How to avoid data loss
The main task for saving important data on a mobile device is the timely activation of synchronization between a smartphone and a computer. Only in this case, the user will be able, thanks to the cloud service, to open the keys, track the settings and, most importantly, create a backup copy of the data, which is responsible for the integrity of all important materials. As for opening key files, they are responsible for the safety of passwords and other data intended to ensure the stable operation of a mobile gadget.
I have been repairing mobile equipment and reinstalling software since 2013. I am a fan of any Andoid devices. I tirelessly keep track of all the latest news regarding mobile technology.
How to put
Setting a password on the lock screen is done as follows:
. Go to «Settings
“IPhone, find the section”Password
“And follow it.
. Click on the item “Enable password
. Come up with a 4-digit combination and enter it twice.
After that, the lock password will be set.
Note the other options in the Password
“. For example, through the menu “Password request
»You can set the time period
For how long the gadget will have to stay locked in order to ask for a password.
This option allows the active user of the gadget to avoid the need to waste time entering the digital code several times per minute. The optimal time interval for requesting a password is 5 minutes
You can also set a 4-hour period. however, in this case, do you need a password at all
Apple warns: the shorter the time period for asking for a password, the more secure the data on the iPhone.
Another interesting option is “Erase data
“. The slider for its activation is located at the very bottom of the “Password
If the option “Erase data
»Is activated, then after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter the password, all information stored on the mobile device is destroyed. Needless to say, a user who ventured to enable this option should back up data on a permanent basis.?
How to view the password from Wi-Fi through a router
The easiest way to find out the password for a Wi-Fi network is to look at it on the router. Each device has a standard access key from the manufacturer. Thus, the user just needs to find the desired line on the router itself to connect to the wireless wifi network.
If the password was changed by the user or technician who set up the wireless network, a different method will be needed. It consists in viewing the access key through the settings of the router itself. You can open them through a computer or smartphone:
- To go to the settings of the router, the device must be connected to it.
- First you need to launch the browser that is installed on the smartphone.
- As for the iPhone, it could be Safari or any other app.
- After that, you need to open a new tab and go to the address bar. It is located at the top of the screen.
- The following instructions may differ depending on the model of the router itself.
- The back panel lists the web service address or IP address to navigate to. In most cases, “192.168.1.1.” Is used. or “192.168.1.0.” The new TP-link models host the address of the web resource “tplinklogin.net”.
- After entering the relevant information, a window will appear on the screen in which you need to enter your username and password.
This data is also located on the back of the device. If the user cannot see the information on the router at the moment, it is enough to enter “admin” in two lines. This is the standard data that is used most often.
Then the screen will display the settings of the router. Here the user must follow the sequence of actions:
Open the section “Wireless mode” by clicking on the corresponding inscription on the left side of the screen.
Select the sub-item “Wireless Security”.
Pay attention to the line “PSK Password”. This is where the current Wi-Fi access key will be displayed. In the same section, the user can change the password
It is enough to enter new data and save the changes. Once the passkey is received, new devices can be connected to the wireless network
In the same section, the user can change the password. It is enough to enter new data and save the changes. Once the passkey is received, new devices can be connected to the wireless network.
How to change / disable passcode on iPhone
You can change the unlock code in the same section “Settings
“. Go to it and enter the current password. Then click on the item “Change Password
Re-enter the valid code, then enter the new combination twice.
The user can set as a password not only a combination of 4 digits, but also a more complex set of symbols. including letters and punctuation marks. To do this, you need to translate the slider “Simple password
“To inactive position.
iPhone will ask you to enter a valid security code. then it will give you the opportunity to set a complex password.
The complex password entry screen looks like this:
Remove password from iPhone completely
very simple. You just need to click on the item “Turn off
“And enter the current security code once.
Remove password via recovery and set up everything from scratch
Never sync with iTunes before or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud before?
The last easy way to unlock your phone without remembering your password is recovery mode. This method always works on all Apple devices and is the most commonly used.
The data stored on the phone cannot be saved if you have not backed them up before, but you will gain access to the phone and can create a new password.
What you need to do to use this method:
- Open iTunes on the computer with which you previously synchronized
- We connect the phone to the computer via a cable
- After the performed actions, we make a forced restart of the device. See in advance how to cause a forced restart on your phone model, it will be different.
