Quick way Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset
But, there is an easier way to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset. If you have forgotten the pattern or password for your smartphone, then use the Android Remote Control tool.
To do this, go to the Android Remote Control website, log in to the Google account that is used on the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone, then click on the “Clear” button. Thus, you perform a factory reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4, and remove the pattern.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset: Factory Reset, Firmware Update
Xiaomi Redmi 4 is a new smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer. It offers powerful hardware and interesting features. In addition, the display of Xiaomi Redmi 4 is made using edge-to-edge technology, that is, there is practically no frame around the screen.
All this is of course good, but if you switched to this article, most likely you have a problem with your smartphone.
We want to tell you how to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset or Factory Reset.
This function allows you to restore the smartphone to factory settings, clear the internal memory, and also solve many software errors.
Making a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset is not as easy as on any other Android device, because Xiaomi has specifically blocked recovery mode on its smartphones. This is to prevent a thief from performing a Hard Reset if your smartphone is stolen. Thus, he will not be able to unlock the smartphone and use it for his own purposes.
Firstly, if you want to make Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset via recovery mode, then you need to unlock Bootloader. Read. How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Smartphone.
Hard Way Xiaomi Redmi 4 Hard Reset
If you do not remember the login and password from your Google account, or for some other reason you cannot reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4 using the first method, then we will tell you about a more complicated one.
For this method, you need to have an unlocked Bootloader.
This method involves updating to the latest firmware version. You will need a Windows computer. Also make sure you fully charge your smartphone.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool and install it on your computer.
- Go to MIUI website, search and select Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone.
- Download the latest stable firmware for your smartphone model.
- Then go to FastBoot mode. To do this, turn off your smartphone completely, then press and hold the Volume (-) and Power on key. You will see a MIUI man with an Android robot, as in the image below:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable.
- Unzip the firmware file that you downloaded in step 3. Save the path to the firmware on your computer.
- Open the MIUI ROM Flashing Tool you downloaded and installed in step 1.
- In the line next to Select, paste the path to the firmware. Or press the Select button and select the firmware on your computer.
- Click on the refresh button for the program to automatically recognize your smartphone.
- Make sure you select cleanall at the bottom of the window.
- Then click on the flash button.
- Wait until the progress line is completely green and the result column shows success.
Thus, you installed a new firmware on the Xiaomi Redmi 4 smartphone, thereby performing a Hard Reset, resetting the settings and removing the pattern / password.
Please note, you can use this manual for any other Xiaomi smartphone, only in paragraphs 2 and 3 download the firmware for your model.
Dear Reader! If suddenly the method described in the article did not help you. please help the others. write how you dealt with the problem or ask a question. By the way, the answer to your question may already be in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Please do not remain indifferent. share useful information with people. If you know the answer to your question. write, please, the information will be very useful to someone. Thanks in advance!
Reset through recovery
If the bootloader is unlocked on your phone, then it is convenient to reset Xiaomi settings through recovery. This is done in an elementary way:
- First of all, we take out a memory card and a SIM card from the phone. If this is not done, the information stored on them may be damaged or deleted altogether. Also, do not forget to fully charge the phone. Of course, the procedure is not so long that there is a risk of killing the entire battery, but, as they say, just in case, it is recommended to fully charge the battery before any software configuration of Xiaomi smartphones;
- Turn off your mobile device;
- We simultaneously hold down the power and volume up buttons. This is a well-known combination that directs us to recovery mode;
- Among the available languages there are oriental languages that are obscure to our people and, of course, English. In the absence of Russian, we choose English. Menu navigation is carried out using the same power and volume buttons. We move up and down using the volume buttons, and confirm the actions with the power button;
- In the menu we are interested in the item “Wipe all data”. It implies the intention to delete all data from the phone. Of course, the system will ask you again if you are sure of the radicalness of your decision. Feel free to agree and click on “Wipe clean”;
- Having received the final answer from you, the phone has no choice but to start deleting data and rolling back to factory settings. As a rule, the progress of the process is displayed on the screen in the form of a bar with percentages. The system accelerates from zero to one hundred in about a couple of minutes, and upon completion the phone will be rebooted;
- We see the familiar menu of the initial setup of the smartphone, indicate the time zone, Mi account data, etc. In a word, we act as if a newly purchased gadget fell into our hands, and you see it for the first time at all (although you already know how to set it up).
