Enabling and configuring Wi-Fi Direct in Windows 10
Not so long ago, the only way to transfer media content from a PC to a TV was via an HDMI cable to an external monitor. New Wi-Fi Direct technology eliminates tangled wires, cords and special equipment. Wireless transmission of images and sound to the TV display and other devices significantly saved time, accelerated the process of file sharing. When wondering how to enable Wi-Fi Direct Windows 10, you should make sure that this wireless technology is connected.
What is Wi-Fi Direct
The option Wi-Fi Direct, or P2P (Peer-to-Peer), made it possible to connect mobile devices to each other, provided a complete rejection of the router. With the help of technology, it will be possible to establish a connection between computers and:
- External monitor and other gadgets.
Wi-Fi Direct literally transfers the image and audio stream from the device to the TV, monitor, which is connected to.
Note! In 2012, many digital device manufacturers adopted the Wi-Fi Direct standard. He also got Intel support.
How does it work
Wi-Fi Direct on a laptop, PC works with standard modules in 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies within 802.11 a / b / g / n. The technology works by creating a software access point to which others connect via WPS. Performance varies with hardware type (802.11 a, b or n), sources of interference in the electromagnetic environment.
Important! Wi-Fi Direct range is no more than 200 m.
When establishing a Wi-Fi Direct connection on a laptop between devices, you need to select a safe source. P2P connected devices are allocated according to processing power. Compared to a camera, printer or photo frame, computers, netbooks, smartphones and gaming consoles have more performance and advanced capabilities.
Advantages and disadvantages
For comfortable “communication” of Smart-devices, you can always connect Wi-Fi Monitor for Windows 10, OS Android 4.2.
Note! One will need to send office documents to print from the tablet, the second. perceptible all the delights of the gameplay on a wide diagonal, and the third. set up a home theater, turned on your favorite movie on your PC.
All this can be done thanks to wireless technology, the advantages of which include:
- Saving time. To show a photo gallery or video clips from a laptop on a large screen, you have to take unnecessary actions, for example, wait for the files to download to your Windows 7/8/10 computer. You can send media content “without intermediaries”.
- Interactivity of most devices. Photo frames, projectors, printers, scanners become much more functional and mobile with Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Flexibility. You can quickly and deftly access the Internet wherever there is an open access point, share important content with friends on social networks here and now.
There are also enough disadvantages in this technology:
- Blockage on the air. There are a large number of multidirectional signals, plus paired devices are also added to them.
- Security issues. So, in areas with an overabundance of digital devices (offices, shopping centers), a multitude of signals creates a very complex topology. In the client of a shared Wi-Fi network, a multivariate connection is formed, the ability to use “neighbors” as a proxy. This may affect the security of personal data in a smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc.
- Energy consumption. The signal demonstrates high power requirements. When the P2P system on the computer is turned on, the autonomy of the device is sharply reduced.
Which technique can be used for
The function is supported by almost all modern PCs, netbooks, as well as smartphones, tablets, photo and video cameras, printers. The standard has several fundamental features:
- Information transfer rate reaches 250 Mbps;
- The range of any router reaches NOT more than 100 m;
- For optimal Wi-Fi “Direct” operation on a tablet, PC or laptop, it is important that the gadget has this chip (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
Note! There are dual-band routers that support both 2.4 GHz and newer 5 GHz networks. router Asus RT-N18U, Xiaomi Mini Wi-Fi, Netis WF2710, Asus RT-AC51U, etc.
P2P standard capable of streaming video to external displays with maximum Full HD 1080p resolution and 5.1 surround sound.
Technology connection rules
There are two options for connecting the program locally for exchanging large amounts of information:
- DLNA provides support for multimedia traffic. Its work depends on the presence of a central communicator.
- Miracast works in a point-to-point format, transmits audio and video content, images in an interactive mode. The connection plays the video stream smoothly unlike DLNA. A couple of touches of a mouse or a smartphone sensor are enough to establish contact and exchange data. This technology is compatible with Windows 7/8/10, as well as Android OS, starting from 4.2, as well as Smart TV.
Important! You can display video on Full HD screens only using H.264 codecs in.
Thanks to the availability of Wi-Fi Direct on Windows 7 and other PC versions, devices will find each other on their own. To connect a laptop to an external display, the device creates a wireless network using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), WPA2.
