How to remove sound when photographing without jailbreak
You don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone and do other weird things to take pictures in silence.
After all, all actions are easy and simple to perform without using a jailbreak:
- Few people know :), but you can turn off sound alerts simply by turning on silent mode. To do this, use the switch on the side of the device.
- Another secret information. if the silent mode switch is suddenly broken, then similar actions can be done by going to Settings. Sounds. Call and warnings. Unscrew the slider to a minimum.
- You can also take pictures silently as follows: in the standard Music application, turn on the song, then simply turn down the volume until it disappears completely. But we do not stop the song itself or turn it off. We minimize the Music application, go to the camera and take a photo. you will not hear “clicks”.
- As we know, you can take pictures while filming. This also happens silently, despite the maximum speaker volume. However, other noises may be added, but that’s a slightly different story. This method is bad because it will take a lot of memory and the quality of the resulting images will be lower.
- You can connect headphones to the iPhone and then all sound notifications will be “sent” to them. Plus, it becomes possible to take a picture using the volume up button on the headphones. Those who do not want to carry a lot of wires can make a plug from old non-working “ears”. To do this, simply cut off the plug and insert it into the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone. Compact, beautiful (well, how do you do it) and silent!
Let’s move on to more radical solutions
How to turn off camera sound on iPhone?
Good time! I don’t know why you needed to conduct silent shooting (for example, I was never annoyed by the characteristic “click” of the camera shutter) on my iPhone, but I really hope that for some good and kind purposes. as our beloved Minister of Sports says “everything there must be a know-how of criminality “:). And since the goal is good, then you can help! In the end, this is exactly what this site was created for.!
In fact, there are quite a lot of ways to turn off the camera sounds (and not just through the settings, as it might seem at first glance). What are these methods? Now we will deal with all this Let’s get started!
Disabling camera shutter sound using jailbreak
Well, to be more precise, by replacing the corresponding file. Jelbreak is needed only in order to gain full access to the system and get to the file responsible for the sound when photographing. I will not tell you how to jailbreak. here it will not work out in a nutshell. Therefore, those who have it read on, and the rest can only use the methods indicated above or learn how to hack the device (if the camera clicks are very annoying).
- We connect the iPhone to the computer and using any file manager, for example, iFunBox or iFile, open the folder along this path / System / Library / Audio / UISounds. Here you need to find the photoShutter.caf file.
- Change its name to any, it is better to just add 1 digit. Having received something like photoShutter1.caf. What is it for and why can’t you just delete it? It’s just that this way you have the original file and you can always return it back.
- Download this file (link to Yandex.Disk) and replace the original photoShutter.caf with it.
- We try to take a picture and enjoy the fact that everything happens silently!
Why bother with all this jailbreak, file system and other things??
The fact is that there are iPhone models on which the sound cannot be removed in any way, except for this. They are intended mainly for sale in the markets of Asian countries (Japan, Korea, etc.), where such things (turning off the sound of the camera shutter when photographing) are prohibited at the legislative level, which means that it will not work out in the usual ways.
Removing sound using programs and applications
When choosing a program for removing audio recordings from videos for iPhones, you need to use the provided opportunities when working with an audio track, namely:
- cropping, cropping, combining video clips;
- application of effects: filtering, overlays, etc.;
- viewing the modified video without leaving the program;
- simplicity of the interface.
How to unscale video on iPhone
You can highlight an audio file from any video on iPhone and delete it. You can turn off the sound on the video on the iPhone using special programs or the button located on the side. The functionality of the former allows you to completely erase the audio recording, as well as fragments. All actions can only be performed using an Apple device. It is not necessary to use a computer.
Movavi Video Editor
The program is downloaded from the Internet and installed on your computer. Steps to follow when using Movavi:
- Moving the video. Click “File”. “Add media” or move with the mouse.
- Removing sound. Left-click on the sound icon. It will turn red and crossed out.
- Saving a video file. Click “File”. “Save movie to media file”, select the format in which the clip will be played and save the movie to your computer.
iPhone Video Recording No Sound Front or Back Camera in iOS 13/13.4. Fixed
We recommend saving the video in mp4 format so that the iPhone can play it without any problems.
