What is the oleophobic coating afraid of?
The main enemy of the coating is friction. The gradual destruction of the layer occurs even with simple clicks on the display. However, the greatest harm is done precisely when you carry your smartphone in your or when it comes into contact with rough materials. Any solid objects, fabrics and surfaces will gradually destroy the oleophobic layer.
The layer wears off very quickly upon contact with solvents and products based on them. Liquids with a high percentage of alcohol can destroy the layer.
Abrasive cloths, coarse napkins and paper have a poor effect on the coating.
To preserve the oleophobic coating, it is better to wear your smartphone in a case that protects the display, wipe the screen only with a soft microfiber cloth, do not use solvent-based cleaners or with more than 60% alcohol. Do not wipe the screen with wet wipes, especially automobile.
How durable is such a coating
The oleophobic layer is applied by vapor deposition. Over time, this very thin layer wears off. Its service life depends on the intensity of use of the device and operating conditions.
On the first models of smartphones with an oleophobic coating, after a few months, there was a noticeable wiping of the layer in the place of the unlock slider. Some users noticed wiping areas in places of frequent pressing and swiping. Sometimes there was a noticeable loss of coverage in the place where the smartphone was in contact with the seam of jeans, a case or objects in a bag.
Today, all manufacturers have improved the oleophobic layer on the display, it is almost impossible to see its wiping and wear. The layer can wear out in 6-12 months.
Interesting: average repair for reference.
- replacement of the display from 3000 rubles.
- battery replacement from 2 200 rubles.
- replacement of the case from 5 900 rubles.
- speaker replacement from 2 200 rubles.
- replacement of the microphone from 1 800 rubles.
Oleophobic coating against protective films
Good protective films and glasses also have an oleophobic layer. You can check this even before gluing such protection. You can use plain water or a water-based marker for the test. The oleophobic coating will repel the layer applied by the marker and turn it into small droplets. The service center recommends choosing protection with an oleophobic layer.
Here is a comparison of two protective coatings with and without an oleophobic layer:
On the one hand, gluing the films allows you to “renew” the oleophobic coating, and on the other hand, when in contact with the adhesive base of protection, the native coating will be erased.
Of course, it all depends on the quality of the film or protective glass, but 3-4 procedures for gluing such protection can completely destroy the factory oleophobic layer of the iPhone.
Everything you need to know about the oleophobic coating on iPhone and iPad
Today you will not surprise anyone with the option “oleophobic display coating” in the description of a smartphone or tablet. We have long been accustomed to this term, however, not everyone knows its meaning, the properties of such a layer and its characteristics.
How to replace the native oleophobic coating
The most affordable option is a film or protective glass with an oleophobic layer. We check the presence of a repulsive coating before gluing, glue it carefully and get a few more months of good protection against fingerprints and dirt.
There are many products on the market that mimic the oleophobic coating on the display. They are sprayable and easy to apply. We do not recommend using such funds, their composition, as well as the possible consequences of use, are unknown.
In the vastness of the network, you can find folk methods for restoring the oleophobic coating:
For obvious reasons, you shouldn’t do this with your iPhone and iPad.
The best way to restore the oleophobic coating is to replace the display with a new original one. Of course, I do not suggest making expensive repairs just to restore the repulsive layer on the screen, but this fact can become an additional argument in favor of repair.
They will quickly and efficiently carry out such a procedure in the FruitFix service center at the address: Novy Arbat, 8, building 2. The guys take on work of any complexity and their are very pleasant. And they work around the clock
Why is it needed
The coating is not able to protect the display from scratches and damage. It only provides protection from dirt, dust and fingerprints. Coated display contamination is less frequent and easier to remove.
Oleophobic coatings from some electronics manufacturers can help prevent glare in the sun. Protection is not 100%, but more comfortable work outdoors with such a screen is guaranteed.
Is there such coverage on my device
My old iPad with no coverage for a long time
It is very easy to check for the presence of an oleophobic coating. To do this, just drop a drop of water onto the display with a pipette. After that, you need to tilt the device slightly so that the drop rolls down the screen.
