Two ways to hack iCloud
During the presentation of the iPhone 6 and Watch, the topic of security was bypassed. But after all, only ten days have passed since the publication of intimate photos from the hacked iCloud of Hollywood stars.
Meanwhile, since the day of the leak, Apple has already blocked the function of endless password entry in the Find My iPhone service, through which the accounts were supposedly hacked. Other methods of protection are still being prepared, and their release is expected in the near future. In turn, security researchers from Ars Technica, according to Gazeta, checked how difficult it is now to hack iCloud, and found that this can be done in at least two ways.
Method one: complex
With this technique, researchers extract an image of your smartphone, which is automatically saved to iCloud and allows you to restore, if necessary, all data in a matter of minutes. In their work, the experts used the Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker (EPPB) and Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit (EIFT) programs. EIFT is a program designed to upload a backup to a computer directly from a smartphone.
However, the backup, even if downloaded to your computer, is an encrypted file. It is in order to decipher it that the second program, EPPB, is needed. It is intended primarily for law enforcement agencies, and therefore the developer strictly monitors its distribution. The solution allows using the method of selecting encryption keys to extract all the necessary information from the image.
Hacking the iPhone 5s directly turned out to be not so easy: the EIFT program is not yet able to open the code of a 64-bit ARM processor, and therefore it was not possible to unload the system image from the smartphone via the wire. But the iPhone 4 with the old version of iOS 5.1 “gave away” its encrypted file without any problems, and it can already be easily jailbroken.
In fact, it doesn’t matter how the smartphone backup was obtained: it can be saved on the computer using standard iTunes tools.
Likewise, the image downloaded from iCloud easily succumbed to hacking through EPPB: the developers report that the file was opened by brute-forcing the keys in two days on a weak computer with an Intel Atom processor. With a powerful machine, this process will be noticeably faster.
Method two: simple
For this method, you do not need to hack anything, you need to find out the Apple ID and password, as well as the “blank” iPhone. You can get your iCloud username and password with a simple phishing email or using the forgotten password recovery function.
You can restore a backup to any smartphone, it is enough to enter iCloud from a clean iPhone. After the attacker enters the victim’s login and password, he receives a full copy of the smartphone: along with photos, call history, correspondence, and so on.
over, through the iCloud web interface, you can activate the Find My iPhone function and track the movement of the victim on the map if she carries her smartphone with her. Using the iCloud website, you can upload all the data that is synchronized in the cloud: photos, videos, browser history, phone calls, correspondence, and so on.
To cope with the second method will have to activate two-factor authorization. With it, in addition to the login and password, the attackers will also need to enter a special code received by SMS or e-mail. However, experts believe that it will not be enough: in their opinion, the requirement to put your finger on the Touch ID fingerprint scanner would be much more reliable. In addition, the researchers said that Apple should make the encryption of the backups themselves more serious.
How to find your Apple ID on Mac?
If you’re signed in to your iTunes and Mac App Store account:
Launch iTunes and go to the Store menu. Your Apple ID will appear on the View Account (your ID) line.
Or in the main iTunes window to the left of the search bar, click on the icon with an avatar and a down arrow. In the window that appears, you will see your Apple ID.
Launch the Mac App Store and go to the Store menu. Your Apple ID will appear on the View Account (your ID) line.
Or on the “Featured” page in the “Quick Links” side menu, click on the “Account” label. you will see your ID in the authorization window.
If you are not signed in to your iTunes account:
Launch iTunes, go to the “Applications” menu and select “My Programs”. a list of programs loaded in iTunes will be displayed. Right-click on the icon of any application and click on “Details” in the context menu.
Click on the “File” tab. The identifier with which this application was downloaded will be displayed in the “Buyer” line, for example, “Alexander Varakin (email@example.com)”.
“System settings. iCloud “(if iCloud is connected).
“System settings. Internet accounts. ICloud account “(if connected).
In Safari, at http://icloud.com if AutoFill for Web Forms is enabled and you have signed in to the iCloud web interface using Safari at least once.
