What is an Apple ID password and why it is dangerous to forget it
One of these security codes is the Apple ID password, found exclusively in Apple products from Cupertino. And unlike many other locking tools, the use of this key is mandatory, and from the very beginning of the device’s operation, that is, from the moment of its first setup.
In the first case, the user is prompted to enter a name written in the Latin alphabet with the obligatory ending “@ icloud.com”, while the password requires a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters with the obligatory use of uppercase and capital letters.
It is noteworthy that to create your Apple account it is not at all necessary to purchase a new device, because you can register on the official website Appled.Apple.com, doing it completely free.
In this case, it is not at all necessary to tie up your bank card data, despite the fact that the system will request them. over, if you do not intend to use iTunes or any other paid Apple services, then it is better not to tie the card at all, since by agreeing to a 3-month free subscription to any application, its owner runs the risk of being automatically debited after the specified period.
It should be noted that it will not be possible to do without accounting, and not only at the initial stage of operation, but also in the future, since access to the AppStore and any other built-in service of the company without an Apple ID continues to be impossible.
But changing the secret code-password is quite real, and completely free of charge and as much as your heart desires. To do this, go to the “Account Management” menu and enter a new password with a mandatory duplicate confirmation, using for this purpose any synchronized device with the same ID.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 5, 5S, 6S, 4C, SE without Apple ID
Naturally, it is possible to change the account settings only if the information about the previous data has not been lost. In all other cases, you will have to reset the basic parameters of the smartphone or tablet to the factory settings, which is fraught with the complete loss of personal data. It is quite simple to insure yourself against such consequences, because you can always dump all information from Apple products to a PC or hard drive in time, using such a universal tool as iTunes.
As for the very algorithm of actions for resetting the settings, it is not difficult, assuming a transition to the settings menu, and then to the section “Password and Security”. For the reset itself, you will have to strain your brains and remember all the secret answers to questions, trusted phone numbers and mailboxes, as well as recovery keys that were specified by the user during registration.
It is also worth noting that you can implement your plan not only from this iPhone, but also from a device paired with it using the same Apple ID.
Things will be much more difficult if the user forgets all security questions at once, or loses access to synchronized devices operating from a shared account. Nevertheless, today even such problems are easily and quickly solved, albeit through the use of third-party software such as “Apple Support” and “Find iPhone“.
The first application is supported by Apple devices running iOS12 and later versions of the proprietary operating system. As for its use to reset user data, immediately after downloading the software from the AppStore to the gadget system, it is recommended to act in accordance with the following instructions:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Get support” section, which can be seen at the bottom of the device display.
- Next, from the entire list, select the tab “Apple ID” and “Forgot your password”.
- The next step involves clicking on the option “Another password”.
After going through the specified chain, you should reset the code, following the instructions, which may differ slightly depending on the type and model of the device. The Find iPhone program is no less effective in solving this problem, moreover, it is suitable not only for the 12th version of the operating system, but also for its earlier versions (and therefore for older devices), starting with the 9th Factory reset works in this application according to the following principle:
- Immediately after entering the software, you must make sure that the field is free of any characters. If this is not the case, then you will have to manually delete the entered data.
- Then click on the command “Forgot your ID or password?” and all the necessary reset manipulations are performed.
If the input screen remains inaccessible, then there is always the opportunity to exit and re-check the state of the field to enter the verification code. And if this time it is empty, then you can safely bring the started business to its logical conclusion.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password in 2021
Modern mobile devices have many levels of protection, which often make the system inaccessible not only for intruders and outsiders, but also for the owners themselves. The reason is trivial, because both old and young people can forget the entered password, especially if they are often changed to enhance the security of the gadget, which can be fraught with similar consequences. And everything would be fine, but only the number of attempts to enter the coveted cipher is limited, so you should never rush to try all possible combinations so as not to block the device.
How to solve the problem through iTunes if you forgot your password
ITunes is considered to be one of the most multifunctional devices for Apple, which helps to quickly and easily restore a locked iPhone. But it is enough just to enter the wrong code several times in a row or use the biometric scanner incorrectly for the phone to go out completely. Therefore, in such situations, it always makes sense in a PC with iTunes installed on it.
iPhone 5s. How to Reset Back to Factory Settings | H2TechVideos
At the same time, for the recovery itself through the application, the following step-by-step algorithm of actions is provided:
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the supplied cable.
- Try to force restart the gadget by quickly pressing the plus and minus of the volume control (relevant for models “8”, “8 Plus” and older). If you use earlier versions, such as “6s”, then it makes sense to simultaneously hold down two keys at once. “Home” and “Power / Volume”. But the activation of an extinct iPhone in almost all devices is carried out in the same way, or to be more precise, by pressing and holding the side controller for a long time.
