What This Guide Will Help You Achieve
Time needed: 5 minutes
We’ve been discussing changes to iOS passwords since iOS 2. Experience has taught us that Apple at least changes the mechanism slightly with every major iOS release, and the release of Screen Time in iOS 12 adds more great functionality. We’ve kept up with this and iPhone Backup Extractor can recover or remove Screen Time passcode or restrictions passcode from any Apple device on any iOS version.
If you’ve forgotten your iPad or iPhone screen passcode and need it to prevent accidental in-app purchases, or if you need to uninstall unwanted apps but can’t, we’ve got you covered.!
Opening the com.Apple.springboard.plist file
Let’s open Plist using iPhone Backup Extractor’s built-in Plist editor. This is available in the File → View / Edit Plist menu. Click on that and select the Plist you extracted earlier.
Recover iPhone Screen Time or Restrictions Passcode (Supports iOS 14)
View “SBParentalControlsPin”, also known as “Restriction Access Code”,
Scan the file until SBParentalControlsPin to the line that says SBParentalControlsPin: the line below it should read something like 1234.
Make a note of this number and enter it back into your iPhone when prompted for a “passcode”. Voilà, you should now have full access to your lost “restriction” settings!
Instructions for iOS 12 and up
With the release of iOS 12, Apple moved the access restriction data to a safer place on the iPhone, and one that is not practical for sharing manual instructions. It’s too difficult to restore manually, but we’ve created functionality to restore screen time limits in iPhone Backup Extractor from iOS 12 beta.
Reset iPhone password by restoring from backup.
If you systematically sync your iPhone with iTunes, you should have backups and can restore one of the copies where the password is still set. This is the best way, all media and information will remain on the iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to a computer that has backups and open iTunes.
- Wait while iTunes syncs iPhone and creates another backup.
- When the synchronization is complete and a new copy is created, click on the “Restore” button.
- When in the course of restoring iPhone, the setup screen should open, where you need to select “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Now look at the date which backup is right for you and select it. You have to remember when you set the passcode on your iPhone.
Reset password using Find My iPhone
If you have the “Find iPhone” function activated, you can use iCloud to remove the lock password, however, all data will be erased as well. This method works, forgot iPhone lock password, but remember Apple ID password.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Find iPhone” icon, in the “All devices” drop-down list, select the iPhone on which you want to reset the password.
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” icon and all data on it will be erased, and the password will be deleted.
Now you can restore iPhone data from backup or set it up as new.
Forgot your iPhone password? 3 Ways to Reset iPhone Passcode
I came up with a password on my iPhone and then forgot it. Be that as it may, it’s best to know how to unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password.
It happens to everyone. I came up with and set a password on my iPhone, and then forgot it. Or I haven’t used my smartphone for a long time. Be that as it may, it’s best to know what to do and how to unlock your iPhone if you forget your password.
In this tutorial, I will describe three ways to reset iPhone password. These methods will not help if Apple ID is blocked, only contacting Apple Support will help here.
If the password is entered incorrectly 6 times, the iPhone will be locked for one minute, if you enter the wrong password again, the iPhone will be locked for 2 minutes, then for 3 minutes, and so on. In general, it is not realistic to guess the password, life is not enough.
If you have activated the “Erase data” function, then guessing the password is dangerous. This function will erase all information from the iPhone if you enter the password incorrectly 10 times. To turn it off, you need to: go to the settings. password. opposite the “erase data” field, switch the toggle switch to off.
Below are three ways to reset a forgotten iPhone password, here they are
How to Reset iPhone if Forgot Password
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes, you have no backup and the Find iPhone feature in iCloud is not activated, all that remains to remove the password is the recovery mode method. I note that this method always works, but not only the password will be erased on the iPhone, but all media files and information.
To enter recovery mode: turn off the iPhone, now hold down the “Home” button and without releasing it, insert the USB cable, the iTunes icon with a cord should appear.
If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open it. You should immediately be prompted to update or restore iPhone.
There are still questions?