How to enable Wi-Fi Direct in Windows 10
First, make sure your device has Wi-Fi Direct. To do this, open the “Wireless Network Settings” tab, where there are available connections within a radius of up to 100 m. Select one of them and connect. From this moment, file sharing is directly activated on the computer.
Important! You can find the Wi-Fi Direct feature in Windows 10 in the Network Connection Properties tab. Here the device search starts and the desired.
The keyboard shortcut will help to launch the Wi-Fi Direct function on a laptop or PC. For this, the following actions are performed:
- You need to activate Miracast on the connected device or start Wi-Fi.
- Press the “WinP” key combination on the keyboard.
- In the list that appears, find the “Connect to a wireless display” tab.
- Activate wireless connection and enjoy high-quality picture, sound on another device.
To enable Wi-Fi Direct on a PC or laptop, you can use the System Settings tab:
- The required function is selected via “Start. Options “or the key combination” WinI “.
- The “Devices” tab opens. Adding a device “, which connects the computer with another object.
- After a quick search, the desired “point” is selected and the connection is established.
Wi-Fi Direct Windows 10: how to turn it on if you have problems
There are times when a message about the impossibility of Miracast support pops up on the PC screen. This indicates that the required drivers are missing, or the built-in Plasma adapter has such a function.
Such problems are solved by reinstalling or updating drivers only from the official website.
Note! Unsuccessful connection is often caused by downloading incorrect, outdated drivers.
The main task of the personal Firewall (Windows firewall). sets a block for unused connections and packets, to provide protection at the application level. When setting up Wi-Fi Direct, you must enable this setting. Viruses or third-party applications with threats will not “clog” the programs installed on the computer. Turning on the Firewall. Guaranteed operation of the access point.
Connecting PC to TV via Wi-Fi Direct
Before connecting Wi-Fi Direct to a TV, you should make sure that there is a wireless protocol or Wi-Fi adapter in the equipment itself. The connection will be carried out through the Smart-device menu (for convenience, you need to set the Russian language). However, first you need to specify the correct DLNA server data on the computer, open access to the necessary folders.
To do this, the standard Windows 10 explorer opens, select the “Network” item, then “Network Discovery”. The system gives simple instructions, and in some cases independently displays the multimedia servers, which means everything is ready for work. Once the files have been shared, a few simple steps remain:
- Create a private network.
- From the appeared list of devices connected to this network in the “Explorer”, select the required.
- Enable DLNA and go to the TV menu by selecting the Appropriate section (for example, in LG it is SmartShare). This shows the contents of the allowed folders for viewing in Windows 10.
- You will be able to view the media on the big screen by right-clicking the “play on.” Section, as well as by selecting the TV device model.
Important! Thanks to Wi-Fi “Direct” for software “Windows” 7, 10, you will be able to access the Internet by simply connecting to the host, while remaining in a common secure domain for everyone.
Wi-Fi Direct. a set of software protocols that establish a wireless connection between two or more devices without a router. The standard is characterized by long transmission distance, good speed, and easy setup. It is difficult to connect a PC, printer, TV, web-camera or wireless headphones, because it easily combines the equipment of different brands.
Connecting and configuring the WI-FI camera: via a router, computer or phone
Support and transmission of a signal based on wireless technologies. here is the main feature of Wi-Fi cameras. Thanks to this, it is easy and simple to set up a video surveillance system, regardless of the purpose of the premises and their location. NO cabling and wiring required, so installation time is kept to a minimum. The following are instructions on how to connect the Wi-Fi camera.
Features and specifications of Wi-Fi cameras
High sensitivity to signal quality. the main feature typical for this type of camera. The bottom line. limited distance between camera and signal source. Transmitting antennas are recommended to be installed to increase this indicator.
At the place of use, the equipment is divided into the following types:
- Outdoor and outdoor.
- Indoor, indoor.
The functionality also contributes to the division of devices into several varieties:
- Dual band. With the ability to broadcast a signal at 2 or 4 GHz.
- Sector. See the difference between the models just enough to study the catalog.
Note! Various fences and interference also affect how the signal will be in certain devices.
The more Wi-Fi cameras it is decided to connect to the system, the lower the information transfer rate for each individual device.
Taking into account a few nuances will make the Wi-Fi network as efficient as possible.
- Limiting the quality of the transmitted signal to 1 megapixel.
- Signal strength. minimum 0.46 dB.
- Line-of-sight cameras location.
- 2.4 GHz. recommended frequency.