If you haven’t signed in to iTunes and the Mac App Store with your Apple ID, and haven’t connected iCloud in OS X System Preferences, you can identify your Apple ID using a special prompt. For this:
In a web browser such as Safari, go to the Apple ID Management page and click Forgot Apple ID or Password, or follow the link.
Click on “Forgot Apple ID”. the “Find Apple ID” page will load. enter the Name, Surname and email address that you may have used when registering an account.
Practice shows that Apple ID search does not work by Name, Surname, aliases (alternative e-mail) and even by a backup e-mail address. Why such a search is necessary for me a mystery.
The cherished message “Found Apple ID” will appear only when you enter the correct First Name, Last Name and the main email address to which the account was registered.
Yes, the Mac is good at everything, but very expensive, for example, the for the 11-inch MacBook Air in the Russian Apple Store start at 69,990.00 rubles (you can find it cheaper). Every home has a Windows computer.
Forgot Apple ID and so what??
The most dangerous thing that this can lead to is Activation Lock, which will prevent you from activating your iPhone, iPad or Mac without your Apple ID password. As a result, you will not be able to use your device. A problem arises. how to remember the Apple ID password, if you do not remember which mail it was registered with?
When the device is activated, the Apple ID name is published encrypted. only the first character of the identifier and the domain of the mail service are displayed, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org is displayed instead of email@example.com. The number of “asterisks” does not correspond to the real number of hidden characters, that is, there are 5 tokens, but there can be 3, 7, and 10 characters. So chances are that you will remember your Apple ID by the first character and mail domain (@) few.
Fortunately, you can find your Apple ID in plain text:
Delete iCloud Account From iPhone 5s,5c,5 Without Password
- on iPhone / iPad;
- on Windows and Mac computer.
Forgot Apple ID. What to do? How to find your Apple ID?
The main thing. do not despair. there is always a way out! Find it under the cut.
We talked about what Apple ID is and what it is for here. How to create it. here. I will not repeat myself.
Despite the fact that the Apple ID is the email address to which the account is registered, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, there are times when users, along with the password, forget it too. How so?
If you use email only for registration, for example, on. Odnoklassinka, or Instagram, you won’t remember your e-mail in a month. What can I say if a new mailbox is created randomly with each new registration? Write how you forgot your Apple ID in the comments. So the question is:
How to find Apple ID on iPhone / iPad?
ITunes Store app on the Music, Movies, or Sounds page (scroll to the bottom).
Podcasts App Featured Page (Scroll to the bottom).
If you connected your Apple ID in iPhone / iPad Settings, you can find your Apple ID in:
Menu “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” in the iCloud account.
Music menu in the Home Sharing section.
Video menu in the Home Sharing section.
If you’ve signed in to your account in Find My iPhone at least once, your Apple ID is available in the login window.
If your iPhone or iPad is password-locked, won’t turn on, or you activate your device, your Apple ID can be identified using your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
How to find your Apple ID on a Windows computer?
- Launch iTunes, in the main menu of the program go to the line “iTunes Store” (if the main menu of iTunes is not displayed, press the Alt key). If you are signed in to your account, your Apple ID will be displayed in the “View Account (your ID)” line.
Launch iCloud for Windows. If you are signed in to your account, your Apple ID will be displayed in the main application window on the left.
If you’re not signed in to your iTunes and iCloud for Windows account:
Launch iTunes, go to the “Applications” menu and select “My Programs”. a list of programs loaded in iTunes will be displayed. Right-click on the icon of any application and click on “Details” in the context menu.
In the window with the description of the application, go to the “File” tab. The identifier with which it was uploaded will be displayed in the “Buyer” line, for example, “Alexander Varakin (email@example.com)”.
If iTunes is empty or no apps downloaded using your Apple ID, use the Apple ID search form on the Find Apple ID page. enter your First Name, Last Name, and email address that you might have registered for your account. If the data is correct, you will see the message: “Found Apple ID”.