How to Hard reset on Xiaomi Redmi 4
Today we are going to learn how to reset the phone to factory settings. For example, consider the line of Xiaomi Redmi smartphones, namely its fourth generation. Although we must say right away that the recommendations given below are also relevant for most other Xiaomi gadgets due to the similarity of the configuration of the models.
So, there are two main options for action. The first one is suitable only for new models of smartphones on which the Qualcomm processor is installed and the bootloader is blocked by default. If you have just such a phone, then in its settings there is a special button for restoring factory settings. Just click on it, wait a few seconds and you’re done. all settings on your mobile device are reset. This is the simplest and most common method of action that owners of modern Xiaomi phones enjoy with pleasure.
How to factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 4 using Hard Reset
After using a mobile phone for a long time, its software will inevitably deteriorate. Various glitches and slowdowns begin to appear, and using such a smartphone is no longer as comfortable as on the first day after purchase.
But it is quite possible to bring the sensations as close as possible to the very first ones. A complete reset of all installed settings will help in this. It is also called Hard Reset. Such a procedure is done quite easily and quickly, and most importantly. it does not need special devices, and absolutely everyone can cope with it.
FACTORY DATA RESET Xiaomi Redmi 4, 4X
When and why to do Hard Reset?
In addition to the considered situation of the deterioration of the quality of the firmware from the time of using the smartphone, there are also other situations in which you cannot do without a rollback to the factory settings. In particular, these are:
- Preparing the phone for changing the firmware;
- Locking the device due to the fact that a graphic or numeric password has been entered incorrectly several times and there is no way to remember it.
Before flashing, it is recommended to reset, so that the new software is installed not over the old settings, but on the cleared ground. In this case, the likelihood increases that you will not encounter any old smartphone errors after changing the firmware.
If you have forgotten the password for the phone, then you will not be able to unlock it in any way, except for resetting the settings. The password, in fact, is one of the user settings.
HARD RESET Xiaomi Redmi 4, 4X
A couple of important notes
Depending on whether you have official or custom firmware (and recovery), the name of the items in the menu may differ. But in any case, look for the word Wipe. the button with it is responsible for resetting the settings.
Make sure your phone is 100% charged before starting the process. If it turns off suddenly during a factory reset, it will be difficult to turn it on.
The first start-up after a reset takes longer than usual. But don’t think to worry. it’s by design. The system reboots with the updated settings, and it is logical that it takes a little more time.
We hope our recommendations were useful for you, and you can perform a factory reset on Xiaomi even with your eyes closed.!
Hard reset. Xiaomi Redmi 4X, сброс телефона до заводских настроек
Due to the fact that after a reset, all data (games, applications, contacts, etc.) will be deleted from your Xiaomi phone, we strongly recommend that you back up your data to the Google cloud in order to restore them later.
How to factory reset Xiaomi Redmi 4x?
In this guide, we will show you how to reset your Xiaomi Redmi 4x to factory settings in two ways. The instruction is also suitable for other models of the line, for example Redmi 5 or 6.
Resetting the settings to the factory state (aka hard reset or Hard Reset) returns the phone software to its original state. After its implementation, all your data, including contacts, messages, photos and applications will be deleted.
Such a reset can help get rid of system glitches or help out if you forgot your Xiaomi’s picture password or pin code. In addition, it will be required if you decide to sell a smartphone and do not want the buyer to see what data was on it.
Reset from the Settings menu
To perform a reset in the first way, you need to go to the “Settings” menu and in the “System and device” section open the “Advanced” tab.
Select “Restore and reset”, and then “Reset settings”.
After opening it, click on “Personal data” or, if you want to delete files only from the memory card, “Clear SD card”.