- Modern standards for data transmission. They make it as easy as possible to connect the camera’s Wi-Fi to a router via Wi-Fi.
Advantages and disadvantages of Wi-Fi cameras
Wi-Fi video surveillance differs following advantages:
- Simultaneous signal transmission to multiple devices.
- The minimum number of cables. Some models are solar powered so they can be kept away from sources.
- Installation on moving objects, including transport.
- Data transmission over wireless channels.
Interesting! Wi-Fi cameras allow you to organize video surveillance in rooms of any area, regardless of purpose. Data can be stored on a DVR, but this is far from the only option. You can choose special Cloud services for this.
However, there are also some downsides. The radius of the signal remains relatively small. Precipitation and various obstacles can affect how the signal is transmitted in one case or another. But modern technology is correcting these shortcomings. And simplify the process for those interested in how to connect a Wi-Fi camera.
Wi-Fi camera setup
Almost all models support wired or wireless connection options.
Note! Everything depends on what device is connected to the camera itself.
It can be a recorder or a computer. A compound in the case of the first device organized as follows:
- Connecting devices to each other using an Ethernet cable.
- Setting up the DVR requires access. Then they connect to the video camera, for which it is enough to dial the IP addresses.
- Start recording video to webcams.
A wired connection to a computer requires a slightly more complex scheme:
- Connecting the camcorder to a router port or a computer network card.
- Next, open a browser, go to the IP address specified in the instructions.
- Standard installation is assumed when you enter a login, password.
- It is recommended to use your data to log in.
- It is better to download special programs for your computer to make watching videos more convenient. Laptop use is also allowed.
The setting is performed in this case, through such steps:
- Connecting the camera to the power supply, turning on.
- Go to settings, setting the desired parameters.
- Search for the desired device. Passes in automatic or manual mode. The DVR works according to the same rules.
Note! Windows wireless settings will help when a computer is involved.
Connecting the camera produces through the web interface of the router. First, they go to the device’s IP address, then enter the login and password set specifically for it. Everyone can easily figure out how to set up Wi-Fi cameras.
Sometimes DVRs are sold that have a built-in Wi-Fi module. A router or special adapter can help you bypass the limitations associated with such devices.
There are two features in USB adapters that must be considered:
- The DVR must support connecting multiple USB devices, otherwise the purchase will not be beneficial.
- The adapter itself must be supported by the device.
It is recommended to consult with specialists so that such a purchase is successful. And connecting cameras to a router in this case will be more efficient.
It is recommended to download special applications to solve the problem, then read the QR code from the camera box. After opening the next tab, indicate the ID number. There are many applications on the market that control information from the phone.
Note! After the initial setup, it is easy to add all the IP addresses of those or other cameras that make up the system to the application. Allowed to control both images and sound.
Through a router
There are not so many main stages in this process:
- IP data entry.
- Setting technical parameters for recording.
Routers assume configuration of one camera or several cameras at once. After the initial input should be checked, as far as the equipment is operational.
Wi-Fi camera connection
There are several options for actions when connecting CCTV cameras running on the Internet.
Note! Cloud service or memory card. optimal solution for archive recording.
Remote viewing and archiving. the main features that the user should be interested in in this case. Procedure:
- The Rj45 network connector of the computer and the camera are connected to each other. The cable for this use a certain brand.
- Open the web interface of the camera using a browser.
- We need to find the section on Wi-Fi. Its name may vary depending on the manufacturer.
- You need to link the camera and router to each other.
In order for the connection to occur automatically, the user must specify several types of data:
- Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi password.
- Protocol for encryption. Standard choice. WPA2.
- Check the box on automatic connection.
After that, you can use your tablet or smartphone to connect with the device, watch the video. Observation is available at any time of the day.
Note! Most often, such equipment is found in ready-made kits.
Connection assumes the following order of actions:
- The recorder and the computer communicate with each other. The name of the Wi-Fi network is set in the settings, the password is also set there.
- Video camera and a personal computer is also necessary to link. The browser is used to go to the web interface of the recording device. And again you need to specify the parameters specific to a particular network.
- It remains to go inside the registrar directly using the Corresponding channel.
Through a router
Such a kit is easy to assemble if the owner of the equipment does most of the work himself. For example, a router has already been purchased. What else do you need to complete the connection? Not to do without the cameras and the recorder itself.