Removing sound using the CloudConvert service
In the absence of the necessary application, you can also make a video without sound on the iPhone online. There are several ways, one of them is editing in an online service, for this:
- Find and open the cloudconvert.com website in any browser (it is better to work on a computer).
- Click on Select files.
- In the window that opens, find the desired video, open it (it will take some time to download).
- Press the button with the image of a wrench.
- In the Audio Codec line, select “None (remove audio track)”, then Ok.
- Click on the Start Conversion button.
- When the operation is complete, click Download.
The algorithm of actions for this method is as follows:
- Launch the iMovie app and create a new project.
- Click “Movie” and select a video.
- Click on the timeline. a yellow frame appears. Move the volume slider all the way to the left to remove the sound on the video, and click “Finish”.
- We save the finished movie without sound to any folder.
The ability to remove noise from videos that annoys hearing is provided by special applications or smartphone functions. This allows you to view the recordings calmly, without being distracted by extraneous sounds. If necessary, the video can be dubbed at your own discretion.
Sound works only in headphones
The external speaker stops playing sounds because the phone is still in headset mode. There are various reasons for this failure, for example, moisture or dirt has got into the connector, but there are also cases when a software error is to blame, as well as damage to the speaker due to impact.
Like all devices, iPhones also have lags, so the very first thing to do to fix the problem is to restart your iPhone.
If, after rebooting, the sound does not appear, then you need to carefully clean the 3.5 mm jack from dust and dirt. This can be done with a toothpick, twisted napkin or cotton swab.
Clean the power connector in the same way.
In case of a software error, which usually occurs after updating the iOS version, you just need to first connect the headphones, then connect a wireless speaker or headset, then disconnect the headphones.
If none of the methods helped, then you need to contact the service center and carry out diagnostics.
Cleaning the iPhone speaker
The earpiece speaker for iPhone is exposed to dirt and dust. Cleaning the earpiece is an effective way to troubleshoot no sound on your device during a call.
Use a small, sharp, non-metallic object (such as a toothpick) to remove dust and debris from the receptacle, or a soft bristled toothbrush.
In addition, this method of cleaning the speaker can be an effective preventive measure.
No sound during a call: checking the volume level
To check the preset volume level on your iPhone, use the volume buttons on the side panel. Therefore, check the volume setting on your device before making or receiving calls.
What to do if iPhone sound is not working
Agree, there is little pleasant in the fact that you cannot listen to music on your favorite iPhone, or in a situation when problems with sound do not allow you to answer an important call in time. The problem is serious and needs to be solved as soon as possible.
Restarting your iPhone is one of the most effective ways to fix any problems with your device, including no sound. To restart, turn iPhone off and on again.
By the way, you can try one very tricky trick. It helps when everything is in order with the phone itself. After all, if the sound on the iPhone disappears, you can complain about the usual system failure. Such phenomena can happen on any phone for various reasons.
Usually the situation is subject to a simple correction. First, you can restart your iPhone. Reboot the system. Here’s what will help to get all settings back to normal and eliminate even minor glitches. This is not my favorite trick.
Subscribers often use one trick: if you lose sound on your iPhone, plug it in for a while and then unplug the headset. Headphones. here’s what will help you deal with the situation. This method is very helpful. In any case, this is what most iPhone owners say.
Sound drops on iPhone: solution
Often, users complain about a situation in which sound disappears on the iPhone. And it doesn’t matter which model you have. This problem can still bother even the most careful and thrifty person. To be honest, there are a lot of options for the development of events. But we will try to fully deal with them. Why is there no sound on my iPhone? What to do in this or that case? All this will be discussed now.
Don’t want to look for a long time for the cause of the breakdown and loss of sound? Then you can try to do without it. It is enough to reset all iPhone settings to the initial ones. If the reason lies in the operating system of the device or some kind of failure, then it will be eliminated. When can you try your luck? For example, if you lost the lock sound on iPhone.
