Xiaomi Dafang 1080P. Review and Instructions for Use
Today we will talk about a PTZ digital IP camera called Dafang 1080P from the Xiaomi ecosystem, which recently went on sale. This camera immediately attracts the attention of buyers, which is due to the presence of impressive characteristics at a rather attractive price. With a video resolution of 1920 by 1080, the frame rate is fifteen frames per second. The rotating mechanism provides 360 degrees of viewing angle, and the lens panorama is equal to 120 degrees. There is IR illumination.
The camera is packed in a white box made of cardboard, which is a characteristic design solution for almost all products manufactured by the ecosystem.
The back of the package is used for storing performance information.
After reading it, the buyer receives the information that the camera needs a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, and the power source must have a voltage of 5 V at the output, and the current strength is about 2 A.
The quality of the packaging allows you to tightly fix the camera in the slot intended for it.
And all the accessories are also securely packed. Due to the presence of thick walls, any external influence is prevented.
The dimensions of the chamber are quite impressive: The height is thirteen centimeters, of which 12 cm belongs to the body itself, and 1 cm is the size of the turntable. One side of the square section is five and a half centimeters long.
The back of the camera is used to house the USB port. With its help, an additional camera can be powered, for example, a small Xiaofang can be located on top. To power the camera, a micro-USB is used, which is positioned using the turntable surface. On the bottom plane there is a connector designed to accommodate a MicroSD card, as well as a button through which a reset is carried out, together with connecting a camera.
Recommendations for working with MiHome
In order to connect the camera, a QR code is used as usual. It is generated by the application and is read by the camera. It’s simple, but for the initial launch of the device plug-in directly, you have to tinker a little.
- The camera is located in the same room as the router.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are turned on and left in this state.
- It has its own device and is installed on MiHome.
- We go through the registration, after which the login is carried out using the username and password.
- Mainland China is selected in the location section, and in the language settings. ✍.
- Login to MiHome, and press “”, the location of which is the upper right corner.
- If such a proposal is received, the camera’s eye is selected in the top line. Otherwise, the choice stops at and according to the picture is Dafang.
- The Setup button on the camera is pressed. If a Chinese woman appears who is actively speaking, then everything is going as it should.
- A green button is pressed in the application.
- The desired Wi-Fi network is selected.
- A QR code is displayed on the screen of the device, which must be turned to the camera so that it can read it. If everything went well, then a monologue in Chinese will be heard again and the blue diode on the bar will start blinking.
- Numbers related to the content of the camera will appear on the device. If everything goes as it should, then you will go to the device page.
- A successful connection will be indicated by the appearance on the camera page of the text of the user agreement written in Chinese. The right hieroglyphs are activated, as a result of which the picture from the camera should be displayed.
- On the camera page, you enter 3 points and select the general settings. check for updates. If there is a need for this, then make an update, the presence of which is indicated by the red dot highlighted at this point.
Review of IP camera Xiaomi MIjia Dafang Smart Home 120
Making a Russian-language camera plug-in for Xiaomi Dafang
- An extreme version of the MiHome app is being installed or updated.
- The program is launched and logged into an account owned by Xiaomi.
- The “Devices” window is selected and the list containing the connected devices is updated.
- It is imperative that, after opening each subsequent device, wait for the download or update of the original plug-in from the Internet.
- The MiHome program is closed.
- Installing the Root Explorer file manager.
- The required plugin is downloaded.
- Using the Root Explorer file manager, do the following: data = data / com.Xiaomi.smarthome = files = plugin = install = mpk.
- The required plug-in with APK permission is copied to the mpk folder from point 8 to the mpk folder. It is imperative to check the number of the APK file itself, which must be identical to the file being replaced. If there are differences, then this indicates that the plugin update from the Chinese server has not passed.
- The device should be rebooted, so the plug-in does not pick up immediately.
