S-Video is an analog interface. It can only transmit video files of standard definition television (576i and 480i), which means that modern speech quality formats are out of the question. TVs are rarely equipped with such a port, therefore, in order to project an image from a laptop, an S-Video to RCA adapter is additionally required. Also, do not use an S-Video cable longer than 2 meters, as this will degrade the signal quality. To transfer audio to TV, similar to DVI, you will need to use a “minijack”.
After connecting the cable, you always need to install the video source on the TV
Let’s look at how you can output an image to a TV via USB. In this case, when connecting USB-USB, it will be impossible to view video, since this standard is not designed to transfer video data. In this option, you can view images, presentations, text documents. With this connection, the TV will see the laptop as a USB flash drive.
But to duplicate the laptop display, you can use the output to the TV’s HDMI port. To do this, you need an adapter, which is an external video card. You will need to install the driver from the video card to the laptop. When purchasing such an adapter, you should pay attention to the characteristics of the transmitted video (Full HD support) and sound.
We have already considered the connection using a local network wirelessly. Lan is a network but wired (Ethernet) connection. If the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module, then you can use this method. To mirror the computer screen to the TV, you will need to follow the same steps as for the WI – FI connection. Namely:
- Connect TV to a router using a network cable. In this case, the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) must be configured on the network device. Otherwise, you will have to manually register the network settings in TV;
- Connect your laptop to the same network. Wired or wireless. it doesn’t matter;
- Install the program on the laptop to output files to TV. We’ve already covered the Home Media Server application, which is easy to set up and install;
- Share the required folders. That’s it, now you can transfer images and send video for playback.
How is it possible to transfer an image from a computer to a TV using VGA? The VGA standard allows only analog signal transmission without sound. To reproduce sound, you will need an additional adapter with the so-called “tulips” or “minijack” plug. Another option is to leave the sound playing on the laptop or through the speakers connected to it. To do this, you can use the function keys of the laptop. It should display 2 screens, for example, F10Fn (function enable key). It is now possible to display videos from a laptop on a TV. When setting up display on a laptop, you can increase the resolution to get a better picture.
With any cable connection, you will have to adjust the screens on a laptop or PC
The color image is formed by means of three main signals: Red, Green, Blue. If the image is output from such a connector, then it is logical to use the same TV input. RGB replaced Scart when Scart became impossible to use in thin TVs. Mostly RGB is available on older models. Compatible with Scart and composite RCA (tulip) cables. Videos or games from the computer monitor to the TV will be broadcasted as with any other cable connection.
Determine available connections
To transfer an image from a laptop to a TV, you need to find out what methods are available for this. First, you should see what ports are present on the TV and laptop, and then decide how best to duplicate the laptop screen.
9 ways to transfer images from your computer to your TV screen
The laptop is very convenient for work with its dimensions and low weight. But when it comes to watching videos or playing games, you want to replace a small monitor with a larger screen. In case you have a TV with a large diagonal, you can connect your device to a TV or home theater. In the article, we will consider how you can display an image from a laptop on a TV.
Ways to display images from a laptop on TV
There are wireless and wired methods for displaying images from a laptop to a TV. With a wired connection, you do not need to have the same ports on both devices. If they are different, then you will need to use adapters. If you need to translate digital data to an analog input, you will need additional converters or attachments.
The disadvantages of a wireless connection are limited bandwidth and possible signal interruption. The disadvantage of connecting via a cord may be the presence of the cord itself, as well as the cable length limit for different standards. However, if you need to connect a laptop and enjoy viewing, this drawback is completely weightless and will not cause inconvenience.
All modern TVs are equipped with DLNA technology, which allows devices to exchange data within the home network. This can be done both via cable and WI-FI. If there is a connection via WI-FI, then both the laptop and TV must be connected to it. But the TV will only “see” the shared folders. In order for the TV to have access to all the information, you can open general access to all folders in the “Network” settings on the laptop. But this is not recommended for security reasons. After all, in this case, everyone who will be connected to your network will be able to use your data. Another option is to make a specific folder publicly available.