How to bring your idea to life? Go to smartphone settings. There you need to select the “General” tab. “Reset”. Take a close look at all the points that the system will offer you. Here click on “Reset all settings”. Now you have to wait a while. Don’t be alarmed if the iPhone restarts immediately after processing your request. This is quite normal.
You can see what happened. Practice shows that resetting the settings to the initial ones not only returns the sound, but also generally improves the operation of the smartphone operating system. True, it will take a long time to set up call ringing again. This is not such a big problem compared to the sound disappearing on the phone.
What to do if sound disappears on iPhone? It all depends on the situation. Sometimes the cause of this problem is the ingress of moisture into the device. Talking on your smartphone in rainy weather? Dropped it into the water? Then don’t be surprised at the problem! Any phone starts to “glitch” when it comes into contact with water. By the way, high humidity in the room can also cause the sound to drop out.
Here everything is solved quite easily. If the sound disappears on the iPhone (or it disappears altogether) due to moisture getting into the device, it must be dried. Disassemble the phone as much as possible, and then blot each component with a towel. Dry all parts carefully with a hair dryer. The faster you do it, the better.
What’s next? Once the entire smartphone is dry, you can reassemble it and test its functionality. Practice shows that the sound problem usually disappears. You should not be limited only to these cases. Sometimes the sound on the iPhone drops for other reasons. Some of them are very easy to eliminate. And some are not subject to adjustment at all.
The first reason for our problem may be a banal reset of the set settings. That is, if you notice that you have lost sound on the iPhone 4, you should not immediately panic. Check if everything is ok with the settings.
Most likely, you will notice that you have a silent mode. It is enough to change it to any other, and the problem will disappear by itself. Basically, this is a very common case. But unfortunately, more often subscribers think about the problem if the situation is of a different nature. So what else could be the case? Why is sound disappearing on the iPhone??
The next reason. it is damage to the speakers in the device. This is also a very common case. And just he brings a lot of inconvenience to users. After all, before drawing such conclusions, you will have to exclude all other options.
If you find that you have lost sound on your iPhone or it is now quiet, it’s time to check the integrity of the speakers. It is best to take the machine to a service center. They will tell you exactly what the problem is. If the speakers on the device are really damaged and refused to work, then only one thing will help here. their complete replacement. As a last resort. repair. But you shouldn’t do this on your own. Again, you will have to contact service centers. No other way.
But there are also more unpleasant moments. For example, if we are talking about a pirated copy of the iPhone. Buyers very often complain about eternal problems with the operation of these gadgets. And the sound disappears on them very often.
What can be done? First, try all the suggested solution methods. Most likely they won’t help. Secondly, if your copy of the iPhone is still covered by a warranty, you can use it. Just exchange your phone for a new one. It should be noted right away. this phenomenon is rare. Often buyers of fakes are left with nothing.
Then you can only sympathize. And to suggest from now on not using fake gadgets. Or learn to work with an iPhone without sound, or completely change your phone. But not on “pirate” anymore. There is no other way out.
Have you bought a new device and noticed the sound is dropping out on your iPhone? Most likely, the reason here lies in marriage. Do not hesitate, try to quickly solve the problem. How exactly?
iPhone Audio Keeps Cutting Out on iPhone 11 Pro Max, XS Max, X, 8 Plus & 7 in iOS 14/13.6. Fixed
Is the warranty expired? Take your iPhone for repair or replace it altogether. As you can see, there are enough cases when the sound disappears. And you don’t always need to panic. It is often possible to cope with all the problems on your own. If you are afraid to make the wrong “diagnosis”, contact your nearest service center. This will save you unnecessary headaches.
This method solves most of the problems. To force restart your gadget, follow these steps: For iPhone versions below iPhone X / 8/8 Plus:
Hold your finger on the power button, then, without releasing it, simultaneously hold your other finger on the HOME button (on iPhone 7/7 Plus, on the volume down button) 2. As soon as the screen lights up, first release the power button, and then after a few seconds another button. The device will be restarted and ready to work.