In case nothing comes out
- locked with a password;
- does not turn on;
- not activated;
- The Windows or Mac computer it synced with is not signed in to your iTunes and Mac App Store account.
- iTunes has no downloaded apps;
- your hacked Apple ID
One thing remains. find the receipt for the purchase of the official device and contact Support Apple. There are no other ways to recover Apple ID.
From all of the above, the following conclusions can be drawn:
- If you use your Apple ID to download games, apps, music, movies, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime, you’ll either remember it or find it easily.
- Even if your iPhone / iPad does not turn on, is locked with a password or is not activated, you can find your Apple ID using your computer in iTunes.
- Finding Apple ID by First Name, Last Name, and Email Address on the Find Apple ID page is useless.
- If you have an official iPhone / iPad and have a purchase receipt, Apple Support can help you recover your Apple ID.
You still have questions, are there any additions or comments on the text? Write in the comments. we will certainly answer.
To recover your iCloud password, you need an Apple ID or login. If you don’t remember him, follow these steps:
How to restore old icloud on iPhone
It is necessary to restore Icloud by phone number or in other ways if the owner of the device has decided to purchase a new model or needs to increase the speed of the gadget by resetting the settings.
It will not be possible to find out the old password from Icloud and restore it on this web resource; but, as before, the owner of the iPhone or iPad will be able to set a new access code. To do this, go to icloud.com and use the link “Forgot Apple ID or password?”. further actions are identical to those described above.
You can also get access to iCloud from another popular application. iTunes; you do not need to sync your iPhone with your computer. The recovery process is as follows:
- The iPhone owner launches the program, and then calls the drop-down menu “Account”.
- In the window that opens, clicks on the link “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”.
- Now it will be redirected to the already familiar page “Having problems logging into your account?”; what to do next is described in detail in the previous section.
Apple official website
To restore access to iCloud, a user who has forgotten their account password will need:
- Go to Apple.com and left-click on the tablet icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Select “Login” in the list that opens.
- Find on the new page the already familiar link “Forgot your Apple ID or password?” and click on it.
- As you might guess, as a result, the owner of the iPhone will be on the password recovery page; what to do next, he can read in the first section of our material.
iCloud for Windows
It is worth making a reservation right away: there are no password recovery procedures for owners of iPhones, iPads and other Apple products. The user can only reset a forgotten access code and come up with a new one. preferably easier to remember.
Important: although there are no restrictions on the number of resets, this procedure should not be abused: sooner or later the developer will consider the actions of the account owner suspicious and will block him until clarification is received.
Recovering access to iCloud if you’ve forgotten your password is only slightly more difficult than putting a ringtone on your iPhone. The user will need:
- Find the application icon. usually it is hidden in the “Hidden icons” of the quick access panel.
- Click on it with the left or right mouse button and click on the “Login” button.
- In the new window, use the link “Forgot Apple ID or password” located under the fields for login and password.
- As a result, the user will be redirected to the Apple official website page. Finding out your access code here, as already mentioned, will not work; besides, with some degree of probability the user will have to deal with the English interface. To switch to Russian, click on the round flag icon in the lower right part of the browser window.
- And choose your region and your country.
- Now, to restore access to Icloud, you need to enter your username in the Apple ID field. if the iPhone owner has forgotten it too, you will have to use the corresponding link.
- Having selected the option “I want to reset the password” on the new page (it is impossible to restore the access code), click the “Continue” button again.
- And indicate exactly how you plan to restore the ability to authorize in iCloud. By choosing the first (letter to the email address specified during registration), the owner of the iPhone.
- Will see a message about sending a letter.
- In a few seconds it will come too; by clicking on the link contained in the text, the user is obliged.
- Come up with and enter a new password twice. it must be different from the old one, be longer than seven characters and contain at least one number.
- By clicking on the “Reset password” button, the user will see a message stating that the changes have taken effect, and an offer to log into their iCloud account; now it will be easier than downloading music to iPhone.
- If the second option is chosen to reset the password, that is, using security questions.