- After you have completed the restart, a notification will appear on the screen about the opportunity to restore or update the phone. Choose to restore and wait up to 15 minutes. If an error occurs and the connection has been lost, repeat the same path again.
Recovering a device using a reset
- If everything is fine with the connection and after 15 minutes your device is restored, you just have to set up everything from scratch and create a new password for your phone.
How to reset if forgot
Resetting your unlock password will delete all information on your iPhone. Therefore, before proceeding with this procedure, it is worth.
You can reset the lock password in 2 ways: through iTunes and through the iCloud website. If you decide to use the media combine, you need to proceed as follows:
. Enter your mobile device into.
. Connect iPhone to iTunes with USB cable. The following picture will appear on the screen:
. Click the “Restore iPhone
“And in the window that appears, select the option”Rebuild and update
If the speed of your Internet connection leaves much to be desired, you should be prepared for the fact that you will have to wait a long time. after all, you tasked iTunes to download the firmware, the weight of which is about 1.5 GB.
Upon completion of the procedure, you will receive a gadget that you can. including protecting with a new password.
You can only reset the lock password through the iCloud website if the “Find iPhone
“. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
. In the main menu, find the icon “Find iPhone
“And click on it.
Write down your Apple ID password and click “To come in
. On the menu “All devices
»Select the device you want to reset.
An image of the device will appear on the screen, as well as a list of actions that can be performed remotely with it.
. Click on the “Erase iPhone
Then confirm your intention. click on “Erase
“In the window that appears.
. Enter your Apple ID password again and click on the arrow button.
The procedure will start to delete all data from the iPhone. including the set passwords.
IPhone Lock Screen Password
The owner of the iPhone enters the lock password many times every day, so cases when this code is forgotten are rare. Any combination of 4 digits is suitable for the role of the lock password, but it is better to avoid very primitive ones (like 0000). The user needs to remember that the lock password protects his photo, among which there may be compromising evidence.
Resetting the router to factory settings
There is another way that allows you to get a Wi-Fi password through a router. It is suitable if the access key was changed through the settings, but the user cannot go to the device parameters to view it, or use another method.
In this case, we are talking about a factory reset. It is enough to return the router to its original state so that the standard password is used. The steps here will differ depending on the model.
For more information on how to view the password for Wi-Fi through a router, see the video
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID and password upon activation?
Typically, your Apple ID is your email address. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, we’ll help you recover it. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it on your device or on your Apple ID account page.
How to Reset Passcode on iPhone 7?
Remove iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Passcode
While holding the volume down button, connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears. If you have a backup of iPhone data, after removing the password, restore the data and settings.
What to do if you forgot iPhone password without erasing data?
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer using a USB cable.
- Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom.
- When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
How to reset iPhone if it is locked?
To do this, you need to hold down the lock button and the Home button until the iTunes logo appears. A window will pop up on the computer in which you need to click on the “Restore” button. After the end of the recovery, roll up the backup and set a new password.
How to unlock the screen on iPhone?
To do this, go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Home and activate the “Swipe to open” option. So pressing and holding the Home button for a short time will turn on the display and unlock the gadget. May 21, 2017.
How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on iPhone?
- Make sure your device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Select Settings Screen Time.
- Click Change Screen Time Passcode, then click Change Screen Time Passcode again.
- Click “Forgot your password?”.
3 Proven Ways To Unlock iPhone Screen If Forgot Password
“I forgot the screen lock code for iphone 4s, iphone 6, iphone 4, iphone 5s”. this is often encountered among the problems of those who have an Apple phone.
What to do when the lock code flew out of our head? If you do not remember the password or the device is locked. there are several easy ways to unlock, although it has the best security system in mobile phones.
This became publicly known when FBI agents could not get to the data on the iPhone 5.
All the confusion came from a rather trivial iOS feature. After entering the security code ten times, the system will automatically delete the entire contents of the device.
This is because there is no physical ability to read data from a locked iPhone.
If we are not FBI agents who have a huge budget and can contact a mysterious company that can bypass Apple’s security, then we must do our business differently.
Some time ago in my guide I showed how to unlock any Android. today I want to focus on another solution. how to unlock iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 10, iPhone 5s?
It can be restored in several ways. official and less official.
This guide applies to the iPhone lock screen, but does not cover how to unlock if the screen is broken or the screen is not working.