Quickly press the volume up button and release it. Then do the same with the Volume Down button. 2. Hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. After that, your device will be restarted.
No sound during screen recording on iPhone
Make sure screen recording is turned on
Open Settings. Control Center. Customize Controls. 2. In the list of settings, use the “” button to add the “Screen Recorder” function to the Control Center. Now try to activate it through the control center widget and record a video from the screen.
Factory Reset iPhone
If the screen recording function does not work on the iPhone, video and sound from the screen are not recorded, you can try to reset all settings to factory settings. In this case, all data on the device will be saved.
Open Settings. General. Reset. Reset All Settings. 2. Wait for the device to be ready for use.
Screen recording doesn’t work on iOS 11/12. what to do?
With the release of iOS 11/12, users are finally able to use the function of recording video from the screen with sound. Before that, mobile users had to install third-party applications and tweaks to record video from the screen. And now all iPhone owners who have installed iOS 11/12 have this feature by default.
Screen recording with sound is not recorded on iOS 11/12
However, there were a number of people who ran into problems while recording from the iPhone screen. Here’s what they post on the forums:
“Apple has finally added screen recording in iOS 11/12. I have been waiting for this for a very long time, but I was very upset when I tried it in action. I was unable to record video from the screen, audio and video are not recorded. Tell me what to do and how to fix the problem? “
Recover iPhone with Tenorshare ReiBoot
If none of the methods solved your problem, and the screen recording function still does not work on the iPhone, video and sound are not recorded on iOS 11/12, then perform a device recovery. The best way to do this is to use the Tenorshare ReiBoot program. With its help, you can solve most of the problems by entering and exiting recovery mode. You can solve the problem “screen recording does not work on iPhone” in just a couple of clicks.
Download and run Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer, then connect your iPhone with a USB cable to your computer. In the program window, click on the “Fix all iOS freezes” button. Then click “Fix it now” and follow the further instructions. New firmware will be loaded.
When the process is complete, click on the start recovery button. After a few minutes, the device will be rebooted and ready to work.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is a versatile tool that can solve other common errors on iOS 11/12: stuck on a black screen or apple logo, if the display does not respond to your touch, if the iPhone does not exit recovery mode, or if it stuck on a blue screen of death etc. You can use it on both Mac and Windows, the download is free.
Sound doesn’t work on iPhone
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
How to deal with a loss of sound on iPhone? The solution to the problem depends on what caused the problem. It is not uncommon for the iPhone to have no sound when making a call, when playing music after an update, or due to a violation of the integrity of parts. The reasons that the sound disappears and appears may be associated with problems in the device settings, mechanical damage to the speaker.
Before proceeding with the repair of the device, the following details should be determined:
- how does the malfunction manifest itself
- a possible reason that there is no sound or the speaker sometimes turns off
- how the device behaved before it broke
You can fix the problem when the sound on the iPhone is missing by yourself. In simple cases, complex diagnostics are not required to identify the reason why no sound is played during a conversation or when watching a video. Most of the faults are hidden inside the device itself, so it is enough to carefully disassemble the device and carefully inspect the condition of the components. If the sealed contacts of the microcircuit or other damage are not visible anywhere, contact the masters for help.
Causes of malfunctions and ways to solve them
If you are faced with a problem when suddenly or after a short period of time the sound signal disappeared, you can solve it on your own. Even with a bad or intermittent sound, you should not hope that everything will go away by itself, but it is better to deal with the cause of the breakdown and eliminate it.
A typical list of reasons leading to the sound mutes on iPhone when calling or watching a video, listening to music, include:
- reset of the set settings
- speaker damage
- audio channel pollution
If you wet or drop your mobile device, the hardware may be damaged. There will be no audio signal when mute is on. In this case, you can navigate by vibration. No ringtone sound will be heard in a completely discharged or disconnected device.
What you need to fix the device
If you only feel vibration during a call, check the set volume level. The reason that you hear a poor audio signal when talking or listening to music may be due to clogging of the channels with dirt or dust particles.