- The user will have to indicate the date of birth. the one that was entered during registration.
- And answer the questions selected by the system. two out of three.
- If all the data is entered correctly, the owner of the iCloud account will be able to proceed to creating a new password. the process is no different from the one described earlier.
- Done! Now you should call the iCloud application window again and enter new data to access your account. no problems with authorization should arise.
On iPhone or iPad
It is possible to restore access to iCloud on a mobile device, be it a phone or tablet from Apple. It will not be possible to find out your old code. the user, as before, can only set a new one. To do this, you need:
- If the device is authorized. go to “Settings”, tap on the user icon.
- Scroll down the opened page and click on the “Exit” button.
- Now, to reset the password, the user just needs to try to download any application from the App Store: the system will ask for the account data, and, again using the link “Forgot Apple ID or password?”, The iPhone owner will start the process of recovering the access code.
Tip: you can also sign out of your iCloud account in another way. by going to “Settings” in the “Passwords and accounts” section and unlinking your iPhone or iPad there.
Restore access to iCloud
It should be noted right away that the procedure for restoring access to iCloud depends on what data the user remembers. This can be done using e-mail, security questions or a phone number. Data recovery is available not only on the phone, but also through the computer.
How to change iCloud on iPhone
Since iCloud is a more important account (here is the “Find iPhone” function, backups, iCloud Drive, etc.), we’ll start with it.
- Open Settings.
- At the very top we see your name (account name). click on it.
- Scroll the screen to the very bottom and see the line “Exit”.
- Click and meet the first warning: “If you sign out of your account, all photos in Photo Stream and iCloud Drive stored in iCloud will be deleted from this iPhone.” What does it mean? This means that when you change your iCloud account, the above data associated with it will be deleted from the iPhone. No need to worry, they will remain in the “cloud” itself and you can access them from the www.icloud.com website. We agree with this.
- The second warning pops up. “All iCloud notes will be deleted from the iPhone.” Relevant for those who have used the notes application and synchronized its contents with cloud storage, computer, etc. Again, you need to understand that they are not completely deleted, access to them will remain using the site.
- Another question. “What do you want to do with calendars, Safari data, contacts and reminders?” I choose to leave it on this iPhone. In which case, you can remove them yourself later.
- We are offered to enter the password from iCloud. we do it. Everyone, we’re signed out on this iPhone.
- Entering new data. iCloud changed.
How to change Apple ID and iCloud account on iPhone
Greetings! Today’s article is from the series “every owner of a smartphone from Apple should know this.” I would even say, I just have to. Why? Because knowing how to correctly change the Apple ID or iCloud account on the iPhone can be useful to you almost always. And even if it is not needed now, then someday it will be needed Believe me, my little personal experience. Believe me, believe me, it will not be superfluous! 🙂
In general, as a rule, for the time being, the user does not even think about this operation. Doesn’t the smartphone work? Working! Are there any problems? It seems to be not! Then why bother with any settings at all? But nothing lasts forever and all sorts of things can happen. What kind? Lots of examples.
- Selling the device.
- Buying a new or correct purchase of a non-new gadget.
- Someone knows your Apple ID, password, iCloud. the surest way to protect yourself, completely change your account.
- Just start your iPhone life from scratch 🙂
In general, it is clear that the job is necessary. So let’s learn how to completely log out of the Apple ID and iCloud accounts linked to the iPhone, and log in with new data. Forward!:)
Important! It is necessary to understand that for those people who, for some reason, do not know (do not remember) the password and username of the identifier, this method will not work, they should do this.
2 ways to change Apple ID
Now you can change the second identifier on the iPhone. Apple ID. There are two ways here:
- In the case when you have already logged out of iCloud (how to do it. described above), then you can simply erase everything from your phone and then it will be completely new and clean “like from a factory”. Naturally, no information will remain on it! Next, we just create a new Apple ID account and indicate it directly during activation.
- Or change Apple ID through the menu. Conveniently, in this case, all games, applications, music, ringtones, etc. will remain on the device. downloaded using the previous account.