Do you still have questions about unlocking your phone if you forgot your iPhone password? Are you having trouble recovering a forgotten ID on your iPhone? Write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and we will try to help you!
If none of the listed methods helped you or you don’t remember your Apple ID! Check out this guide What if I forgot for iCloud, iTunes, or the App Store? How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password
Forgot your iPhone 5S password? How to unlock the corresponding device without losing data? This is problematic to do. You can reset your smartphone and then recover information via AppleID.
Another way to unlock an “apple” device. it is using recovery mode. First, the device is connected to a PC and iTunes, and then in the appropriate section of the recovery mode, you must select the “Restore” option and wait a little.
To enable recovery mode, you must:
- hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons. on iPhone 6 and older devices;
- simultaneously hold down the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons. for new “apple” devices.
There is nothing difficult or incomprehensible in the process. True, such a technique is encountered in practice as an exception. There are always simpler methods for solving the problem.
Options for the development of events
How to unlock “iPhone 6” if you forgot your password? The main problem is that situations are different. And it is far from always possible to restore access to a mobile device. Sometimes a forgotten password leads to the need to buy a new smartphone.
- system recovery password in Lost Mode;
- the combination used to remove the lock screen;
- data for authorization in AppleID.
All of the above situations will be considered below. In fact, everything is simpler than it seems at first glance. And even a novice user can often achieve the desired goal.
AppleID password recovery methods
If you forgot your iPhone 6 password, how to unlock your mobile device in this case? Let’s assume that the AppleID “password” is forgotten.
In such circumstances, the user can perform data recovery:
- using e-mail (using the “Apple ID” login);
- by answering security questions;
- through the support service (by phone, feedback form or mail).
The first two options are most often used in practice. They allow you to quickly and easily restore access to AppleID.
iTunes and Smartphone Recovery
Forgot your iPhone 6 password? How to unblock? Via “iTunes”! This trick is official and reliable.
To use iTunes to reset your lock screen password, you must:
- Launch iTunes and update it.
- Connect the “apple” device to the computer and wait for the devices to sync.
- Select the connected device in “iTunes”.
- Go to the “General” block.
- Click on the button labeled “Restore.”.
- Select a smartphone recovery file. It is advisable to prepare it in advance.
After a few minutes, you can enjoy the achieved result. Immediately after restoring the smartphone, the lock screen password will be reset. Fast, simple and very convenient!
Forgot your iPhone 6 password. how to unblock? All the methods and advice of the owners
Forgot your iPhone 6 password? How to unlock an “apple” smartphone? Many users and not only girls are trying to understand this issue. Password. it is a means of protecting information and data. It is used on a variety of platforms and in different areas of human life. Unfortunately, the corresponding secret combination can be forgotten. And in our case, this event can cause a lot of trouble. Next, we will talk about how to properly recover and reset the password on the iPhone under certain circumstances.
Ways to reset your lock screen password
How to unlock “iPhone 6 S” if you forgot your lock screen password? This result can be achieved in different ways. The main thing is to know how to act in this or that case.
At the moment, the lock screen password on Apple devices can be reset:
- through third-party applications;
- using iTunes;
- via iCloud and Find iPhone option;
- via smartphone recovery mode.
What kind of trick should you use? Everyone decides on their own. It all depends on personal preference.
Apple unlocking features
And if you have forgotten the password for “iPhone 6”, we will tell you how to unlock this device below. First, you should pay attention to the consequences of the actions taken.
There is nothing to worry about when you recover your AppleID password. In the course of the actions taken, the user will simply change the data for authorization in the “apple” account.
If we are talking about unlocking a smartphone with a forgotten lock screen password, you will have to face one unpleasant moment. resetting data on a mobile device. You can restore them from a backup or via AppleID.
Third-party programs and lock screen
Home button not working? Forgot your iPhone 5S password? How to unlock the device in this case? You can cope with this task using any of the methods presented above, except for working in recovery mode. For example, through third-party specialized programs.