- If the iPhone has been restored to its senses, then you should select the restore option and synchronize, along the way agreeing to save the previously made backup file copies in the device’s memory.
At the final stage, the phone is reconfigured, after which it will not hurt to write out the saved code and password in some notebook or diary, so that one not very fine day the user does not have to restore this data again.
Password recovery methods
It is worth noting that an almost identical method for recovering user information is provided when using the iCloud cloud storage service. But that’s not all, because there are a lot of life hacks for changing the password. And it is definitely worth taking a closer look at the following ones:
- Resetting the counter of incorrect password attempts.
- Using iPhone recovery mode, relevant only if the ID is known.
- Installing new firmware using a special DFU-mode, used when the previously performed manipulations were not effective enough.
It is noteworthy that all of these recovery tools are also based on iTunes, in most cases asking for an ID. But if the user cannot boast of such a privilege, and none of the methods works, then it is necessary to check all paired devices for logging into iCloud, and also exclude the presence of activated 2-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- Click on the “Forgot ID or Password” option, after going to the account page.
- Select the item “Reset password” and confirm it with the command “Continue”.
- Decide on the method of resetting data by choosing an answer to security questions or sending a confirmation to an email address.
It is also worth recalling that when requesting a recovery key, you will have to pass verification in two stages, entering not only the user-specified identifier, but also the requested key. Next, a trusted gadget is selected, the changes are confirmed using the link sent to the specified address, a reset is performed, and a new password is specified. Voila! iPhone is restored and ready for further use without the slightest threat to user security.
Perhaps the easiest and fastest way to reset is through the settings of the phone itself.
At the end of the window that opens, select the “Reset” button.
How to turn off Find My iPhone
The main tool for pairing iPhone with computer is iTunes. Naturally, a complete reset of content and settings can be easily performed using this program, but only if the iPhone was previously synchronized with it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. When the smartphone is identified by the program, at the top of the window, click on its thumbnail.
On the Overview tab on the right side of the window, there is a Restore iPhone button. Select her.
The following method of restoring a gadget via iTunes is suitable only if the gadget has already been paired with your computer and the program before. But in situations where recovery is required to be performed on someone else’s computer, for example, to remove the password from the phone, using the recovery mode is suitable.
- Unplug your phone completely and then connect it to your computer using the original USB cable. Launch iTunes. Until the phone will be detected by the program, since it is in an inactive state. It is at this moment that you will need to enter it into recovery mode in one of the ways, the choice of which depends on the gadget model:
- iPhone 6S and younger Simultaneously hold down two keys: “Home” and “Power”. Hold them until the phone screen turns on;
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Since this device does not have a physical Home button, it will enter recovery mode in a slightly different way. To do this, hold down the “Power” and volume down keys. Keep holding until the smartphone turns on.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. In the latest models of Apple devices, the principle of entering Recovery Mode has been quite changed. Now, to put your phone into recovery mode, press and release the volume up key once. Do the same with the volume down button. Hold down the power key and hold until the device turns on.
Factory reset iPhone
Hard resetting your device will erase all information previously contained on it, including settings and downloaded content. This will restore it to the state it was in after purchase. You can perform a reset in different ways, each of which will be discussed in detail below.
Note that you can only zero your device using the first three methods if the Find iPhone tool is disabled on the device. That is why, before we move on to the analysis of these methods, we will consider how the protective function is deactivated.
How to Hard Reset iPhone
And finally, a way to erase content and settings remotely. Unlike the previous three, this method can only be used if the Find iPhone feature is enabled on it. In addition, before proceeding with the procedure, be sure to make sure that the phone has access to the network.
Run any web browser on your computer and go to the iCloud service website. Log in using your Apple ID details. email and password.
Once signed in, open the Find My iPhone app.
For security purposes, the system will ask you to re-enter your Apple ID password.
The map will be displayed on the screen. After a moment, a mark will appear on it with the current location of your iPhone, Click on it to show an additional menu.
When a window appears in the upper right corner, select “Erase iPhone”.
Any of the above methods will completely delete all data on the phone, returning it to factory settings. If you have any difficulties when erasing information on an Apple gadget, ask your questions in the comments to the article.