To unblock iCloud, you need to go to another entry. there I prepared 8 great tools. the link is in the last section of this post.
Unlock iPhone Screen Through Browser
How to unlock your iPhone screen if you haven’t connected it to your computer and don’t have it paired with iTunes?
There is a solution, only you must have an Apple ID, which is the email address and password that you entered into iCloud on your phone.
To get started, log in to iCloud.com using the email address and password you used when you first started.
After logging in to the site, we will find the “Learn” icon. it will be in the lower right corner of the iCloud.com screen.
After opening it, you will need to enter the password again, and then your phone will be displayed on the map.
Now click the All Devices button at the top, or if there is only one device, the device name is displayed at the top of the screen.
After selecting a phone, a window with parameters will appear in the upper right corner. Click here for the solution titled “Dream iPhone”.
As with restarting iTunes, the data from the phone will be deleted and the lock code will be deleted.
Unlock iPhone Screen Through Safe Mode
The last solution is to put your phone into safe mode. recovery mode. This method will work if you haven’t added or disabled an iCloud account on your iPhone and can’t use iCloud.com right now.
In this case, turn on iTunes on the computer, and then connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Then press the On / Off button and the Home button at the same time. Wait until the phone restarts. The recovery mode screen appears.
Now release the buttons. iTunes will display a message: “The iPhone has a problem that needs to be updated or reproduced.”.
If you want to restore your phone to its original settings and remove the screen lock code, click the “Restore” button and wait until all settings of your phone or tablet are deleted.
After your phone restarts, you can create a new iCloud account to connect your device to. The phone lock code will also not be available.
Unlock iPhone Screen via iTunes
If you’ve used a smartphone before and connected it to iTunes on your computer, it’s a simple matter.
To do this, we connect the locked phone using a computer cable and turn on iTunes.
After the program detects your device, click the icon (top left) and select “Restore iPhone”.
Then you have to wait. All data on the phone will be erased and after restarting you will have to sign in again using your iCloud account (Apple ID).
The iPhone screen lock password will disappear and you can set it again by going to your phone settings.
In this case, you should not restore the backup, as it will restore all previous settings, including the old phone or tablet screen lock code.
What to do if unlocking the iPhone with the methods above did not work
If none of the above methods worked for your case, you still have (at least) 2 solutions.
Solution. check out this post, from which you can find out 8 ways to bypass icloud.
Second solution. describe your problem in detail in the comment in this text.
If possible, throw screenshots. it will be easier for me to help. I will try to answer your request as soon as possible. Success.
Password reset by flashing in DFU mode
If the user forgot to make a backup of their personal data, they will be lost, since in order to unlock the device in DFU mode, iOS needs to be completely reinstalled. The sequence is as follows:
- Turn off the iPhone, connect it to a PC with fresh iTunes installed using an Apple USB cable and enter the device into DFU mode. This is done like this:
○ hold and hold the power key of the gadget for 3 seconds;
○ press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds without releasing the power key;
○ release the last one after this period of time, and hold “Home” until the gadget enters DFU mode.
- In iTunes, select your device and click “Restore” while holding down Shift (for Windows PC).
Then you can unlock the phone as described earlier. indicate to the application the location of the new firmware and start the process. All further actions will take place automatically.
You may not be able to activate DFU mode the first time, especially if you have not had such experience before. There is nothing terrible in this, you just need to understand how to recognize that the device is in DFU, and not in Recovery Mode.
The latter is very easy to distinguish when a characteristic image of a media player icon and a USB cable appears on the screen of the device. When the device is entered into DFU mode, on the contrary, the display will be completely black (or in some cases white), will not respond to a single button press. However, iTunes will be able to detect it, and in the corresponding window it will be written that the device is in Recovery mode. Do not pay attention to this. proceed according to the already described template.
Resetting the password in DFU mode
The described method does not always make it possible to avoid device errors by resetting the password. The most reliable option to unlock iOS is achieved by forcing the device into DFU mode, which is significantly different from the previously used Recovery.
The latter acts, in other words, like a “rollback” of the existing system to its original state with the restoration of factory settings and parameters. DFU, in contrast, is a bootloader mode in which the device’s memory is formatted, system components are reinstalled, and iOS is completely re-installed.