Important! The registrar and the router are connected using a patch cord. special kind of cable. Cameras also connect to the router. The required video camera and channel are easily specified in the settings. The main thing. remember that this method cannot be used for every camera.
Typically, such devices are accompanied by their own applications that run on mobile phones and tablets. An archive containing records is saved to the flash card. The main thing. to be able to connect to the system.
The process of connecting by phone involves performing the following actions:
- Use a cable from an ISP directly connected to the camcorder.
- The main thing. make sure the ISP provided a static IP address.
- At the next stage, a browser is opened on a mobile phone, IP cameras are entered in the address period.
After that, an image should appear.
What else should you pay attention to when choosing a camera
You need to decide from the outset how many devices you need. Standalone models are enough if you need 1-2 pieces. You should think about installing a common network router if you plan to cover the entire territory. This device collects information from other network participants, then transmits the image to the monitor. It is not difficult to connect elements to each other.
When the issue with the quantity is resolved, proceed to the consideration of the main parameters.
- Source of power. Usually this is a network or a built-in battery.
- Design. Models are supplied with protected cases or sold without them.
- Presence of microphones.
- IR illumination and its parameters.
- Maximum recording resolution. The bigger it is. all the better. To do this, you need to connect certain types of cameras.
Note! The method of data transmission is also referred to as features that matter. The sent signal is encrypted by most cameras during connection. This reduces the likelihood of interception by intruders.
Choosing a location for devices
To prevent the equipment from suffering from the negative effects of other devices, it is important to correctly position cameras and other types of receivers.
Neighborhood with such elements should be excluded:
- Any kind of industrial equipment.
- Fluorescent lamps.
- High power electric motors.
- Transformers to Which the Corresponding Wire Leads.
Note! The connection is made to a point that is in the line of sight. A common partition wall in an office is sometimes enough for strong signal attenuation. The capital wall will become a serious obstacle. You will have to purchase several access points so that the coverage is uniform.
If visibility is direct, Wi-Fi signals work well up to 500 meters. But such figures are typical for professional systems. The speed of 0.5 Mbit / s is enough to transmit a high-quality video signal if high-level streaming compression algorithms are used. The use of directional antennas expands these parameters. Then any smartphone will receive the signal.
Channel thickness: how to calculate
Many factors affect wireless networks. Here are just a few of them:
- Operation intensity.
- The number of clients simultaneously connected to the network.
- Antenna type.
- Other types of networks and so on.
It is not easy to predict the quality of a wireless network in a given location in advance. It depends on what kind of phone customer uses.
Important! 128 kbps. 4 Mbps. signal transmission range of each camera. This must be taken into account when placing the equipment in its place. Because of this, the load on the Wi-Fi point may increase. Tests and special software will help you understand the real data transfer rate typical for certain types of equipment.
There are two acceptable solutions for such situations:
- Channel separation: for users and video surveillance.
- Large margin of characteristics specifically for image transmission.
About signal amplification
Horizontal and vertical signal adjustment is carried out using a circular antenna. It is the turn of such an antenna that can come to the rescue if the signal becomes weak. Directional antennas are used to expand the coverage area. The main thing. make sure you have the required connector, match the characteristics to the specified requirements. If there are comments on the connector, sometimes purchasing a suitable adapter helps.
Important! powerful antennas DO NOT solve problems if too serious obstacles are in the way. They completely absorb and reflect the transmitted information. An additional repeater often helps to bend around such obstacles. It is an efficient solution due to line-of-sight with signal receiving and transmitting points.
Wi-Fi channels and security
There are different ways for those interested in additional security. Most popular and reliable:
- Applying passwords.
The latter creates the so-called “electronic gate”. They only let registered users through, the rest cannot get inside. Thanks to passwords, it is also easy to restrict access to video surveillance systems.
Interesting! If the information is encrypted, any attempts to intercept it will be useless. At least if the Attacker does NOT know how to decrypt everything. The only serious obstacle in this case. jammers of signals. Departmental security or private security company services will help to cope with this problem.
When organizing full-fledged video surveillance, the use of Wi-Fi networks and other modern technologies opens up a lot of opportunities for buyers. You can follow the desired point regardless of where the owner of the device is currently located. The main thing. provide high-quality signal transmission for wires. With the help of qualified specialists, the problem is easy to deal with. Cameras are often synced to alarms for added security.
We accept for payment:
“Gift certificate” from our Training Center. this is the best gift for those who are dear to you! Pay tuition and present your family and friends with training in any of the courses.