How to Reset iPhone 8 to Factory Settings without Losing Data if Forgot Password
Usually, the iPhone owner is faced with the need to reset the iPhone X / 8/8 Plus to factory settings without losing data in several cases: if the phone stops working correctly, starts to glitch and lag, malfunctions appear regularly, or before selling and buying a new device. In some cases, the user forgot the password or entered it incorrectly several times in a row, which caused the device to be locked. Standard reset methods, for example, through iTunes, will not help here. The use of professional software is required. ReIBoot.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
If you forgot your password, you may not be able to reset iPhone 7 Plus / 7 / SE / 6 Plus / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 to factory settings using the usual method via iTunes / iCloud or via the Settings application on the device itself. And if Activation Lock is enabled, sooner or later you will need to enter a password or log in using the Touch ID fingerprint scanner.
The second problem is deleting all data after restoring iPhone to its original state after purchase. As you know, resetting iPhone 6 to factory settings will entail a complete wipe of all information from the device. Here, the solution may be to back up all data on the iPhone. then all data can be restored from the backup file. But all this is very long and difficult. The easiest way to use the Tenorshare ReiBoot program.
How to reset iPhone if you forgot your password?
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the detailed instructions on how to reset iPhone DO to factory settings without losing data if you forgot your password. Tenorshare ReiBoot utility will restore your phone and reset all settings without requiring you to enter a password, while retaining all data on the device. You don’t even need to back up everything on your phone, download Tenorshare ReiBoot from the official page (Mac and Windows versions available). Install the utility on your computer.
1.Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer with a USB cable. After that, launch the preinstalled Tenorshare ReiBoot program.
Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom. Click Fix Now. The program identifies your device and prompts you to install the current firmware version. Click “Download”.
When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
It will take about ten minutes for your iPhone to be restored. After that, it will be ready to go. Now you know how to reset iPhone DO to factory settings without losing data and if you forgot your password.
You can also use the advanced recovery mode, but this will completely clear all data on the device and reset all passwords.
Erase content and settings
Why do it: if you decide to sell or give your device to another person for use (do not forget to log out of your Apple ID account later).
iPhone 5S: How to Hard Reset and ERASE All Content
What will be erased: not only settings are deleted, but all user data as well. The device will be in an out-of-box state. There will be no traces of presence on it.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings?
Unfortunately, novice iPhone users do not always prudently approach downloading applications to their device. many, admiring the abundance of free software in the AppStore, install everything without thinking about the usefulness of the programs. It is the lack of free memory that is usually the reason why the iPhone starts to perform worse: for example, freezes or spontaneously reboots. If such “symptoms” appear, then it’s time to “clean” the device’s memory. you can do this by resetting the iPhone to factory settings.
Reset iPhone via “Settings
You can reset the settings on the iPhone without connecting the gadget to the computer at all. you need to proceed as follows:
Go to “Settings” and select the “General” section.
Scroll to the end and select the “Reset” subsection.
You will see that the device offers several reset options, including:
- Factory reset on iPhone. With such an operation, all personal information that the user stored on the gadget will remain in place. But, for example, alarms and settings of standard applications will be reset. This short-term operation (reset lasts no more than 1 minute) can help with intermittent iPhone freezes.
- Erase content and settings. This type of reset is useful when an Apple user wants to gift or sell a used iPhone. The buyer receives a completely “clean” gadget without traces of preliminary use. including de-authorization of the Apple ID. Such an operation is longer and takes about a couple of minutes (depending on how cluttered the memory is).
- Reset network settings. This operation helps if, after replacing the SIM, the gadget cannot find the network of the new service provider and access the Internet via 3G. Personal information will definitely not suffer from such a reset.
Before you reset your iPhone, pay attention to these “safety rules”:
- Before resetting (especially the second, longest type), recharge the gadget at least to 25-30%. If the iPhone “crashes” while erasing data, most likely, it will have to be restored via iTunes and a cable.
- Jailbroken iPhones (eg Pangu) will end up in “eternal apple mode” by erasing content. Again, you will need to restore via iTunes with the preliminary introduction of the gadget into DFU mode or Recovery Mode.
By restoring an iPhone, we mean downloading a clean firmware or a previously saved backup to your device. The backup can be stored on a computer with iTunes installed or in iCloud. Of course, the backup will not appear by itself and the recovery process can only be performed if there is one.
Completely reset the settings via Hard Reset
Reset via Hard Reset is needed in such a situation: the user has forgotten the security password and cannot deactivate Find iPhone. the enabled function, in turn, prevents restoring settings via iTunes in a softer way.
Such an operation is called “Hard” for a reason. a reset can lead to the fact that all personal data will be lost. Therefore, it is recommended to contact Hard Reset only after other options have already been tried and have not been crowned with success.
Recovery via Hard Reset is done as follows:
Connect the gadget to your PC and launch iTunes as usual.
