What to do if you forgot your Icloud password on your iPhone, all options
As already mentioned, there are five ways to find out the password from Ayclaud if you forgot it. You can:
- use your email to reset your password;
- go through the reset procedure for control questions;
- use two-step verification (only for older devices);
- use two-factor authentication (only for new devices);
- contact support.
The latter option is needed in case the problem cannot be solved on its own. Next, we will look at all of the above methods separately.
Reset your password using Apple Support
To reset your password using the Apple Support app on a friend’s or relative’s device, the owner of the device needs to download the app.
The owner of the device must open the App Store on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, search for Apple Support, and download it. They can also open this article on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and download Apple Support from the App Store.
When the owner of the device downloads Apple Support, ask them to hand over the device to you. None of the information you enter will be stored on the device. Open Apple Support and do the following:.
how to!! Unlock Activation Lock ON Apple iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus, Forgot Apple ID Done 2021
- Go to the “Get Support” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and click Apple ID.
- Click Forgot Apple ID Password, then Click Get Started.
- Click “Another Apple ID”.
- Enter the Apple ID you want to reset the password for.
- Click Next and follow the onscreen instructions until you receive confirmation to change your Apple ID password.
Contacting Support Apple
If you don’t want to act on your own, but you need to restore access to your iCloud account, the owner of the Apple equipment can contact Support:
- Going to the Apple.com website, click on the “Support” button.
- On the page that opens, find the link “Contact Support” and click on it.
- Next. click on the Apple ID button.
- Select the problem “I forgot my Apple ID password” in the new window.
- If the user can chat right now. click on the “Talk to Apple Support”.
- And in a new window, enter your account details and a cell number by which the consultant can contact the client.
- As a rule, the specialist calls within five to ten minutes after the application is completed. You may have to wait up to half an hour; if after this time there is no incoming call, you should make the request again. or try one of the previously described options.
Advice: if you don’t want to talk now or you don’t have an opportunity, you should schedule a call by clicking on the next box and choosing a suitable day and time.
Accounts with or without security questions
After resetting your password, you will be prompted to log in again with your new password. You may also need to update your password in the Settings menu on mobile devices.
Apple official website
To restore access to iCloud, a user who has forgotten their account password will need:
- Go to Apple.com and left-click on the tablet icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
How to Reset and Forgot password iCloud on iPhone and iPad success rate 100%
- Select “Login” in the list that opens.
- Find on the new page the already familiar “Forgot your Apple ID or password?” and click on it.
- As you might guess, as a result, the owner of the iPhone will be on the password recovery page; what to do next, he can read in the first section of our material.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Make sure your device is running iOS 10 or later.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click [your name] Password & Security Change Password and follow the onscreen instructions to change your password. IOS 10.2 or earlier: Click iCloud [your name] Password & Security Change Password and follow the onscreen instructions.
Having problems in the previous step? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Open the Settings menu and click Sign in to [your device] “Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it?”, Then follow the instructions on the screen. IOS 10.2 or earlier: Click iCloud Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen.
Forgot iCloud password (Apple ID). how to be and what to do?
Good time! It’s just that a huge number of questions are received both by e-mail and in Комментарии и мнения владельцев to articles on the topic of a forgotten (lost, changed by someone, etc.) e-mail iCloud and its password. To be more precise, this is an Apple ID, but this does not change the essence of the matter. In order to somehow systematize all this information, it was decided to write this article. So, if you do not remember (do not know) the password or e-mail to which your (or “someone else’s”) iPhone or iPad is registered, and you really want to activate it, then this instruction is for you!
A bit of history. With the release of the iOS 7 operating system, Apple introduced additional protection for all device owners from theft, loss, etc. Now no one can access the phone, as well as the data that is on it, if he does not know the Apple ID and password from it.
- Hard Reset.
- Restore with iTunes.
- Upgrading (Upgrading or Downgrading) Firmware.
- Entering DFU mode and then trying to flash.
- Parsing into small parts and replacing certain parts of the phone.
NOTHING will help! Do not trust people who promise to “hack” it for money (most often not small!). Remember. it is impossible to delete an Apple ID without a password to it. iPhone or iPad are rigidly bound to the registration data and can only be unlinked:
- The direct owner of the device who owns this information.
- Apple employee.
Speaking of bindings, they come in two flavors:
- When activated, the system only asks for an Apple ID and password. Everything described below in the article will be devoted to this issue. In this case, there is hope for unlocking.
- Everything is the same, but the Lost Mode is on, in this case you will see the following inscription. This iPhone (iPad) was lost and erased (can be translated as “This iPhone was lost and all data was erased”). In the very last paragraph of the article, there are two “excellent” tips on how to proceed in this case.
So, we have the first scenario and there is no question of any lost mode, but you just forgot the password from iCloud (Apple ID) and the phone (tablet) was locked after updating the firmware or resetting the settings to the factory settings.
What to do? How do I clear the activation message? There are two ways:
- We go to the recovery page and try to do something there: indicate the mail to which the Apple ID is registered, enter an additional e-mail address, answer security questions. If you know at least something, then the chances of unlocking your iPhone increase.!
