you manage to prove to the support staff that you are the real owner of the account, they will allow you to change your password to a new one.
What to do if you forgot your Icloud password on an older iPhone? As mentioned earlier, two-step verification is a method exclusively for older devices. It used to be used instead of 2FA.
For this method, how to unlock iCloud, if you forgot your password, you will need a recovery key. If it is also lost, then you can only create a new ID. If you have it, then let’s get down to business.
- We repeat the first four steps from the instructions with e-mail.
- Instead of sending instructions by mail, we select the request to enter the recovery key.
- Specify a trusted device.
- It should receive a code very quickly.
- Enter it on the site.
Access to your vault will be restored as soon as you come up with a new password.
Change iPhone password
Below we will consider two options for changing the password on the iPhone: from the Apple ID account and the security key, which is used when unblocking or confirming payment.
How to change password on iPhone
- Open the settings, and then select the “Touch ID and passcode” item (the name of the item may differ depending on the device model, for example, for the iPhone X it will be “Face ID and passcode”).
Confirm login with your phone lock screen password.
Apple ID password
The master key, which must be complex and reliable, is installed on the Apple ID account. If the fraudster knows him, he will be able to perform various manipulations with devices connected to the account, for example, remotely block access to information.
Open the settings. At the top of the window, select your account name.
In the next window go to the section “Password and Security”.
A window for entering a new password will appear on the screen. Enter the new security-key twice. Please note that the password must be at least 8 characters long and must include at least one number, uppercase and lowercase letters. As soon as you complete the creation of the key, tap in the upper right corner on the “Change” button.
Take iPhone security seriously and change passwords periodically to ensure all personal information is safe.
This method involves changing the password also on your device, just not through the settings, but in the App Store, right in your account:
- Open the App Store on iPhone and click on the account in the upper right corner;
- Click on your account again to go to its settings. In some cases, you need to re-enter your Apple ID password, so enter it;
- In the next window you will be asked to go to a separate page to change your password. Click on it;
- If you use Touch ID or Face ID, you won’t have to enter your Apple ID password in the browser version. Just look at the screen or tap with your finger;
- Then click the “Security” item to go to the security settings;
- Here click on the item “Change password” and specify a new one.
This completes the process of changing the password for your account. Thus, you can change it at any time, even without having access to your smartphone.
The data will be changed through the official website iCloud.com in the desktop version of the browser. Therefore, the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the iCloud.com website in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID, on which you need to change the password;
- After authorization, click on the “Account Settings” tab;
- In the next window, click “Manage” under the Apple ID tab;
- You will be redirected to another page, where you will again need to specify the data from your account (log in again);
- In some cases, additional authentication is required, so a request may be sent to your smartphone with the same account. Confirm it and enter the verification code in the browser;
- In the “Security” tab, click “Change password”;
- Next, specify the old version, and come up with a new one, confirming it again, and then confirm the operation.
At this point, the procedure for changing the combination will be carried out and on your devices using the current Apple ID, you will need to authorize again.
iTunes is the official app from Apple, with which you can manage devices and purchases on them, as well as perform a large number of other operations, including changing your account password. Most importantly, you don’t have to connect your phone to do this. This is done like this:
- Open iTunes and click on “Account”;
- If you are already logged in, then click the “View” item, if not, then log in with your Apple ID and then go to this section;
- In some cases, additional password entry may be required, so specify it;
- The next window will display your account information. Here you need to click on the item “Change on the site”;
- You will be redirected to the Apple page where you will need to select your region. In our case, this is Russia;
- You will most likely need to log in again. After that you will be redirected to the page where you can click “Change password” and change it. This will be the same page as in the case of iCloud.
Via iPhone Settings
We are looking at the example of iOS 13, which is currently installed on most devices from Apple. If you have an earlier version of the operating system, then some menu items may differ slightly:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device and click on your account;
- Then click on “Password and Security”;
- Here you need to click the “Change password” tab;
- If you have a lock code set, you will have to enter it before you change your Apple ID. Enter it;
- Enter a new combination, confirm it and save.