In order to repair a device that has fallen or stopped playing a sound signal for another reason, you will need the following tools:
- a set of screwdrivers with special tips for working with small screw heads and other connecting parts
- suction cups
The main thing that is necessary when servicing an iPhone, the sound on which does not turn on or changes abruptly, is the availability of a special tool and experience in repairing electronic devices. In the case when the sound works in the headphones, but not without them, check the settings. This sign may indicate that the device is constantly used in the headset-on mode. Changes can be made via the smart keyboard in the corresponding section of the menu.
What problems can you fix on your own
The reasons for the malfunction, which led to the absence or deterioration of sound, may be hidden in the iPhone applications. If the ringtone beep is partially or completely lost, check the integrity of the buttons, iPhone settings. In the event of a normal system failure, you can restore the usual operability and functionality of the device that stopped working in a few minutes. To do this, you need to update the settings via the smart keyboard.
- ingress of moisture under the body of the device
- broken headphones or jack
- faulty buttons
- system crashes that led to the fact that sometimes or constantly mutes the sound while watching videos, playing games, working in applications
If the headset connector is broken, it should be replaced. In case of oxidation of microcircuits, it is necessary to clean the metal contacts.
Regardless of the performance of the iPhones, the following simple rules will protect you from problems associated with the lack of sound in your headphones:
- use only trusted programs to update the software
- avoid impacts and wear special covers to protect the devices from damage
- do not use the device in dusty or humid environments
If you are not sure that you professionally check your mobile device and identify the main reason why the sound appears or is suddenly interrupted, contact specialists for help.
Faults requiring special training
If the device is in a locked state, and the beep appears intermittently, it is necessary to check the integrity of the speaker, which is not working normally. The indicated sign may appear when playing games, watching videos.
This part of the device is damaged by the following influences:
- strong continuous vibration, which leads to the destruction of contacts
If the device falls or you get wet, the microcircuit responsible for sound reproduction may fail. If it breaks down, the ringtone melody can sharply change its amplitude. This malfunction affects both operating devices and blocked ones.
For what reasons, the sound recording may be missing on the gadget
There are several reasons why external audio may be missing from the video. Most often, there are only two problems:
- the smartphone has a system failure;
- user forgot to activate the microphone.
It is worth telling in more detail about how to fix the cause of the failure on your own. It is also worth considering in more detail each of the problems.
System crash in iPhone software
If the iPhone screen does not record sound, the problem may be a smartphone software crash. Every gadget can run into problems with the system. When the “Microphone” button is activated but no sound is recorded, the reason is a software error. In this case, it is recommended to first simply reboot the gadget.
As soon as the smartphone turns on again after restarting the system, you should check if it is possible to record sounds to the gadget. In the case when the video has a screen, but the user’s voice is absent, you will have to switch to other methods. First, it is recommended to go to the section with the settings and select the “Software update” item. After going through this subsection, the screen will display information about the availability of new versions. If the firmware requires an update, it should be run.
When this method also did not help restore the operation of the device, you will have to restore the gadget. Before starting the operation, you need to create a backup. It is created through cloud storage or iTunes. After saving a copy, you can restore the gadget through iTunes or using the device settings.
Audio Microphone has not been activated
To record the screen and comment on their actions, the owner must connect external audio. First, the user will need to enable the “Screen recording” option, it is located in the smartphone settings. To connect the main function, you need to follow the following instructions:
- the client goes from the main screen of the cell phone to the “Settings” section;
- further from the list the item “Basic” is selected;
- when a new list is displayed on the screen, the client selects the “Restrictions” section in it;
- the system will ask you to enter the password for the gadget account;
- if the settings were not used earlier, you will have to set a new access code;
- a new list will appear on the display, in it the “Screen Recording” service is selected;
- a slider is located next to it, it is moved to the “Active” position.
- When the option on the smartphone is activated in the settings, you can start creating a video. The user should remember that initially the shooting is carried out without sound. To connect it, you need to open the “Control Center” on the phone. There you will find the section “Screen Recording“, the button is pressed and held for 5 seconds. The microphone icon will appear on the screen, you should click on it to activate.