But for a more convenient display of the image on the TV, it is better to download the program. One of the recommended ones is Home Media Server. It is free and universal for different TV models, and also has wide functionality. To install on a laptop, just download the application (better on the official website) and run the installation file. After starting the program, in the settings window, you can select the category of media resources and already specify access to the folders there.
If your devices support Miracast or Intel WiDi technologies, then it is enough to enable these functions on the TV. Then he will be able to connect wirelessly to your laptop without a router, directly. On the laptop, however, you need to install the appropriate application. But when connected, you can display any picture from a laptop.
If the TV does not have a WI-FI module, then you can use various adapters that can be connected to the HDMI port. For example, one such device is the Google Chromecast, which looks like a USB flash drive. The gadget is designed for streaming multimedia content.
The connection via HDMI can be called optimal in order to transfer media data from one equipment to another. This standard provides high-speed transmission, even of files in ultra HD-quality, and transmits not only video, but also multichannel audio.
How to output images from a computer to a TV using HDMI? It is enough to connect the two devices with a cable. Then switch to TV AVI mode and select the port to which the cord is connected. On a laptop, you need to call the screen settings and set the required resolution there, as well as select the display of displays. This means that on a laptop you will be able to control both screens, and you will need to select a display for the TV screen. The options are:
- Duplications. the same image on both screens;
- Display on 1 screen. the second one will be turned off;
- Screen Enhancements. TV will become a second monitor.
The settings may vary depending on the version of the operating system.
For any wired connection, the devices must be disconnected before connecting them
The next way is how to transfer the image via DVI. The DVI standard was developed for transferring video content to digital devices. Predecessor to HDMI. And, unlike the latter, it does not transmit sound. In this case, you will need a TRS connector or adapter, otherwise called “minijack”. a very popular audio connector, probably familiar to many as an input for connecting headphones. To duplicate the screen of a computer or laptop, you will need to follow the same steps as for HDMI. Once connected, transferring the playing file is easy.
Scart is a European standard for transmitting analog and digital signals. It has different specifications, therefore, it can transmit different signals (audio channel, video, control). The convenience of the interface is that it makes it possible to connect a high-quality RGB video source to the TV without intermediate coding.
To broadcast a movie from a PC or laptop, it is better to use a VGA-SCART adapter. This is due to the fact that a large number of TVs are equipped with a SCART connector, and computers. VGA.
A wired connection with a large number of connectors is best chosen from the latest technologies. The best option is HDMI. In general, setting up your laptop and TV is straightforward. The main thing is to select the input signal on the TV, and on the laptop perform the settings that are required for the corresponding technology.
How to Mirror iPhone to Samsung Smart TV
Devices for capturing video from a TV. USB flash drive VS hard drive
Before recording, you should take care of connecting an external media in the form of a hard disk or USB flash drive. The disc must be formatted before use, and all materials from it will be lost.
The USB flash drive must be checked for compatibility on the TV (for this, press the “Source” button, select the “USB” flash drive and click “Tools”), and, if necessary, formatted there via Smart HUB.
How to record a TV program that is already on or will start soon
- Start the first recording by pressing the red button on the remote control and confirm formatting.
- All devices connected to the TV appear. You should select your device and press “Enter” on the remote.
- Formatting will not last long, depending on the size and speed of the drive. After formatting is finished, you can start recording the program. This requires confirmation in a dialog box.
- Recording starts when you use the red button on the remote control and then the Guide button.
- From the list that appears, select the program to be recorded. Then press “Enter” and “Record”.
- Configure the time to continue recording.
- Go to the “Program Manager” and select “Add programming”.
- Select the TV channel from which you want to record the program.
- Assign the start date of the recording (on a specific date or any other order of days), indicate the start time of the recording and its end.
- To stop the current recordings of programs, use the lowest right button of the remote control and confirm stop recording. You will be prompted to go to the recorded programs and view the recorded recordings.
How to record a TV broadcast to a USB flash drive (external USB drive):
Schedule TV Recording
On Samsung K series models, there is a schedule function, where you need to specify the TV channel for video recording, the time and duration of the procedure itself. You can record not one program, but a series of repetitions of the recording with an indication of their frequency.
- Connect your recorder to your TV.
- Press the button with the image of the house on the remote control, select “Live broadcast”, and then “TV guide”.
- Select the required program.
- Press OK on the remote.
