Redmi AirDots not syncing
Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones bring comfort and independence to the life of every owner. But the interrupted song, the interruptions in the sound, are annoying. Synchronization issues are common gadget glitches. The reasons and what to do in such situations are of concern to every user.
Why don’t they work together
The sources of interference are different and are not always associated with the loss of contact between the inserts. Consider possible situations.
- AirDots do not connect to a smartphone. Possible Bluetooth version conflict. Disconnect active devices for a while, try to sync the headphones again.
- Play a song with delays. Earlier versions of wireless channels have low bandwidth. Remove unused TWS devices.
- The connection between the headphones and the phone is constantly lost. Clear the cache and list of Bluetooth devices. Run Connect again.
- The sound on one earbud is quieter. Examine the case. Remove dirt. Use a toothpick, lint-free cloth.
If the specified solutions to the problems did not help restore the work, only a factory reset will help. Zeroing a TWS headset is carried out if:
- The headphones lay outside the case for several hours, and after activation they do not synchronize with each other.
- The indicator lights up in white on the left and right ear pads.
- The light of the diodes in the container does not change to red.
Since the Mi and Redmi AirDots models are functionally and externally similar to each other, the instructions are applicable for the two versions.
Earbuds not syncing
To fix the out of sync issue, run:
- Before starting all the steps, remove the pairing with the smartphone.
- Place the liners in the container. Connect to power supply.
- The end of charging will be indicated by the indicator on the front of the case.
- Take out your headphones.
- Prepare a stopwatch. Hold down a function key or touch pad for 50 seconds.
- Allow for the specified time. During this period, the bulbs of the earbuds will flicker white, at first slowly, then the pace will accelerate. At the end of the process, the indication will change to red, after 5 seconds it will turn off.
- Release the pressure and put the Dots in the case.
- Wait 10 seconds, remove plugs, check phone contact.
The earbuds are connected as a whole when the reset is done correctly. If left and right AirDots appear in the Bluetooth list separately, it takes another minute to complete the setup.
- Place the left earbud in a container.
- Disconnect the right AirDots by holding the key or sensor for 30 seconds. When the flashlight flashes red, leave the earphone on the table.
- Take out the left gadget, turn it off in the same way as your partner.
- Put devices in the case.
- After 10 seconds, remove.
Devices sync and find each other. The indicator will light up only on the right.
The loss of the AirDots connection with a smartphone or headphones to each other is an unpleasant situation. Don’t be in a hurry to panic. Useful instructions from the article will help you quickly solve the problem.
What to do if the headphones don’t sync with each other
If your wireless headphones don’t sync with each other, then do the following:
Remove your headphones from the list of paired Bluetooth devices on your phone (if you have previously tried to make a Bluetooth connection);
This method works well with QCY and other models of wireless headphones.
Manual for Elari Wireless Headphones
If you have problems pairing your Elari headphones with each other, do the following:
- Delete pairings with Elari EarDrops in the list of Bluetooth connections of your phone (if there are any early attempts to connect);
- Put the headphones in the case for 30 seconds;
- Take the headphones out of the case;
- Turn off the headphones by holding down their button for a few seconds;
- After turning them off, hold down their buttons for 15 seconds. Headphones turn on, you will hear the connection beep;
- Place the earbuds in the charging case for 30 seconds (the red indicator should light up);
- Take the headphones out of the case and wait for them to pair.
- It remains to connect already paired devices to the phone.