How to reset a gadget to factory settings
Users are wondering what to do if iPhone screen recording is silent. In this case, the factory reset operation will help. To begin with, it is worth telling how to perform the procedure through the settings of a cell phone. To reset data, use the following instruction:
- first, you enter the “Settings” of the smartphone;
- then the item “General” is selected from the list;
- the “Reset” subsection is selected on the screen;
- now you should click on the item “Reset all settings”.
- Using this method, the data on the smartphone will not be deleted.
When it is impossible to use the settings of the gadget, you will have to resort to using the iTunes program. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- first, you need to connect the gadget to a stationary computer using a lightning cord;
- then the smartphone must be removed from the lock;
- after unlocking the gadget, the program will be able to check the installed firmware version;
- as soon as the application on the computer starts, it will require disabling the “Find iPhone” option;
- to do this, find the “Find My iPhone” item in the settings and deactivate the function;
- a notification will appear on the screen with a proposal to save the data in a backup copy, you should refuse the offer.
The procedure ends by activating the “Restore iPhone” button. After that, the client will be able to use the gadget again and try to record with sound.
Why iPhone screen recording is silent
Sometimes, the user needs to record the smartphone display. Such actions are performed by players in the process of passing the level of an online game in order to show how to complete it. Also, the video may be needed as an example of how to perform this or that action through the phone. The owner has the option to record with internal sound only or connect a microphone. But there are situations when voice recording is not performed. In this case, you need to figure out why there is no sound when recording the screen on the iPhone.
Why the audio on the video disappeared on the iPhone?
Any electronics are inherently vulnerable, which is why problems happen with Apple devices. In particular, with the release of the iPhone 6, complaints about the sound disappearing in the phone have become more frequent.
The problem has different symptoms, so there are several solutions for it. If the audio on the video disappears on the iPhone, most likely the problem lies in the operating system. However, the reason may be the failure of one of the components of the phone.
Therefore, two types of problems can be distinguished: hardware and software. The first group includes:
Clogged / dusty headphone jack
If there is no sound in the headset, pay attention to the connection connector. The presence of any microparticles in the nest is unacceptable, so you need to take a small needle and carefully clean it.
Clogged / dusty speaker
The problem is solved in the same way as in the previous situation, however, cleaning must be approached with increased accuracy, since there is a high probability of damaging the speaker. It is also recommended to use a hair dryer to blow out dust from the speaker.
Mechanical breakdown of a speaker is an infrequent situation. It can be solved only by repairing a part in a service center.
Software causes of problems are much more common. The following malfunctions appear:
Lack of video player audio codecs
The standard player suffers from a lack of sound extensions relatively often. The solution to the problem lies in the vastness of the App Store: you need to download the most functional video player (for example, KMPlayer or VLC).
The ringtone disappears, the songs are muted, the sound in Instagram on the iPhone disappears. all these problems are associated with “jailbroken” smartphones. Finding a solution to such a problem is simple: just remove “root for iOS” and return to the standard version of the device.
It is difficult to describe the causes of the problem, since it appears under a variety of circumstances (system update, installation of additional software, etc.). It is solved either by restoring the smartphone through a backup, or by completely resetting to the factory state.
IPhone owners rarely experience the inconvenience of no audio on video. Nevertheless, knowing the causes of malfunctions and how to fix them is useful so that such a situation cannot be taken by surprise.
Why is there noise when recording video on iPhone and what to do about it?
Let’s quickly go over the main signs and reasons why extraneous sounds are heard when playing a video recorded on an iPhone and, most importantly, how to remove them (preferably once and for all)?
Let’s not postpone the matter let’s get started!
And here’s what can affect audio recording:
- Films and covers! It happens that some films (often) and cases (rarely) that cover the back (iPhone 5 and older) or the side top (relevant for iPhone 4 and 4S) of the device are made a little incorrectly and do not take into account the design features of the phone. Thus, they cover the microphone intended for audio recording. This means that during video recording, there is either no sound at all, or it is quiet and with extraneous noise. Remove all accessories and check again.
