Changing access rights often solves this problem as well. You need:
Windows Explorer via the HOME button. the Music folder, there you will find the iTunes folder. right-click on it, then select Properties. 3.
Now in the window that opens, you need to remove the checkbox opposite the “Read only” item. After that, just click on OK to save your changes.
After that, a window may appear in which you will be asked to apply the changes made to this folder and all files in it. Agree!
It is possible that the cause of error 54 was the accumulation of old backups. The correct solution is to get rid of old and unnecessary backup files.
In iTunes, click “iTunes”. “Settings”. “Devices”.
You will see a list of backup files. Click on the “Delete backup” button to delete each file.
If all else fails
If none of the above works, try to forcefully restore your device through Recovery Mode. This method involves installing a “clean” firmware, thereby neutralizing possible incompatibility.
The current version can be downloaded from many sites, most users on the forums recommend doing this on the site. Be careful when choosing a firmware.
Just select your model and download the file from the link that appears below. Then we follow the instructions:
- The first thing we do before installation is to disable the Find iPhone function in the iCloud settings. Additionally, we create a copy of all data for the possibility of subsequent recovery.
- We turn off the device, disconnect the cable. Turn on iTunes in parallel.
- Hold down the “Home” button and connect the USB (you need to do it at the same time). On the “top ten” we press in the following sequence: “volume” → “- volume” → “lock key”.
- We are waiting for a response from iTunes on the PC, should give a warning about problems and the option “Update”.
- On the smartphone, select the item “Restore to RM”, wait for the end of operations.
we work with a code or password
Due to certain lags in the system, the iOS update may be interrupted when the device is actively protected. If such a security function is temporarily disabled, everything should work. Then you can turn it on again.
- Open the “Settings” application.
- If the problem is updating the iPhone 7, then turn off Touch ID or password protection. On iPhone X and newer. deactivating Face ID.
- In the section with your type of protection, select the option “Disable protection”.
Now it’s worth trying to update again, there is a good chance that it will work out.
Additional tips to fix the error
There are many cases in which the above tips did not help. For them, we have compiled a list of other ways to fix it, most likely they should already help.
- Restarting iPhone and Computer.
- Launch iTunes with administrator rights (can be done by right-clicking).
- Checking the correct time on iPhone and computer.
- We install a new version of the operating system, that is, we update Windows with a built-in tool.
- Disable third-party antiviruses.
- Deactivate VPN, proxy, firewall.
- We use a different connection cable and try an alternative connector on the computer.
- Disable all unnecessary programs, even better. start Windows in safe mode.
Today that’s all that is known about error 4000 when trying to update an iPhone, and most users respond positively to such methods. If the failure has not been fixed so far, we can only refer to technical problems at Apple itself. We recommend that you try to update a little later, then the servers may be less loaded and work more stably.
Error while syncing iTunes and iPhone / iPad. how to fix?
ITunes is regularly reported. Every now and then errors take off, which is very annoying and takes a lot of time from users. Often, when syncing iPhone, iTunes will give error 54 (error 54). In this article, we will explain why error 54 appears when syncing iPhone with iTunes and what are the ways to fix it and avoid it.
If the methods above do not work, please use Tenorshare TunesCare. It can fix the error automatically. All that is required of you is the following:
Download TunesCare software to your computer from the official website. Install it.
Connect your mobile device to your computer using a USB cable. The program will automatically recognize it.
Click on the “Fix iTunes problems” button in the program window and wait for the process to complete.
IPhone might not sync with error 54 because there is a software glitch with your computer or mobile device. A simple reboot can clear the error. For this you need:
- Restart the PC using the standard method.
- Force reset your Apple gadget. To do this, press and hold the shutdown button and the round return or Home key located at the bottom of the screen. Release them after turning off the device.
- After turning on both devices, synchronize.
Causes of occurrence
The problem occurs when the mobile device is synchronized with the iTunes application on the computer (PC). A window pops up with the inscription: “Unable to sync iPhone [phone name on the network]. An unknown error has occurred (-54) “.
When copying files, Error 54 may also appear with the following message: “An attempt to copy to disk [network phone name] failed. An unknown error has occurred 54 “.
- outdated version of iTunes;
- updates are installed incorrectly;
- too much data;
- not enough storage space;
- non-original applications are copied;
- files are saved on an unauthorized computer.
Tenorshare TunesCare is another program for checking and fixing bugs in iTunes. To launch it you need:
- Download application for Windows XP / 7/8/10 or Mac OS X9. 10.14.