- For those who do not remember anything at all. We write (or better call) to Apple Support. here is the link to the contact page. We describe your situation as accurately and in detail as possible. Remember, there are people sitting there and more often than not stupid! Most likely, after a short conversation, you will be asked to prove the fact that the device belongs and has always belonged to you. How? Provide a photo of the box (of course, not just packaging, but the place where the serial number is indicated), the serial number of the gadget itself, plus a purchase document (receipts). If everything is in order and Apple employees believe you, the iCloud Lock will be removed.
However, it may also happen that this does not happen. Why? The fact is that just a huge number of people began to forge purchase documents and thus deceive the company.
Free !!! Unlock iCloud Activation Lock without Apple ID Find my iPhone OFF Working Done!!
I do not presume to judge whether it is good or bad, but the fact is that the number of unlocked devices using this method has decreased and each new application already initially causes distrust.
This means that such a situation may happen. the iPhone or iPad really belongs to you, you provided all the documents, and Apple employees refuse to remove Activation Lock. How to be? Write to the English-language support (the last subtitle in this article will help you figure out how to do this) and tell them the whole story about how you forgot your iCloud password and want to unlock it.
If they do not help, then, unfortunately, there is nothing left to do but either hand over the device for spare parts, or put it on the shelf until better times.
Such is the slightly sad ending of the article, but I think that in your case everything will be “OK” and the blocking will be removed for you.
Recover iCloud password without access to mail
Let’s say you forgot your iCloud password, and you don’t have access to your primary and backup e-mail. To unlock, you need to answer security questions:
- We connect the iPhone to the Internet. Go to settings in iCloud.
- Click on “Forgot your password” and enter your Apple ID login.
- Then we choose the answer to the security questions.
If you enter the correct answers, a window for changing the password will open on the screen. Now we enter a new security key, confirm and do not forget it anymore.
If the device uses two-step authentication, and a trusted device is connected, then you can use it to return access.
It is enough to enter the key that was received when setting up the verification so that the code is sent to the trusted device. Using this code, you can reset your iCloud password.
Good afternoon, it’s not possible on your own
Hello, the only acceptable option for you is to contact Support Apple so that they can remotely reset your iclund password
Good day! In this situation, we cannot help you. Activation lock cannot be bypassed. Thank you!
Good day. try to recover the password through your e-mail password, the mail that is linked to the account
Kind. if there is a confirmation that your phone (documents), then removing the lock costs about 7000 r.
How to Unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, then the smart operating system will turn off the device, lock and deactivate it. In order to prevent fraudsters from accessing personal data (for example, passwords from wallets, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you have done an iPhone backup restore to iTunes on a regular basis. In this case, in order to reset the phone, you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer with cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force restart your phone on iPhone X, XS and XR, and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, press and quickly release the volume up button, then volume down. Then keep pressing the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, press the Side and Volume buttons at the same time. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the Top or Side key.
- Select “restore phone” in the window that appears.
- If you saved system backups during synchronization, after downloading the software, you will be prompted to use them to write to your phone. Agree.
- Set up the newly turned on phone and use it.
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
This method can be used only if you know the Apple ID of the device and the password to which the device is linked in the iCloud menu. If you dare to restore a locked iPhone without this information, and activation lock is installed on it using the “find my phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
It is worth using the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be needed if you don’t know, don’t remember the password, couldn’t find it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
- Then click “Repair and Update” on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: on some firmware versions, an error appears (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer your default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the window that appears.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the Internet is slow on your computer), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed while holding down the Shift key. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password
Recover using a deleted iCloud service
This method is almost the same as the previous one. But you can be far from home and your home computer, in another city or another country. You can unlock iPhone via iCloud if you have enabled the “Find My Phone” option before.
- Go to iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile internet. And if you know your ID.
Resetting the Wrong Attempts Counter
Did you leave your iPhone on the coffee table and was grabbed by a curious child? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their beloved phone had turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need another chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter a password on the phone on a computer with which the gadget has already been synced at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the “Devices” menu, select “Synchronize with” Instead of dots. the name of the device.
- As soon as syncing starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone will return to the password entry window. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, you won’t be able to reset the password and the counter of attempts by “hard reset”: you must admit, it would be too easy for intruders.
It will also not work to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first press the “trust” button on the phone. But you will not be able to do this as the screen is locked.
How to log into an iPhone. if you forgot all passwords through iTunes
We can use iTunes to unlock iPhone when the password is forgotten. There are two scripts for removing password in iTunes:
Scenario A: If syncing using iTunes:
Connect iPhone via USB to Computer.
iTunes syncs your iPhone and automatically backs up all data.
After syncing and backing up is complete, click Restore iPhone. This will remove the passcode on your iPhone.
Click “Restore Backup” in iTunes and select the most recent backup to restore data on your device. You can now unlock your iPhone without passcode.
Scenario B: If your iPhone is not yet synced with iTunes, you can use recovery mode to unlock iPhone without a password:
Use free ReiBoot to unlock your iPhone / iPad without password with disabilities in recovery mode. If you successfully enter recovery mode, you will see a connection to the iTunes icon on the screen of your device.