- Click on “Schedule Recording” and set the parameters.
- Now the program will be automatically recorded even when the TV is turned off.
On J and H series models, the scheduled recording is assigned after pressing the “Menu” button on the remote control, selecting “Broadcast”. “Schedule Manager”. “Schedule”. Next, you need to set the desired data (channel, recording time, etc.) and click OK.
On F-series TVs, to create a scheduled recording, press the “Info” button (or hold the yellow button on the Smart remote control), use the arrows to select the desired program in the schedule and confirm with the OK button. Mark on the screen “Schedule recording” and click OK.
How to Record Video from Samsung TV Screen
In the case of video recording from Samsung TVs, a similar principle is applied (for example, M series TVs):
- Connect a hard drive or USB flash drive to the TV.
- Select the desired channel.
- Press the four-color button on the remote control.
- Select “” and press the OK button (round button in the center).
- Select “Record” and click OK.
- Recording will start.
On J series TVs, recording will start after pressing the “REC” button (or “Menu / 123” on other models) on the remote control.
On the H-series, recording starts after pressing and holding the “REC” button on the remote.
On Sumsung F series TVs, press the “Info” button on the remote (or hold the yellow button on the Smart remote), then press OK, and then select “Record” on the screen, confirming again by pressing OK.
On K series models, the first two points are similar, and then to record video, you need to press “Play / Pause” on the remote control, and then. “Record”.
Recording a broadcast that has not yet started
In this situation, the procedure is as follows:
- The program to be recorded is selected.
- Goes to the record and confirm using the “Enter” key.
- Program recording is confirmed. This process will be displayed as a red icon to show that the recording has been programmed.
Video recording from TVs Samsung, LG, Sony Вravia, Phillips to a USB flash drive, external drive
The process of recording video content (movies, TV programs) from a TV is not as complicated as it might seem at first glance to inexperienced users. To resolve this issue, you only need to follow the appropriate instructions provided in this article.
How to end the broadcast
When you want to finish broadcasting, just open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon.
A notification will appear at the top of the screen stating that the broadcast has been stopped. The TV will return to its normal state.
How to Display Image from iPhone / iPad to LG or Samsung TV with Smart TV
If you have a Samsung or LG Smart TV, you don’t have to buy an Apple TV or other device to stream your iPhone or iPad to your TV.
The new Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps developed by AirBeamTV BV allow you to stream the contents of your iOS 11 device to your Smart TV screen.
In this tutorial, we will show you how the Mirror for LG TV app works, but the Mirror for Samsung TV app should work in much the same way.
For the apps to work, your iPhone / iPad and Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If so, then you can start.
What you need to know
Although the application is very convenient, it has its own nuances that are worth knowing about. First, it only supports Smart TVs from 2012 and newer. If you are not sure which TV you have, you can check the model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, see which letter is in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012
UE78_H_U8500L = 2014
If you have an LG Smart TV, it will be more difficult to identify the model. The app developers recommend that you install a free trial version of the app and check if your TV is compatible with it.
How to Cast iPhone Screen to LG Smart TV
After connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below:
1) Download and install the Mirror for LG TV application from the App Store (the cost is 379 rubles).
3) Wait for your TV to appear in the list of available ones, and then click on its name.
4) If a window appears on the TV asking if you want to connect the device, using the remote, press Accept / Allow.
5) The application will prompt you to add a screen recording icon to the Control Center and enable access in applications. If you have these settings enabled, you can skip the corresponding steps.
6) Go to Settings → Control Center and enable Access in programs:
7) Then open the Customize Element section. control and add the Screen Recorder icon.
8) Return to the Mirror for LG TV app and skip all instructions by clicking on the button at the bottom of the screen:
9) You will need to enable Notifications so you can see when your device connects to and disconnects from your TV.
10) When you have completed all the steps, the application will redirect you to YouTube to test the function. Find any video you want to watch on TV.
11) Then open Control Center and click on the Screen Recorder icon using 3D Touch or just long press.
12) Next, select the Mirror LGTV option and click Start Broadcast.
After that, you should see the contents of your device on the TV screen with a slight lag.
Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV apps can be useful if you have a Smart TV at home.