“Certificate for repeated training” gives the opportunity to repeat training in our training Center with a discount of 1000 rubles!
How to connect your phone to a router via WI-FI. How to connect Wi-Fi to a phone: connect to a router, configure
Since the topic is rather short, we will not rant once again and tell you what Wi-Fi is on the phone, what it is eaten with, and how to connect Wi-Fi to the phone (or the phone to Wi-Fi). Let’s get down to business right away.
The only thing you need to know about Wi-Fi. It is a wireless Internet network, the speed of which depends on the Internet service provider and signal quality. The range of the Wi-Fi network varies from 2 to several hundred meters, depending on the signal strength.
Both in iOS and in Android, the connection to the network occurs in the same way. Let’s get started:
- Open the menu, look for the “Settings” button.
- We find the term “Wireless networks” or “Wi-Fi”. Poke at her. Wi-Fi enabled.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen.
- Choose a name and enter a password.
- Click “Connect”.
In Android smartphones, the first two items can be excluded. You just need to unlock your smartphone, open the quick menu and hold down the “Settings” button. Well this is for the very lazy.
And further. When a Wi-Fi network is not available on Android smartphones, the mobile Internet is always automatically turned on on them.
How to connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi, see the following video instruction:
Ios does NOT want to connect to the network
The sequence of actions to enable Wi-Fi on iOS is in the following two pictures:
Quite often, iPhone owners complain that they cannot connect to the wireless network. Some even kick themselves in the chest with their heels, proving that this is a “bad network”, the smartphone senses it and does NOT connect. It reads funny, but it looks even funnier. The problem may lie in the Inability to connect correctly, in the smartphone itself and in the router. (No, we are NOT calling iPhone owners foolish).
If you are the owner of “apple phones” and nothing happened after the “connect” button, do not despair. Even if this is where your knowledge in the field of smartphones ends, our article will help you.
- Make sure you are within range of the network.
- Still, check if you really turned on the Wi-Fi module.
- If you do not know how to connect Wi-Fi to your phone at home, then check the router itself first. Are all wires connected? The “Internet” and “Wi-Fi” lamps on the router should be on.
- As the modern saying goes, if something doesn’t work, restart it.
- Reboot the router and router itself.
- Humble yourself.
If all else fails, try the following:
- Try connecting to the network elsewhere. Go to the establishment and ask the employee to help you.
- Try connecting from other devices. If the result does not exceed your expectations, then Contact your Internet provider.
- Try connecting from your iPhone to other networks. If the result is the same, then you have a direct road to the service center. Your Wi-Fi module is not working.
Yes, there is a lot to do. If this list scares you, ask for help from someone who is more or less versed in this.
Connect your Android smartphone to the network
If we say that all iOS are the same. we will NOT be wrong. If we say that all Androids are the same. we will NOT be wrong either. In almost all Android smartphones, the connection to Wi-Fi is done using the same manipulations: Menu-Settings-Wi-Fi. That’s all.
If the smartphone is new, just tap on the Wi-Fi icon from the extended menu, all available networks will appear on the screen. Choose the one you want, enter the password and enjoy.
Let’s describe the connection to a Wi-Fi network using the example of a Samsung phone:
- Go to settings and click the Wi-Fi icon.
- We activate the module and click on the icon to open the list of available networks.
- Choose the connection you want, write the password and voila. Wi-Fi turned on!
Windows Phone OS
If your smartphone runs on this OS, connecting to Wi-Fi is easy too:
- Go to settings.
- Slide your finger to the right to enable the module.
- Choose a network and log in.
If the connection to the router is hidden
How to set up Wi-Fi if the phone does not see the network, or it is hidden? It will be logical that first we need to turn on the Wi-Fi module itself.
The action plan is as follows:
- We break into the “Settings” menu.
- Our further actions depend on your smartphone. If you have an old Android, then go to “Wireless networks” and select “Wi-Fi”.
- If the smartphone model is newer, then the Wi-Fi setting will be in the first lines of the settings.
Now we need to find the Wi-Fi network on our own, since the smartphone does not want to detect it automatically. To do this, click the “Add network” button. In the appeared period, enter the exact name of the network. Exact! Enter your password and you’re done.
Your smartphone should connect to the network. Congratulations, now you know how to set up a hidden network connection!
What to do if DHCP is disabled?