This completes the process of changing the password through the iPhone settings.
What passwords are on the iPhone?
At the moment, there are three types of passwords in the iPhone, namely:
- Apple ID account. When registering an account with Apple, you must specify a password, since without it you will not even be able to download the application in the App Store;
- Lock screen. Used when unlocking the device. It can be set as a simple code, consisting of 4-6 digits, and a complex one of various characters;
- Limitations. The password is set in the restrictions section, so you can block access to certain sites, for example, 18 or restrict the launch of certain applications.
Below we have considered for each case the possibility of changing the password on the iPhone, so if necessary, you can change it at any time.
Change the lock screen password
The lock code, or, as it is also called, the security key, is used to prevent unauthorized persons if other persons take possession of your smartphones. They will not be able to unlock the iPhone without entering control characters. So, if you need to change the installed code, you can do this through the iPhone settings:
- Go to the “Settings” of your device and click on the item “Touch-ID and passcode”;
- Enter the lock code that is set on your phone. Entering this menu requires entering it;
- Scroll down the list until you find the item “Change password code”;
- Click on this item, specify the old code and enter the new one.
This completes the procedure for changing the lock code on the iPhone. But at the same time, your Touch ID will still use the same fingerprint, regardless of the code change.
Change your Apple ID password
An Apple ID account is required on every iOS smartphone. There are several ways to change it.
How to change password on iPhone
There are a lot of possibilities on modern devices, so phones are a thing that accompanies most of the users always and everywhere, because confidential information, photos, videos, messages and many other data are stored there. Confidentiality is very important in this case, therefore, on all smartphones, by default, you can set up a password to enter, there is a password when entering an account and other security measures.
And if you are reading this material, then you need to change the password on the iPhone. But what kind of password are we talking about? There are several sections that use their own login system in iOS, but we’ve covered all of them. Choose the option that you need and follow the steps step by step.
How to change iCloud password on iPhone
iCloud is the cloud storage you need to sync, save, and update your iOS and Mac data. The work takes place in the background, so many users forget about this function and are surprised when the gadget asks for some numbers. In this regard, the question arises of how to change the password for iCloud on the iPhone. In most cases, the need to change it arises when selling a phone or buying a new one in order to secure your personal information on the device and cloud storage. How to change iCloud password on iPhone?
Change iCloud password via Mac
First you need to go to the settings. In the upper right corner there is a search bar where you need to enter “Password and Security”. Then go to the “Change” icon and enter the system characters from your laptop. Next, proceed according to the instructions on the device screen.
Note! If the search icon appears, you need to go to the settings by clicking the apple symbol in the upper left corner. Further “System settings”.Apple ID.
If you failed to change the code numbers, it means that you were not logged into iCloud through your laptop. You can change it as follows:
- Type in the search bar “iCloud” or through the menu go to system settings.
- Select “Account”, then “Security”.
- Then you can change the password through two-step verification or using recovery keys (phone number, email, security questions).
Change iCloud password on iPad
Replacing account information on an iPad is the same as on an iPhone. If your phone has been updated to iOS 11 or later, you can replace the data through two-factor identification with a recovery key tied to it. You can use it to reset the old and set a new password.
How to change password on iPhone
When using gadgets from Apple, a special iCloud account is created, for which you need a password. Thus, the company “Apple” monitors the number of phones, tablets, laptops from one owner.
Note! If you lose your gadget, you can use your account to find your phone using the Find iPhone application or recover data.
If you know the Apple ID and you just need to change the username or password from the cloud storage, it is best to do this on the Apple website. You don’t have to make a new system to log in. To change the data, you can use a special section on the site. Step-by-step instruction:
- You should log in to the website www.Apple.com/ru by clicking on the “Login” button in the far right corner.
- Dial your personal data (Apple ID, code characters).