Everything seems to be the same as in other cameras, but the buttons are located a little differently, and there are other nuances. The settings menu is located in the upper right part. There are buttons that allow you to scale to select the quality indicators of the displayed image. Buttons were placed directly on the image, with the help of which photos and videos are created in manual mode. Under the video there are buttons: Microphone, which allows two-way communication. Turn sound on or off. Rotate video horizontally. Additional functions. And just below, we chose a place for the location of the button designed to control the tilt and rotation of the camera.
To open the settings, you need to use the three dots at the top right. Opening the “General settings” section, you can set a request for a PIN code to open the camera (recommended), check the camera firmware update, revise the connection parameters in the Wi-Fi network.
In general, this figure can be considered quite good, considering the category of the device. The files have the following parameters:
- Duration one minute.
- 1920 by 1080 resolution.
- Fifteen frames per second.
- Sound. mono.
It is quite possible to illuminate an entire room with IR illumination. The illumination wavelength not perceived by the human eye is 940 nM. It has a slight shift towards the red range, which allows for good illumination.
A Record folder is created on the memory card to save the file with the recording date in the name. The files have additional divisions with the time of the survey. “Weighs” a file containing a minute recording of about 7 MB.
The quality of the power supply corresponds to the level inherent in Xiaomi. Without load, they are given a voltage of 4.98 V with a current of 2 A. Working in standard mode, when tracking movement, the camera consumes about 0.27 A. The rotation process increases this figure to 0.65 A. Connecting an IR illumination adds another 0.25 AND.
Камера для дома Xiaomi Home Security Camera Basic 1080p
In accordance with the cost, this camera can be called the most successful in the Xiaomi family. Of course, you can remember the dampness of the plugin, which is launched after prolonged actions. Emphasize the instability of the server, which is why it is not always possible to connect to the camera from the outside. But, the elimination of software flaws is a matter of time. And then the device will be out of competition in its segment.
If the camera is connected to the computer, nothing happens. The camera is simply powered from the USB port.
I didn’t pay much attention to him. In a room of about 11 sq. m, the backlight power was enough.
The bitrate is small. there are a lot of artifacts and there is no point in talking about the “quality” of the picture. But 1 minute of video takes 5 MB. There are no settings for the parameters of the recorded video. When recording on motion, 16 GB will be enough for a very long time. Whether the card will live that long is not clear. Since the heating of the camera is noticeable even in sleep mode.
If you put the camera into sleep mode, then it will stop broadcasting and recording video. Gateway mode will be active.
cyclical, scheduled and motion detection
Recording without a memory card
Length. 13. 15 sec. Probably, the camera has a small amount of internal memory. Or the video is written to the server, from there it goes to the smartphone.
Switching on and working
When the camera is powered on, the orange LED is on. Then, after 10 seconds, a couple of clicks are heard and the camera starts flashing a blue LED. This means that you can connect to the application.
Connecting to MiHome
Launch MiHome, press “” in the PVU of the main screen. On the page for adding a new device, the camera will be waiting.
Click on it and follow the instructions. We reset with a paper clip, enter the name and password of the Wi-Fi network. Show the generated code to the camera. You need to bring it about 3. 5 cm to the lens so that the camera can read it. After the squeak, the connection process will begin. All actions the camera speaks in Chinese.
After a while, an icon appears in the message center. these are notifications about a new firmware version.
The process is not fast, it takes two to three minutes.
After the firmware, a new mode appears. BLE gateway.
Initialization / Connection
Xiaomi mijia dafang 1080p IP camera turns on after powering on and pressing the reset button located at the bottom of the device. The camera must calibrate itself by turning right, left, up and down, and then return to its original position. The smartphone must have the MiHome application installed.
When authorizing, you must set the country of China in the location settings and select “Xiaomi dafang” in the list that opens. Next, you will need to complete the initialization procedure. generate a QR code using the application and demonstrate it to the IP camera. After she reads the code, all that remains is to define the access point to complete the synchronization.