If water leaves a trail, wetting the screen, then there is no coating on the device.
Here is a visual comparison of screens with and without oleophobic coating:
The coating may wear off unevenly, this will be noticeable by the behavior of the drop in different places of the display.
What is oleophobic coating
For the first time such a coating was developed and patented in Germany in 2005. Apple began to use an upgraded oleophobic coating in its products starting with the iPhone 3GS. A year after the release of this smartphone, the idea was taken up by other manufacturers of equipment.
Today, most smartphones and tablets in the mid-price segment and above have an oleophobic coating. Even if you replace the iPhone and iPad display, a smart service center will install a screen with an oleophobic coating.
What screen protectors are popular on iPhone 11?
3D. With the help of such glass, not only smartphones are protected, but also household appliances. Its distinctive feature is rounded edges, thanks to which the gadget becomes more voluminous. The accessory is highly durable, protects well from impacts.
Glossy. A similar protective glass on the iPhone 11 is popular. It can be installed on any surface. It is worth noting that noticeable fingerprints remain on the accessory.
Matovykh. The glass allows you to comfortably use the gadget in the bright light of the sun. It should be borne in mind that this will increase the graininess, the picture will look darker.
Anti-glare. The protective glass on iPhone 11 is very transparent. When using it, there is no display of glare and stray light. As a result, the screen is protected not only from falling, but also from the sun’s rays. Dirt is easily removed from the surface. The image is contrasting.
Oleophobic. Thanks to a special coating, grease and dirt are not retained on the surface. As a result, no prints remain.
iPhone 11 Pro Max. Do You Need A Screen Protector?
If desired, you can stick a special film that does not allow strangers to see the image on the display. At the same time, the user sees everything perfectly.
Protective glass for iPhone 11. maximum comfort
The iPhone 11 features a 6.1-inch display that surrounds a bezel. The main changes were made to the rear side, which is equipped with a new protruding camera block with two lenses, a microphone and a flash. The frame is made of aluminum, it has the same color as the body. The model is presented in six colors.
The operative memory of the device is 4 GB, the built-in memory is 64, 128, 256 GB. Please note that expansion with memory cards is not available. The gadget uses a Liquid Retina HD matrix and an IPS display. Despite the fact that shock-resistant glass is used for the manufacture of the panel, when the smartphone falls, the screen breaks. To prevent such a nuisance, you should use the protective glass on the iPhone 11.
IPhone 11 Screen Protectors
Buy Soneex protective glass for iPhone 11 / XR ️ Delivery ✈️ Call (066) 69-269-36. WarrantyBuy in Kiev and UkraineBest price!
Buy Soneex Anti-Peep protective glass for iPhone 11 / XR ️ Delivery ✈️ Call (066) 69-269-36. WarrantyBuy in Kiev and UkraineBest price!
Buy Protective glass Baseus 3D Arc-surface Black for iPhone 11 / XR ️ Delivery ✈️ Call (066) 69-269-36. WarrantyBuy in Kiev and UkraineBest price!
Buy Soneex Matte protective glass for iPhone 11 / XR ️ Delivery ✈️ Call (066) 69-269-36. WarrantyBuy in Kiev and UkraineBest price!
Protective glass ZK Privacy for iPhone 11 / XR iCases Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
Protective glass ZK Full Glass for iPhone 11 / XR iCases Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
ESR 3D Full Coverage Tempered Glass Black for iPhone 11 / XR iCases Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
Protective glass Spigen Screen Protector Glass Full Cover for iPhone 11 / XR iCases Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
Protective glass Spigen GLAS.tR for iPhone 11 / XR (2 glasses frame for gluing) Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
Protective glass Spigen GLAS.tR SLIM HD for iPhone 11 / XR Delivery ✈ Call ☎ (066) 69-269-36. Warranty! Buy in Kiev and Ukraine! Best price!
IPhone 11 protective glass. what to consider when choosing?