Enter your smartphone into DFU mode in the following way: simultaneously hold down the Home button and the power button and count to 10. Then release the Power button and continue to hold Home until the characteristic connection sound in iTunes. After entering the gadget in DFU mode, it makes no sense to look at its screen. it will just be black, without icons and images.
Turn to iTunes, and you will see that the window has changed and there is only one button available. “Restore iPhone”. And you need to press it.
It will take a long time to wait until the initial settings are restored. about 10 minutes. When the reset is completed, the user will have to choose one of two options: reactivate the gadget or try to return the deleted data through a backup in iTunes. To implement the second option, go to the “Overview” section of the device and click the “Restore from a copy” button.
Next, in a special window, you need to select the copy that suits you best and click “Restore”.
Factory reset and hard reset Apple iPhone
Well, friends, it’s time to get rid of the contents of our iPhone. If earlier, using the instructions for beginners, we filled the phone with various information (games, music, photos, movies), now we will learn how to quickly get rid of all files and settings, returning the device to its original state. Today we will consider resetting all information Apple iPhone with iOS 7. But if you do not have a phone, but an iPod touch player or an iPad tablet computer, then you can also perform a full reset using the instructions below.
We will erase all information from the iPhone by means of the phone itself, namely the section. Reset. In addition to completely resetting information, we will consider other types of reset available in the settings of any iPhone, iPod or iPad, which are also useful. The method considered today is not the only one, just as quickly you can erase absolutely everything from the iPhone in another way. using the restore procedure in iTunes. There is also a third way. remote reset.
To be honest, today’s reset I am doing for you, our reader, a lot of information has accumulated in my iPhone, which I don’t want to delete at all. In general, I advise you to use a reset or a full reset:
- When your device is about to have a new owner
- After lots of experimentation and testing of thousands of applications
- Reset sometimes we help in case of iOS firmware crashes
Since I need my information, I will do the following before resetting:
Now I’m ready to perform a hard reset. Before we start, you need to know that immediately after the reset, we need a Wi-Fi access point or iTunes installed on the computer with Internet access. Although mobile internet will probably do too. Another very important feature for iPhone owners is that the phone must be officially unlocked. If you have a locked model, then do not reset. But iPad and iPod touch users have nothing to fear. here we go.
The first thing you need is a good level of charge of the battery, if you do not have 100% charge, then it is better to connect the iPhone to power.
We put it on charge, now go to the standard “Settings” application, select the “Basic” section. Scroll to the very bottom, there is the “Reset” section. Here we see the following types of reset:
- Reset all settings
- Erase content and settings
- Reset network settings
- Reset keyboard dictionary
- Reset Home Settings
- Reset location warnings
Let’s analyze the first three types of the most popular faults:
How to Factory Reset and Clean iPhone 5 / 5s Before Selling
The iPhone is a very powerful device, of course, but even it can be cluttered so much that it starts to freeze and slow down. Fortunately, the situation can be corrected if, as they say, “format” the i-smartphone. that is, erase all data from it.
However, do not be intimidated by such a drastic measure of restoring the high-quality operation of the iPhone, because no one bothers you to make a backup of information beforehand.
This article will show you how to reset iPhone 5, but the guides provided are relevant for any i-smartphone model. that is, say, you can also format the iPhone 5S using them.
Also in this material you will find brief instructions on how to create a backup of information. And we will also tell you about less radical ways to clear the memory of the device. it is quite possible that they will help you, and the answer to the question. how to make a full reset, you will not need.
About Hard Reset
Any modern smartphone has the ability to force reboot and reset to factory settings. This process is usually called Hard Reset. Some people think that this option is ideal for a factory reset on an iPhone.
Unfortunately, it is not. The thing is that “Hard Reset” for such gadgets is just a way to reboot the phone. And nothing more. The method does not allow you to quickly and easily reset the settings. However, it is important to know how to get the device working again if necessary. For example, if in the process of using one of the previously listed methods of resetting parameters, a hang occurs.
Hard Reset on iPhone is done in the following way:
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time.
- Release the specified combination after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
As a rule, this option helps to restart the phone, but it does not reset the settings. For other smartphones, using Hard Reset, it is proposed to “roll back” the operating system. This feature must be remembered by every user. Accordingly, “Hard Reset” will not help answer the question of how to reset all settings on “iPhone”.
How to factory reset via iPhone?
This method of resetting the iPhone is convenient because you do not need a PC or iTunes to implement it, everything is done through the smartphone itself:
- Opening “Settings” on iPhone.
- Select the item “Basic”, then find the section “Reset”, tap on it.
- We select the item “Erase content and settings”, windows will appear in front of you twice asking you to confirm your intentions (a serious question, so the system asks twice). press both times “Erase iPhone”.