First you need to understand what DHCP is. It is a dynamic host configuration protocol. a network protocol that allows computers to automatically obtain an IP address and other parameters necessary for networking.
In order to connect to a router that has the DHCP function disabled, you need to check the “Additional parameters” line. A window will open in front of you where you can manually enter IP addresses, proxy server and other data to clarify the network.
Second option. enable DHCP on the router. To do this, you need to go to the router settings, which we will write below in the same article.
Connect without passwords
Many of the latest smartphones are equipped with the WPS button connection function. This is the same useless button on the router. To do this, open the Wi-Fi module in your smartphone, click the “Advanced” button and select “WPS connection”. You need to press the WPS button on the router itself. The smartphone will connect to the router without any passwords or data entry. Now you know the easiest way to connect your phone to a router.
If the problem is in the router
If all else fails, and you know for sure that everything is ok with the phone, the problem may be in the router. What are we doing:
- Connect the router to the network, check if everything is connected.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on our phone and look for the name of our router in the list and connect to it.
- The router does not work for us, so using the mobile Internet we open our favorite Google or Yandex and in the search we write 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Now we need a password. If the device has NOT been configured before, then most likely login / password. admin / admin. Sometimes the data for entering the settings is written on the back of the router. If the data has been changed, reset the router settings with the Reset button.
- Now you need to configure the connection and give your network a new name and come up with a password.
If we are talking Not entirely clear, watch the following video, where you can clearly see how to configure the router from the phone:
No professional skills are required in this. If you are too lazy to do all these manipulations yourself, ask any student who will be at hand. He surely knows how to deal with your question.
And you should start to better understand your own smartphone. You bought it Not just to call, right? Otherwise, you would buy a simple phone, not a smartphone. Yes, these are different devices. Want an article on this topic? Write your answers in the comments.
P.S. Always check for software updates on smartphones. Because the search engines often ask, “HOW TO INSTALL Wi-Fi ON THE PHONE.” It is not installed. This module is included by default. Perhaps it just works crookedly (this is Samsung’s disease).
How to connect Android phone to WI-FI router via WPS
Any standard WI-FI router offers many ways to connect devices to it. The most popular method. Enter password (WPA / WPA2) after selecting an available Wi-Fi network or hotspot on your devices. Therefore, if you want to connect your mobile phone to a Wi-Fi hotspot, you need to select the target hotspot detected by the phone and enter the password. But there is a much simpler and at the same time quite secure way to connect to any Wi-Fi network. Via WPS (short for WI-FI Protected Setup) Although it is called WPS in standard devices (such as Android phone), some routers (such as some of the TP-Link N series routers) may mark it as QSS (Quick Secure Setup) ).
Here’s how you can connect your Android smartphone to a WI-FI router via WPS or QSS (instructions for a TP-Link WI-FI router, but not much different for second routers):
- Open the WI-FI router interface in a web browser on your PC (a device already connected to the router via an Ethernet or WI-FI cable). This is usually done by entering 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the web browser and typing web interface password (usually admin username and password).
- Open the WPS or QSS section in the web interface of the router and click the Add device button.
- On your Android device, open Wi-Fi settings, open the menu and select WPS Pin Entry options. You will be shown a message with the generated PIN, please make a note of this PIN. You have to enter this PIN in the WI-FI router.
- Go back to the router’s web interface and enter the PIN generated by your Android device. Then click the Connect button.
- After a few seconds, you will see the message “connected successfully” both in the web interface of the router and on your Android smartphone.
WPS offers a fast and secure way to connect your devices to WI-FI routers, so you don’t need to enter long and cryptic passwords to connect to WI-FI networks.
Can i connect multiple phones via wifi in android. For iPhone / Android can’t connect to LetsView over Wi-Fi
Some users are unable to connect their iPhone and Android phones to LetsView over Wi-Fi. Here are some solutions for your reference.
For iPhone / Android, cannot connect via Wi-Fi. Basic solutions
- Connect your phone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Reboot your phone, computer and router to try again.
- Restart the LetsView desktop program and try again.
Check if you entered the correct PIN.
If you connect your phone to your computer using a PIN, check if you entered the correct.
If you need to mirror Android / iPhone screen on your computer, please input the computer PIN on your phone. The PIN code will be displayed in the upper right corner of the program on the desktop.
If you want to mirror your computer screen to Android / iPhone, please enter the phone PIN on your computer. The PIN will be displayed in the upper right corner of your phone.