Whether you would like to watch YouTube videos or surf the web on a big screen, these apps will do the job just fine. If you are a gamer or just hate a delay of a couple of seconds, then applications are unlikely to suit you.
Transferring images to an Android TV via Wi-Fi (Miracast)
Before starting, be sure to turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet, otherwise the following steps will show that no wireless screens are available.
Transferring an image from your phone to your TV may take slightly different steps depending on your Android version and smartphone brand, but the following options are usually available:
- In the notification area, find the “Broadcast” icon, and after searching for available TVs, click on the desired one and wait for the broadcast to start.
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, find the Smart View icon in the notification area, tap on it, wait for the TV to be found, tap on it and wait for the broadcast to start.
- Go to Settings. Display. Broadcast (or Wireless Miracast Screen), your TV will be displayed in the list (it must be turned on at this moment). Click on it and wait for the connection to be completed. On some TVs, you will need to “allow” to connect (a prompt will appear on the TV screen).
- Open the list of quick actions in the Android notification area, select the “Broadcast” button (may not be available), after finding your TV, click on it.
That’s all. if everything went well, then after a short time you will see the screen of your smartphone or tablet on the TV (in the photo below, the “Camera” application is open on the device and the image is duplicated on TV).
You may also find additional information useful:
- The connection does not always happen the first time (sometimes it tries to connect for a long time and nothing comes out), but if everything that is required is included and supported, it is usually possible to achieve a positive result.
- The picture and sound transmission speed may not be the best, and most games will not work like this.
- If you have launched a video on your phone, and it is transmitted to the TV as a black screen (which may be in some players and with protected content), it is better to use the transfer methods described below in the section with additional image transfer methods.
- If you usually use portrait (vertical) screen orientation, then by turning on automatic rotation and rotating the device, you will make the image occupy the entire TV screen.
How to Transfer Picture from Android Phone to TV
Not all owners of modern Smart TV and Android smartphones or tablets know that it is possible to transfer images from a phone to a TV via Wi-Fi using Miracast technology. There are other ways, for example, using an MHL cable or Chromecast (a separate device that connects to the HDMI port of the TV and receives an image via Wi-Fi) or using DLNA when connected to the same network.
In this manual, you will learn in detail how to use the ability to broadcast images with sound from your Android 9, 8, 7 and earlier phone to a TV that supports Miracast technology (Screen Mirroring). At the same time, despite the fact that the connection is carried out via Wi-FI, the presence of a router at home is not required, in any case for the direct transmission, which is discussed in the first part of the manual. May also be interesting: How to use an Android and iOS phone as a TV remote.
Checking Android Screen Casting Support and Enable Broadcasting
In order not to waste time, I recommend that you first make sure that your phone or tablet supports displaying images on wireless displays: the fact is that not every Android device is capable of this. many of them belonging to the lower and partly to the middle price segment are not support Miracast.
Broadcasting Grayed Out on Samsung Smart TV? Easy Fix
- On Android 9 (in the case of a clean OS) go to Settings. Connected devices. Connection settings. Broadcast and make sure that the option to transfer images from the phone is enabled in the menu, as in the screenshot below.
- On Samsung Galaxy smartphones, open the notification area completely and see if there is a Smart View icon (keep in mind that icons in the notification area can be scrolled and the desired one may not be on the first page).
- On earlier versions of the OS, go to Settings. Display and see if there is an item “Broadcast” (in Android 6 and 7) or “Wireless display (Miracast)” (Android 5 and some devices with proprietary skins). If the item is present, you can immediately switch it to the “Enabled” state using the menu (called by three points) on pure Android or the On-Off switch in some shells.
- Another location where you can detect the presence or absence of a wireless image transfer function (“Transfer screen” or “Broadcast”) is the quick settings area in the Android notification area (however, it may be that the function is supported, but there are no buttons to turn on the broadcast, or it is hidden and can be turned on in the settings, as shown in the video below).
If you can’t find any wireless display settings, Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Broadcast, Miracast, or WiDi, try searching through the settings by going to settings and using the search field. If nothing similar is found, it is most likely that your device does not support wireless image transmission to a TV or other compatible screen.