Reasons for not pairing wireless headphones with each other
Among the reasons why wireless earbuds do not connect with each other, we note the following:
|The headphone pairing procedure was not performed correctly by the user.||Typically, users ignore the instructions on how to turn on and set up their headphones, trying to make a random connection. The result of such actions is the incorrect operation of the device.|
|Headphones are far apart.||It is recommended that you pair the earbuds for the first time by placing them side by side.|
|One of the headphones is disconnected.||In some versions of wireless headphones, it is not enough to remove the headphones from the charging box. They also need to be turned on by holding down the multifunction button of each headphone for a few seconds. If one of the headphones is not turned on, pairing will not work.|
|Headphones (earbuds) are not in pairing mode.||In some models, to enter into synchronization mode with each other, you must perform a number of actions (for example, double-click on the multifunction button of one of the headphones). If it doesn’t, the earbuds won’t sync with each other.|
|Devices are discharged.||An important condition for pairing (especially the first such procedure) is their full charge. If one of the earbuds is low or near this mark, pairing may not work.|
|The Bluetooth data of the phone already has the wrong Bluetooth connection data of the headphone.||This happens in a situation where the user has previously tried to connect headphones, but did it wrong. In the phone, in the list of Bluetooth devices, the data of an incorrect Bluetooth connection has been saved. In this case, it will be necessary to delete this data from there, “forgetting” the incorrect connection.|
|There is a powerful Wi-Fi router nearby.||Wi-Fi signal uses the same frequency spectrum as Bluetooth. Move away from the router.|
Having listed the main causes of dysfunction, let’s describe the ways to pair the headphones with each other.
Pairing Redmi headphones with each other
If there are problems with the synchronization of the AirDots wireless headphones with each other, the procedure for solving is similar:
- Disconnect the headphones by holding down their buttons until the red indicators appear;
- Then again hold down the buttons of the headphones for 30-50 seconds. The white light will flash first, then the earbud lights will turn white and red, and flash twice. Hold the buttons until they blink several times and go out, then blink again;
- Put the headphones in the case for a few seconds;
- Take out both earbuds from the case and the earbuds will automatically pair with each other;
- All that remains is to connect them to your phone.
Wireless headphones don’t pair with each other what to do?
Many experts argue that in a couple of years, wireless Bluetooth headphones will completely replace outdated wired alternatives from the market. Wireless earbuds are convenient to use, they are enough for 4-6 hours of battery life, they charge quickly, and in general, it is fashionable, stylish and practical. Having bought them, and trying to pair them with the phone, we often come across a situation where they can only connect to the phone one at a time. What to do in a situation when wireless headphones for some reason do not pair correctly with each other? We will tell in our material.
An alternative way to pair your headphones with each other
If the above method did not help, and your earbuds still do not match, then do the following:
- Disable Bluetooth on your phone;
- Reset the settings of your earbuds (for example, as described above);
- Put them back in the charging box and wait a minute;
- Now take out the right earphone first and turn it on;
- Then take the left wireless earbud out of the case and turn it on;
- Press the right and left earphone multifunction button twice at the same time;
- You will hear a beep about their synchronization and will be able to use their capabilities.
Above, we examined the reasons why wireless headphones sometimes do not fully pair with each other, and also explained what to do to correct the situation. Use the methods listed by us to solve the problems that have arisen and normalize the operation of your devices.
Because of which only one earphone can play
The fact that Xiaomi or Redmi AirDots do not pair with each other does not necessarily indicate a malfunctioning headset. The phenomenon may be due to the fact that the earphone operates in mono mode, regardless of the second. This feature can be used intentionally, which is very convenient in certain cases, but most often the owners of Xiaomi AirDots and Redmi AirDots are faced with the problem of lack of synchronization between the right and left earbuds, that is, they do not detect each other, and therefore do not synchronize with each other.
If we are not talking about a malfunction of the Xiaomi AirDots headset, clogging of the speaker, incorrect position of the battery, Bluetooth capsule, etc., and one of the headphones does not work, it may simply be discharged or the connection to the device is not correct. Incorrect smartphone settings also often cause desynchronization.
How to solve the problem of lack of synchronization of AirDots headphones
With the ubiquity of wireless devices belonging to different types of communication equipment, users have received many benefits. For data transmission, the presence of a wire is no longer a prerequisite and one of the technologies that provide a connection without a physical connection is called Bluetooth. Today they are free of wires, including headphones, the main problem of which has always been the constantly arising need to untangle the resulting intricacies. One has only to remove the earbuds from the ears and already before the next use you have to comprehend the science of untiing sea knots.
