How to Delete Contacts from iPhone and iPad?
First of all, a person must understand how the contact is removed from the device. If you delete a contact from your iPhone or iPad device, the deletion also occurs in the cloud. It is for this reason that many experts advise not to delete contacts one by one.
In order to perform this procedure correctly, you must delete the contact, but this must be done so that it remains in iCloud. To complete this task you will need:
- Enter Apple ID section.
- After that, you need to click on the “Exit” button located at the very bottom.
- Then you should select the desired exit option.
- After the system asks about what to do with the contacts, you must select the “Delete” item.
- Thus, we delete the contact, but leave it in iCloud.
Is it possible to recover contacts deleted from iCloud?
You can restore such contacts. A whole month is given for this. However, not everything is so rosy and simple. Often, some contacts are not restored. It is for this reason that it is worth using the instructions for deleting contacts, which were presented above.
Among other things, it is worth understanding the fact that you will not be able to restore one contact at a time. Even contacting support, often, cannot solve this problem.
If there is such a possibility, then follow all the steps according to the instructions, and then you will not have any problems with restoring contacts on iPhone and iPad. Be vigilant and keep a close eye on what you are doing on Apple devices.
In both cases, the original user’s account may be subject to changes by third parties. In parallel, this will lead to an update of data in iCloud. For example, when you delete numbers from your phone while the Internet is on, the “Contacts” item in the cloud is automatically updated synchronously.
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone via iCloud Backup
Before you restore contacts from iPhone using iCloud directly, you should know that your iPhone will be reset to factory settings at the same time. And there is nothing left on your iPhone except the iCloud backup file. If you just want to restore contacts to a new iPhone, everything will be fine. Otherwise, you will lose other iPhone files. But don’t worry about it, iPhone Data Recovery has made it easy to recover iPhone contacts with iCloud backup, so you can get back deleted contacts safely and selectively.
You can restore an earlier version of contacts and contact groups from an archive that is automatically created in iCloud.
In the Settings app on iCloud.com, click Restore Contacts in the Advanced section.
A list of available versions will be displayed, sorted by archive date and time.
To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
Several versions can be displayed at the same time. Scroll through the list to see all items.
Note. Don’t edit contacts until iCloud finishes restoring them. Changes made during restore are not saved.
The recovered contacts and contact groups will appear on all your devices configured to work with the iCloud Contacts app.
If you change your mind, you can restore previously used contacts. To restore the latest available version, just follow the steps above.
Recover Safari Bookmarks and Reading List
In the Settings app on iCloud.com, select Restore Bookmarks under Advanced.
Available bookmarks can be sorted by deletion date, name or folder.
To the right of the version you want to restore, click Restore.
Several versions can be displayed at the same time. Scroll through the list to see all items.
Note. Don’t edit Safari bookmarks and Reading List until iCloud finishes restoring them. Changes made during restore are not saved.
If you change your mind, you can restore your previously used Safari bookmarks and Reading List. To restore the latest available version, just follow the steps above.
iPhone Contacts Disappeared? Here’s the Fix! (iOS 14 Included)
How to Recover Contacts on iPhone X / 8/7/6/5/4
Posted by George Connor November 29, 2018 10:30
Lost all iPhone contacts due to iOS 11 update? Delete contacts accidentally without backup? iPhone contacts just disappear without knowing why? It’s a nightmare if those iPhone contacts mean a lot to you. To restore contacts on iPhone safely, you can use Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recovery to get back deleted or lost iPhone contacts using 3 methods. It doesn’t matter if you have backed up your contacts or not. And you won’t lose other iOS data when recovering contacts on iPhone.
Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recovery. Recover iPhone Contacts Easily and Professional
- Recover Contacts and Other iOS Data from iPhone without Backup
- Safely Recover Deleted iPhone Contacts from iTunes Backup
- Download and restore contacts from iCloud backup selectively
- Preview backup files of contacts before restoring
- Fully supports iPhone X / 8 (Plus) / 7 (Plus) / 6s (Plus) / 6 (Plus) / 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4 / 3GS
This means you can restore contacts on iPhone after deleting. And even if your iPhone is disabled due to a factory restore or other physical damage, it is still easy to recover contacts from a broken iPhone.
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone Directly
- How to Recover iPhone Contacts via iTunes Backup
- How to Recover Contacts on iPhone via iCloud Backup
Best practices for saving contacts to iPhone
By observing a number of rules, you can protect yourself from unwanted loss of contact numbers from the iPhone:
- Activate saving data from iCloud.