How to enable support for broadcasting Miracast image (WiDI) on Samsung, LG, Sony and Philips TVs
Usually, in order to be able to transfer the image from the phone to the TV, it is enough that the TV is turned on and it has the Wi-Fi adapter turned on, but sometimes the wireless display function is turned off on the TV and you may need to turn it on in the settings first. Below are examples of such settings, on your TV the items may differ slightly, but the logic is usually the same and you can find the parameters you need.
- Samsung. on the TV remote, press the Source button and select Screen Mirroring. Also, in the network settings of some Samsung TVs, there may be additional items for setting screen mirroring.
- LG. go to the settings (the Settings button on the remote). Network. Miracast (Intel WiDi) and enable this function.
- Sony Bravia. Press the source selection button on the TV remote (usually at the top left) and select Screen mirroring. Also, if you enable Built-in Wi-Fi and a separate Wi-Fi Direct item in the TV network settings (go to Home, open Settings. Network there), the broadcast can be started without selecting a signal source (TV will automatically switch to wireless broadcast), but in this case, the TV must already be turned on.
- Philips. the option is enabled in Settings. Network settings. Wi-Fi Miracast.
Theoretically, the items can change from model to model, but almost all today’s TVs with a Wi-Fi module support image reception via Wi-Fi, and I’m sure you will be able to find the desired menu item.
Additional features of transferring images, videos and photos from Android to TV
If your task is to transfer videos and photos to a TV, and not just transfer a screen with all its limitations, I recommend using other methods, but keep in mind that, unlike the previous method, it requires both TV and smartphone to be connected to the same networks (via cable or Wi-Fi. does not matter):
- An application for casting to XCast TV, available for free on the Play Store and supporting DLNA transmission (you can broadcast videos and photos from your phone), Chromecast and even AirPlay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID= cast.video.screenmirroring.casttoTV
- Cast Web Video app, which allows you to cast images not only from your phone, but also from network video services, is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=castwebbrowsertoTV.castwebvideo.webvideocaster
- Do not forget that if the TV is turned on and you are playing YouTube videos on your phone, you can click on the broadcast icon in the application on your phone to start playing the same video on a TV with the ability to control on Android.
Hopefully one of the suggested solutions worked for your phone and TV sharing scenario.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
How do I turn off my phone screen when dubbing to TV? if possible.
I do not know the ways and I am not sure what they are when mirroring the screen.
I am also very interested in this question who will help?
All inclusive and Direct etc.
Once everything was fine, and the screen was transmitted to the TV.
And then, like in the phone, I click on the connection, then the TV immediately disappears. We tried to change what to do more than once.?
Good day! Everything worked fine on the Philips TV from the Huawei P20 PRO phone. But, the sound on the TV is regulated only from the phone and, accordingly, it is hard to hear. The TV remote control does not respond to volume increase…. How to make it louder?
Hello. I connected the phone to the TV, everything worked fine. But when I launched the MTC TV or Megafon TV application and selected a channel, it shows a black screen, but there is sound, and when you press the phone screen, the timekeeping school appears, and it also appears on the TV, but the image does not. What is the reason? Thank you in advance!
Many thanks to the author! Everything works great! Explanations are available to everyone!
Good day. Bought 2 identical Xiaomi TVs on Ali. My friend’s smartphone Xiaomi note4 displays a wireless display without any problems, but I can’t. The smartphone sees my TV, the connection process goes on for a while, and this is where it all ends. I distribute Wi-Fi from the same smartphone via an access point, a friend’s everything works from my smartphone, but not for me. Please tell me what could be the problem. Thank you in advance.
Maybe just in the distribution of Wi-Fi? Try to turn off the distribution and connect to the TV.
The fact that TV is not connected to the network will be at this moment. it does not matter.
Hello, there is an image display on YouTube and it works, but this function is not in the phone settings. I wanted to start the game.
help me please.
Good day to all. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone, LG KP5900 TV set, the Cast on YouTube of the phone perfectly transmits, but after a certain time, the picture and sound begin to freeze, for 20 seconds it freezes, then it works normally again and so on constantly. Please tell me who solved this problem. I will be grateful.
And if the same video is launched without a phone, but simply on TV in the YouTube application? It’s just that the problem is due to the “small brains” of the TV.
