Connecting a phone to a Wi-Fi TV for watching movies-broadcast from Android on Smart TV Samsung and LG
Today I will clearly show how to connect the phone on Android to the Wi-Fi TV to broadcast the image and transmit the video to the large monitor Smart TV. This is convenient for watching films, as well as for games, as a tablet or smartphone turns into a semblance of a game console, and TV is used as a screen. This instruction is suitable for connecting any Android phone, including Samsung, Huawei, Honor and Redmi, to the Smart TV TV from Samsung and LG to Philips, Sony, Xiaomi, Dexp, Haier and the rest.
As always, you first need to decide on what exactly you need to connect a smartphone to the TV.
- You want to play files recorded in the phone’s memory (music, films, photos) on the TV screen, or broadcast the smartphone screen onto the TV, thereby turning it into an additional monitor?
- The second thing you need to understand is how to connect the Android phone with TV (or Smart TV)-by cable or without wires via Wi-Fi?
Depending on the goal, one of the following methods will choose:
- By USB cable. suitable for the case if you need to connect the phone to TV as an outer disk and see on the monitor all files available for reading.
- Through the HDMI wire. used for the second option to duplicate the smartphone screen onto the TV
- Using the DLNA server, the essence is that the application is installed on the smartphone that turns it into a media server for distributing files by Wi-Fi. Then you can connect to it from any device from a local network, including TV.
- According to Miracast technology, a universal wireless way that is suitable for broadcasting films and cloning the screen on TV
How to watch films from Android phone on the Smart TV TV on Wi-Fi?
Further in this article I will analyze in detail the wireless ways of connecting a smartphone to a TV or a TV prefix for watching movies, video or photo. In fact, we have two options to broadcast the video from the phone to the TV. via DLNA or via Miracast. The difference between them is that according to DLNA you can only play files that are recorded on a smartphone. video, photo or music. According to Miracast, plus to this is also possible to duplicate the smartphone screen on the TV monitor. Let’s look at each of these technologies in more detail.
In order to transmit Android from the phone and reproduce the recorded media on the Smart TV TV, you must comply with several conditions:
- Both devices should be connected to one Wi-Fi router
- TV with Smart TV and the phone must support the DLNA or Miracast standard (for Apple. AirPlay)
Is it possible to connect the phone to the Samsung TV?
Directly through standard programs installed on smartphones, it will not be possible to synchronize devices. In some cases, you can’t do without an additional adapter:
Synchronization of devices provides users with a lot of advantages:
- The smartphone can be used as a full.fledged remote control for the remote control of the TV;
- implementation of video content and photos for playing on a large screen of media technology;
- Connecting a joystick or keyboard, together with a smartphone, turns a TV into a large game console;
- the possibility of conducting a full presentation;
- Convenient search for sites on the network through a mobile device, information is visible on a larger display.
Attention! Competent synchronization through a wireless network allows you to conveniently use multi.seasoning devices.
Is there a difference in connection
The choice of synchronization method depends on the media technician model and the version of the operating system of the mobile device.
“Android” devices and Apple?
iPhone can be connected to a TV via USB or using a special expensive prefix.
For smartphones on the “Android” platform, special restrictions are not installed. The user can choose any of the presented synchronization methods.
Ordinary Samsung TV and Samsung Smart-TV TV TV?
The Smart TV function allows you to directly connect the phone without using additional equipment and cables. A modern TV operates on the basis of the operating system, which guarantees Internet access.
VGA Video transmission connector
Old TV models are not equipped with HDMI and USB connectors. For conjugation of an Android planet or phone, use an adapter.
- Connect the Micro-USB device cable to the VGA adapter. Insert the other end into the connector on the mobile device.
- Press the Source on the remote control, then select as source “VGA”.
- Conjugation takes a few seconds. After the operation is completed, use the gadget to broadcast video or photo on the screen tv.
This technology is rapidly becoming obsolete, so it’s hard to find such adapters now.
Screen Mirroring program
Samsung smartphones and TVs support the SCreen Mirroring company application, which allows to duplicate the screen of the mobile gadget on the TV.
Important! The function only works on phones and TV from Samsung.
- Go to the device settings. Click on the tab “Visibility of the tablet/smartphone”.