- Enter the “Security” section, click the “Change” button and specify a new username.
- Select the “Change password” item. On this page you need to answer security questions.
- The last step is to enter your old password once and your new password twice.
The data from the site should automatically sync with the phone. If this does not happen, you need to manually update the data on iCloud on the iPhone.
How to change icloud password for any iphone.
If you need to change the password on the iPhone, because you forgot the old one, you can do it in two ways:
- Through the mailbox specified during registration. Go to the authorization section and click the “Forgot your password” button. In the window that appears, indicate your mail. After a while, a letter should come to her with a link to change the data.
- With the help of security questions. This method should help if the user does not remember his mail, which he indicated during registration. You should click on “Forgot your password” and select the item to reset data using questions. If the answers that were specified during registration match, you should be able to generate a new login code.
Note! When changing the password, make it long enough and do not use simple symbols, it is better to combine lowercase letters and numbers.
How to change email password on iPhone
To change the iCloud password via E-mail, go to the recovery page in the browser, then click on “Forgot Apple ID or password?”, Select “Reset”. You will be prompted to confirm the phone or email number you provided when you created your account, or to ask for security questions. You must enter an email. A confirmation letter will be sent to the mail, you should follow the link and change the code. Now you will need to log into your account in the settings to update the code digits.
Set and change the password for restrictions
Open your phone settings and go to the Screen Time section. If the function is disabled, it will enable it. You can specify whose iPhone it is. yours or your child.
On the next screen, click on the button to change / use the code-password and enter it. It can be the same as the one you specified in the PIN or absolutely unique. Here he turns off.
How to Reset Apple ID. iCloud Password
Now, after setting any restrictions or limits in this section, you will need to enter this code to unlock them.
Interesting! This opportunity is usually used by parents for their children, so that they do not spend a lot of time in certain programs and games, and cannot visit sites for adults.
How to change the password on iPhone: instructions
You can change the password on the iPhone, both on the PIN and on the Apple ID. All this is done quite simply right in the phone settings, plus, it is possible to install additional protection measures.
So, you can always quickly change the password code, if someone recognized it, make it consist only of numbers or be with letters, and also increase or decrease its length.
In the previous article, we examined in detail and with visual pictures how to update the application on the iPhone. Today we will analyze in no less detail how to change the password on the iPhone, if desired, remove it or, conversely, turn it on. You will also learn how to change your Apple ID login information.
Interesting! Recently, an interesting and detailed material on a similar topic was released on the site. how to recover an Apple ID password. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with it.
Change Apple ID password from iPhone
Open settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the “Password and Security” section.
Here go to “Change password”, enter the passcode, and then a new one to sign in to your Apple ID.
Change the login information using the password code
Open your smartphone settings and go to the “Touch ID / Face ID and Passcode” section. You will be immediately asked to enter your current passcode. do it.
Here, depending on the version of your iPhone, you can additionally set up Touch ID or Face ID. Click on “Change passcode”, enter the current one again, and then set a new one.
Interesting! By clicking on the “Parameters” link, you can specify the length of the code and make it so that, in addition to numbers, it can also include letters. so the level of protection will be even higher.
If you wish, here you can turn it off altogether, if you are sure that no one except you can use the smartphone, or you have a common one.
Important! Enter the code word / numbers correctly, try not to make mistakes, otherwise the iPhone will be locked and you will have to take additional steps to reanimate it.
Block. DOTSUP WITH SCREEN LOCKING:
This block contains functions and tools that will be available to the user when the phone screen is locked. without having to enter a code word.
Therefore, if you want to disable or, conversely, make some elements available, you can immediately configure everything in this block.
I also recommend disabling the lowest function “Wipe data”, otherwise when you enter the password 10 times incorrectly. all data from the phone will be deleted.