- Microphone is clogged or clogged. Needs to be gently cleaned with a brush or brush. We perform all actions very carefully, so as not to make unnecessary holes in the protective and decorative nets.
- It is important where and how you record the video. If this happens in complete silence, then the so-called background noise, or rather even some hiss, is possible. The fact is that the microphone tries to “hear” the slightest sound and its sensitivity is greatly increased in silence, in fact, it “makes noise”. Try to say something, he will “focus” on your voice and the hiss will disappear.
- Perhaps the reasons lie in the rattling of some elements inside the iPhone and it is their sounds that are superimposed on the video.
We carry out the “standard set of Apple technical support tips”:
- Resetting the device.
- We install the latest firmware.
- Without restoring the iPhone from a backup, but setting it up like a new one, we try to record a video again.
If the problem persists and interferes very strongly, then
- Best of all. official.
- Perfect. under warranty.
Probably the microphone is broken / damaged (although, it happens that the problem is not in it, but in completely different hardware).
Here it is necessary to understand (in the literal and figurative sense of the word) and it is worth entrusting this matter to professionals. And, I repeat, it is very advisable to contact not a “handicraft” service in the nearest market, but an official workshop. it will be much more reliable.
iPhone, like any other device, can malfunction. If there is still no sound on the phone, and none of the methods described above has brought a positive result, you should suspect it is a system failure.
First, try restarting your phone.
Read more: How to restart iPhone
After rebooting, check for sound. If it is absent, you can proceed to heavy artillery, namely, to restore the device. Be sure to create a fresh backup before starting.
Read more: How to back up iPhone
There are two ways to restore iPhone: through the device itself and using iTunes.
Why is there no sound on the iPhone
Most of the problems with no sound are usually related to the iPhone settings. In rarer cases, a hardware failure may be the cause.
If the sound from the speakers is working correctly, but when you connect the headphones you do not hear anything (or the sound is extremely poor quality), most likely, in your case, there is a breakdown of the headset itself.
It’s easy to check: just connect any other headphones to the phone that you are sure of. If there is no sound with them, then you can already think about a hardware malfunction of the iPhone.
I solved my sound problem! iPhone video sound fading in and distorted ? Follow these steps
Open any application with music or video, start playing the file and use the volume key to set the maximum sound value. If the sound is on, but the phone is silent on incoming calls, most likely you have incorrect notification settings.
To edit the notification parameters, open the settings and go to the “Sounds” section.
In the event that you want to set a clear level of the sound signal, turn off the “Change with buttons” parameter, and set the desired volume on the line above.
iPhone supports wireless devices such as Bluetooth speakers. If a similar gadget was previously connected to the phone, most likely the sound is transmitted to it.
It’s very easy to check this. swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center, and then activate airplane mode (airplane icon). From now on, the connection with wireless devices will be disconnected, which means that you will need to check if there is sound on the iPhone or not.
If the sound appears, open the settings on your phone and go to the “Bluetooth” section. Move this item to inactive position. If necessary, in the same window, you can break the connection with the device broadcasting sound.
Let’s start with the trivial: if there is no sound on the iPhone on incoming calls or SMS messages, you need to make sure that the silent mode is not activated on it. Pay attention to the left side of the phone: there is a small switch above the volume keys. If the sound is muted, you will see a red mark (shown in the image below). To turn on the sound, just move the switch to the right position.
The following types of breakdowns can be attributed to a hardware malfunction:
- Inoperability of the headphone jack;
- Sound control buttons malfunction;
- Sound speaker malfunction.
If the phone has been dropped in snow or water before, the speakers are likely to be very quiet or stop functioning altogether. In this case, the device should dry well, after which the sound should work.
In any case, if you suspect a hardware malfunction without proper skills in working with iPhone components, you should not try to open the case yourself. Here you should contact the service center, where competent specialists will perform a full diagnosis and be able to identify, as a result of which the sound stopped working on the phone.
No sound on iPhone is a frustrating but often fixable problem. If you have encountered a similar issue before, please share in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев how it was resolved.