- Turn on the function by pressing the corresponding button.
- Open the notification curtain on Samsung. Slide on the icon of an application for duplication of the screen “Smart View”.
- On the remote control from TV, click on “Menu”, then. “Screen Mirroring”.
- In a few seconds, the name of your TV will appear on the phone screen. Slide on it for conjugation. The process, as a rule, does not take longer than 10 seconds.
Now the device screen will be duplicated on a large monitor. The function can be used to display files, the opening of which does not directly support the TV.
The easiest, fastest and most effective transmission mechanism is the use of Chromecast. But it is the most expensive-the device will cost 20-100 depending on the model. Such a price may seem too high for a small don, which just allows you to get rid of wires.
The second most simplicity and functionality option is the use of HDMI-Micro-USB cable. Nevertheless, it does not work for everyone, but for some models it will also need to buy an MHL-adapter, which leads to additional costs. Possible expenses for such a broadcast are from 30 (for the HDMI cable and MHL adapter) or from 10 (for HDMI-Micro-USB cable). Given the fact that the phone in this mode is discharged at a huge speed, even from a financial point of view it is more profitable to buy first.generation Chromecast.
However, in any case, only you decide.
Lucky owners of top.end smartphones and TVs from Samsung. They can use Screen Mirroring technology and quickly connect one device to another.
But when using a USB cable, Wi-Fi Direct (Miracast) or DLNA you will have to encounter restrictions in the form of a broadcast of exclusively local files. In 2019, when most of the content is presented through streaming services. from music to films. such solutions seem too cumbersome, obsolete and low.functional.
And still bad news. You can’t broadcast through Bluetooth. Too small throughput of this integration to transmit high.resolution video stream. And there are very few TVs with Bluetooth support. even among the top models Samsung
Rules for using Samsung Smart View
You can use the application in different ways, depending on the needs in the current situation.
- The program is great for transmitting multimedia content to a large screen (usually films or series). The reverse process is also possible. broadcasting television shows from a TV on a PC or smartphone.
- Samsung Smart View on a mobile device will be a great alternative to the standard remote control. With it, it is much more convenient to work in Smart Hub, manage applications, perform text entry, etc.D. In this case, it will be possible to do without a keyboard and mouse.
- A smartphone or tablet with a gyroscope and the installed program can be used as a gamepad or electronic pointer.
Thus, the program will be useful in almost any situations and even remove the need to buy additional peripheral devices.
Probable problems and ways to eliminate them
If something went wrong, when using the Samsung Smart View application, the following problems can be observed.
- TV is not found. The problem is relevant for television receivers issued in 2011-2014. To eliminate it, it is necessary to reflash the tellytekhniki. At the same time, you can download software from the official website or through the Tenet service.TV.
- The mobile device (or PC) is not connected to the TV, or a significant delay is detected when broadcasting content. The reason is the distance between the devices is too large, and the wireless transmission of information is characterized by the loss of part of the data on a significant distance. Output. you need to move the laptop, PC or smartphone closer to the television panel.
- Content from the memory of a phone or computer is not played on the television receiver. The fault of everything can be an antivirus that blocks access to a connected device. It will need to be disconnected.
- The television receiver does not respond to commands. You need to make sure that the built.in Bluetooth module works correctly, and also the TV connection to the router is correctly installed.
- The application on the phone does not load or “flies out” after starting. Possible reason. the mobile device is not designed to work with Samsung Smart View, since it has an outdated version of the OS. To solve the problem, it is necessary to update the Android version.
On a note! Sometimes, if a smartphone (or PC) does not see a TV, the problem may be in the router. To eliminate the malfunction, it must be rebooted by pressing the power button (on the case), or pulling the fork from the outlet for several minutes.
So, download Samsung Smart View on a mobile device or computer is recommended for all TV owners of this company. The application offers many interesting opportunities for transmitting multimedia content from third-party devices to a TV receiver and vice versa, facilitates control of both conventional functionality and Smart, replacing the remote control, and also allows you to use a smartphone instead of peripheral devices for navigation and games. At the same time, the program integust is very convenient, even an inexperienced user will easily deal with it.