When you plan to mirror PC 1 to PC 2, you can enter the PIN of PC 1 in the PC 2 input field.
Check your firewall
Make sure PC firewall is NOT blocking LetsView. To enable it, you need to open Control Panel System and Security Windows Firewall Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall, then you can find LetsView under Allowed apps and features. Check Private and Public ”to allow this application to communicate through Windows Firewall.
Check your antivirus software and Bonjour service.
- Make sure your antivirus software is NOT blocking LetsView. You can disable your antivirus software first and try again.
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad, make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer, then check your task manager to see if this service is available. Hold “Ctrl Alt Delete” on your keyboard or just Right-click on the taskbar to open the Task Manager. Check the Bonjour service under Services. If it is running, you need to right-click it and select Restart to try again. If it is stopped, you need to right-click to enable it. If Bonjour is available under Services, you must manually download it to your computer. Just Make sure the installer package is downloaded to your LetsView folder.
Check if the mirroring service is enabled by clicking Settings Mirroring Service.
Check your router and virtual machine
- If you are using public or corporate Wi-Fi and “AP Isolation” is enabled or the router is blocking our ports, you need to consult with your company’s technical specialists to fix the problem.
- If you are running LetsView in a virtual machine, Change the network sharing mode to “Mostovoy”.
Check network profile
- Right click on the network icon and select Open Network and Internet Settings.
Connecting two routers on the same network: Wi-Fi amplification, shared resources
Read this article to learn how to connect two or more routers to the same network. How to strengthen the Wi-Fi signal or create another access point within the existing network. We’ll look at two ways to do this. Via cable or Wi-Fi.
Why combine multiple routers into one network?
In some situations, a single router may not be enough to build a network or provide high quality Wi-Fi coverage, which means it may not be able to provide the desired Wi-Fi coverage or may not have the required number of ports for devices connected to such a network. Some rooms or areas may be out of range of your router’s Wi-Fi signal. This situation is well known to people who were involved in building a Wi-Fi network in a large house, apartment or office, consisting of many rooms. If this happens, additional hardware needs to be installed to expand the network to the desired coverage. It’s not as difficult as it might seem.
This can be done in several ways, which we will discuss in this article:
- First option. This is a connection of two or more routers with a cable. You will need to run a cable from one router to the second (s). It is not always convenient, but it is the most stable and reliable way to connect them. If you need a stable high speed network for a range of devices, routers should use a cable connection.
- Second option. Connecting routers via Wi-Fi. In this case, bridging (WDS) or repeater mode is used. In fact, they are the same, but these settings are implemented in different ways in routers from different manufacturers.
So that’s the starting point. We have a main router connected to the internet and it broadcasts a Wi-Fi network. We need to install another router, for example, in another room or on another floor. This second router will kind of strengthen the Wi-Fi network provided by the main router and will help expand the same network to cover more distant rooms.
The second router can be connected to the main router by cable or Wi-Fi.
Let’s take a closer look at both connection methods.
How to connect routers via Wi-Fi?
Most often, routers are connected via Wi-Fi, and this seems natural, as it saves effort on laying cables and drilling holes in the walls.
In my case, the main router is TP-link TL-WR841N. It broadcasts a Wi-Fi network called hetmansoftware.
Keep in mind that the router we are going to connect to in bridge mode must already be configured, that is, the Internet connection must be up and running, and the Wi-Fi network is broadcast.
There is a dedicated article on how to set up your router and a detailed video tutorial to guide you through the process. You can view these materials for a better understanding.
Before proceeding to configuring the second router, you need to change the wireless settings of the main router so that the channel for this network is static and not automatic.
For example, if your main router. Another TP-Link, you can change the channel in the settings by visiting the Wireless tab. In the Channel field, specify a static channel. For example: 1 or 9, whatever. Save settings.
Now that the static link is established, you can exit the basic settings of the router.
The mood of the router, which will work in WDS mode. In my case, TP-Link Archer C20 is used as a specific model. Go to the router settings.
First you need to change the IP address of the second router. You should avoid the situation where two devices with the same IP address are on the same network. For example, if the primary router has an IP address of 192.168.0.1 and the other router also has an address of 192.168.0.1, the two will conflict. Go to the Network / LAN tab. In the IP address field, change the last digit. Let’s say put 2 instead of 1. Or, as in my case, change it from 192.From 168.1.1 to 192.168.0.2. Save changed settings.