Wireless headphones are rapidly gaining popularity, displacing conventional models from the market, while well-known brands, trying to keep up with trends, support the popularization of wire-free devices. So, today Xiaomi AirDots and Redmi AirDots are in great demand, which can be used as a headset. Wireless headphones from Xiaomi and the recently formed sub-brand Redmi are loved for the most successful combination of price and quality among the models on the market. At the same time, users often have questions about connecting devices, as well as problems with synchronization.
How wireless headphones work
Various methods are used to provide wireless data transmission between devices. The connection of the headset with the sound source is possible due to the built-in receiver using radio frequencies, infrared port or Bluetooth. The Xiaomi and Redmi AirDots headphones use a Bluetooth connection. This technology is most often used to transmit a signal from a device to a headset due to the absence of interference, which is due to the receipt of data in digital form. The disadvantage of this method is the compression performed before sending the information to the headphones, as a result of which it is not possible to achieve high sound quality. The sound in Xiaomi and Redmi AirDots is quite decent, taking into account the price segment of devices, Bluetooth audio codecs are supported SBC, SBC XQ, but there is no need to dream of AptX or AAC.
How to Fix Redmi Airdots Pairing Problem | Pair Both Airdots | Connection Problem Troubleshoot
To pair a Bluetooth headset with a sound source, you need to turn on AirDots and synchronize it with the device. The procedure takes only a few seconds and usually succeeds. At the same time, in some cases, users have problems with synchronization, for example, by connecting a headset, you may find that the second earpiece is idle. What’s the matter and how to fix the situation, we’ll figure it out further.
Redmi AirDots Synchronization. earphones work separately
How to solve this problem
Regardless of which headset is used by Xiaomi AirDots or Redmi AirDots, as well as which particular earphone is not connected, there is a solution, and you will have to act in the same way. If the Redmi AirDots do not connect with each other, the earbuds should be synced by resetting the wireless headset.
To reset Xiaomi AirDots, follow these steps:
- Turn off the headphones. Clamp the touchpads and hold until the indicators turn red.
- Clamp the panels again and hold for about 30-50 seconds, which will allow AirDots to turn on, this will be indicated by a blinking white indicator.
- After 10-20 seconds, the lights will turn red-white and blink twice. We hold until the indicators go out, and after which they will blink again several times. This will mean that the reset procedure was successful.
- We return the headphones to the charging case and after a few seconds we remove them together. The process of synchronizing the AirDots with each other will begin. When the left earbud finds the right one and syncs with it, it will be possible to connect to the smartphone.
The method is relevant when the second earphone is not connected in the case of both Xiaomi Mi AirDots and Redmi AirDots. At the same time, due to some design differences between devices, as for Redmi, while holding the buttons, you need to wait for a double beep, otherwise the above instructions will be similar.
After performing a full reset, there are often cases when the device sees each of the headphones separately, as different devices. To rectify the situation, you need to connect the right earphone and wait until it works, then press the button on the left one, after which they will be synchronized.
Another way to connect AirDots headphones is just as simple and involves the following steps:
- We return both earbuds to the charging case, close them and make sure that the device is fully charged.
- We remove only one earphone.
- We are waiting for the headphone to turn on, and then turn it off with a long press.
- Clamp the panel and hold it until the red indicator is activated.
- We remove the second earphone and perform the same manipulations with it.
- We return the headset with glowing red bulbs to the case.
After the procedure, the headphones should sync with each other and now work together. If it was not possible to correct the situation at the first attempt, the process should be repeated without breaking the sequence of actions.
In some cases, the matter is in the settings of the smartphone, then the problem will have to be fixed in them, for example, the speaker is often set by default as a sound playback device. Clearing Bluetooth app data sometimes helps.
If we are talking about a physical malfunction of the headset, it can most often be repaired. It is better to take the device to the service, unless, of course, you are a master and are really able to cope with the breakdown on your own.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones
It does not hurt here to share step-by-step instructions for syncing headphones:
Insert AirDrops into the charging case, each earphone into its own socket. Make sure the case (aka charger) is charged.