The most important thing is to choose the right glass size. The flexible film can be trimmed if necessary, but the durable protective glass on iPhone 11 cannot. Make sure that all holes and cutouts are in place. Information about the iPhone model for which the accessory is intended is always indicated on the packaging.
Pay attention to the thickness. The higher this figure, the more the image on the display can be distorted. Quality glasses have a hardness index of 9H. It should be noted that the cost of a protective accessory depends on many parameters, for example, the presence of an oleophobic coating. Thanks to it, the smartphone will always look clean, fingerprints will not be visible on it. IPhone 11 repair is quite expensive, so it is much easier to purchase protective glass and a high-quality case to protect it.
IPhone XR Screen Protectors
The screen is the most fragile part of a mobile device, even a slight damage to which negatively affects the functionality and comfort of working with it. Accordingly, any modern device needs additional protection for the front panel. The 5D glass for iPhone XR is specially made for Apple smartphones. Made of hardened polymer, protects an expensive gadget from dust, water, chips, cracks that are possible when hitting tiles, sidewalk, hard surfaces.
Benefits of armored protection
The surface is covered with a special oleophobic coating that protects the phone from fingerprints, dirt and stains. For the iPhone XR, glass to the screen is a number of undeniable advantages:
- The strap fits snugly to the display without clinging to the case, the wearer’s hands, or other objects during use
- Fully matches the size of the phone, does not require fitting, trimming;
- “Reservation” does not distort images, is transparent, does not change shades, sensitivity, light transmission, is not noticeable to prying eyes;
- The element is strong enough, its price is slightly higher than the usual film;
- The product is very easy to install without the help of professionals, if necessary, it can be quickly removed without traces, stains, streaks.
Features of production
3D glass for iPhone XR is made of high quality material. quartz sand. The production process is quite simple:
- During processing, the product is saturated with sodium or lithium ions, which strengthen the crystal lattice.
- The 3D film is placed in an ion-exchange liquid, with a large m of potassium atoms, due to which the tension increases, the strength increases.
- At the end of processing, the finished product acquires the necessary stability and reliably protects the fragile display from mechanical stress, sharp corners.
IPhone XR glass: surface highlights
The most popular accessory is a glossy “armor” that does not refract or absorb the sun’s rays. It retains the saturation, purity of pictures, but it can create small glare when the ultraviolet light falls directly on the mobile phone.
When using the device constantly outdoors, it is better to choose protectors with a matte finish. They keep the picture clear no matter the conditions, but add some graininess.
- Repel moisture, oily substances;
- Prevent the appearance of prints, streaks;
- No need to constantly use cleaning products, wipes.
Regardless of technical qualities, armored glass for iPhone XR will help prevent damage to an expensive mobile phone when dropped, sudden impacts.
What glasses are suitable for the iPhone 11?
Description 6.1 ″ LuxCase protective glass for the Apple iPhone XR / 11 smartphone. Protective glass LuxCase for the smartphone Apple iPhone XR is ideal for the “apple” device in the red case, since the presented model has a thin frame made in the same color.
Who makes glass for the iPhone?
The Russian company Monocrystal is a supplier to Apple, Lenta reports. ru with a link to DigiTimes. The company makes 2-inch sapphire glasses for the Apple Watch. The Monocrystal company has been operating for 25 years and in 2013 occupied 25% of the world sapphire market.
Which company is better than protective glass?
Rating of the best manufacturers of protective glass for smartphonesreplaceManufacturer rating1Mocolo5.02Nillkin4.93Baseus4.84ONEXT4.74 more lines
What is the best protective glass for iPhone 7?
In order to make the right choice of the best protective glass on the iPhone 7, you should first familiarize yourself with all the variety. First of all, all protective coatings are divided into two broad categories. tempered glass and film. The best glass for iPhone 7
Which protective glass on the iPhone to choose?
3D glasses 3D glasses are the best option on the iPhone 11 because they cover the entire display and its edges. It is recommended to clarify compatibility with covers.