That’s all. you just have to wait for the device to reset your iPhone. don’t worry if the process takes 15 minutes or more. It all depends on how loaded your device is.
On a note! If the “Find iPhone” option is activated on your device, you will need to enter your Apple ID password to confirm deletion.
Please note that in the “Reset” item, in addition to the “Erase content and settings” item, there are two more very interesting lines. “Reset all settings” and “Reset network settings”. The latter is very useful if you have network problems of one nature or another. iPhone keeps losing carrier signal or wifi? Can’t find your Bluetooth headset? Perhaps the matter is in incorrectly configured network parameters. reset the network settings and the situation will most likely return to normal.
As for resetting iPhone settings, this is also a very interesting measure for cleaning it, which helps with all kinds of problems. all content is saved with such a reset, and the settings are reset.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings and what will happen
Many iPhone owners are often interested in the question of how to correctly return the factory settings on the phone and what will happen if this is done. Naturally, if you did this by accident, then nothing good will happen, since you will lose all data.
However, information on how to reset iPhone DO to factory settings will be useful if your phone contains a lot of personal information, but you plan to give or sell it to someone in the near future. And why delete each photo or each file separately, if you can reset all information, thereby resetting the device to the factory settings.
How to back up
Before you reset all data on your iPhone 5 or later and erase settings, copy everything you need to your computer. This can be done using iTunes or iTools. In addition, you can create a backup in the cloud, this will be required if you have a configured iCloud account and the ability to connect your phone via Wi-Fi to the network.
There are many more detailed articles on the Internet on how to back up your data, which will be useful for those who are performing a factory reset for the first time.
How to Reset iPhone Settings Using iTunes
If you have a laptop or computer with iTunes installed, then this way you can also reset the settings. At the same time, this way you can update not only the iPhone, but also the iPad. And remember that if you reset, you will irrevocably lose all your personal data.
Be sure to make sure your iTunes version is up to date when getting started. You can download the latest version, if you don’t have one, on the official Apple website. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- back up your data via iTunes or iCloud;
- in the iCloud settings, you need to turn off the iPhone search functions;
- connect the phone with the original cable to your computer or laptop;
- iTunes is obliged to display the phone inside the program;
- select the required device and then the “Overview” tab, then click on the “Restore” button;
- after that, a confirmation request will be sent, to consent, press the button again;
- then the device will reboot and be ready for work again;
- go to the phone tab and click the “Restore iPhone” button;
- If the iPhone search function was enabled, iTunes will offer to disable it;
- in the iCloud settings, select disabling the device search (if you have not done this in advance) and refuse to select the backups saved before;
- the recovery procedure will start. It will clean the device and return it to factory settings.
When you have reset the settings and all data on the old phone, you need to transfer them to the new one. For this we use backups. which were created earlier. We created them on a computer, or in the cloud. The transfer procedure is similar to the process of restoring a phone from a backup.
Also remember that if the phone was previously jailbroken and you need to update the iOS version, then the only correct solution would be not just updating the device’s firmware, but restoring the iPhone. If you just want to update your phone, then it runs the risk of freezing in restart mode, and nothing good will happen here.
Erase settings on iPhone is required. when it is sold or donated, as well as when you have problems with its correct operation. This should not be done unnecessarily, because you risk losing important data.
The next tip only applies to browsers. Most often, the corresponding program refers to Safari. The thing is that before selling the phone, it is recommended to get rid of the data and settings in the browser.
It is proposed to do this using the standard capabilities of a mobile device. How can you reset iPhone settings without a browser password?
To do this, follow the instructions:
- Turn on and wait for iPhone / iPad to boot completely.
- Go to “Preferences”. “Safari”.
- Select the required functions there. For example, “Clear History” or “Add-ons”. “Site Data”. “Delete All”.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
In fact, everything is not as difficult as it seems. It is recommended to act in the same way when working with any browser on a smartphone. Only when you reset Safari data will basic settings remain intact.
For example, use a specialized application for a mobile device called iTunes. This program makes it much easier to work with a smartphone from Apple. The main thing is to know how to act in this or that case.
How do I reset my iPhone if I forgot my password? To do this, you must:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. It is important to ensure that it is compatible with the smartphone you are using.
- Turn on the iPhone and launch the corresponding application on the PC.
- Using a special wire, connect the gadget to the computer. Wait a while. the device will be detected in iTunes.
- Click in the program on the item “General”.
- Select “Restore iPhone” function.
- Confirm actions with Apple ID.
Now all that remains is to wait. After about 15-20 minutes, you can use a completely clean device. From now on, it is clear how you can reset iPhone settings to factory settings without a password.