- Use only one service for synchronization.
- Pre-exiting from virtual cloud storage before deleting unnecessary contacts from iPhone.
- Don’t share your Apple ID with others.
ATTENTION. Never delete contacts from the Phone app on iPhone while signed in to iCloud.
Some (or all) contacts disappeared after actions with a Gmail account or another service
Why did it happen. Another common problem is when the user activates the synchronization of the contact list not only with iCloud, but also with other services (usually Gmail). This creates confusion. some of the contacts are saved in iCloud, and the other part, for example, in Gmail.
You can check for double sync by going to Settings → Passwords & Accounts. Here, select the account you need and make sure that the switch opposite the Contacts item is in the inactive position.
If synchronizing contacts via Gmail or another service is preferable (not recommended), then you should check the box next to the corresponding item in the Settings → Contacts → Accounts menu. default entries.
Contacts disappeared after flashing (restoring software), factory reset, or iPhone repair
If the subsequent entry of the Apple ID in the iCloud section does not download contacts, then it will be impossible to restore them.
Why did it happen. Contacts were entered manually without syncing with iCloud. If synchronization with iCloud is not performed, then after reflashing the iPhone through recovery or in the event of a device breakdown, all contacts will be irretrievably lost.
Lost contacts on iPhone: main reasons and how to recover
Each of us remembers the times when the theft or loss of a mobile phone created many problems, one of which was the restoration of the list of important contacts. Many even got special notebooks and transferred numbers onto paper by hand. Today, the synchronization of the contact list in smartphones of any manufacturer is performed automatically, but some users still manage to clean the address book without the possibility of recovery.
How to check if there are contacts in iCloud without iPhone?
It’s very simple to do this. open icloud.com on any computer, enter your Apple ID account information and go to the Contacts web application.
In the browser version of the iCloud service, you can edit the address book, import and export contacts, restore saved archive copies.
Where phone numbers are transferred from the phone
If not all contacts are displayed on iPhone, chances are the owner accidentally deleted some of them. Also, data can be completely erased. If this happens, you should find out where you can find mobile phones in order to return them to the gadget. Even when the client does not have a smartphone, he can check the availability of information through the Icloud service. The procedure is performed according to the following instructions:
- a browser opens on the computer;
- the name of the icloud.com website is entered in the address bar;
- now the client must authorize in the profile;
- the first line contains the postal address of the account;
- then the account access code is written;
- when the main page opens, the owner selects the “Contacts” item;
- if the client has regularly backed up, the address book will be displayed on the computer;
- you should see if all the numbers in it are saved.
With the help of this site, the owner of the cell can recover the information or export it to the iPhone. If all the necessary parameters are in the cloud, you can proceed with the recovery procedure.
Lost contacts on iPhone: what to do and how to recover
A large amount of personal information is stored on a smartphone. To call friends and colleagues, you need to write down the phone number in your address book. But sometimes the owners are faced with the situation that contacts on the iPhone have disappeared. You need to find out what to do in this case and whether you can solve the problem yourself.
What to do if the stored numbers are not displayed on the device
If the user has already figured out why the saved contacts are not displayed on the iPhone, he should proceed with the procedure for restoring this data. Phones cannot be completely lost, they are stored in the cloud service. With it, you can return data to your cell phone. The procedure is performed according to the following instructions:
- a browser opens on a stationary PC;
- the name of the iCloud.com website is entered in the address bar;
- when the transition is made, you need to go through the authorization procedure in the system;
- first, the client specifies the mailing address of his account;
- then a code is entered for authorization in the service;
- when the application is launched, the “Settings” item is selected in the list;
- if you scroll down the page, you can see the “Restore contacts” section;
- as soon as the user clicks on this button, a new subsection will open for him;
- in the list, select the sub-item “Select the archive of contacts to restore”;
- after that, the copy is selected in which the data has not yet been erased, and the “Restore” key is pressed;
- to start the restoration, press the button “Confirm”.
- The address book will be restored as it was previously copied. If the user has added new contacts since the copy was made, they will not be present in the phone. In this case, the user will have to add some phones separately.