Hello. Smart TV. Accidentally clicked “reject” the connection of the phone to the TV. Now, whenever you try to connect wirelessly from your phone, the TV automatically rejects the request without asking anything. What to do?
I think somewhere in the TV settings you can find the corresponding parameters and disable the lock there.
Good evening TV Philips 5507. I can not bring Smart to TV help
And what exactly does not work? At what stage is the problem and what it looks like?
Sound stutters when broadcasting a movie from a smartphone to a TV via Wi-Fi. Something can be done?
Most likely, nothing if just by transferring the image, as in the article you are transferring. Not very stable such connection.
But if you are the one to transfer movies (and those saved on your phone) to TV, then it’s better to use DLNA for this (I don’t have such instructions, but there is a DLNA server on Android on the Internet on request)
I got out of the situation. I bought a cable and now I watch movies from my laptop online. I don’t like downloading and saving.
Thank you for your answer.
Good day. I have a UE46ES800 Samsung TV, I tried to transfer an image from a Sony E5533 Android 6.0 phone, it has screen mirroring, and the TV does not have a Screen Mirroring signal source, it has HDMI, HDMI2-CEC and external. How can I accomplish my idea? Need some kind of device?
Is there something related to Smart View somewhere? perhaps not in the choice of the signal, but separately in the settings.
And it is possible to transfer a screen image from a laptop to an Android tablet using a cable or otherwise in a movie mode?
Good afternoon, the TV gives a “playback error” when performing the 2nd step of connecting to the TV, miracle is on, wi-fi direct finds TV, the phone model is redmi note 4x. Tell me how to solve the problem.
If the TV shows it like this, then the smartphone may somehow encode the signal differently than the TV supports. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to fix it. If possible, check on another TV (from relatives, friend).
I have a TV with HDMI and USB, and an Android tablet with the same ports. What are the ways to transfer images through these ports?
Depends on the phone. Some are able to use USB-C (and in my opinion there were even rare models with MicroUSB) via a cable or adapter to transmit via HDMI, but here the specific phone model is important.
Well, or, if there is support for Miracast on TV and phone, then as described in the article.
TV set-top boxes
By far the best option for watching videos and transferring any files is a Samsung TV, equipped for such purposes with everything you need. But how to watch a video if the available TV simply does not support the Smart TV function? It turns out that there will be no difficulties with this if you purchase a special console, which will significantly expand its capabilities. The best of its kind is Google Chromecast, a state-of-the-art technology for broadcasting all types of media content, compatible with all TVs and mobile operating systems. To connect it, you will need to apply simple manipulations:
- connect the set-top box to the TV using an HDMI cable;
- connect the set-top box to the power supply using a USB cable;
- connect a Wi-Fi router to the HDMI port of the set-top box to connect to the Internet;
- download and install the Google Home application on your smartphone;
- launch the finished application and log into it through your Google account;
- to start broadcasting, you just need to select from the list of Chromecast.
After that, you can, without any restrictions, not only watch a movie from your phone, but also hold presentations, open any of the saved files on the big screen and play your favorite games.
Attention! When buying a set-top box, you should pay attention to one important detail. there are two versions of Chromecast, the first supports Full HD resolution, the second 4K, but it costs more.
It is noteworthy that the connection process is as simple as possible, difficulties will not arise even for those who have no idea how it happens. But you don’t really have to figure it out, there are a huge number of ways, and in the devices themselves, both in smartphones and in TVs, all of them are provided in advance. The easiest way is for owners of the latest models of Xiaomi and iPhone, TVs, with support for Smart TV, in which such possibilities are unlimited and varied. But for not the most modern and advanced models, if they lack any of the functions, there are easier options to broadcast videos, images or music.
In any case, you will need to resort to one of two types of connection: wireless, or using a cable. The difference between them is significant, but in terms of the effort required to set up and the level of complexity, both types differ little from each other. The functionality of the devices itself, regardless of the brand, model, operating system, does not play a special role in this, if they are not even identical, then they are very similar to each other. The only thing that can be difficult is if, at the time of a wired connection to watch video from a phone on a TV, it turns out that the smartphone lacks a micro HDMI port. But even this can be easily solved with the help of an adapter.