Delete the headphone connection information from the “Bluetooth” menu of your smartphone.
Take two headphones out of the case, turn them off. To do this, hold down the control button on each of the “earbuds” for 5 seconds.
Now you need to perform another “Reset” (the first was to remove the device from the list of Bluetooth devices connected to the phone). At this stage, you need to reset the connection between the two Air Dots headphones. To do this, press and hold the control buttons on each of the dots for 20 seconds. The status light should flash twice: first after 10 seconds and then after 20 seconds. Do not release the buttons until you see the LED blink a second time.
Turn on your headphones. To do this, hold down both control buttons for about 5 seconds. You can turn on in another way: just place the “ears” in the case, and then remove them from there. When you take Xiaomi AirDots out of the case, they turn on automatically.
After this restart, you will see the status indicator on the right earbud blinking white. At the same time, the indicator on the left earphone does not light up and remains unlit. This means that there is a connection between Air dots, and the right earphone can be paired with a phone.
The last step is to pair the presenter (right) AirDots with your mobile device, after which you can enjoy music, audiobooks or podcasts, and receive incoming calls through the headset.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones with each other
There is a real boom in wireless Bluetooth headphones these days. There are many models of various brands on the market. The characteristics and for them, of course, are different. It’s safe to say that Xiaomi AirDots are one of the most popular models today due to features, sound quality and more than affordable price tag.
However, the most common problem faced by Air Dots owners is headphone desynchronization. In other words, there are situations when Redmi AirDots (or any other similar Xiaomi model) do not connect with each other, and only one of the “plugs” remains working. Of course, in this regard, users are interested in how to solve the problem. There is a solution. The user will need to re-pair between the right and left earbuds.
Why when connected to a phone, the headphones do not pair with each other
Sometimes AirDots sync individually, that is, they don’t join one another, but work with a smartphone. The reason is that the left earbud “loses” the right one, so the pair stops working together. What to do?
- Reset Bluetooth settings for Xiaomi AirDots. Start by turning off each earbud. On each, hold down the buttons (touch or physical) until the indicators turn red.
- Press the buttons again, now for 30-50 seconds. First, the headphones will turn on, the white light will turn on, then after 10-20 seconds you will see that the indicator glows either red or white (2 times). Continue to hold the buttons, the indicator will blink a few more times and then go out for a few seconds. After that, it will blink twice more and the headphone settings will be reset.
- Take the headphones out of the case. The left one will start looking for the right one, synchronize with it, and then the “dots” can be connected to the phone.
Another reason for “desynchronization” is the wrong procedure for connecting the headphones to the smartphone. In this case, instead of the right “ear”, the left one is connected first to the device, and starts working in mono mode. The right one cannot be connected. To connect both AirDots, you will have to do a factory reset and a new connection, as described in the step-by-step instructions above (see “How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones”).
One of the most popular models of this brand is AirDots. The headset supports separate use of the earbuds, which slightly complicates the connection procedure. Unlinking Xiaomi AirDots from another device must also be done in a specific order.
- Remove the earbuds from the charging box. Touch the sensors on the sides of both parts of the headset. Hold them for about 10 seconds. If the procedure is correct, the red-violet LEDs will light up. This means a full factory reset.
- Place the earbuds back into the charging box for 5-10 seconds. Take them out at the same time. If the procedure was carried out without violations, the purple LED on the right earphone will light up.
- Turn on Bluetooth, start searching for other devices.
- The devices available for connection will appear on the screen. The headset may have the name Redmi AirDots or Mi AirDots BASIC (L and R). We recommend that you connect the right earphone with the R in the name first. Select the right earbud from the list of Bluetooth devices to pair with your smartphone. To connect the left earphone, you need to hold down the button on it for a few seconds until you hear the characteristic turn-on sound.
- After connecting the gadget to the smartphone, the white LED will flash rapidly for 10-15 seconds. This means that the headphones are synchronized with each other. After syncing is complete and connected to the smartphone, both LEDs will turn off.