Screen Mirroring Samsung: how to set up on the phone
This functionality is a simpler way to synchronize the mobile phone and TV, compared to setting up the phone as a TV remote control panel.
As already stated, Screen Mirroring allows you to use the TV as an extended screen for a smartphone. This allows you to carry out for a wireless transmission of photographs, videos, games and all the rest of the content and view it on the screen of your TV, controlling the contents of the screen from the phone.
The easiest way to do this is by direct connection of Smart TV Samsung, which supports this function. If you are not sure that your TV Samsung Screen Mirroring supports, just visit the company’s website to obtain the desired information. Most models produced in recent years have built.in support for this service.
On the other hand, if the above service is not supported, but you have HDTV, the Screen Mirroring Samsung function can be available if you connect the TV to Allshare Cast Wireless Hub.
How to screen mirror your phone to TV | Samsung smart view native feature
If a smartphone or tablet works on Android 9
- Click the Source button on the TV remote control and select Screen Mirroring from the list of signal sources. If you have a TV N, M, Q, LS or K-Series-miss this step and move on to the next.
If a smartphone or tablet works on Android 8, 7
- Click the Source button on the TV remote control and select Screen Mirroring from the list of signal sources. If you have a TV N, M, Q, LS or K-Series-miss this step and move on to the next.
Sometimes it happens that a mobile device cannot find a TV in normal mode, respectively, Screen Mirroring Samsung does not connect. In this case, you do not need to continue to look for TV in the menu of your device, but you need to perform the following actions in the TV menu:
Go to the network settings and Screen Mirroring, turn on this function. You can also run it by pressing the Source button on the remote control, and then select the desired option from the list at the top of the screen.
Launch this service on a mobile device. The gadget will begin to search for available devices.
Select TV from the list. TV settings automatically allow you to connect, without requests for approval of synchronization.
If the mobile device cannot connect, try turning off the TV and turn it on again.
In addition, you can control the connection status of previously connected mobile devices. This function is available only if the devices were previously synchronized with the TV or the user has a ban on connecting. To do this, you will need to take the following steps:
Go to the network → Screen Mirroring → Device Manager. A list of devices that were previously connected to the TV or tried to connect on the television display will be displayed, but synchronization was refused. In this paragraph of the menu you can see the status of the connection (allow /ban).
In a pop.up window, you can choose “allow connection”, “prohibit connection” or “remove the device from the list”.
The latest generation brand TVs have built.in functionality, which allows you to synchronize with smartphones. On Samsung Smart TV, it is called Screen Mirroring. The technology works on wireless protocols. The presence of this functionality is indicated both in a brief specification to the device and in the operating instructions.
Important! All Samsung TVs 7, 8 and 9 of the series support this technology, while models with prefixes F, J, K and M are deprived of it. To find out whether such functionality is sewn in software, it is necessary to open in the TV menu section “Connection with mobile”. There should be a item “Mirror screen”.
Телевизор Samsung не может подключиться к wi-fi
Similar capabilities are found both in Samsung phones and phones from other manufacturers, which significantly simplifies the synchronization process. Specific steps depend on the version of the operating system of the mobile device and the available modifications. For example, LG adds a specific and very different from the ordinary in functionality to the firmware of its gadgets. The names of the menu, the location of branches, labels and other elements are changing. A similar situation was seen behind the brands “Huawei”, “ASUS” and others. Consider the synchronization procedure with an eye on the version of the operating system.
Android 4x and 5x
The OS is quite old and almost outlined, but is still popular on ultra.bunch phones and other “smart” gadgets with a limited volume of internal drive.
Connecting a smartphone to TV by means of Screen Mirroring:
- On the remote control, click on the Source key.
- In the “Source” section, select the Screen Mirroring function.
- We open the settings on a mobile device.
- We find the “Connect” section and click on the All Share Cast or Screen Mirroring icon.
- The phone will start searching for devices.
- In a pop.up window, click on the desired model to synchronize it with the TV.
- We wait for the end of the process.
To turn off the device, just click on “break the connection”.
Here, unlike the operating systems of past generations, any conflicts are minimized: sorties, bugs and other unpleasant moments are practically not observed.
- Open the menu of quick settings with a swipe down.
