See how to connect via the Internet to the QSee recorder from the monitoring kit from UControl. The other registrars are configured in the same way.
Dynamic address setting
In the corresponding field (hostname), enter your own domain name registered in the DDNS service. Next, you need to enter a login in the service and a password. The next step is to fine-tune all the necessary ports.
When configuring the system via the Internet, you can use several available options: cloud surveillance, using a dynamic address. When installing the system using the cloud observation option, nothing complicated comments.
The registrar will register itself in the network at the first connection, so no action is required from the user. If automatic registration did not occur, then you can always specify the IP addresses of the camera yourself in your personal account. This system setup option is quite easy to use and does NOT require a significant amount of time.
The second option for setting up the system is associated with the introduction of a dynamic IP-address.
Here, everyone can go in two ways: setting up directly through the Internet, or through a router. But in any case, this type of setting is much more complicated and less secure than the previous one.
This is why every installed system can be hacked. In order to set up a monitoring system for the Internet, you need to register the IP-addresses of the installed camera in the address bar of the browser.
You can also use your own DynDNS account. When setting up the system through a router, you need to spend a little more of your time. Here you need to configure the Corresponding ports and dynamic address with all the necessary parameters. Each router has its own interface, so in order to correctly perform the process of configuring the registrars, you must strictly follow the instructions for a specific type of router.
No special mayor is required to set up a surveillance camera. Here, the whole process is almost done manually. In order to correctly configure the camera, you need to adjust the focus of the camera, that is, the range of its operation.
It will be very difficult to complete this process with your own hands, therefore, an assistant is often used for such a setting.
It is important to remember that fine-tuning the camera in detail will help to avoid negative consequences during operation in the future. The surveillance camera should be set to move and record on the recorder, if it is NOT an IP camera with a built-in motion detector and the ability to record on a memory card.
How to set up a surveillance system?
In order to properly configure the surveillance system, you need to configure two main components: the camera and the registrator.
As a rule, the process of setting up analog systems, which are used for a house, a summer residence, an apartment, an office, is limited only to setting up THESE two categories. When configuring the IP system, you need to install additional network devices.
Thus, in order to determine the choice of a specific system, as well as to understand the options for the installation process, it is necessary to familiarize yourself in more detail with all the nuances and advantages of each option for installing the system. It is very important to consider all the personal characteristics of each device. This will help you make the right decision, which in turn will determine the reliability and durability of a particular system.
Configuration via utilities
Another way to set up your IP camera is through a proprietary utility. To do this, use a disk that was included in the set of the device. The first thing they do is connect all the surveillance cameras to the network through a router. Further steps depend on the brand of the device.
Configuring the camera through utilities will be covered through a model from TRENDnet. The disk of such a device is equIPped with two programs.
Surveillance IP camera setup: connect and configure
An IP camera is a digital camera that transmits an image in a digital stream over a network. Such a device is not just a device connected to a receiver or transmitter, but a full-fledged particIPant in the network. The camera has the ability to connect via wire or WI-FI, depending on the model. The connection and setup procedure is easy to perform independently. The main thing is to know how to do it correctly.
- Difference from a webcam
- Types of devices
- Where to install?
- Connection and configuration
- Setting up on a router
- Configuration via utilities
- P2P device setup
With the help of such a program, you can add all images to one control panel, which are displayed in the “Live View” menu in the web interface, where one image is displayed from each device.
To do this, perform the following manIPulations:
- Install the program and run the application;
- Enter the “Settings” menu;
- In the item “Camera List” select one of the devices;
- Click on the “Add Camera” button;
- Enter the login and password of the device in the corresponding columns.
Difference from a webcam
Webcam and IP device are different devices, contrary to the opinion of some users. The webcam mechanism allows you to communicate with other people via Skype or other similar programs. The IP device is designed to monitor and display pictures in a digital stream.
Connection and configuration
The device is connected to a computer and a surveillance camera is set up. The installation process goes like this:
- Fix the antenna;
- The device is connected to the network;
- The provider’s network cable connects the device and the computer.
After that, the IP camera is configured:
- Login to the “Network Control Center” section;
- Go to the sub-item “Local Area Connection”;
- Select the “Properties” tab;
- Open “Protocol version 4”;
- IP addresses are driven into the corresponding window, which is indicated on the device case;
- Login to the browser;
- The address of the surveillance camera is driven into the search bar;
- Enter the file with device settings;
- Enter the login and password in the windows, which are indicated on the box from the device.
If only one device needs to be connected to the Internet, the procedure will be completed. If there are several cameras, then they act as follows:
- Change IP addresses. To do this, put an icon in front of the inscrIPtion “Fixed IP” and drive in the data. To perform manIPulations, you need router addresses. The same address is set for the camera, but the last digit is changed.