The Xiaomi IP camera model dafang 1080p works in Wi-Fi 2.4 Hhz networks, it needs a 5 V power supply with a current strength of up to 2 A. The gadget is rather large. about 12 cm in height (excluding the turntable) and has a 5.5 square section see Infrared illumination, which turns on when the night mode is activated, is quite enough for an average room. IR illumination is not recognized by the human eye, which makes the camera very convenient for covert video surveillance.
With the built-in speaker in the camera, you can pick up sound up to ten meters away. It is equipped with the function of automatic amplification and transmission of the recorded information to the phone. The device has two-way audio communication. Thanks to the built-in microphone, the owner of the gadget can not only listen to the recordings, but also communicate. Smart camera Xiaomi dаfang is compatible with smartphones and portable devices running Android 4.0 and IOS 8.0.
The picture is broadcast in real time. The text in the rectangular frame at the top left of the screen (LOW / HIGH / Extreme Speed) displays the current baud rate. The inscription “AUTO” in the upper right corner informs about the automatic mode of turning on / off the infrared illumination. The square on the left is a kind of scaling of the broadcast image.
In the center of the screen is the picture itself, under which there is a navigation system in the form of a ring, which allows you to rotate the camera up and down and left and right. The right side of the picture contains two round icons. The video camera icon is used to start filming, the camera icon is used to take screenshots. Time and date stamped on videos and screenshots.
You can activate voice transmission by clicking on the microphone icon. This option allows you to transmit voice from your smartphone to the speaker built into the camera. The function is very convenient for bosses giving orders to their subordinates, as well as for communicating with young children. The speaker icon is designed to turn on / off the broadcast of sound from the camera to the smartphone. The arrow icon allows you to expand the image to the full diagonal of the screen. The icon with a triangle in a circle starts playback of the video material recorded on the microSD card. The icon with three parallel stripes opens the extended menu. The following parameters can be configured in the application:
- “Album”. selection of a directory for saving recordings, screenshots and time-lapses.
- “Video Record”. placement of video files recorded from extraneous movements in the frame.
- “Camera Settings”. for more flexible alert settings, automatic recording, formatting the memory card, adjusting distortion and exposure, rotating the picture and turning on / off LED indicators.
- The automation section is intended for setting up work scenarios.
- The “Share device” option allows you to send materials from the camera to other Mi-accounts and connect them to live broadcasts.
In the general settings section, you can change the name of your Mi-device and get up-to-date information on the release of an updated firmware version. Its presence is indicated by a red dot. You need to pay attention to the indicator located near the control button: if it glows solid blue, it means the device is connected and ready to work, blinking blue indicates disconnection from the network, fast blinking orange indicates waiting for a connection, rarely blinking orange notifies that the update is being installed firmware.
Features of appearance
Xiaomi dafang 1080p ptz smart camera IP camera has a lot of similarity to its predecessor.
Mi Home Security Camera 1080P (Magnetic Mount). with AI Face Recognition
It is made in the form of a parallelepiped and has a round thin leg. The front part is equipped with a pivoting “eye” around which six infrared LEDs are located. The camera has four lenses and an f / 2.7 aperture. It has a 360-degree view, in the vertical plane it changes position by 93 degrees. Thanks to the smooth surface of the camera on top, it can be fitted with another device of the same dimensions.
The lower part is equipped with a round leg, which has a rubberized insert. In its center there is a screw holder that allows you to mount the camera on tripods and mounts. Near the leg there is a small slot for a microSD memory card and a reset key for the current settings of the IP camera.
At the bottom of the front panel of the device there is a microphone hole and an LED element that is activated when the camera is turned on. The back side is equipped with a USB port that allows you to connect a USB flash drive or power another IP camera, as well as ventilation holes. The device is equipped with a fairly loud speaker for intercom monitoring. The microUSB port is in a leg fixed in a fixed position.