How often should the protective glass be changed??
It is best to change the film once every 6 months.
Do you need a protective glass on the iPhone 8 plus?
Turn the phone in your hands
Take the phone in your hands and, holding it horizontally with the screen down, slowly lower it to the table surface. The likelihood that he will fall flat is negligible. Near the table, tilt it at least a degree and it becomes clear that naturally the blow falls on some edge. But pay attention, if the protective glass is glued on, if it falls almost flat, the impact will be on its edge, and not on the edge of the screen. Continue to lift one edge of the phone and it will become clear that the angle (and hence the probability) at which the phone no longer touches the protective glass and has not yet touched the case (cover) is not so great. When they show you a broken screen and say that the phone always falls at an angle and the glass will not protect it, it is impressive. In fact, the likelihood that the phone will fall at an angle of exactly 45 degrees is small, and a suitable glass and case will provide additional protection in this case.
Does protective glass help
- Protective glass will protect your smartphone screen from scratches. Modern glasses, including Gorilla Glass, do not protect against scratches left by grains of sand or pebbles of jewelry.
- The protective glass will protect the screen from scuffs. After a year and a half, an olephobic coating is scrubbed on the native glass and slight irregularities of reflection will become visible.
- Glass will increase the chances of keeping the screen in the fall. Imagine even two ordinary non-tempered glass (window mirror). If a pebble falls into such a sandwich or it falls, the impact energy is absorbed and absorbed by the first layer. Naturally, if the blow is too strong, the second layer can be damaged. You can, in principle, turn the phone around, and here it is clearly impossible to say that the protective glass does not help. It is only a plus by absorbing and distributing impact energy.
- Glass increases bending strength. Man bought an iPhone. He puts it in his back. jumps into the car, suddenly hears a crunch from behind:. Bl at least the spine An additional layer of material gives additional rigidity. Naturally, there is not much of it from thin glass.
- The myth is that glass does not protect the edges. Good glass protects the entire screen. Good glasses and a cover sit together so that the original glass is completely closed or the gap is so small that they will be hit.
- The myth that a phone always falls to the corner of the screen where it is not protected by glass is a misconception that glass and screens are usually shattered at the edges. But this does not mean that the glass does not protect. The phone falls as needed. At the edges there are no special centers of gravity forcing you to get hit exactly in the butt. Plus a short flight time and arbitrary initial spin makes it impossible to predict the point of impact. Turn the phone in your hands and make sure that when you fall, the impact does not always fall on the glass.
- The myth that a phone’s screen protector cracks on its own; glass cracks if it is damaged, for example, by keys or by bending in a jeans This causes the smallest chipping of the edges, the release of internal stress and the appearance of cracks.
- Glass degrades the properties of the screen. The glass does not affect the images and the operation of the sensor, unless it is outright trash. If the glass is without cutouts for sensors and a camera, there is a problem with the proximity sensor. You need to choose the right glass for your device or glue it smoothly. It is extremely useful to find the theme of your phone on w3bsit3-dns.com and in the accessories section to see which glasses have no problems.
- The myth that glass and case hide the screen. Smartphone screens have become curved, but software makers do not place anything of value near the edges. Text or elements placed back to back do not look nice. Take a phone with glued glass and you will make sure that nothing is hidden. The curved luminous part is a design element and more on that below.
Do I need a protective glass on an iPhone and other phone
Let’s take a closer look at whether you need to glue the protective glass on smartphones.
Opponents of glass stickers emotionally say that modern glass does not need protection. Supporters of protective glasses show broken ones and say that only thanks to them the phone screen remained intact.
glass and case protecting the screen
We analyzed this information, added it to our personal experience of using glass and our own knowledge. We present you a “definite” answer whether you need a protective glass on your phone.
You need protective glass if:
- You are in the habit of treating things so that they look like new or you intend to sell the phone in the future.
- If the phone is in an unfavorable environment. dust or dirt (for example, working at a construction site).
- You are a lover of outdoor activities.
- You value your phone more for functionality and less for design.