Using the app on your phone
- BubbleUPnP for DLNA. among its advantages, it is noted for compatibility with most Smart TVs, which should not be neglected. Another notable aspect of this app is the expanded support for Chromecast TVs and game consoles.
- Web Video Cast. the greatest advantage of this utility is the ability to view live broadcasts on the network, football matches, for example. Among other advantages, we can note the work on IPTV and the presence of a news column in the application itself.
- Server Cast. as the first of the presented options, is compatible with almost all models of Smart TVs. But, perhaps, its main advantage should be called support for streaming services, such as Apple TV and the presence of built-in IPTV Playlists.
After successfully connecting the phone to the TV, the corresponding icon will appear on the screen of the latter with a projection of the smartphone display.
Reference. Despite the individuality of the above utilities, the process of connecting and viewing selected files is absolutely identical.
Image output via HDMI cable
This way of playing videos or any other files from your phone on your TV has both advantages and disadvantages. Among the first, it is noted that in comparison with the previous one, the picture on the screen is displayed better, due to the absence of restrictions on the part of HDMI. But this advantage loses all meaning, in the case of playback via a phone, due to the lack of ports of this kind.
You will need to purchase an adapter for microUSB or an HDMI cable, which significantly affects the image quality. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- connect both devices using a cable between microUSB and HDMI ports;
- you do not need to do anything in the phone settings, the connection is automatic;
- in the TV settings, select the appropriate signal source “Output via HDMI”;
- in the same section, you can select the resolution and image quality from the available.
Alternatively, the broadcast starts immediately after setting the basic connection settings, and in the original file format.
Attention! Some versions of HDMI do not have the ability to deliver 4K high definition images, even if the devices support it. But this does not mean that the TV will not be able to play them the files themselves.
How to watch videos on TV through your phone
Everyone already understands that it is much more convenient to watch a video on YouTube, shot on your smartphone, saved or online, play your favorite game on the big screen. In this case, the image will not only be larger, but also much better, you can see the smallest details, which is completely invisible on a small screen. It’s just that not everyone knows how to properly broadcast a picture from a phone to a TV, and many do not even think about the possibility of this.
It should be noted right away that this is far from the best way to broadcast high-definition video from a phone to a TV, due to the actual impossibility of this. It is hopelessly outdated for this a decade ago, and it is unlikely that it will work at all to transfer large files from the phone to the TV. Bluetooth has too low speed for such purposes, maximum it is suitable for sending pictures to a large screen, and then it may take some time. It is relevant to use this transmission method only in cases where all others are not available, and provided that both devices are equipped with sensors of the latest generation. The process itself looks like this:
- turn on Bluetooth in your smartphone and TV;
- in the settings of the first one, leave the corresponding section open;
- in the list of devices available for connection that opens, select TV;
- confirm this action in the TV settings.
If the connection is successful, the “phone screen” icon will appear on the TV screen, signaling that the devices are ready to transfer.
Important! You shouldn’t even try to use this method to watch video if the devices have Bluetooth version lower than 5.0, even in it the maximum possible transfer rate is 1 Mb / s.
Broadcasting video from your phone via Wi-Fi
As in the previous case, this connection option, with all its advantages, has a number of disadvantages. An obvious plus is that the smartphone can be located at a considerable distance from the TV, playback will be carried out even if it is moved to charge in another room. But it is possible to transfer a picture only if you have a Wi-Fi router, so that at the time of playback, both devices are connected to the same wireless network. Additionally, you cannot do without a special utility preinstalled in the phone and a browser on the TV.
- launch a timely downloaded application in the smartphone;
- open an Internet browser on the TV in parallel;
- go to the URL that will open in the application window;
- on the on-screen keyboard, in addition to the IP address, you must also specify the port number;
- when it is possible to transfer control to TV, access to the phone data will open.
If you wish, you can establish a secure connection in the utility settings, but hardly anyone will want to enter a password every time they connect.
Reference. On TVs like Samsung, everything is taken into account for connecting via Wi-Fi, and on budget TVs, there is no wireless adapter. In this case, you will need to connect via an Internet cable.