- Click on a fast connection in the shape of a snowflake.
- Choosing a TV model.
- Next, go to the section “TV device screen”.
- We wait until the conjugation is coming.
- We agree with the broadcast of the screen.
You can break the connection by pressing the “Disable” key.
The functionality of OS “Android” 7 versions noticeably faster “picks up” devices on wireless protocols, works much more stable and offers wider opportunities.
- Call quick settings with a swipe down.
- We unfold the main panel pulling the edge.
- With a swipe to the right we open additional settings.
- Click on the All Share Cast (sometimes Smart View).
- We find in the list of TV devices and by pressing the connection.
You can break the synchronization by pressing the “Disable device” key.
Connection via Wi-Fi
If the TV does not support Screen Mirroring technology, then other wireless ways should be adopted. Here you can go in two ways. Connect devices using the Smart View program or Miracast technology.
Samsung Smart View
This option is suitable for all mobile gadgets working on the Android platform older than version 4.1, as well as for iOS not lower than 7.0. First of all, you need to connect devices via a Wi-Fi network, which is tied to the same login.
Next, download the Samsung Smart View utility. You can find it on Play Market for Android devices and in the AppStore for gadgets on iOS. The installation of the program takes place as usual, so there should be no problems here.
- We activate Wi-Fi Protokols on both devices.
- We launch the program and go to the settings.
- All devices connected to the Wi-Fi network should appear in the list.
- Click on the desired TV model.
- We wait until the smartphone sets communication with TV.
- We agree to synchronization.
In addition to the classic screen broadcast, the utility allows the use of the gadget as a control panel, game joystick, as well as turn on and off sleeping mode. For some phones, for example, an additional capabilities are not available to a number of Xiaomi models, but only a mirror display of the screen. In such cases, it is worth considering the following method.
Another way to synchronize devices without wires is Miracast technology. Just as in the previous case, the TV and smartphone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The version of the phone firmware is not critical.
Connecting a smartphone to the Android OS via Miracast:
- Turn on the miracast function on TV samsung.
- Open the menu on the phone and go to the settings.
- Find the section “Wireless connections”.
- Click at the Miracast point or “Display Duplication”.
- OS will begin to search for devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Upon completion, the screen broadcast will begin.
You can interrupt the duplication of the display by clicking on the corresponding key in the menu.
Connection via Chromecast
To connect the device to the TV via Chromecast, you need:
- Connect the Chromecast device to the TV, then the USB power cable to the Chromecast device.You need to use only an AC-adapter kit.
- Connect the Chromecast device. It is important that Chromecast and a mobile device or tablet with which Chromecast set up are in the same Wi-Fi network.
- On a mobile device or tablet, download the Google Home app.
- Follow the instructions of the CHROMECAST settings.
Through a broadcast on YouTube
When opening the YouTube application, in the upper part of the screen, you need to click on the icon of the rectangle.
When pressing, a list of available devices will open. Next, you need to select a connection device and that’s it, there will be a connection.
However, if you cannot automatically establish a connection, then you need to go to the settings menu and select “Connected TVs”, then “Add TV”. Appendix suggest following the instructions. Going to the YouTube application on a TV or console, select the “device conjugation” option in the settings and enter the conjugation code on the Android device.
After that, everything should be ready for work
We use the USB card
The final option for those who want to watch photos and videos from the phone on the TV screen. This method works similarly to the one that was examined earlier in the paragraph “How to Connect the phone with the Samsung TV through USB”. Only the mobile device itself is connected to the TV receiver here, but its Microsd memory card.
Since Samsung TVs are deprived of the SD and Microsd connector, you will have to use the USB format carder. A card is installed in it, and the cardrider itself is connected to the TV receiver via a USB port. In the future, it remains to choose the involved connector as an image source.
Features of the connection with iPhone
The iOS operating system installed on iPhones has a number of restrictions. They make it difficult to connect the iPhone to the Samsung TV, so only 2 interfacing methods are provided for the owners of Apple technology:
Both options were previously discussed in detail in the material, so there is no reason to return to them. It is only worth noting that the proposed methods suggest the presence of a Smart TV function on the TV and the active connection of Wi-Fi.