- Install and open the application.
- Connect mobile device.
- After the program detects the device model, click on “Fix all iTunes errors” and wait for the application to close.
The cause of the error may be incorrect functioning of third-party programs or blocking iTunes by antivirus software. Before troubleshooting, you need to update the software on your computer and gadget. Follow these steps:
- Checking the iOS version. Go to the device settings, in the “Software updates” menu and click on it. The search for new versions will start. If found, download them.
- Install the latest iTunes release.
- Update your computer’s OS.
- Launch the app and check sync.
If the error persists, you need to suspend the antivirus software. If the synchronization process is successful, go to the antivirus settings and add iTunes to the exclusion lists. After that, the security programs will stop blocking the application.
Moving media files to the iTunes Media folder
By default, all content is stored in the iTunes Media directory. But it is possible that the files will be saved in a different location, due to incorrect user actions or a crash in the application. Then, when transferring them, an error 54 may appear.
You need to move the content to the “iTunes Media” folder by following the steps:
- In the main line of the application, click on the item “File”
- Select “Media Library” and click on the inscription “Organize Library”.
- A tab will appear in which you need to mark the item “Collect files” and confirm.
The error can appear when trying to “transfer” PDF files from the Apple gadget to your computer. For example, when transferring an e-book. In this case, it is better to take a workaround.
First, send the book by email using the Share option. Then download files from mail to PC.
Re-identification in the system can be a solution to the problem. You can do it like this:
- Log out of your computer account. In iTunes, click on the “Account” menu and select “Sign Out”.
- Remove PC from authorization by clicking in the “Account” menu on the “Deauthorize this computer” tab.
- A window will appear in which you will need to enter your Apple ID and password to confirm deauthorization.
- Next, a new authorization of the computer is carried out.
- After logging in, try copying the files to your computer. If there is no error, then the problem is solved.
Delete sync history
Another option to resolve unknown error 54 is to reset the sync cache. To do this, you should:
- Go to the application settings and mark the “Devices” tab.
- At the bottom of the window, the message “Reset sync history” will appear. Click on it.
- Close application.
- Find on the PC the “SC Info” folder located in the “Apple Computer” directory.
- Restart your computer and enable sync.
How To Fix Error 54 On IPhone
Ways to Fix Error 54 in iTunes
There are several ways to fix the problem, each of which is relevant depending on the source of the problem. As a rule, unknown error 54 in iTunes appears when transferring data from the device, as a result of purchases on the iPhone, if they were made using another device. It can also occur when copying applications, etc. When a notification about iTunes error 54 occurs, you can often just click on the “Ok” button and the window will disappear and the synchronization will continue. But such a Focus does not always work, so if the failure is not eliminated, you need to try alternately available solutions aimed at eliminating the possible causes of the problem.
Clearing the sync cache in iTunes
In some cases, clearing the sync cache also helps. To complete the procedure, you need to reset the history in the synchronization settings, then delete the SC Info folder from the Apple Computer directory. After that, a computer restart is required.
Logging out of the iTunes account and re-authorization often helps to cope with error 54. The procedure will require the following actions:
- in the main iTunes menu, go to the “Store” (or “Account”) section;
- choose “Exit”;
- return to the “Store” tab and click “Deauthorize this computer”;
- the window that appears will prompt you to enter the Apple ID, drive it into the appropriate line;
- confirm the action with the “Deauthorize” button;
- now you need to log in again, which requires the opposite actions: “Store”. “Authorize this computer” (or “Account”. “Authorization”. “Authorize this computer”);
- in a new window, enter the Apple ID, confirm the action.
After the manipulations, we try to start synchronization. It is also worth making sure that you are signed in on your smartphone and computer with the same Apple ID.
Removing the program completely and then installing the latest available version sometimes also effectively solves the problem. You should uninstall iTunes with all its components from the section of the software stored on the computer by going to it using the control panel. After removing and restarting the PC, download the latest version of iTunes from the official source.
Removing old backups
The program does not update the backups, but creates new ones, which over time leads to clutter and iTunes errors. It is not difficult to correct the situation; before the procedure, we disconnect the Apple device from the computer. The accumulation of old backups is deleted in this way:
- go to the “Edit” section from the main menu;
- select “Settings”;
- in the window that appears, click “Devices”;
- from here you can see a list of available backups;
- delete by pressing the corresponding button.
The simplest but most effective universal method of getting rid of a software failure is to reboot devices. In standard mode, we restart the computer or laptop, as well as the smartphone forcibly, after which you can try to perform the synchronization procedure.