For what reasons cell may disappear
Before you know what to do if contacts disappeared on the iPhone, it is worth talking about the reasons for their disappearance from the phone. On iPhone, data may stop displaying in the following cases:
- The deletion happened by accident. The numbers can disappear from the book if the user accidentally pressed the parameter delete key. While navigating your smartphone, you may accidentally tap the wrong item. In this case, not one phone can be deleted, but the whole book.
- An error has occurred in your Apple ID profile. The smartphone will not display information if the software crashed due to malware. Also, the account can be damaged by hackers who are trying to gain access to it. In this case, the data will be lost forever.
- Synchronization failed. When a client deletes or edits information in the cloud, the connection back process can begin. In this case, the phones will disappear from Icloud, and they will also disappear from the device.
- The binding to the stationary PC is not correct. When the owner first connects the smartphone to the computer, the gadget starts automatic syncing with iTunes. If the process fails, you may lose all information from iPhone.
Data can fly off at any time, even after a software update. For this reason, the user must know how to return the cell phone to the smartphone.
How to restore lost settings
When the saved contacts are not displayed on the iPhone, the user can return them using the iCloud cloud service. For this method to be available, you must have backups saved in the Cloud. In order for the phone to show the numbers again, you need to perform a number of such actions:
- you are logged into the main page of the icloud.com website;
- then the user must log in to the system;
- the postal address and access code to the profile are indicated;
- on the screen on the left in the corner, you should find a gear-shaped icon, it is located below;
- the item “Show action menu” is selected from the list;
- then you need to select the section “Export vCard”;
- as soon as the client clicks on the item, you must select “email”.
When the owner selects this option, they will need to enter the email address where the information will be sent. The system will automatically create a separate file with numbers. After that, the letter is opened on a smartphone and the data is saved. The gadget should be updated, the numbers should be shown again after the update.
You can also deactivate the data in the iCloud service, and then turn it on again. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- a section with settings opens on the smartphone;
- then the item “Aykloud” is selected;
- next to the inscription “Contacts” there is a toggle switch, it is moved to the inactive position;
- now you need to restart your smartphone;
- to do this, press the “Home” button and lower the sound level at the same time.
When the reboot action is completed, you should activate the partition again and check for the presence of data in the address book. If this method does not help to solve the problem, you will have to use iTunes. The recovery procedure is as follows:
- if the user has previously created a backup in iTunes, he can use it;
- the smartphone is connected to a stationary PC;
- an application is launched on the computer;
- the “Restore from copy” section is selected from the menu;
- then you need to select the last backup;
- the “Restore iPhone” button is pressed.
Such methods will help the user to recover lost numbers. Since Ikloud and iTunes services are used for recovery, it is required to regularly create backups through these systems.
This recovery method consists of adjusting the group settings. It is suitable if you partially saved the numbers only in the device and now they are not displayed.
- In the “Phone” application, switch to the “Contacts” tab.
- In the upper left corner, find the “Groups” icon.
- Remove the marker from the “All iCloud” option and put it on “All iPhones”.
- Save the new settings by clicking “Finish”.
Add missing contacts from device memory to your contact list. Only then do the synchronization.
To restore photos using this method, you should check if the user has the function of creating and saving iCloud backups enabled. In the settings, you can also find out if there is a copy you need by date to return lost files.
Select “Accounts and Passwords”.
In the window that opens, scroll down and click on “Backup to iCloud”.
Make sure this feature is turned on (the slider has been moved to the right), a backup exists and it matches your dates to recover your lost photos.
After checking for an iCloud backup, let’s move on to reset all settings.
Find the item “Basic” and click on it.
Scroll to the very bottom and tap on “Reset”.
To solve our problem, you need to select “Erase content and settings”.
Confirm your choice by entering your passcode.
After that, the device will reboot and the initial iPhone setup window will appear, where you need to select the “Restore from iCloud copy” item.
With the help of iTunes, as well as iCloud, you can easily recover even long-deleted photos on iPhone. The only condition is that the backup function must be enabled in advance in the settings for constant updating of copies.
Describe what didn’t work out for you.
Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Move application to internal memory
While transferring from internal memory is usually beneficial to the user, not all programs can do this without problems. One of them may be the disappearance of the shortcut. In this case, you can try to correct the situation by doing the opposite. To do this, you need to take the following actions:
- You need to go to the smartphone settings.
- Select a section related to applications.
- We are looking for a program whose icon could not be found in the same place. Here’s where the app is located.
- You need to go to the “Storage”, then select the “Change” option.
- Next, a menu of two lines will appear, in which you can choose from the options “Device memory” and “Memory card”. You must choose the first option.