The dafang 1080p model is equipped with built-in night vision function, and has the following features:
- FPS (frame rate). 15;
- resolution. 1920X1080;
- video resolution. 1080P;
- aperture. F2.7;
- review. 360 degrees (horizontal), 93 degrees (vertical);
- lens viewing angle. 120 degrees;
- zoom. digital;
- indicator of the maximum monitoring range. 9 meters;
- IR LEDs. 6 pieces;
- materials. plastic;
- water resistance. absent;
- weight. 249 g.
The device consumes 2 W during the daytime, while at night the power consumption rises to 3 W due to the operation of infrared LEDs. The camera supports microSD cards up to 32 GB, unlimited use of Xiaomi cloud storage costs 19 per year. Many users claim that the device recognizes memory cards up to 64 GB without problems, but they must be formatted in FAT32. The model lacks ONFIF / RTSP support and web interface.
About additional features of the IP camera
In the section of the advanced settings of the Xiaomi dafang 1080p IP camera, it is recommended to set a password that restricts access to the device to unauthorized persons. Additional features of the camera include:
- “Moving tracking”. The function is intended for self-guiding and tracking the camera for an object in motion. The device is rotated in the direction of the movement of the object, but if it moves at a higher speed, the camera is fixed in the position in which the object is out of sight. After waiting 40 seconds, it automatically returns to its original position.
- The picture-in-picture option allows you to overlay the image from the IP camera on top of all other applications.
- Timelaps includes a number of predefined settings and explanations for them. You can use ready-made presets or set the parameters of the required time interval manually using the item “Customize”.
- “Look Back” allows you to view recordings (in the case of an installed microSD card). In the advanced settings menu, you can select the required date and time and view the required video fragment using the Time Line scale.
Cruise mode forces the camera to rotate quickly 360 degrees at regular intervals. Every 15 seconds, the device moves 90 degrees to one of four control points (you cannot set them manually). When rotating, the picture is slightly blurred, but it is quite possible that the problem will be solved soon after the release of the new firmware. The settings also have an IP camera calibration mode and a “Sleep” mode. The “Auto Record” function is designed to choose: record everything or activate selective recording in case of moving objects.
To control the Xiaomi dafang 1080p IP camera, you need to download and install the MiHome application, adding the device manually. You can synchronize the camera with the software by pressing the reset key. You need to bring the smartphone display with the QR code to the camera after the sound confirmation sounds. Compared to the previous model, connection problems have become an order of magnitude less, and thanks to regular firmware updates, all shortcomings and minor bugs are gradually eliminated.
On the desktop is a virtual joystick that allows you to rotate the camera lens 360 degrees at a decent speed of up to 100 degrees per minute. Using the app, you can activate and deactivate the two-way voice function. The software has a pretty good English translation. Sometimes the Chinese characters “slip through”, but they do not greatly complicate the perception of information and control of the device. Xiaomi dafang 1080p installation and setup in the app allows you to do the following:
- Enable or disable infrared illumination.
- Rotate the image and set the current date and time on the video.
- Configure an alarm in case of motion detection, as well as a siren for CO and smoke sensors.
- Enable or disable infrared illumination.
- Resize image (4 × 3 or 16 ×).
- Correct distortion with a dedicated switch.
Completion and packaging
The Xiaomi dafang 1080p IP camera comes in a regular cardboard box with Chinese characters on the top side. A rather nondescript box made of recycled paper is used as protection from careless postal employees who can damage the beautiful white gift wrap. On the front there is an image of an IP camera, on the back there is a list of characteristics, a QR code for automatically going to the Xiaomi website, and other information.
Inside the box are: charger block, USB cable and instruction manual. Since it is designed exclusively for users who speak Chinese, it contains only a QR code of valuable information, which allows you to quickly install the MiHome mobile application. The plug of the charger block is not adapted for Russian standards, so a special adapter is required to use the camera. The length of the USB-microUSB cable is one and a half meters.