How To Unlock Iphone 4s
If the user has forgotten the four-digit password on the iPhone 4S or 5S, it can only be unlocked by flashing it by connecting to a computer with the iTunes application installed. This is the only way out, in which, in addition, all personal files on the phone are lost. And if there are no credentials in the Apple ID, then the “Find iPhone” option must be disabled for a successful reset, since it will be impossible to activate a phone with iOS 7 without entering this information.
Installing our own firmware
There is a way to significantly reduce the likelihood of failures during operation. To do this, you just need to download the firmware suitable for your phone in advance and then use it during reinstallation. Your actions will change slightly:
- Download the latest firmware version.
- In the open iTunes window, click “Restore”, but at the same time hold down the Shift key on the keyboard if you are working in Windows, or Alt if working in Mac OS.
- An explorer window will open, in which you need to find the firmware file you downloaded and click on the open button.
Then everything will happen automatically. The device can be unlocked when it goes into Recovery Mode, flashes and reboots. It will remain to select the language, region, connect to iTunes and select the phone setting “Like new”.
You can not create a password further so that the owner of the device does not forget it again. After that, you will receive a “clean” iPhone 5S with factory settings.
Reflash iPhone to reset password
Once again, we note that only flashing is the only way to reset iPhone 5S if its owner has forgotten the password. We will describe how to reset the code from the lock screen by flashing.
- Launch iTunes on your computer, check the Help menu for updates to your media player. For work, you will need the latest version of the application.
- Connect the original Apple USB cable to the computer.
- Click on the phone icon in the application, going to the iPhone menu. A window will open, with which you will directly work.
If an inexperienced user has forgotten the password, then the easiest option for him to unlock the phone is to click on the “Restore” button. The program will independently download the latest firmware for your gadget from Apple servers and reinstall iOS on the device. Then, using the same application on your computer, you can restore personal data from previously saved backup copies.
However, this simple method has a number of disadvantages:
- the latest version of iOS has a size of about 1.5 GB, which makes the download and reinstallation process quite lengthy;
- in case of any failure in your home Internet or short-term lack of access to the Apple server, the process will have to start over;
- recovery when using a Windows computer is usually accompanied by the appearance of errors, leading to the inability to reinstall iOS in normal mode.
With Mac OS, the situation is somewhat different. problems when choosing this option to unlock the password, if they arise, are extremely rare. Therefore, the above method is more suitable for owners of Apple computers.
However, here it should also be borne in mind that iTunes automatically downloads the latest firmware version, which may differ from yours. This can be an important argument for the owners of the so-called. “Jailbroken” devices that can only work with one firmware version.
How to recover Apple ID account data
Unlocking the phone is not so difficult as long as the user has not forgotten their Apple ID password. However, if you forget this data too, restoring your device can be difficult.
over, if the Find My Phone function is enabled in the iPhone 5S with iOS 7, the device is automatically linked to the Apple ID account, so even after flashing using DFU, the gadget cannot be unlocked without logging into the account.
Successful methods of hacking the firmware are not yet known, therefore, to restore the account, you will have to act exclusively in official ways. There are not so many of them:
- Go to the page https://iforgot.Apple.com and enter the mailbox specified during registration, which is the identifier in the Apple ID, click on the continue button.
- If you choose to confirm using E-mail, a message will be sent to the mailbox associated with the Apple ID containing a link allowing you to change your password.
- If you do not have access to your email account, try to answer the security questions specified during registration.
If none of the methods worked, you will have to contact support and resolve the issue with access to your account personally.
How to unlock iPhone 5 / 5s if you forgot your password
Entering your iPhone password is a sure-fire way to keep prying eyes from your personal data. Well, what if you forget your password? Entering the wrong passcode multiple times brings up a message stating that your iPhone is disabled, sometimes some iPhone consumers have it locked for several years. Whether you receive this message or you just know you forgot your password, follow these 3 steps to regain access to your iPhone.
There are 3 main ways to remove passcode and restore a new one: using iTunes, iCloud or recovery mode.
How to Recover iPhone Password via iTunes
If your device was previously synchronized with iTunes, then you can restore it. This will erase the data on the phone and its password. Below are the step-by-step instructions for using iTunes to remove and restore your iPhone.
Connect the device to the computer on which the sync action was completed;
Open iTunes. If a message appears asking you to enter the password, use another computer on which you will also do the synchronization;
Wait, after completing the synchronization and backup, click “Restore [device]”;
In the process of restoring an iOS device, the setup page will open, click “Restore from iTunes copy”;
Then select your device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best.