How to Recover Lost iPhone Contacts? [Solved] Contacts Disappeared
If everything was done correctly, you can expect the shortcut to appear in the same place. This action does not guarantee a solution to the problem, but is one of the options that can help.
The video tells about icon recovery:
If the numbers were recorded on an Android phone not on a SIM card, but in a single Google profile, they can be restored on the corporation’s website. however, only within a month from the date of deletion or unsuccessful reset. The reason for the loss of contacts in this case does not matter; the main thing is to keep your Google account active.
To recover contacts deleted from your phone using Google, you will need:
Go to the site. google.com and, if authorization has not been performed yet, click on the “Login” button in the upper right corner.
And logging into the site by entering a password is no more difficult than enabling Safe Mode on Android.
Now, to restore contacts on Android, you should click on the nine squares placed next to the user’s avatar.
And select the “Contacts” service in the window that opens.
And click on the “Undo Changes” button. it will be as easy to find it as in the future to copy contacts from your phone to your computer.
The new window will offer several options for restoring numbers from the phone book: for the last hour, day, week, and so on.
The user can set the time period during which the contacts disappeared independently in the format “days / hours / minutes”.
Or select one of the system ones, then click on the “Confirm” button.
Contacts deleted on Android will be restored in a few minutes. just use the “Return” button and wait a little.
In theory, the data should reappear on the phone immediately after syncing. To speed up the recovery process somewhat, you need to go to the “Settings” of the device, find there the section “Cloud and accounts”.
And tap on the “Update” icon next to the account in which the numbers were stored.
Here, in the “Settings”, you can clear the cache in the phone after completing the main task. If synchronization does not start for some reason, you can restore contacts in the phone book differently:
In the “Contacts” service, select the “Export” option.
And specify Google CSV as preferred format.
The document can be opened on a computer in Excel or saved and transferred to the phone; the spreadsheet will contain the names of contacts, phone numbers, email addresses and other information. it remains to manually enter it into the phone book.
If, as a result of an Android error, not all contacts, but only some of them were deleted, you can restore them manually one by one. by selecting in the general list.
And exporting as the same spreadsheet to hard disk or device.
Comments are not displayed in children’s videos
Note that YouTube does not display comments in videos with young children. This is done automatically without a command from the user. That being said, the authors ask why I can’t see comments on YouTube from my phone or PC after adding a video. The reason is the presence of kids in the video. The purpose of such action is to protect children and families. The company has previously blocked commenting on videos that could attract people with perverse imaginations. This is now the default for kids channels.
Exceptions are some authors who are trusted YouTube hosting partners. They can include comments if there are children on the video. The prohibition also does not apply to users who are professionally involved in family videography, or YouTube stars. In this case, the author is responsible for the careful moderation of messages. Note that the system has an automatic mechanism that closes comments instantly. If YouTube doesn’t work in Chrome, see another article on how to fix it.
How to recover contacts using Google Drive
The number of contacts in the cloud will be marked in gray. Restoring the contact list from the Google account, to which the backup and synchronization information was previously saved.
How to recover contacts on Xiaomi phone via Google Drive using a computer
We go to the site contacts.google.com and go through the authorization. In the left column of the menu, select the MORE Cancel changes button. Select the time of the date of restoration and press the confirmation button.
Reasons for disappearing contacts
Once you find that your data is missing, you need to figure out what to do about it. First of all, you need to understand why the contacts in the iPhone disappeared. There may be several reasons:
- System restore completed. Many inexperienced users enter contacts manually and do not sync their device with iCloud. In this case, at the time of updating or restoring the system, all data will be irrevocably lost. It is impossible to fix this, but in order to prevent losses again, you must always sync your device with the cloud service.
- The loss happened after the transfer of the Apple ID or the device itself to another person. This usually happens when the iPhone is handed over to a family member, who begins to delete unnecessary data and synchronize with the cloud service. In this case, you can try to recover the lost data via iCloud, but first untie the donated device from it.
- Data disappeared when synchronizing with other services, for example, Gmail. In this case, losses occur due to incorrect synchronization settings. In this case, you need to change the options through the account settings. select only one storage location for contacts. Data disappears in this case due to the fact that it is saved in parts in different services.
Another common reason why contact names are missing on iPhone is a system crash. In this case, you can restore data by simply restarting the device, and if it does not help, read the instructions below.