- You drop your phone.
- The cost of the phone and repair to replace the screen is significant for you.
You don’t need protective glass if:
- Buying a new phone for you is an ordinary purchase.
- You change your phone after 1. 1.5 years.
- Design, such as a perfectly rounded screen or minimal thickness, is just as important to you as functionality.
- Other points do not apply when protective glass is required.
Thus, protective glass is not a panacea. It does not give the WOW effect, but it definitely increases the resistance of the native glass.
Do I need to glue the protective glass or film on the phone?
If you have noticed, now almost everyone is the first to stick a protective film or glass on their smartphone. But how important this accessory is for a modern device, because manufacturers assure us that smartphone displays are now protected as never before.
We all know that there are Gorilla Glass, which is incredibly durable and the Internet is full of videos where they are tested trying to break with a hammer or throw smartphones from a height on the asphalt. So maybe additional accessories are not a concern for the safety of your device, but another attempt to pump money out of consumers’ s? Let’s figure this out.
Why glue protective glass or film
The protective film is a thin polymer coating with a silicone layer applied, which acts as an adhesive base. Without experience, it is quite difficult to install a protective film, since you need to simultaneously orient it on the display surface and observe so that dust does not get between the film and the screen.
The film is primarily intended to protect the screen from scratches and minor damages. If the smartphone falls down with the screen down, the film will most likely not help.
And so, to summarize: the film protects against minor scratches, glass from more serious damage. But, besides this, there are a few more nuances when choosing between them.
What to choose: glass or film
From my own experience, I will say that glass is preferable to film, since it protects the display better. In addition, the glass is easier to install and lasts much longer.
But, if you own a phone with rounded edges, you may have already encountered the problem that the glass does not stick around the edges and an ugly white stripe forms.
If you have an iPhone, then everything is simple. buy glass on aliexpress 5D and enjoy life. For owners of other brands, they also came up with similar glasses, but they are only glued not over the entire surface, but only along the edges. Therefore, such glass holds very poorly and with any awkward movement it will most likely fall off.
In this case, you can use a silicone protective film, which, due to its plasticity, perfectly covers displays even with very rounded screen edges, such as in the Galaxy S8 / S9 smartphones. But it is not possible to find such films for every model. Here the same aliexpress will come to the rescue.
The hardness of the films, depending on the composition and production technology, barely reaches 5 points. Therefore, they are easy to scratch even when touched with a fingernail.
While glasses have a hardness of 5 to 8 units. Some species cannot be scratched even “on purpose” because their surface is well protected even from steel.
Which is better glass or film
Both tempered glasses and films have their pros and cons, which do not allow to draw unambiguous conclusions.
After installation, the film after a few months becomes not the same as it was: scratches, scuffs are visible on it, the corners begin to exfoliate.
Does the protective glass affect the operation of the sensor
The fact that protective glass makes it difficult for the user to work with it is a myth. Exceptions are accessories that are not coated with an oleophobic coating. Then there will be fingerprints and various debris on the screen. And the sensor itself will not listen to you well.
Also, the sensor will not respond well to user requests if the glass is not glued correctly or you have chosen a model for another phone. In this case, you need to take the gadget to the salon, where they will pick up a reliable protective accessory for you and stick it there without any problems.
Does a smartphone really need a protective glass
There are a lot of modern smartphone models, each has its own protective glass. And very often, when buying a new phone, we do not even think about whether the smartphone really needs it at all, or can we limit ourselves to just a film.
Glass is much harder than film, so it has less shock absorption properties. On impact, the film is able to bend, absorb, so it absorbs energy. And glass cannot do that, so there are two possible options:
- In a collision, it will break, taking on all the energy.
- The glass will remain intact, but the display will be severely damaged.
In order not to face the second option. choose a protective accessory not harder than the native phone screen.
Because of the film or glass, it is often necessary to increase the brightness on the device, as a result of which the battery is consumed much faster. But modern manufacturers still found a way out. almost all glasses and films have a transparency of 100%.