To unlock an “apple” device with a forgotten password from the lock screen, a utility called 4uKey is used. It is easy to learn and stable.
To use this application, you must adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Download and initialize the 4uKey program.
- Launch the corresponding application, and then connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Wait for the smartphone to sync with the computer.
- Agree with 4uKey’s suggestion to install the latest firmware. At this stage, you can select the location to save the firmware file.
- Click on the “Start” button.
All that now needs to be done. it’s a bit of a wait. Once the unlocking and password reset is complete, the system of the application in use will inform you about it. You can close 4uKey and disconnect your smartphone from your computer.
Restricting access to gallery photos
In new versions of iOS, it is possible to make limited display of photos from the Gallery using the built-in Guide Access service. In this case, you can fearlessly give your iPhone to another person. The photo vault will be protected by a master password.
To enable this mode on the iPhone, go to “Settings”:
- Select the item “Basic” from the menu list. Find the link for the “Accessibility” settings.
- We are looking for an option to enable “Guide access”.
- We set the mode by an alphanumeric password or using a fingerprint sensor.
You will also need to make a small adjustment to the “Gallery”, open it and go to the list of photos:
How to reset locked note on iPhone and iPad
- Select a picture for display and press the “Home” button three times.
- In the menu that opens, click “Options”.
- Deactivating the “Press” function.
Now access to the “Gallery” is closed, a stranger will not be able to see other photos before entering the password.
The application is a classic safe, to which files are added, and then they are distributed to suitable directories and blocked both separately for each folder and in bulk. Regardless of the choice, the developers offer to generate unusually strong passwords that cannot be picked and remembered, but can be removed using Touch ID or Face ID.
As a result, no one will get to the information (and even the owner of the smartphone, if he uses all the attempts). Additionally, Keeper offers to organize the available space and part with those files that are not needed for a long time, having finished sorting.
How to put a password on an application in iPhone 5, 6, 7
Until the eleventh version, as such, there is no way to solve the problem of how to put a password on iPhone applications. You can only prohibit showing standard applications on the desktop so that strangers cannot use them. You will need to enter a password to display the icons.
- To use this option, go through the main menu to the settings.
- Go to the main section and open the “Restrictions” item.
- First, you need to enable this feature, and then using the sliders in more than half of the screen, select the applications that will not be displayed. After you activate the restriction mode, you need to come up with and enter a four-digit code twice. It will be used when you want to display the desired programs on the screen.
- By default, the function will be disabled for all standard applications on your phone. If you protect part of the programs, then you need to move their sliders to the left.
After activating this function, you will not see hidden applications on the iPhone and will not be able to find them using search. To enter the application, you need to go back to setting the restrictions, enter the code and move the slider of the desired program to the right. This method has many drawbacks that made the function unpopular: you cannot hide third-party software, every time you need to dig into the settings to access the desired program. Nevertheless, this is the only way to solve the problem, how to put a password on iPhone 6 applications.
How to find out what kind of iOS you have
Before you put a password on the iPhone application, you need to clarify its version of the operating system, since the capabilities of the old and new options are slightly different. To determine the iOS version you need:
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- You need to use the list that appears to go to the main options of your device.
- Using the following menu, open the “About device” tab.
- Almost at the very bottom there is a version item, look at the first numbers in it.
Let’s say in your iOS 8 version device, then the description of working with the device, given in the next part of our article, will suit you. If iOS 12, then skip the next part and read the third right away.
Dashlane Password Manager
Genre: Utilities, Password Manager Publisher: Dashlane Version: 2.8.8 iPhone iPad: Free Subscription price. 1.839 rubles / year
256-bit encryption. What does this mean? It is almost impossible to crack a password encrypted in this way. Immediately after launch, you will be prompted to go through a simple registration procedure. You can use all the features of Dashlane absolutely free for only one month. If you like the application, you will have to purchase an annual paid subscription.
Dashlane has a full-fledged multifunctional client for OS X. All passwords are automatically synchronized with each other. Russian language support is missing.