Combining Files in the iTunes Media Folder
The program stores files in the “iTunes Media” directory, but due to failures or user actions, they can be scattered, which leads to error 54. You can combine the files in the library like this:
- from the section of the main menu, select “File”, from where we go to the subsection “Media Library”. “Organize a library”;
- mark the item “Collect files” in the window that appears and click “OK”.
How to sync iPhone and iPad with each other?
Setting up iPhone / iPad syncing with iTunes over Wi-Fi
- Connect your device to your computer with a certified USB cable.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the button with the connected device.
- On the Overview tab, under Options, check the box next to Sync with this (your device type) over Wi-Fi.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New?
If your current iPhone or iPad is running iOS 12.4 or later, or iPadOS, you can perform a device-to-device migration to transfer data directly from your old device to your new one. This can be done wirelessly or by connecting the devices to each other using a cable.
Is it possible to go back to the old version of iOS?
If you want to return to a non-previous version of iOS, you must first download the firmware file with the ipsw extension from the Internet, and then install it by connecting the phone to the computer. With the release of new versions of iOS, Apple stops signing older versions. Maximum “you can take one step back.” May 4, 2020.
Why iTunes doesn’t see iPhone?
Make sure your Mac or Windows computer has the latest software. … If you are using iTunes, make sure the latest version is installed. Make sure the device is turned on.
How to unlock iPhone via iTunes?
While holding the Home button, connect iPhone to iTunes. If iPhone does not turn on automatically, turn it on manually while holding the Home button. Continue holding the Home button until the Connect to iTunes screen appears. ITunes will inform you that it has found a device in recovery mode.
How to sync on iPhone?
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Browse on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi”.
- Click the Apply button.
What’s the latest version of iTunes?
iTunes 10.6.3 is the last version of iTunes to support Mac computers with Mac OS X 10.5.8 or PowerPC processors.
Why iTunes won’t sync iPhone?
It often happens that iPhone won’t sync with iTunes. The reasons for this error can be different: a failure in the device itself, an outdated version of the program, a damaged USB cable. … Solve iPhone and iTunes sync problems.
Ways to Resolve Error 54 in iTunes
Typically, error code 54 informs the user that iTunes is having problems transferring purchases from the connected Apple device to the program. Accordingly, further user actions should be aimed at eliminating this problem.
Apple is working to improve its gadgets. She releases more and more new firmware. Some users have been using the standard for a long time, believing that no problems can arise from this. The new variants not only offer additional enhancements, but also fix discovered issues.
In order to use the latest version, you need to follow the updates and install them on your gadget. In this case, it will be guaranteed that the user is applying the most recent version. If error 54 appears, it is recommended to check for updates and flash.
Fix unknown error.54 when syncing iPhone
The causes of the error can indicate many phenomena. New versions of the operating system, iTunes or iOS, include new features and fixes for previous bugs. While it is not known if iTunes error 54 is caused by a system error, it is better to update iTunes to the latest version and iPhone / iPad / iPod to the latest iOS version. If the problem is not resolved, then Apple advises the following: click OK to continue syncing. If the content does not sync, delete the iTunes library files and check for problems with third-party software that can be easily found on the Internet. It is also recommended to write to Support, where employees will provide qualified assistance.
It may appear when using unofficial firmware. If you encounter such an error, it means that there is no LLB (Low Level Bootloader) in it, which is responsible for booting the system.
Solution: Download new custom firmware.
Trying to upgrade from one custom firmware to another custom firmware
Solution: Before flashing, enter the device into Recovery Mode or DFU Mode
Kernel Panic. This error is similar to the Blue Screen of Death in Windows computers. It means that there was a failure in the kernel of the iOS system.
Solution: Practically does not occur when using standard firmware. If you are using unofficial firmware, then you need to look for a new one.
Remove obsolete copies of the application
ITunes allows you to work comfortably with your iPhone. However, one should not forget that the creators continue to actively work on improving it. They release updates designed to improve quality and reliability. Sometimes users do not pay attention to them and continue to use the outdated version.
In fact, this can create problems with iTunes, including creating errors during synchronization. You should always use the most recent version of the software, installing all available updates. In some cases, this will help prevent the error in question from occurring.
What to do if synchronization cannot be performed due to program errors is described in the video
This error is very rare, because it appears when flashing an iPhone of past generations to an unofficial firmware with hacking and an ASR patch.
Solution: Find a different firmware.