If you have never synchronized with iTunes to restore your device, you will need to use the recovery mode. This will erase the data on the device and its password. Open iTunes, force restart, select “Repair”.
ways to hack iPhone password
How to Unlock iPhone 6/6 Plus Using Tenorshare 4uKey
Forgot iPhone passcode or device is disabled, you want to remove passcode from iPhone. the article also presents one of the easiest and fastest ways to solve your problem. Tenorshare 4uKey. is an iPhone unlocking tool that allows you to unlock your iPhone without a passcode. The software is also available in Russian.
Download and install the program on your PC / Mac before we start.
Launch the program and connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. After the tool recognizes your device, you can click “Get Started” to remove the iPhone passcode.
Before unlocking iPhone passcode, download the latest iOS firmware over the Internet.
When the software is downloaded to your computer, you can click Open Now to start iPhone recovery without passcode.
The whole process takes a few minutes. Please keep your device connected to the system recovery process.
When the iPhone passcode is removed successfully, you can set your iPhone as new, including passcode, touch ID.
How to unlock iPhone 6/6 Plus / 6S if it is locked
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone’s passcode or if your device is locked off, you’ve come to the right place. There are many ways. if you see a message like “iPhone is disconnected. Connect to iTunes”. How to unlock the device in this case? Forgetting your phone password can sometimes be a tedious task. In this post, we will provide various solutions to unlock iPhone 6/6 Plus / 6s. if you forgot your password.
Unlock iPhone without Lock Code with iCloud
This method only works if you have the “Find iPhone” option configured and activated to bypass the iPhone password.
You need to follow the link https://www.iCloud.com/#find.
go through the authorization process using your Apple ID and password.
At the top of the screen, you will see the All Devices list. Click on it and select the device you need, if there are several.
Click “Erase (device name)”, this way you will erase all phone data along with its password.
5.Now grab your iPhone and set it up like new. If you previously backed up your data, then restore from the backup file.
In our article, we have disassembled 3 ways to recover iPhone password, if you want to reset iPad password, you can also use these methods.
How to reset if you forgot your password?
Now it’s worth considering how to reset iCloud on iPhone in case you don’t know the password. But note that this will help in the case when the phone, and, accordingly, the account belongs to you and the password was simply forgotten.
To do this, you need to restore access to the ID:
- We go to the site to log into your account and at the bottom we click to restore the password.
- Enter your email, to which the ID is linked.
- We are waiting for a letter from Apple and follow the instructions in it.
After recovering and activating the password, you can reset iCloud in accordance with the instructions that were given earlier.
Last Chance to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S
If the previous options do not work, then you will not be able to save your phone. The only exception is 5S or earlier models that have iOS version 7.0-7.0.6 installed, as it has a small loophole for deleting an entry.
On later ones, this will not work, but if you are still a happy owner of such a gadget, then follow the instructions to remove it:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the iCloud menu.
- Simultaneously press “Delete account” and the item “Find iPhone”.
- In the event that you pressed at the same time, a window will appear to confirm the action, where you will need to enter the password.
- We do not press anything, but simply hold down the lock button and turn off the phone.
- When turned on, the account will be deleted and you can connect a new one.
But this does not always work, and you can try a more complex option according to the following instruction:
- Go to settings, then iCloud.
- Click to delete the account, and then cancel the action.
- We go into the account, delete the password field and enter any one at our discretion. Confirm and exit.
- We repeat the second point.
- Next, go to your account, erase the value of the line description and click “Finish”.
- Again we press “Delete account” and now it should be deleted without asking for a password.
How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5S, 4S, 6
One of the popular services on iPhone is iCloud cloud storage. How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s and other models, for example, when reselling or transferring an iPhone to other hands. read our material.
For users of iPhone smartphones, a large number of useful services are provided, access to which is opened by an Apple ID account. But when transferring your gadget, in case of sale or for another reason, it becomes necessary to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s or another model. And you need to know how to do it.
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone without Password?
If the account does not belong to you and the password is unknown, which happens when buying a phone from your hands, there are several ways to delete the account, in particular:
How to reset iCloud on iPhone?
In order to perform a reset, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- We take our gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Next “Apple ID”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Exit”.
- Next, you will need to confirm the action and enter the password for your account.
It is important to note that in order to reset iCloud on iPhone 4s and other models, you need to know the password from your Apple ID.
Saving iPhone data before resetting your account
If you just change the Apple ID, but the device remains yours, then to save the files, you just need to transfer them from the iPhone cloud to the phone gallery and save there.
If you need to save data and reset iCloud on iPhone 6, then follow the instructions:
- Go to “Settings” and go to Apple ID.
- Next, go to iCloud, scroll down and find the item “Backup to iCloud”.
- Now we press “Create a backup” and wait for the end of the operation.
After that, a full reset of the phone is carried out with zeroing for transfer to the new owner. Log out of your account in accordance with the instructions provided earlier.
It is also worth completely resetting all data and settings to the factory settings, which is done as follows:
- In the settings, go to the “Basic” item.
- Next “Reset”.
- Select the item “Delete content and settings”.
- We confirm the action and wait.
Upon completion, you will have a completely clean phone with factory settings.