If iPhone / iPad / iPod has not previously synced with iTunes.
In this situation, follow these steps:
Put your mobile device into recovery mode. To do this, you need to connect the USB cable to your computer, but do not connect it to your mobile device yet. Your iPhone must be turned off. to do this, simply hold the Power (Lock) button until the slider appears on the screen, and then swipe it. With your phone turned off, press and hold the HOME button and connect the USB cable to your device. The smartphone screen will light up and you will see the Apple logo. Do not release the HOME button until you see the iTunes and USB cable logo on the screen. As soon as it appears, release the home button. That’s it, you’ve put your mobile device into recovery mode.
Now in the pop-up iTunes window, click on the “Restore” button and wait for the process to complete.
How to Unlock Locked iPhone via iCloud
If you’ve enabled Find iPhone on your device, you’ll be able to use iCloud to remove and restore too. Use this option if you don’t have access to your phone, or if you’re syncing with iCloud and not iTunes. Check out how to use iCloud to erase your iPhone.
As mentioned, you must have Find iPhone configured on your device before it is stolen. If you have done so, go to https://www.icloud.com/ in your web browser;
Sign in to iCloud using the account you used when you set up Find My iPhone. This is likely your Apple ID / iTunes account;
Click Find My iPhone in the web tools offered by iCloud. Find My iPhone immediately starts trying to find all the devices you have turned on. You will see onscreen messages as it works;
If you have more than one device installed for Find My iPhone, click All Devices at the top of the screen and select the device you are looking for;
And then you can click “Erase”. This will erase all data on your phone, preventing a thief from accessing it;
After that, you can restore from a backup device or set up as new. It should be noted that you need to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or cellular in order for you to use the Find My iPhone service.
How to jailbreak iPhone if you forgot your password using a handy tool
If your iPhone is not connected to any of the services mentioned above, this article also provides one of the easiest and fastest ways to fix your problem. Tenorshare 4uKey. is an iPhone unlocking tool that allows you to unlock your iPhone without a passcode. The software is also available in Russian.
Download and install the program on your PC / Mac before we start.
Run the program and connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
After the tool recognizes your device, you can press “Start” to remove the iPhone passcode.
Before unlocking iPhone passcode, download the latest iOS firmware over the Internet.
When the software is downloaded to your computer, you can click Open Now to start iPhone recovery without passcode.
The whole process takes a few minutes. Please keep your device connected to the system recovery process.
When the iPhone passcode is removed successfully, you can set your iPhone as new, including passcode, touch ID.
Phone password protection is relatively strong, good for security, but bad if you forget your password. Don’t let a forgotten password prevent you from using the passcode in the future; this is too important for security. Just make sure that next time you use a password that will be easier for you to remember (but not so easy to guess!) I wish this article is useful to you. !
How to Unlock iPhone X / 8/7/6 / 5S Without iTunes If Forgot Password
How to Unlock iPhone by Resetting Bad Attempts Counter
Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable and turn on iTunes. It is important that Wi-Fi or mobile Internet is turned on on the mobile.
2. Wait a little while the program “sees” the phone and select the “Devices” menu item. Then click “Sync with (your iPhone’s name)”.
Immediately after the start of synchronization, the counter will reset to zero. You can keep trying to enter the correct password.
Remember that the counter cannot be reset by simply rebooting the device.
How to unlock iPhone via iCloud
First of all, you need to follow the link https://www.icloud.com/#find from any device, no matter whether it is a smartphone or a computer.
2. If before that you did not enter the site and did not save your password, at this stage you need to enter the data from your Apple ID profile. If you forgot your account password, go to the last section of the article on how to reset iPhone password for Apple ID.
3. At the top of the screen, you will see the All Devices list. Click on it and select the device you need, if there are several.
Important! Even if the service is activated, but at the same time access to Wi-Fi or mobile Internet is disabled on the phone, this method will not work.
Without an internet connection, most of the ways to hack iPhone passcode won’t work.
How to Unlock iPhone Using Recovery Mode
Connect iPhone via USB to any computer and open iTunes.