After that, Redmi 4x will reboot and after a while the phone will be in the “out of the box” state, like when you first turn it on after purchase.
Let us remind you once again that a hard reset deletes all data from the smartphone’s memory, so we recommend making a backup and transferring files from Xiaomi to your computer.
What you need to know before resetting (must read)
If you have a Google account on your phone, then before you reset, make sure you know exactly the username and password, otherwise after the phone turns on after the reset, you simply cannot enter it.
You can also log out of your Google account first, and only then roll back to the factory.
The same goes for the Mi account. If you do not remember her details, then you simply cannot then enter the phone.
Using the buttons from the Recovery menu
This method will be the only one possible if you cannot enter the phone menu.
In order to do a factory reset using this method, you need to turn off the smartphone, and then press and hold the power / lock and volume up buttons until a vibration occurs and the Recovery menu in English from three items opens on the screen. The volume up button must not be released until you get into Recovery.
In the menu that opens, select the “Wipe data” item and confirm the selection. After that, a factory reset will start and after a while Redmi 4x will turn on for initial setup.
On Xiaomi smartphones, unlike most other Android devices, the volume up button is used to enter the Recovery menu, not down. Many people, in the old-fashioned way, press on / off the volume and get into Fastboot mode with the “Xiaomi hare”, in which no reset naturally occurs.
We hope we were able to help you. If you have any questions. ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Factory reset (hard reset) for Xiaomi Redmi 4 phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a hard reset of your smartphone (Hard Reset) Xiaomi Redmi 4. Typically, this procedure is performed to restore system performance, which has been violated by viruses, deleting system files, “clumsy” firmware update and many others. things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up your system and files. We will describe all this in detail below.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Options” window.
- Click on “Backup and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset”.
- To remove absolutely all applications and files, check the “Clear internal memory”.
- It remains to click on “Reset settings” and enter the password, if required.
Attention! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. In order not to be guaranteed not to “wander” in all parameters in search of the desired menu, it is easier on the main page to enter the query “Reset” in the search box. Select the desired menu from the proposed list and you will immediately get into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (shell Samsung Experience)
- Go to the settings in a way convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Backup and reset”).
- Tap on “Reset data”.
- Click on the blue reset button.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Next”.
- Click “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It will remain to customize it as after purchase.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the application menu or launch them using the icon in the notification shade.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Click “Reset”.
- Select “Erase All Data” (“Reset to Factory Settings”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the button below.
- Enter the device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will reboot and you will need to go through the initial setup again as if it were a new phone.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 4 Phone from Settings Menu?
Attention! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, protection against reset), Android will ask you to enter your account login and password, which was assigned before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell a smartphone, you need to log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete account”) before resetting so that the person who receives your phone can activate their profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the difficulty of describing the factory reset process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware as examples:
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all devices released about the Android One program;
- Galaxy S7 running Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell too;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not ignore it.
The easiest way to do a Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system parameters. Note again that the location and name of the items may differ slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category for recovery and reset.
How to create a backup?
Attention! Reset will erase all data on the Xiaomi Redmi 4 phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, images, videos, documents and everything else, then you must do this, otherwise you will lose all personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these guidelines.
- Transfer photos, documents and videos to your computer via USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to backup images, and Google Drive cloud service is suitable for documents and folders, but you can upload the number of files to it. You will have to pay to expand storage.
- In order not to lose contacts and applications, activate cloud sync in the settings. Go to the path “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Turn on Google Account Backup.
Once done, you can Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 4.
How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Redmi 4 via Recovery?
This is a useful method if the phone has a problem that prevents it from loading. It is for such cases that you need a recovery mode, through which you will need to perform a Hard Reset.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold down the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of normal loading, you will see a menu where navigation is performed using the volume keys (move the cursor) and power (select).
- Go down to the category “Wipe data / factory reset” and click on it with the power key.
- Highlight ‘Yes’ to confirm reset.
Upon completion of the reset, the device will reboot and display the standard welcome and settings window. Again, the menu names may differ slightly depending on the model.