- Go to Settings.
- Open the menu item. iTunes Store and App Store.
- Click on the name of the account.
- Go out.
- Linking a new Apple ID to replace the old one.
As you can see, all manipulations take place exclusively in the settings and do not take much time.
Finally, it is worth noting one important thing. despite the fact that I tried to describe the process of replacing accounts on the iPhone in as much detail as possible, it may well be that something remained incomprehensible.
Therefore, we are not shy and write our own in the comments:
- Observations, notes, incomprehensible situations and other stories (personal experience is cool!).
- Questions. I will try to answer and help absolutely everyone!
Last chance to reset icloud on iPhone 5S
If the previous options do not work, then you will not be able to save your phone. The only exception is 5S or earlier models that have iOS version 7.0-7.0.6 installed, as it has a small loophole for deleting an entry.
On later ones, this will not work, but if you are still a happy owner of such a gadget, then follow the instructions to remove it:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the iCloud menu.
- Simultaneously press “Delete account” and the item “Find iPhone“.
- In the event that you pressed at the same time, a window will appear to confirm the action, where you will need to enter the password.
- We do not press anything, but simply hold down the lock button and turn off the phone.
- When turned on, the account will be deleted and you can connect a new one.
But this does not always work, and you can try a more complex option according to the following instruction:
- Go to settings, then iCloud.
- Click to delete the account, and then cancel the action.
- We go into the account, delete the password field and enter any one at our discretion. Confirm and exit.
- We repeat the second point.
- Next, go to your account, erase the value of the line description and click “Finish”.
- Again we press “Delete account” and now it should be deleted without asking for a password.
How to reset iCloud on iPhone without passcode?
If the account does not belong to you and you do not know the password, which happens when buying a handset, there are several ways to delete the account, in particular:
How to reset icloud on iPhone?
In order to perform a reset, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- We take our gadget and go to “Settings”.
- Next “Apple ID”.
- Scroll down the page and click “Exit”.
- Next, you will need to confirm the action and enter the password for your account.
It is important to note that in order to reset iCloud on iPhone 4s and other models, you need to know the password from your Apple ID.
How to reset if you forgot your password?
Now it’s worth considering how to reset iCloud on iPhone in case you don’t know the password. But note that this will help in the case when the phone, and, accordingly, the account belongs to you and the password was simply forgotten.
To do this, you need to restore access to the ID:
- We go to the site to log into your account and at the bottom we click to restore the password.
- Enter your email, to which the ID is linked.
- We are waiting for a letter from Apple and follow the instructions in it.
After recovering and activating the password, you can reset the icloud in accordance with the instructions that were given earlier.
How to Reset iCloud on iPhone 5S, 4S, 6
One of the popular services on the iPhone is iCloud cloud storage. How to reset iCloud on iPhone 5s and other models, for example, when reselling or transferring an iPhone to other hands. read our material.
For users of iPhone smartphones, a large number of useful services are provided, access to which is opened by an Apple ID account. But when you transfer your gadget, in case of sale or for another reason, it becomes necessary to reset the icloud on the iPhone 5s or another model. And you need to know how to do it.
Saving iPhone data before resetting your account
If you just change the Apple ID, but the device remains yours, then to save the files, you just need to transfer them from the iPhone cloud to the phone gallery and save there.
If you need to save data and reset icloud on iPhone 6, then follow the instructions:
- Go to “Settings” and go to Apple ID.
- Next, go to iCloud, scroll down and find the item “Backup to iCloud”.
- Now we press “Create a backup” and wait for the end of the operation.
After that, a full reset of the phone is carried out with zeroing for transfer to the new owner. Log out of your account in accordance with the instructions provided earlier.
It is also worth completely resetting all data and settings to the factory settings, which is done as follows:
- In the settings, go to the “Basic” item.
- Next “Reset”.
- Select the item “Delete content and settings”.
- We confirm the action and wait.
Upon completion, you will have a completely clean phone with factory settings.