Is the protective glass able to protect
It usually has several times more layers than a traditional protective film because it is chemically treated when it is created. The most common tempered glass thickness:
- 0.26 mm;
- 0.33 mm;
- 0.5 mm.
Its hardness reaches 9 N, that is, 3-4 times more than the hardness of the film.
Advertising banners often feature photos where protective glass saves the phone from being hit by something large and heavy, but this is not always the case. The accessory only takes care of: scratches, light bumps, accidental drops of the phone, and even then not always.
- Silicone base that fixes it to the display.
- Containment layer.
- Anti-glare layer. prevents the screen from darkening in bright light.
- Protective layer. prevents damage to the screen.
- Oleophobic coating. repels moisture and grease from the screen.
Glass is not as strong an assistant in case of damage to the screen as it seems, but it will take the very first and strongest blows.
To properly install the protective glass, you must:
- Wipe the device with a special cloth.
- Carefully apply the glass to the faceplate of the smartphone.
- Get rid of all bubbles and other stuff by smoothing the glass.
Sticking protective glass
Statistics show that 80% of calls to our service center are related to mechanical damage to the display. The new iPhone 11 and its top-end versions released in 2019 have not yet received a “bullet-proof” case. And if the back panel can be protected by wearing a protective case on the iPhone, then with the display everything is not so simple.
All you need to know when choosing a protective glass
Three types can be found on the market:
- 2D. the edges are even, not reaching the edge of the display by about 1 millimeter.
- 2,5D. an accessory with a slight rounding at the edges. Good on-screen display with sloping edges.
- 3D. these devices are designed for smartphones, where the edges of the display are rounded to the back cover.
The iPhone uses 9D glass. They cover the entire surface of the display, provide reliable protection and a high hardness of 9H. Suitable for frameless models of recent years. It is important to select an accessory for a specific version. One of the key indicators is hardness. It characterizes the thickness of the protection and the resistance to scratches and abrasions. Hardness is determined by the index H (hardness), the larger the number next to the letter “H”, the higher the hardness.
Why do you need protective glass
With the advent of the first smartphone, there was a question of protecting the front surface. Probably no gadget falls as often as a smartphone. Since 50% of the device is occupied by the screen, it is he who is most often damaged. Damage ranges from broken glass, faulty touchscreen to display module failure. From iPhone 4 to 11 Pro Max, the display module is a one-piece piece. Therefore, if the glass is damaged, the procedure for replacing it will cost much more than the usual protective 3D. over, screen replacement in smartphones of all brands is the most expensive type of repair. The original part is usually half the price of the phone.
Screen protectors are more or less successful with protective glasses. Experts unanimously claim that they do not give 100% probability, nevertheless, they still recommend installing protection on the screen immediately after purchase.
How the iPhone protective glass is glued
Before describing the step-by-step instructions, we emphasize once again that you should not save on screen protection. Replacing the display on a new iPhone will cost no less than 700. The cost of the most expensive glass, together with work, will cost no more than 100.
In the AppleLab service center, the whole procedure takes no more than 10 minutes. If you decide to stick the protection yourself, then it will take a little more time. It is important to prepare the place where the procedure will take place. The smallest speck of dust will cause the glass to be damaged and the expected effect will not be achieved.
- Thoroughly clean the screen surface from dirt, streaks and stains.
- Trying on protection for the screen. We center it so that all the holes coincide clearly along the contour. Now, using the strips of tape that usually come in the kit, we fix the protection in the selected position, with one end we glue to the glass with the other to the back cover of the phone. The resulting protection-smartphone design should look like a little book.
- Now we degrease the surface of the screen. For this, a special napkin is included with the glass. Or you can use a window cleaner.
- Wipe the screen surface dry with the second cloth from the kit or a piece of microfiber.
- Additionally, we clean the display with a sticker that is also included in the kit. She will take over all the remaining dust and lint.
- Next, remove the sticky layer from the Protective Glass and gently, holding the edges, stick it on the display. Thanks to fixation on one side, the glass should lie flat, as it was planned.