Why should you do it this way? You need to know the IP address of the main router to which you are going to connect. If it has an address of 192.168.1.1, then the address of the router you want to connect to via WDS should be changed to 192.168.1.2. If the primary router is 192.168.0.1, you must assign the following address to the second router: 192.168.0.2. It is important that both routers are on the same subnet.
Go to the settings again, but this time the IP addresses will be the second. 192.168.0.2. The one that you indicated earlier.
Go to the Wireless / Basic Settings tab. In the Wireless Network Name field, you can specify the name of the second wireless network. In the Channel field, make sure you are specifying the same channel that you specified in the settings of the main router. In my case, this is channel 9.
Now check the Enable WDS box, and click Scan.
From the list, select the network from which your router will connect to the Internet. Click the Connect link next to the network you selected.
Now all that remains is to specify the password for the main network in the Password field. Enter it and click the Save button.
After rebooting, go to the settings of the second router again. From the home page (Status tab), look at the Wireless section. The WDS Status line must indicate Enabled. This means that the second router has already connected to the main router, and now it should broadcast Wi-Fi.
However, Internet connection will only be available over Wi-Fi, and if you connect the devices to a router (operating in WDS mode) with a cable, they will NOT be able to access the Internet.
To properly configure this function, you need to disable the DHCP server of the router on which the WDS bridge is configured, that is, for the router, which in my case is secondary. It is also necessary that its local IP address is in the same subnet to which the main (main) router belongs.
Therefore, you need to enter the DHCP menu of the secondary router and disable this function.
This is the final step in connecting two routers over Wi-Fi.
Find the correct location to place the second router so that it is within range of the primary router. Set the desired wireless network name and password. We have already described this step in detail in our article in setting up the Wi-Fi router mode.
How to build a network of multiple routers using a cable?
There are two ways to connect multiple routers into one network using a cable. These are:
The so-called LAN / LAN connection. That is, building a network consisting of several routers by connecting their LAN ports using a network cable.
And LAN / WAN connection. That is, building a network consisting of several routers by connecting the LAN port of the primary router to the WAN / Internet port of the secondary router using a network cable.
Let’s consider each of them in detail.
LAN / LAN connection
In the case of a LAN / LAN connection, take two routers and decide which one you want to use as your main device, usually a router that gets a cable to connect to the Internet from your ISP.
Use a network cable to connect the LAN ports of the primary router to the secondary (secondary) router.
Let’s assume we have already configured the Internet connection for the first router, so I will skip this step. If the primary router does not already have an Internet connection, troubleshoot this issue. Just read our article on basic Wi-Fi router settings.
Connect to the first device
And check if DHCP server is enabled on it. It is usually enabled by default. To do this, go to the DHCP / DHCP Settings menu.
If DHCP server is disabled, enable it.
Remember to save your changes.
Then connect to the second device,
And Disable the DHCP server because it will get all the address from the main router. To do this, go to the DHCP / DHCP Settings menu.
If DHCP server is enabled, Disable it.
In the Network / LAN section, change the IP addresses so that they do not match the address of the main router. For example, change it to 192.168.0.2. Since the main router has 192.168.0.1
After reboot, the secondary router should work in the same network with the first (primary / primary), receive an Internet connection from it and work as an access point.
LAN / WAN connection.
The second way is to combine two routers into one network. Using a network cable.
In case of LAN / WAN connection Use a network cable to connect the LAN port of the primary router to the WAN / Internet port of the second (secondary) router.
Connect to the first device:
And check if DHCP server is enabled on it. It is usually enabled by default. To do this, go to the DHCP / DHCP Settings menu.
If DHCP server is disabled, enable it.
Remember to save your changes.
Then connect to the second device,
For the second device, go to the Net / WAN section and set the Connection Type as Dynamic IP. Save changes.
In the DHCP section, leave the DHCP server enabled.
If you plan to use the LAN ports of the secondary router, make sure their IP address does not conflict with the corresponding IP address of the primary router.
That is, if your primary router is in the range of 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199, it is better to have a secondary router range of 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.0.299, but always within the primary subnet.
Then you can start a separate access point for each of the routers. If you did everything correctly, both routers will be connected to the Internet, will work on the same network and have access to network devices.
These were all ways to connect multiple routers to the same network, wired or wireless.
If you have any questions about Combining multiple routers into one network, you can ask them by posting a comment.