When you unlock your iPhone, of course, in any case, everything will be deleted and it may seem that the function is useless. But, if you have a contact that is recorded as an emergency contact, you will be able to call him from the locked screen, and if everything is erased, you will no longer be able to. Therefore, it is better to disable the function just in case, so at least you can call, even to one person. this can help out in certain situations.
How to change password on iPhone
In total, on the iPhone, you can set three types of different passwords in the settings, which may differ from each other. We’ll look at how to change each of them.
The passcode is the one you enter to unlock your iPhone.
Apple ID. The one entered to access the Apple account associated with the phone. Without an Apple ID, you won’t be able to use the iTunes Store and other important features of your device.
Restricting certain features and content. The one that is put on blocked applications to access 18 sites and other functions and tools of the system.
It is always advisable to change the code word if there is a suspicion that someone might recognize it. Plus, just in case, write it down somewhere in case you forget.
Turn on iCloud Keychain on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Click on “Settings”, click on [your name] and select “iCloud“.
- Click the FOB.
- Slide to enable iCloud Keychain.
- If you choose to “Approve Later” when you sign in to your Apple ID, you will be asked to provide confirmation with your old password or from another device when prompted. If you cannot approve, reset your end-to-end encrypted data when prompted.
How to Change iCloud Account on iPhone without Data Loss
How to change iCloud account on iPhone will not be fully covered unless we mention how to change iCloud account on iPhone without data loss.The main problem with iCloud account syncing is data loss or merging when changing, deleting or editing accounts. and this problem is most common among iOS users who have different sync accounts on their different iOS devices.
Therefore, to change your iCloud account on iPhone without data loss, follow these steps:
Go to iPhone settings. Click on iCloud. Scroll down and click on “Remove Account”. At this point, a pop-up notification will warn you that deleting your account will delete all documents stored in iCloud, and then click Save to My iPhone. Press the Home button to return to your apps. Click iCloud Settings Add New Account.
Can I make sure that my information will not be saved to iCloud?
Yes. Once you’ve set up your iCloud Keychain, skip the step to generate an iCloud Security Code. Your keychain data will then be stored locally on the device and only updated on your approved devices. If you don’t create an iCloud security code, Apple won’t be able to help you recover your iCloud keychain.
If your account uses two-factor authentication, this does not apply.
How to change iCloud password on iPhone. Apps4Life
There are often situations where you need to change the iCloud password on iPhone. This happens during a sale, or there is a possibility that someone has found out your Apple ID account information, and there is a threat of hacking. To reliably protect your personal information, changing your password is essential from time to time. It should be borne in mind that if one identifier is used for iCloud, iTunes, App Store and other Apple services, then when changing the combination to gain access to them, you will need to enter a new password.
Smart TV or streaming media device
Open Apple Music, Apple TV, or Apple Podcasts.
- If you are logged out, select “Settings”, then select “Account” “Sign in”.
- If you signed in with your previous Apple ID, select Settings, select Account, Sign out, then select Settings, select Account, Sign in and enter your updated Apple ID and password.
Can Apple Recover My iCloud Security Code?
Not. If you’ve entered the wrong iCloud security code too many times, you won’t be able to use that iCloud keychain. You can contact Apple Support to verify your identity and try again. If you’ve made a few wrong attempts, your keychain will be removed from Apple’s servers and you’ll need to reinstall it.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple is provided without recommendation or approval. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, performance, or use of third party websites or products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of third party websites. Contact the seller for more information.
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- If you’re signed out on your iPhone or iPod touch, click Use Apple ID for FaceTime and enter your updated Apple ID and password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password.
- If you’re signed in with your old Apple ID, click your Apple ID, then click Sign Out. On your iPhone or iPod touch, click Use my Apple ID for FaceTime and enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password.
Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later
- Open the FaceTime app.
- Select FaceTime Settings.
- If you’re signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password.
- If you’re signed in with your old Apple ID, select your Apple ID, click Sign Out. Then click Sign Out again when asked to confirm and enter your updated Apple ID and password.