2. After that, you need to hold down two buttons simultaneously: “Sleep” and “Home”. Keep them for a long time, even when the device starts to reboot. You need to wait for the recovery mode window. On iPhone 7 and 7s, hold down two buttons: Sleep and Volume Down. Hold them just as long.
At the end of the recovery, the password will be reset.
How to unlock iPhone with iTunes on previous sync
Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer and wait until it appears in the list of devices.
2. Open iTunes. If at this step the phone starts asking for a password again, try connecting it to another computer or use recovery mode. In the latter case, you will have to postpone the question of how to unlock your iPhone and recover the passcode first. Learn more about it in method 4. Do not forget to check if you have the latest version of the program, if you need to update the program here. http://www.Apple.com/ru/iTunes/.
Now you need to wait, some time iTunes will sync the data. This process can take several hours, but it’s worth it if you need the data.
When iTunes informs you that the sync is complete, select “Recover Data from iTunes Backup.” Using backups is the easiest thing to do if you’ve forgotten your iPhone password.
If you are unlucky enough to have a pre-made backup of your phone or you don’t need the data, read on and choose another method.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password?
When do I need to unlock my iPhone? Despite the fact that most iPhones have fingerprint scanners, many of them continue to use digital passwords out of habit. There are also owners of phone models 4 and 4s, in which the fingerprint scanner is not built in at all. Plus there is a chance of glitches in the scanner. That is why thousands of people are still faced with the problem of a forgotten password.
How to Unlock iPhone by Installing New Firmware
Attention! Choose your source for downloading the firmware carefully. If there is a virus inside it, it can completely break your iPhone. You won’t be able to find out how to unlock it. Do not ignore the warnings of the antivirus program and do not download files with the extension.exe
Use your computer to find and download the firmware for your iPhone model with the.IPSW extension. This extension is the same for all models. For example, almost all official firmwares can be found here.
2. Enter Explorer and move the firmware file to the folder at C: \ Documents and Settings \ the username you are using \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates.
Now connect your device to your computer via USB cable and enter iTunes. Go to your phone section (if you have multiple devices). Each model will have a full technical name and you can easily find yours.
Press CTRL and “Restore iPhone”. You will be able to select the firmware file that you downloaded. Click on it and click “Open”.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your lock password?
“How to unlock iPhone if you forgot the lock password?”. You may have this question right away in some situations. For example, you want to turn on your old iPhone, but you forgot its passcode because you haven’t used it for a long time. Or maybe you can’t unlock your iPhone because you change your password too often and just don’t have time to remember it. Here are three ways to unlock your iPhone.
Unlocking iPhone with iCloud
This is a fairly simple method, but it is only suitable for those who, before forgetting their iPhone password, activated the “Find iPhone” function.
- Launch a browser on your computer or laptop and go to the official iCloud website.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Click Find My iPhone.
- Click on “All devices” and select the locked iPhone from the list.
- Click Erase iPhone. All information from your device, including a forgotten password, will be deleted. But if you’ve recently made a backup, it can be easily restored.
How to recover password via iTunes?
Here’s what to do in iTunes if your iPhone is locked:
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect iPhone to laptop or computer. To do this, you need to hold down the Home button and the volume up button until the phone enters recovery mode. If you have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, hold down only the volume down button. If iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X, hold only the side button.
- Select your phone and click “Recover” in the pop-up window. The password will be removed. Just keep in mind that restoring your iPhone will erase all settings and content.
Can I Unlock iPhone Without iTunes and iCloud?
Yes. To do this, you need the iSunshare iPhone Passcode Genius app and a Windows PC or laptop. Here’s How to Reset iPhone if Forgot Password with iSunshare iPhone Passcode Genius.
- If you don’t have iTunes on your computer, install it. Then download and install iPhone Passcode Genius.
- In the application, select the option “Unlock the lock screen”.
- Click the Start button to continue.
- Connect your locked iPhone to your Windows computer and click Next.
- The software will detect your iPhone model and show you the corresponding firmware package to download. You can click the Download button to get it. After successfully downloading the firmware package, the program will check the firmware.
- Press the unlock button to start the process. After a while, your iPhone will unlock and you can use it again. Please note that you will lose all data from the device, and iOS will be updated to the latest version.
Now you know how to unlock a locked iPhone. There is nothing difficult in this, but it threatens with the loss of personal data. Especially if you haven’t backed up your device or have done it too long ago. Therefore, make a backup of your iPhone right now.