Transferring video via USB cable
This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to transfer images from your phone to your TV. Its convenience lies in the fact that this does not require any auxiliary applications, and all devices, both smartphones and TVs, support this function and are equipped with the necessary ports for connection. The USB cable itself is sure to be found in the kit, if not one, then the other (its role in all modern smartphones is played by a charger, which consists of two parts).
To connect via USB, you need to make a few simple manipulations:
- connect the cable to both ports (it is impossible to confuse them);
- a window with available operating modes will appear on the phone screen;
- from the list of proposed options, select “USB-storage”;
- in the settings, select to read saved folders and files from a smartphone;
- then go to the TV settings, where to highlight the item “Source”;
- among the connection options, select the appropriate “USB”;
- often, depending on the TV, it is labeled as “Multimedia”;
- specify the file format that you want to play (video, photo, music).
After that, both devices are ready to broadcast. What you should pay attention to is that upon its completion, the “Source” settings must be reset to their original state.
Important! Online video playback using USB cable cannot be projected, this function is not supported by any device. Therefore, there is no point in looking for it in the settings.
Account creation and synchronization
Creating an account in the Smart Hub service is straightforward. This process is similar for different series of Samsung TVs, if there are differences, then only in the names and the presence of individual sections in the TV receiver menu, since the interface of models of different years of release (for example, in 2015 and in 2019) is different.
Resetting data with a lost password
If the user has forgotten the password, and the e-mail through which you can restore it is not available, you can reset the data by deleting the profile. To do this, in the “Smart Hub” you should find “Samsung Account” and select the function “Remove accounts from TV”.
To reset the Smart TV receiver to factory settings, you need to open the “Menu”, find the “Support” tab, then “Self-diagnosis” and select “Reset”. If you need to specify a password, you need to enter “0000”. this is the default value. If the numbers have been changed by the owner of the TV panel, you will need to dial them.
Create and manage an account on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TVs provide their owner with extensive entertainment options, including playing online video content, surfing the Internet, installing applications and games, communicating with friends and family on social networks or via Skype, and much more. To access these functions, a whole section has been created in the TV set. Smart Hub, but to use it, you will need to create a Samsung Smart TV account. The procedure for completing registration, as well as replacing and deleting an account, if the password is lost, will be described in detail in our material.
Possibility to use another TV
Often, owners of Samsung Smart-TVs are interested in whether the account can be used on another TV. If a person has registered on the manufacturer’s website and created a Samsung Account, he can use his username and password on any device of the company, be it a TV, phone or other equipment. Thanks to this solution, synchronization between different devices is available.
An account created on one TV is also available on another, so there shouldn’t be any difficulties with authorization. It is natural that on one TV-receiver you can log in under a different name in order to use the settings corresponding to this profile. To carry out these manipulations, you need to log out of your account, for which you need to open the Smart Hub, log into your personal account and find the button “Log out of profile”.
To create your account, you need to perform a number of manipulations in the following sequence:
- open Smart Hub with a large color key on the remote control;
- by pressing the button “A” on the remote control go to the window for opening an account;
- choose to create a new account;
- read the license agreement and accept it (without this procedure, the user cannot create an account);
- choose a login (or indicate “Develop”) and password;
- specify an email address. it will be required to recover the password if the user accidentally forgets it;
- open mail on a PC or smartphone, find a letter from Samsung and follow the link to confirm registration;
- on the TV set again with the “A” button to open the authorization window, enter your registration data and enter the service.
If you need to change your profile information, you can do this in the Smart Hub by selecting “Samsung Account” and clicking “Change Profile”. Depending on the series and year of manufacture of the TV receiver, here you can:
- change basic information;
- subscribe to the newsletter;
- enable or disable automatic launch of the profile;
- specify the method of entering the profile (using a password or face recognition);
- register your own person;
- change account image, etc.
After registering in the system, you can start using the applications and the browser, as well as installing new content. But for more comfort, it is recommended to set up your account. So, when installing new programs, in order to gain access to their functionality, you will need to register each time. However, it is possible to combine the data required to log into different applications with a Samsung account. To do this, on the main page of the Smart Hub, you will need to open “Samsung Account”, and then. “Link service accounts”. In the drop-down list, you need to click on each of the installed widgets and specify the registration information to log into your Samsung account. This will set up account synchronization.