- Opposite the inscrIPtion “Port Number” enter or select the numbers 8181. If there is such a setting, set the value of the WEB port 80 and save.
- The cable is disconnected from the computer and inserted into the LAN port on the router. After that, on the computer, they enter the local network connection settings. Clears all parameters, and then ticks the boxes opposite to automatically obtain IP and DNS.
- Return the patch cord back to the network card. They go to the new device address and enter the username and password in the appropriate columns. After that, go to the “Wireless” sub-item. Enter all the data of the Wi-Fi network. Settings save and reboot the device.
- The camera is turned off, the second device is connected and the procedure is repeated. The address for the camera is set to the same as for the previous device, but the last digit is changed, and the numbers 8282 are entered into the port window. ManIPulations are carried out for all available devices, changing only the Specified data.
The camera can be connected to an Android and iOS smartphone. Details in:
Setting up on a router
If we talk about how to connect an IP camera to a router, then they do it as follows. Connect the router to the camera. To do this, either use the Corresponding wire, or make a connection using Wi-Fi.
Port forwarding is done so that the router shows the desired camera when accessing the local network address from the external one. To do this, go to the “Port Forwarding” section or any other similar one. Before that, in front of the inscrIPtion “Virtual Server” put an icon.
Then fill in the following columns:
- Service name. give any name;
- Port range. assign the value specified above (for the first camera it is 8181, for the second 8282, etc.);
- Corresponding IP camera addresses;
- Local port, which was specified during device setup;
- TCP Protocol and Corresponding Number.
The same manIPulations are performed for all devices, changing the data. Then proceed as follows. In the browser search bar enter the following data: “http: // static_external_provider_address: 8181”.
If the IP address is dynamic white, then the procedure is performed through the DynDNS service. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Enter the router settings;
- Go to the “WAN” sub-item;
- Select the “DDNS” tab;
- Put a check mark in front of the “Yes” in the “Enable DDNS” column, set the Corresponding parameters and save them.
Camera connection via router completed.
For instructions on installing and configuring the surveillance system, see the format:
Types of devices
There are several types of IP cameras:
Depending on the place of use, the following devices are distinguished:
- Indoor use.
Various types of devices are used for monitoring. The main thing is to correctly install and configure the camera.
Take a look. Where the models of the best PTZ IP cameras for the home are described:
It can be used to change the factory settings. The program is installed on the PC, after which a window appears on the screen, where all cameras that are connected to the device are indicated. Their name and address are indicated.
After the window appears, perform the following manIPulations:
- Click the cursor on the camera name;
- The device is given its own name and authorized;
- Set new IP addresses according to the range used in the local network.
After that, in the search window of the browser, you can set a new IP address of the device and configure the device accordingly:
- In the “Network” menu, the main parameters are configured;
- Section “Event Config” allows you to configure the motion detector and control it;
- The “Event Setting” menu allows you to configure E-mail or FTP, where the data in the recordings from the surveillance camera is received;
- Section “Shedule Profile” allows you to set a schedule for the device to operate at a specified time or around the clock.
Where to install?
Correct installation of the IP camera is a guarantee of normal operation. Since the device works on WI-FI, it is important that it is located near the router. If you place the device too far away, there will be problems with image transmission and there will be regular failures of a different nature.
However, it is also not recommended to place the camera too close to the receiver to avoid interference with the router. Bottom line. the device should be placed at an average distance from the router.
Camera setup in Windows 10
Microsoft introduced a special utility in Windows 10 through which communication is carried out. But a novice user often has difficulties with turning on the webcam for the first time, and not knowing where to find it and how to install the drivers if they are NOT installed automatically.
- Open “Start”, where we go to the general list of applications and look for the “Camera” service;
- The monitor displays detailed information about the application. If the webcam is configured correctly, then it is activated and you will see the image from it.
As you can see, it is not difficult to turn on the webcam, right after this action you can use all its capabilities.
Probable driver problems
If you did NOT find your webcam in the “device manager” or it is indicated as unrecognized hardware, then for its normal operation you will need to download the drivers. This can be done using the capabilities of Windows 10. the system will find them in its database and automatically download to your computer. To do this, right-click on the hardware and select “Update driver”. We select the automatic search method if you have NOT previously downloaded the driver to your computer. Then they will be automatically downloaded from the Internet and installed on your computer.
There is another way. visit the device manufacturer’s website and download the current version of the drivers from there.
Connecting and configuring an external camera
An external camera is a separate device that is connected to the USB port of a computer. The design and shape of the device can vary greatly, which primarily depends on the manufacturer. Many models have a built-in microphone, thereby avoiding unnecessary financial costs. For connection, it is recommended to use active extension cables, which will provide the webcam with additional power, which has a positive effect on the signal quality. With the active cable, the camera can be placed up to 10 meters from the computer, while when using the passive cable, the limit is set at 5 meters.