In order to connect only one earphone, you must:
- Remove one of the earbuds from the charging box.
- Hold down the touch button.
- Activate Bluetooth. start device search.
- Select a device called Redmi AirDots L / R, where L is the left earphone and R is the right one.
- Allow device syncing.
- The earbud will blink for 10-15 seconds trying to sync with other earbuds, but then connect to the playback device.
The earphone is not positioned correctly in your ear
Everything is simple here. Place the speaker so that you can hear clearly.
Bluetooth headset connection issues after Android update
After upgrading the software, many owners of smartphones and tablets face malfunctions in the operation of certain modules on a mobile device. If the updated Android completely refuses to work with the wireless earphone, it can be argued that the problem is software in nature. However, it can be difficult to solve at times. This is due to the fact that the radio module does not have its own settings. they are sewn into the system and closed from external interference. Therefore, you will not be able to update or roll back the parameters of the Bluetooth module separately.
The following steps will help to restore Bluetooth functionality after upgrading Android.
In order for a wireless personal audio device to function properly, you need to know how to properly use Bluetooth headphones. The main distinguishing feature of these accessories is the absence of a wired connection. They work due to radio waves, the frequency spectrum of which ranges from 2.4 to 2.48 GHz. When working with wireless headphones, the main requirement is that the device to which they are connected, Bluetoothmodule.
Most modern models catch at a distance of 10 meters. Certain inconveniences can be caused by the presence of several devices equipped with radio modules. During operation, they can connect to the devices used and create additional interference. To minimize such situations, the developers of wireless technology have provided frequency hopping
Even if the frequencies coincide, this will be expressed only in a short-term break in communication, which the user may not even notice.
According to the manufacturers, the range of new devices with Bluetooth3.0 version can reach 100 m. In fact, this figure is several times less. In open space, accessibility in an area of 50 meters, in buildings 10-20 m.
Battery placed incorrectly
The problem here is about polarity. We check the placement and For devices 11 mm outward, and. inward. For 9 and 6 mm, vice versa. If after inserting the battery you hear a slight noise from the speaker, then you did everything right.
How to determine the cause
The reasons can be determined as follows:
- Check the device, if it is clogged with gray, you will see it. They should be cleaned and hygienic practices should be followed in the future. But you can buy special headphones that are protected from the ingress of sulfur.
- It is necessary to check the battery. Bluetooth headphones work wirelessly, but require a battery. It is necessary to make sure that the battery is in the correct position, namely the polarity.
- If the headset is not positioned correctly, try reading the instructions for use. Some headphones will only work when worn around the neck or on the arm (it all depends on the individual antenna parameters).
- When you use the headset for the first time, you need to look for the device in the list of active ones on the phone. But many headsets have similar names, so it is easy to confuse silt with those that were previously connected. You should clear the phone memory or use the search.
- If the settings are incorrect, they should be corrected. often than not, the default device is the speaker of the phone, not the headphone. You need to change this parameter in the settings. But if the sound does not come to the speakers of the phone, then the reason is different.
Attention! Make sure to position the device correctly in your ears. The speakers have a very narrow directivity. Perhaps the device itself is okay, but it is located at the wrong angle and the walls of the ear canal block the path of sounds.
Features of customizing headsets of different brands
Many manufacturers provide specialized software for setting them up with wireless headsets. You can download applications to your phone using the App Store or Google Play. The manual often contains a QR code with a direct link to the software. It is recommended to install specialized software before synchronizing with a wireless headset.
The manufacturer’s instructions usually tell you how to quickly connect to Bluetooth headphones and what to do if a problem occurs. Let’s analyze the features of connecting wireless headsets Honor, JBL, Xiaomi, TWS, Samsung, Hoco to the phone.
Doesn’t find device
After activating the headset, the smartphone does not always find it the first time. The reasons for this problem:
- The headset and phone are too far apart. At a distance of more than 5 meters, the headphones cannot be connected to the smartphone. It is recommended to place the gadget next to the smartphone.