- TouchID support;
- availability of a client for OS X;
- double protection thanks to built-in authorization;
- the presence of a plug-in for the Safari browser.
Verdict: Dashlane Password Manager truly inspires confidence. At first glance, it seems that the application is focused on storing accounts and accounts for authorization on websites, but its functionality is much higher.
- After installation and the first launch, Folder Lock will prompt you to select the type of protection. Available password (numbers, letters, different case), PIN, pattern or Touch
- From the list, select the section from which you want to protect.
- You can place files in pre-created template folders or create your own using the “”.
- Open an empty folder and click the add files button. Select content from your iPhone’s internal storage. The file folder is now protected.
It remains to remove the files from the original directories and applications. This must be done so that access to classified content remains only in the Folder Lock application.
Folder Lock is not capable of blocking access to folders on the desktop. There is no such functionality either in the standard OS settings or in any third-party applications.
If you accidentally forgot the password for the folders in the Folder Lock application, then do not worry. if you have access to the specified email address, you can easily recover all the data. But if you lose your password from blocking applications using iOS, only iPhone recovery with data deletion will save you. If you saved files in the “cloud” and made a backup copy of the OS, then the procedure for rolling back to factory settings will not affect the use of the device in any way.
What to do if you forgot your iPhone note password
If, when locking notes, you did not use Touch ID or Face ID, and at the same time forgot the set text password, you can restore access to the locked notes only by selecting the desired combination. There are no other ways to remove the password from already blocked records. It is possible to reset the password and set a new one, but it will be relevant only for newly created new notes, and the old password will remain for old ones.
Please note: In a similar way, you can bypass Apple’s restriction, which involves setting one password for all notes. If you reset the password after setting a password for each note, you can set different passwords for the notes
To reset your note password on iPhone or iPad, you need to:
- Go to the “Settings” application and go to the settings of the “Notes” application among the available options;
- After that, click on the line “Password”;
- Select the “Reset Password” option. You will need to enter your Apple ID password to reset your password.
Please note: In the settings, you can not only reset the password, but also change it, but for this you need to know the old password
How to put a password on an application on an iPhone with iOS above 12
Before considering the question of how to password protect an application on an iPhone, you need to find out which version of the iOS software is installed
This is important because the locking sequence is slightly different for new and old variants.
- Open “Settings”.
- Find the “General Options” tab.
- Go to the item “About device”.
How to Lock or Unlock Notes on iPhone. Reset Forgotten Password
The last tab contains all the necessary information about the phone, including the current software version. If it is higher or corresponds to “iOS 12 App”, then you can block selected applications, track the time spent on the phone and, if necessary, limit it. You can set a password according to the following plan:
- Open “Settings”.
- Select “Screen Time”.
- A list of possible actions will open, among them you must select “Use code”.
- In the window that opens, you need to set a four-digit code and remember it. The phone will ask for this password every time you open the application.
For your information! After blocking, you can set a time limit for use. The user independently decides how much time is enough.
Recover iPhone with iTunes Copy Data
If you made an emergency copy of your phone data through iTunes, then it will be much easier for you to deal with the problem of lost access to iPhone.
To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Use a cable to connect your locked device to a laptop or computer
- Go to the iTunes application under your nickname
- On the control screen in the iTunes app, select the Resume button
- You will be prompted to enter your iTunes account information
- Attention! Only use the account you used to sign in to your iPhone. Then follow the instructions to re-register your device
- Choose exactly the backup that was created as close as possible to the moment you lost your device password. Often, there is only one available, but if you have more than one, you can choose any you want. iTunes restores your settings and data after choosing a backup to use.
Check your settings, apps, music, and photos after the renewal is complete. Also note that sometimes it takes a while for everything to recover. For example, music will take longer to recover normally (up to an hour), so don’t panic if you don’t see your favorite tracks on your iPhone after restoring a copy of your data.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password: 3 ways
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone passcode and don’t know what to do. you should definitely read this article. After all, here we tell you how to reset your password and restore access to a locked iPhone.