The set with the camera includes a disk containing all the drivers and software from the manufacturer necessary for operation. To configure the camera, connect it via the USB port, turn it on, if the corresponding key is provided on the case, Install the disk into the drive and load the driver. With the help of software from the manufacturer, you can adjust the microphone volume, turn the camera on and off. In most cases, you don’t even need to install drivers. the system finds them automatically after connecting the device.
Checking and disabling the webcam
To disable the webcam, you need to follow the following path: Start. Settings. Privacy. Camera. Before us there is a functionality that allows you to activate and deactivate it. If you have any problems with the performance of the camera, then proceed as follows:
- Go to Start. Settings. System;
- In the window that appears, select the “About system” item, it will be on the left. Pay attention to the right block, where you need to find and select “Device Manager”;
- We find the column “Image processing devices”, expand the list and right-click on the name of the webcam. Here you can turn it off and start it, update drivers and view properties.
The quality of the connection is affected by the characteristics of the available graphics equIPment. If you have fast internet, but at the same time the picture has a lot of noise, then there will be no way to influence this. The only way to solve the problem is to buy a new camera.
Opening access to applications for working with the camera
Often the camera does not work in some programs, which may be limited access. Removing it is very easy, for this GoPro do the following:
- Go to “Options”;
- Section “Confidentiality”;
- We select the applications that need to be GRANTED access and move the switch opposite them to the “On” position.
We hope that our text and screenshots helped you connect and set up the webcam correctly.
Camera setup in the Skype app
Not so long ago, Microsoft began to actively promote the Skype application, which is available for download on computers for Windows 8 and 10. This application differs from the usual version of Skype in that it is optimized for use on touch devices. In addition, there is a much more minimalistic interface and a thinner set of settings, including those that allow you to configure the camera.
Configuring the camera in Skype
Creation of conferences and negotiations is one of the main features of the Skype program. But in order for everything to happen very correctly, you need to correctly configure the camera in the program. Let’s find out how to turn on the camera and configure it for communication in Skype.
For those users who have a laptop with a built-in camera, the task of connecting the device is not worth it. Those users who have a PC with a built-in camera need to purchase it and connect it to the computer. When choosing a camera, first of all, decide what it is for. After all, there is no point in overpaying for functionality, which in fact will not be used.
When connecting the camera to a PC, make sure that the plug is firmly in the connector. And most importantly, DO NOT mix up the connectors. If the camera came with an installer disc, use it when connecting. All necessary drivers will be installed from it, which guarantees maximum compatibility of the camera with a computer.
In order to configure the camera directly in Skype, open the “Tools” section of this application, and go to the “Settings”.
Next, go to the subsection “Settings”.
A window opens in front of us in which you can configure the camera. First of all, we check if the camera we need is selected. This is especially true if another camera is connected to the computer, or if another device was previously connected to it and used in Skype. In order to check whether Skype sees the correct camera, we look at which device is indicated in the upper part of the window after the “Select webcam” inscrIPtion. If another camera is indicated there, then click on the name, and select the device that is required.
In order to make Direct settings for the selected device, click on the button “Webcam settings”.
In the window that opens, you can adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, clarity, gamma, white balance, shooting against the light, gain, and color of the image that is broadcast by the camera. Most of THESE adjustments are made by simply dragging the slider to the right or left. Thus, the user can customize the image transmitted by the camera to his liking. However, on some cameras, some of the settings described above are not available. After completing all the settings, Do not forget to name the button “OK”.
If for any reason the Settings made did not suit you, then they can always be reset to the initial ones, simply by clicking on the “Default” button.
For the parameters to take effect, in the “Settings” window, you need to click on the “Save” button.
As you can see, setting up a webcam to work in Skype is not so difficult as it seems at first glance. Actually, the whole procedure can be divided into two large groups: connecting the camera to a computer, and setting up a camera in Skype.
Configuring the camera in Skype
The Skype computer program has a fairly wide range of settings that allow you to customize your webcam to suit your requirements.
Turning on the camera and checking the functionality
- Launch the Skype app. Click on the gear icon in the lower left corner to go to the application settings.
A window will appear on the screen, in the upper part of which is located the block “” we need. Near the item “” open the drop-down list and select the camera that will shoot you in the program. In our case, the laptop is equIPped with only one webcam, so it is the only one available on the list.
Actually, there are no other possibilities for setting up the camera in the Skype application, therefore, if you need more fine-tuning of the image, giving preference to the familiar Skype for Windows.