- The phone or earbuds are almost completely discharged. The headphones must be placed in the box and charged for at least 1 hour. For a phone, a full discharge is dangerous, so manufacturers at the software level have provided for turning off the radio modules when the smartphone goes into power-saving mode.
Xiaomi AirDots sound out of sync: how to fix the problem
As practice shows, connection problems for fully wireless Xiaomi AirDots often arise due to the fact that the headphones did not connect or were connected incorrectly to each other.
And there is such a bug with synchronization they have quite often and is guaranteed to lead at least to desynchronization of the sound, which is not good.
how to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones correctly
The procedure for connecting these headphones is simplified to the limit and takes some seconds. And nevertheless, in order for both headphones to connect correctly and interact correctly with each other, it is better to perform it without haste and in the correct order. Namely:
- we put both headphones in the charging case, close it and check the battery charge level;
- if both headphones are charged, then open the case, take out one earpiece, and leave the other in the socket of the case;
- the earphone will turn on automatically, and you need to turn it off manually (press and hold the touch panel until the earphone is completely turned off);
- after disconnecting, press again and hold down the touch panel for at least 30 seconds until the headphone indicator turns red;
- after that, we take out the second earpiece from the case and in the same way and in the same order, first forcibly turn it off, then turn it on again, holding down the touch panel for 30 seconds (until the headphone indicator turns red);
- then we put both headphones (in which the indicators are glowing red) in the case for at least 5 seconds.
Actually, that’s all. Both headphones are synchronized and will work normally in stereo.
Well, as they say, in order not to get up twice, we will also talk about.
what to do if Xiaomi AirDots left earphone loses connection with the right one
This means that the connection between the headphones can also be established by resetting the settings of their Bluetooth modules. For this:
- disconnect both headphones (press and hold the touch panels until the red indicators turn on);
- now we clamp the panels again (for 30-50 seconds), wait until the headphones turn on (white indicator), then (after another 10-20 seconds) the indicator will light up and flash twice white and red (do not release pressing) and then flash a couple more times and go out;
- we put both headphones in the case;
- we extract them from the case, wait for the synchronization procedure to complete and reconnect the headphones to the smartphone.
How to reset Xiaomi AirDots headphones?
- We hold down the mechanical buttons on the headphones and do not release them until the indicator starts flashing red.
- Press the keys again: first, the indicator will turn white. this means that the headphones have turned on.
- It is important that you hold down the buttons throughout the entire process.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones with each other?
First, read later, connect according to the instructions: Cancel pairing (remove the headphones) on all devices: smartphone, computer Remove both headphones from the case and unplug them: hold down the buttons for 6 seconds until the red LEDs light up again, hold down both buttons for 15 seconds: at first they will blink white, after 10
How to pair Airpods with each other?
Place both Airpods in the charging case and keep using (the charging case is used for the initial sync with your device and to recharge the earbuds). Place both Airpods in the charging case, plug the case into a power source, close the lid and wait 10-20 minutes.
What to do if the left earbud does not connect to the right Redmi AirDots?
If after resetting the phone sees the left and right earbuds separately, we recommend that you put them in the case, then remove only the right earphone from the case and connect it to the phone, and then take out the left earphone and wait until the earbuds are synchronized with each other.
How to connect 2 Mi True Wireless headphones?
To connect, remove both earbuds from the charging case at the same time and wait 2 seconds until they turn on. After switching on, the left earbud automatically connects to the right one, the indicator of which starts flashing white. Moving on to the smartphone. Turn on Bluetooth and search for available devices.
What to do if Redmi AirDots earbuds do not connect to each other?
If the Redmi AirDots do not connect with each other, the headphones should be synchronized using the wireless headset reset method. To reset Xiaomi AirDots, follow these steps: Turn off the headphones. Clamp the touchpads and hold until the indicators turn red.
How to Re-pair Bluetooth Headphones?
If the Bluetooth headphones are on, turn them off. Activate pairing mode on the Bluetooth headphones. Press and hold the power button or ID SET button. When the indicator starts flashing quickly, release the button.