- Now you need to carefully smooth the surface so that all air bubbles come out with a napkin or bank card.
Screen protection myths
To dispel all prejudices, you need to understand what to expect and what screen protection does not cope with.
- Protective glasses protect the smartphone screen from scratches and abrasions. This is especially true for those who keep the phone in a protective bumper.
- Glass protects against frontal impacts. If the phone is dropped flat, the protected screen will survive. If it hits the butt, even the most expensive glass will not help.
- No matter how high-quality and durable glass is, it lives up to the first “good” fall.
Where to glue the protective glass on the iPhone
The gluing procedure is not complicated, but it requires high accuracy and care. If you haven’t tried glueing glass on your old phones, you definitely shouldn’t learn on the new iPhone. Come to AppleLab branches in Kiev, Kharkov or Dnipro and get neatly glued glass in 10 minutes.
What is the difference between protective glass for 2000 and glass for 100 rubles?
The fact that the iPhone display needs constant reliable protection will not be denied by any user, especially the owners of expensive models of the latest generations. Protective glass will help to extend the quality of the iPhone, maintain its attractiveness without losing functionality.
The touchscreen is the part of the iPhone that the user uses the most. Well-chosen high-quality glass will protect the owner from the need to change the screen after falls, bumps and other troubles, save money and nerves.
iPhone 11 : How To Install Glass Screen Protector
At Repair My Apple you can choose your version of the protective glass from a wide range of available models. Our experts will give detailed advice on the quality characteristics of protective accessories, stick protective glass on the screen.
Many people understand what a protective glass is. Tempered glass is additionally processed with special reagents. Good safety glass has 5 layers, each of which has its own purpose:
- Silicone base provides secure adhesion of glass and display.
- The restraining layer does not allow the glass to crumble into small particles, thanks to it cracks stop growing.
- Anti-glare layer keeps the screen brightness, picture clarity.
- Protective provides additional protection against chips, scratches, abrasions.
- Oleophobic layer protects the iPhone surface from moisture and grease, preventing fingerprints, helps to easily clean the coating from possible dirt.
Choosing a protective glass, each user is guided by their priorities, but there are basic rules that should not be neglected.
What you should pay attention to:
The most important rule: the glass must be made specifically for your iPhone model, it must fit exactly in size, all functional holes must match perfectly!
Compliance with this rule will guarantee that you will reliably protect the screen from damage without disrupting the functionality of the iPhone: the sound will be of high quality, the flash and the camera will work without interference and defects, the Home button is free.
On the packaging, a bona fide manufacturer indicates the strength of the glass, other characteristics.
When choosing the thickness of the glass, consider the conditions in which you will use the iPhone. Extremists should choose high-level protection.
The strength of the protective glass is the most important indicator. The durable glass protector has a hardness level of 8-9H. Such parameters make it possible to resist not only scratches, but also impacts. Durable glass will become a reliable screen protector when it comes into contact with hard dangerous objects. a knife, keys, metal clips, etc. If you also protect the iPhone case with a silicone or other case, you can safely throw your smartphone into your bag. it will be safe! (Of course, you shouldn’t overuse and arrange strength tests!)
Glass thickness is another characteristic of this coating. Do not think that the thicker, the better and more reliable. It is important to strike a balance between flexibility and protection. In addition, the thickness does not affect the resistance to scratches and fingerprints.
Modern protective glasses have another characteristic. the processing of ends and bevels can have 2D, 3D parameters, due to which the transition from glass to screen becomes soft, invisible either to the touch or visually. Additional hardening increases strength.
The oleophobic coating, as already noted, allows the glass to remain clean, without fingerprints, water drops and other contaminants, as the special composition repels moisture and grease. Maintenance of such a surface requires minimal.
It is important not only to purchase high-quality glass, but also to glue it securely and carefully: symmetrically, without bubbles and gaps. Of course, there are no special wisdom in this, but specialists will do it quickly and professionally.