Such a nuisance can happen to anyone. If you just wanted to protect your information and valuable data, set a very complex password and thought: “Well, I definitely can’t forget it.” And then it turns out that you still had to write it down on a piece of paper, because despite all the “lightness” of this combination of numbers, you managed to forget them. What to do in this case, read our instructions.
Unfortunately, if you have lost in your head the numbers for unlocking your iPhone, then your actions are very limited. Because it is enough to enter the wrong numbers only 6 times in a row, as your smartphone turns off and that’s it. Apple came up with this feature so that those who steal your device could not steal your data or photos or freely use your smartphone. Once your iPhone turns off, you have no choice but to download the data from the backup.
If you need professional help with any iPhone system / technical issues, you can contact the iLab Service Center.
How to Unlock Notes on iPhone Forgot Password [100% Works]
Restore if there is no backup
If you are from those people who did not create a copy for the data on your iPhone, but managed to block it, do not worry, because we have a way for you too.
After this method, all your data will be deleted, but you can still use your device.
Attention! If this option does not suit you or you are not sure whether you have an emergency copy, it is better to contact the service center. Perhaps the masters can somehow save your smartphone.
If you decide to delete your data, then you need to do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone if it hasn’t turned off by itself
- Use a cable to connect your device to your computer or laptop
- Perform an emergency restart of the phone (we wrote about how to do this for different models here)
- Do not release the necessary buttons until the notification “Connecting to iTunes” lights up on the phone screen
- Enter the iTunes app on your computer
- Select “Resume”
After this operation, your smartphone is completely cleaned and restored. You will need to reload all applications, there may be no photos, videos or notes. But this is much better than getting a “brick” instead of a phone. In addition, the device should now work much faster and if there were any viruses on it, they should all be gone. And all applications can be restored again, like numbers, music, and so on.
How to Resume Access to iPhone
There are three ways to help you get back access to your iPhone if you are lucky enough to forget your password. All of them are quite difficult to execute, but if such a misfortune has happened, they will be suitable for realizing the goal of resuming access to your favorite device.
If your device turns off after entering incorrect numbers
This is actually sad. All you can do in this case is to erase the data from the smartphone and try to resume it from the backup. Yes, it is for such cases that additional data is created, or as they are also called “backup” data in iTunes or iCloud, so if trouble has not happened yet, but you are prone to forgetting passwords, it is better to make it a rule to create backups. If you did not know what it was before or did not use this function because of self-confidence, we are afraid that most of your data will disappear without a trace.
Recover using an iCloud account
iCloud is another way to save your iPhone, if you accidentally remember the password from it or have already used 6 incorrect pairs of numbers. This service provides an emergency copy function, so you will be given the option to reset the lock using iCloud and continue using your smartphone.
To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Connect to your iCloud account using the account you used to set up Find My iPhone on the phone that’s locked
- Now go into the app and click Find iPhone from the list of tools available in iCloud. Yes, it’s a little silly, since you have not lost your iPhone at all, and it is next to you, but this is how you need to go to the next step in restoring your device.
- Next, you should click on the “Clear data from iPhone” function to delete all information, as well as passwords from the phone.
- Of course, the application will warn you that your data will be erased and offer to refuse, but if you do not remember your password for sure, it is better to confirm the action.
- All your data will be erased and in fact you will receive a completely updated iPhone.
- Turn on the device, go to all your services, basically. iCloud. Now your smartphone is with you again, but most likely you will have to download all applications again, notes and much more will not be saved.
Finally. Don’t forget your iPhone passcode
Apple works very hard to preserve your personal information, so it gives you many options for personalization, customization, security, and more. But the very restoration of the device by each of the ways can once and for all do away with not only your personal data, but also with the device itself, if you do something wrong. In addition, frequent emergency reboots can ruin your device and damage the software. Therefore, take your password seriously, write it down somewhere in a notepad, save it to your Google drive as a document if you are not sure what to remember. This gives you a back-up plan for dealing with emergencies.
Have a nice time of day and successful recovery of your iPhone!